darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > How likely will we get a Sky 5 reveal in Feb?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
How likely will we get a Sky 5 reveal in Feb?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#1 Posted: 01:15:57 31/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Title says it all. Will they return to tradition or do what they did last year?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:44:30 31/01/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 01:18:19 31/01/2015
I'd say there is still a quite solid possibility.

They do have a rather big stand, at the ToyFair, right?
I doubt they wouldn't take advantage of an event like that.

They probably weren't ready yet, last year.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 01:42:48 31/01/2015
Very unlikely. There's only a day left this month and it is a weekend. :D
#4 Posted: 01:44:09 31/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: UncleBob
Very unlikely. There's only a day left this month and it is a weekend. smilie

Error has been fixed.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#5 Posted: 01:53:42 31/01/2015
Aw. My answer was perfect though. :D

To answer the new question... Very unlikely. We will get some kind of sneak peek or mistaken reveal, but everything around this game is still pretty tight lipped and I feel it still has some significant development time left to go. This is just my general observations though.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6 Posted: 02:12:34 31/01/2015
I'm hoping so. I always look forward to see what they do to try and trump the last game. I'm just hoping they don't go too overboard that we need ANOTHER new portal to play it.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
MilesProwerStar Green Sparx Gems: 315
#7 Posted: 02:19:17 31/01/2015
That's possible, but I doubt it. At the moment, we do not know anything about the game, we hardly have a clue, so it might be hard to say about the game, but hey, we never know.
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#8 Posted: 02:42:57 31/01/2015
Nope.
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
#9 Posted: 02:44:20 31/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylanderkids
Nope.

You know this? Or just your guess?
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#10 Posted: 03:04:42 31/01/2015
No, too soon.
---
bye
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#11 Posted: 03:06:25 31/01/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Nope.

Seeing as how their answer is neither a guess nor speculation, they probably know something.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:09:22 31/01/2015 by Aura24
#12 Posted: 03:10:43 31/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
Nope.

Seeing as how their answer is neither a guess nor speculation, they probably know something.

That's what I'm thinking.
---
#13 Posted: 04:04:45 31/01/2015

That's what I'm thinking.

SKY FAMILY. TELL US YOUR SECRETS.
---
Check this out! Please?
#14 Posted: 07:51:08 31/01/2015
Nope.

Did you hear that...?

It was the sound of my hope crashing...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#15 Posted: 09:50:26 31/01/2015
Definitely no announcement in february. April/May is very likely according to a schedule.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#16 Posted: 11:09:50 31/01/2015
Quote: myskylanders
Definitely no announcement in february. April/May is very likely according to a schedule.

So, it looks like they are going the "special reveal event" route, eh?

Well, I guess that's also an effective way to promote the game.

But, Good Eon, April and May are soooo distant, as of now... X(
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#17 Posted: 11:33:55 31/01/2015
This is good as we'll be focused on Trap Team longer.
---
#18 Posted: 12:11:05 31/01/2015
Quote: wreckingballbob
This is good as we'll be focused on Trap Team longer.

Honestly, I absolutely agree.

More time for us to enjoy what we already have, and what we'll get in the next months.

I would still like some teasers, just to start speculating more (characters, teaser trailers, hints maybe even some programmed "leak"), but I'm fine. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
xLuckyx Blue Sparx Gems: 812
#19 Posted: 17:28:04 31/01/2015
Sure hope so
---
smilie smilie smilie All geared up. smilie smilie smilie
TTD Hunter Gems: 6222
#20 Posted: 18:44:32 31/01/2015
Well, we got this teaser last year on 15th April

So, probably expect something like that.
I thought that the later announcement of trap team was more effective as there wasn't such a long wait for the game and it certainly built up more hype for the game. It also gained more publicity as journalists are trying to cover everything announced at toy fair, however with an announcement around April journalists will have nothing else to focus on other than Skylanders 5.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#21 Posted: 22:52:23 31/01/2015
If it was for me they could just wait another year~
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#22 Posted: 22:58:25 31/01/2015
Quote: Kevin16

This,
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#23 Posted: 00:29:13 01/02/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Quote: Kevin16

