Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Amiibo Boot Camp (Official Amiibo Training Topic)
Page 1 of 1
Amiibo Boot Camp (Official Amiibo Training Topic) [CLOSED]
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1 Posted: 04:44:06 02/02/2015 | Topic Creator
LISTEN UP YA FILTHY MAGGOTS
I'M HERE TO TEACH Y'ALL AMIIGOS PROPER TRAINING FOR YER PLASTIC BUDDIES!

So we kinda need an Amiibo training topic so I'm making one.

-----

HOW TO TRAIN AN AMIIBO:
Levels 1-20: Mirror your Amiibo (be the same character) and fight them until level 20. Make sure you teach them essential things such as pummeling after grabbing and ranged projectiles. If they don't do this, keep knocking it into their heads until they do it freely.

Levels 21-30: Fight your Amiibo with whatever mains you have. For example, I trained my Toon Link Amiibo during this time using the three characters I play as most, Shulk, Lucina, and Toon Link. They need to learn your strategies so it can be both a terrifying opponent and a faithful ally.

Levels 31-50: Fight alongside your Amiibo against several level 9 CPUs, or fight against it while varying characters. Use both tactics to keep it sharp. The more characters your Amiibo fights, the more it will learn. It always learns from it's mistakes and improves on them.

After level 50: Your Amiibo still learns, so make sure you mirror fight it every now and then, just to keep it sharp. It'll still adapt to who it fights too.

-----

My trained Amiibo:

• Toon Link
  • Zelda

I count these as my only trained ones since I just randomly battled my other ones. Toon Link is my greatest success though, I trained him very well.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#2 Posted: 06:49:01 02/02/2015
And here, i've just been doing 8 Player Smashes, summoning my 5 amiibos, and putting 2 CPU's smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#3 Posted: 13:17:01 02/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
And here, i've just been doing 8 Player Smashes, summoning my 5 amiibos, and putting 2 CPU's smilie

I think there's a way to reset them if you want to train them better. They turn into an absolute beast on the battlefield once they're trained.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#4 Posted: 17:08:43 02/02/2015
Oof I didn't do much mirror training at the start. With Pit I did a lot of fights while using Dark Pit, but I'm very doubtful he took in any info about his own character that way. I tend to train using my mains so they learn early on how to deal with them.
I will definitely mirror match once my mains finally come out as amiibo (Pac-Man, Greninja, Lucina, etc).

Either way pretty much all of the amiibo I have came out relatively well and can only be stopped by my friend who is going professional. They're all usually balanced against one another with nobody regularly dominating the rest, but I would say that Fox and Rosalina are the best in the team.

Interestingly enough however, Fox doesn't really go all out against fellow amiibo. He's more likely to take it easy and even lose early on in the match, whereas against myself and especially my friend he puts up as much of a fight as possible. It's as if he has a particular vendetta against human players (the first time I punched him he leveled up 4 times; no joke) but is indifferent to his amiibo brethren.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:09:33 02/02/2015 by CAV
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#5 Posted: 17:33:35 02/02/2015
Thanks for the tips... I just mirror them until they reach level 50. smilie Maybe I should re-train them, but they're already pretty tricky to fight.
#6 Posted: 00:03:48 03/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
Oof I didn't do much mirror training at the start. With Pit I did a lot of fights while using Dark Pit, but I'm very doubtful he took in any info about his own character that way. I tend to train using my mains so they learn early on how to deal with them.
I will definitely mirror match once my mains finally come out as amiibo (Pac-Man, Greninja, Lucina, etc).

Either way pretty much all of the amiibo I have came out relatively well and can only be stopped by my friend who is going professional. They're all usually balanced against one another with nobody regularly dominating the rest, but I would say that Fox and Rosalina are the best in the team.

Interestingly enough however, Fox doesn't really go all out against fellow amiibo. He's more likely to take it easy and even lose early on in the match, whereas against myself and especially my friend he puts up as much of a fight as possible. It's as if he has a particular vendetta against human players (the first time I punched him he leveled up 4 times; no joke) but is indifferent to his amiibo brethren.

Yeah I didn't mirror match Link, Samus, or Luigi, but I kinda did with Kirby and Pikachu. When I got them I knew I wanted them to work together as a team so I trained them in team battles with level 9 NPC mirrors until they hit 50. They aren't that good individually, but they're unstoppable as a team.

I trained Toon Link REALLY well and he's only ever lost 1 battle, when he went up against 7 level 9 Sonics. Zelda's training is going okay so far but I might mirror her until level 35 just to be safe. As for Yoshi, Lucario, WFT, Mega Man, and Shulk, I'll train them all properly when they arrive.

Nothing can stop my army.
NOTHING.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#7 Posted: 18:49:47 13/02/2015
I trained my bowser up to level 20 using mains and putting him against other amiibo. I fed him 3 things tho.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8 Posted: 02:00:27 20/02/2015
...Or you can train them however you want to train them.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#9 Posted: 14:40:06 22/02/2015
Amiibos always continue to learn, even after maxing out their level, and they only keep the strategies that result in their victory, everything else is forgotten. There's really no need to reset it, just expose it to different strategies and if the amiibo wins more often it will drop the less-useful tactics
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10 Posted: 16:00:08 22/02/2015
I have 8 level 50s
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me