Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Contests/Giveaways? [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 00:29:07 04/02/2015 | Topic Creator
dark,

In an attempt to bring some fun back to the board, would you be okay with users running contests for physical prizes? I thought it might be fun and have a few extra Skylanders I've built up over time that I thought I might use for an occasional prize.

Few ground rules that I can think of:

Still no advertising - Something like "Subscribe to my Youtube channel for a chance to win" - anything designed to point the users off-site and onto someone else's site.
Disclaimer that the contest is not affiliated with darkSpyro.net, Curse, yadda yadda.
Disclaimer about minors getting parental permission, as they'd have to give out their physical address (similar to the trading card threads or the Volcanic Vault/UFO hat exchange).

Thoughts?
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#2 Posted: 00:35:16 04/02/2015
Hmm,I guess this is okay but I don't think many minors would get parental approval cause you know kids these days.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#3 Posted: 00:54:23 04/02/2015
Quote: azz01
Hmm,I guess this is okay but I don't think many minors would get parental approval cause you know kids these days.

Said the kid lol.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4 Posted: 11:46:40 04/02/2015
Site and Help threads aren't really the best place for this kind of response, ninja, just saying.
Well, it could probably work for the first few weeks,then you can expect shadier users starting to scam people - ESPECIALLY art contests. Younger users might just fall to making free drawings to someone that might just run away with the prize.It'd need a ton of guidelines,a ton of moderation,and very clear rules - three things the forum isn't known to have.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#5 Posted: 12:24:03 04/02/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Site and Help threads aren't really the best place for this kind of response, ninja, just saying.
Well, it could probably work for the first few weeks,then you can expect shadier users starting to scam people - ESPECIALLY art contests. Younger users might just fall to making free drawings to someone that might just run away with the prize.It'd need a ton of guidelines,a ton of moderation,and very clear rules - three things the forum isn't known to have.

It wasn't ment in a derragatory way. Also I think that if youtube can have give always there's not much reason to not allow it here. However I do agree with your points so I'd pretty ugh be fine either way.
---
#6 Posted: 12:56:55 04/02/2015
Youtube can get away with it because it's a company, but parents have only one person to voice their concerns to if their kids end up participating in a fake contest here or give away personal information in a giveaway in DS.
---
#7 Posted: 13:14:28 04/02/2015
Youtube can get away with it because it's a company, but parents have only one person to voice their concerns to if their kids end up participating in a fake contest here or give away personal information in a giveaway in DS.

True, but this website is affiliated with Curse, correct?
---
#8 Posted: 13:23:01 04/02/2015
No idea what Curse does other than help pay the server and load the place with annoying ads.
---
#9 Posted: 13:52:37 04/02/2015
No idea what Curse does other than help pay the server and load the place with annoying ads.

I'm not sure what else, but they are responsible for the site staying up 24/7.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#10 Posted: 15:47:35 04/02/2015
I mean, it sounds nifty, but given we've now had multiple users who decided to publicly post their passwords, I'm not sure some of the users who entered the contest(s) would understand how to give out the minimum amount of contact information and do so privately.

Of course, if we're just talking about digital prizes like a code that could be sent through a PM or email address, I don't see as big of an issue. But I have no experience with this. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#11 Posted: 21:26:33 04/02/2015
Quote: ninja9351
Quote: azz01

Said the kid lol.

Your point?
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#12 Posted: 13:45:10 05/02/2015
Quote: HIR
I mean, it sounds nifty, but given we've now had multiple users who decided to publicly post their passwords, I'm not sure some of the users who entered the contest(s) would understand how to give out the minimum amount of contact information and do so privately.

Of course, if we're just talking about digital prizes like a code that could be sent through a PM or email address, I don't see as big of an issue. But I have no experience with this. <.<

Agreed. I'd say it is probably best to keep to digital prizes only.
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me