This,

+1. 0% chance of any announcement until April/May.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#24 Posted: 01:00:37 01/02/2015
It was so nice. The reveal came the day before my birthday. I say it will correlate to Easter break's time in the future for game reveals. Luckily Easter is early this year! smilie
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#25 Posted: 01:13:33 01/02/2015
Sorry for the double post but this deserves its own post.
Trap Team was revealed 3 days after Easter. Easter is on the 5th. That makes me think the reveal will come on the 8th. The trailer was 8 days before the reveal. That puts the trailer on the 31st of March which seems like a good time to announce something. More than likely we will find out the base color based on the color of the Toy Fair variant. Why? Because in 2013 it was blue and so was the base for Swap Force and last year we had Red Love Bug (Dune Bug) and the base was in fact red.
---
#26 Posted: 01:24:47 01/02/2015
Quote: ninja9351
Trap Team was revealed 3 days after Easter. Easter is on the 5th. That makes me think the reveal will come on the 8th. The trailer was 8 days before the reveal. That puts the trailer on the 31st of March which seems like a good time to announce something. More than likely we will find out the base color based on the color of the Toy Fair variant. Why? Because in 2013 it was blue and so was the base for Swap Force and last year we had Red Love Bug (Dune Bug) and the base was in fact red.

Don't know if that color thing is only an incredible coincidence, but really good theory. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#27 Posted: 01:29:03 01/02/2015
Quote: Drek95

Don't know if that color thing is only an incredible coincidence, but really good theory. smilie

It would be strange to do it 2 years in a row and it not be intentional. I'd say though that if it isn't Purple, White, Brown, Grey, Black, or light blue then I'm wrong as those are the colors I'd pick to represent each element. I say this because all base colors so far are the colors for a certain element.
---
#28 Posted: 02:10:23 01/02/2015

It would be strange to do it 2 years in a row and it not be intentional. I'd say though that if it isn't Purple, White, Brown, Grey, Black, or light blue then I'm wrong as those are the colors I'd pick to represent each element. I say this because all base colors so far are the colors for a certain element.

We'll see.

Speaking of this, do you think the SWAP Force's bases are more Water or Air "related", in terms of blue tint?
I'd say Air.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#29 Posted: 04:24:07 01/02/2015

We'll see.

Speaking of this, do you think the SWAP Force's bases are more Water or Air "related", in terms of blue tint?
I'd say Air.

If it had anything to do with elements, Air,

Water would be darker Blue
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#30 Posted: 05:11:39 01/02/2015
Actually, ninja9351 and everyone else, I have an even better theory. What if it's something else that they're basing their colors from? Here's my theory:

SSA had green bottoms
SG had orange bottoms
SSF were blue bottoms
STT were red bottoms

What else do these colors have in common? They're in a rainbow. Remember the pictures of the Skylanders with yellow bottoms before they became red? What if yellow's the next color, followed by either violet or indigo? Maybe they might end the franchise after 7 games. It's only a guess, but if you went by the elements, green = life, blue = water (or air), red = fire. But what does orange have to do with the elements?
It's a possibility.......
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#31 Posted: 08:12:56 01/02/2015
Quote: Insane01
Actually, ninja9351 and everyone else, I have an even better theory. What if it's something else that they're basing their colors from? Here's my theory:

SSA had green bottoms
SG had orange bottoms
SSF were blue bottoms
STT were red bottoms

What else do these colors have in common? They're in a rainbow. Remember the pictures of the Skylanders with yellow bottoms before they became red? What if yellow's the next color, followed by either violet or indigo? Maybe they might end the franchise after 7 games. It's only a guess, but if you went by the elements, green = life, blue = water (or air), red = fire. But what does orange have to do with the elements?

Well, all the prototypes we have seen, starting from Giants, have had yellow bases.
So, while possible, is unlikely.

Also, I think orange could be associated to Tech.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#32 Posted: 15:23:46 01/02/2015

SSA had green bottoms
SG had orange bottoms
SSF were blue bottoms
STT were red bottoms

IMHO
Green Base-Life
Orange Base-Tech
Blue Base-Water
Red Base-Fire
Purple Base-Magic
Grey Base-Undead
Light Blue-Air
Brown-Earth
Black-Dark
White-Light

If it's yellow my theory is dead, but if it is Purple, my theory or your theory is right. If it is White, Black Brown, Grey, or Light Blue my theory is more than likely correct. We shall see. But my reasoning for why they made the prototypes' base yellow is because they arn't ever going to use that color. Same goes for Clear which is probably strictly reserved for Eon's Elite.
---
#33 Posted: 15:45:16 01/02/2015

SSA had green bottoms
SG had orange bottoms
SSF were blue bottoms
STT were red bottoms

IMHO
Green Base-Life
Orange Base-Tech
Blue Base-Water
Red Base-Fire
Purple Base-Magic
Grey Base-Undead
Light Blue-Air
Brown-Earth
Black-Dark
White-Light

If it's yellow my theory is dead, but if it is Purple, my theory or your theory is right. If it is White, Black Brown, Grey, or Light Blue my theory is more than likely correct. We shall see. But my reasoning for why they made the prototypes' base yellow is because they arn't ever going to use that color. Same goes for Clear which is probably strictly reserved for Eon's Elite.

