Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Would You Mind Me Doing a WrestleMania Review Series?
Page 1 of 1
Would You Mind Me Doing a WrestleMania Review Series? [CLOSED]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8689
#1 Posted: 01:06:32 01/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I've been rattling around the ideo of doing a WrestleMania review series on darkSpyro. Now I know a few porfessional wrestling fans on here, but I know a lot of you are not professional wrestling fans. Now, I've been thinking of how to do it. Do I make a thread for each WrestleMania (there's 30 of them), or do I put it into one large megathread? Do I do it at all? I would love to hear your thoughts on this, and if you would even care to hear someones thoughts of someone that has watched wrestling for a decade-and-a-half? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Also, would you think to have it in S&N for visibility, or in IC?

DOUBLE EDIT: If I were to do it, I would have to review them starting on February 27th and watch one WM for every day until March 28th (the day before WrestleMania 31)
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:10:04 01/02/2015 by JCW555
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8741
#2 Posted: 01:11:02 01/02/2015

-----
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10455
#3 Posted: 01:45:02 01/02/2015
Do it if you want to. I always have enjoyed reading PPV reviews and especially the ones written by devoted fans who have sincere passion towards pro-wrestling. If I have to give advice to you on that project, I wish that you could forget about all the "scientific" methods of analyzing this sports entertainment. Analyze with your emotions and feelings since analyzing highly subjective matters on a pre-determined scale is as interesting as bag of wet mice. Of course we all know that the best WrestleMania is usually WM19 (pure quality matches) or WM17 (emotional rollercoaster of moments rather than top-notch performances). I cannot wait if you will do that... at least it will be more entertaining than upcoming WM31 where the predictability is too easy.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:49:37 01/02/2015 by Project_Unnamed
#4 Posted: 02:09:54 01/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Project_Unnamed
Do it if you want to. I always have enjoyed reading PPV reviews and especially the ones written by devoted fans who have sincere passion towards pro-wrestling. If I have to give advice to you on that project, I wish that you could forget about all the "scientific" methods of analyzing this sports entertainment. Analyze with your emotions and feelings since analyzing highly subjective matters on a pre-determined scale is as interesting as bag of wet mice. Of course we all know that the best WrestleMania is usually WM19 (pure quality matches) or WM17 (emotional rollercoaster of moments rather than top-notch performances). I cannot wait if you will do that... at least it will be more entertaining than upcoming WM31 where the predictability is too easy.

Thanks for the feedback Project_Unnamed. I know the scientific part of wrestling gets analyzed to death, but I will have to talk about it, especially in certain matches and moments.

Also, do you think I should make a thread for each WrestleMania, or keep it in one megathread?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:12:15 01/02/2015 by JCW555
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10455
#5 Posted: 02:28:53 01/02/2015
Quote: JCW555
Quote: Project_Unnamed

Thanks for the feedback Project_Unnamed. I know the scientific part of wrestling gets analyzed to death, but I will have to talk about it, especially in certain matches and moments.

Also, do you think I should make a thread for each WrestleMania, or keep it in one megathread?

Yes of course “scientific” parts are important but one must never forget about this sports entertainment’s aspect of emotional moments and fictional stories etc. But yeah, I will be fine as long you are not trying to be Dave “I am the most pretentious tool ever” Meltzer.

I highly suggest that you would review every WrestleMania as an individual. Do not post a huge mega post that sums up your reviews. Post each Mania review individually and if you want to do a sum-up post about them all to finish it, I am ok with it. Actually I cannot wait for your reviews if you decide to do it. I have done a little personal based-on-feeling analysis of my own about WM events from WMXIV to this day.

To sum up my post, I must say that do not try to be Dave “I am the most pretentious tool ever” Meltzer when doing your thing. Post your reviews individually. That is at least my opinion.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#6 Posted: 02:40:35 01/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I think I'll make an individual thread for each WrestleMania.

Anyway, here are some basic things I'm going to uotline before I start reviewing.

Everything before May 5th, 2002, I will refer to the company as the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) (essentially WrestleMania I - X8).

I'm going to call every WrestleMania by their Roman Numerals, regualr numbers, or by their actual names (WM 2000, X-Seven, X8, for example). This is to ensure accuracy.

To take this out of the equation, I will not refer to the Chris Benoit incident/Chris Benoit's demise. I will think of Chris Benoit pre June 2007.

Just to outline a few things.

EDIT: This is for my own information.

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:17:39 01/02/2015 by JCW555
#7 Posted: 06:48:31 01/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Logo's for use

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me