Completely forgot about the Eon's Elite's clear bases...
They are the first "variants" to have a different base's color than the one of the game they came out with. Probably because they trascend the games.

However wouldn't an hypothetical white (Light) base look too similar to those...?
Wel'll see how they'll treat Light and Dark characters, in Skylanders 5, bu I assume they are going to make bases only regarding the original eight Elements' colors.

Unless the "new Elements" idea was created EXACTLY to let them produce more games with more bases...
Nah.
Black and white really separate from the other 8 colors, I doubt they would make more tints of the same ones...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#34 Posted: 17:04:41 01/02/2015

SSA had green bottoms
SG had orange bottoms
SSF were blue bottoms
STT were red bottoms

IMHO
Green Base-Life
Orange Base-Tech
Blue Base-Water
Red Base-Fire
Purple Base-Magic
Grey Base-Undead
Light Blue-Air
Brown-Earth
Black-Dark
White-Light

They are the first "variants" to have a different base's color than the one of the game they came out with. Probably because they trascend the games.

However wouldn't an hypothetical white (Light) base look too similar to those...?
Wel'll see how they'll treat Light and Dark characters, in Skylanders 5, bu I assume they are going to make bases only regarding the original eight Elements' colors.

Unless the "new Elements" idea was created EXACTLY to let them produce more games with more bases...
Nah.
Black and white really separate from the other 8 colors, I doubt they would make more tints of the same ones...

White not clear. Milk colored if you will.
Personaly I think that giving them more colors to work with is an unintentional side effect. I think the main reason was to try to make a good story. I still stick with my theory of the main antagonists are light and dark forces. My reasoning comes from Nightshade saying when you fight him "I'd love to let you go Skylander but the GREATER FORCES OF DARKNESS won't allow it. This implies that he works for someone, and was stealing the thing in Midnight Museum for them. This means that we could be dealing with something more powerful than a Doom Raider in Skylanders 5. Kaos was a Doom Raider, so what could be stronger than Kaos?
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#35 Posted: 17:32:30 01/02/2015
Personally I doubt we'll ever get back on the New York Toy Faire announcement schedule. I also believe that they don't want to announce anywhere near Infinity, who this year will most likely announce Star Wars. I'm just happy V.V. is back at the helm on this next one. This last game made me lose a lot of faith in T.F.B. and Beenox on the port side. I still have Spanish coming out my sub-woofer during cut scenes (among other issues). Why they haven't patched out the bugs is beyond me. They clearly don't care.
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#36 Posted: 18:00:09 01/02/2015
I doubt it'll happen this month. I bet we will get another skylanders event probably in late April if last year is anything to go on. And I liked it, we got a look at the new game and only the new game, nothing else in the way of the main focus.
#37 Posted: 18:20:53 01/02/2015

IMHO
Green Base-Life
Orange Base-Tech
Blue Base-Water
Red Base-Fire
Purple Base-Magic
Grey Base-Undead
Light Blue-Air
Brown-Earth
Black-Dark
White-Light

Nah.

White not clear. Milk colored if you will.
Personaly I think that giving them more colors to work with is an unintentional side effect. I think the main reason was to try to make a good story. I still stick with my theory of the main antagonists are light and dark forces. My reasoning comes from Nightshade saying when you fight him "I'd love to let you go Skylander but the GREATER FORCES OF DARKNESS won't allow it. This implies that he works for someone, and was stealing the thing in Midnight Museum for them. This means that we could be dealing with something more powerful than a Doom Raider in Skylanders 5. Kaos was a Doom Raider, so what could be stronger than Kaos?

Yes, I guess a solid white would work.

I would really like to see some physical embodiments of the Darkness, but at the same time, I think Nightshade said that only because, well, it sounded cool.
I doubt it implied something, but that doesn't mean we won't see some truly greater evil.

Oh, and, I believe Kaos is never called "Doom Raider", in Trap Team.
He's a Portal Master, that's why he has 3 attacks (even if actually he has more that just 3), instead of 2.

That and... There is no other Kaos Element villain... As of now, at least.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#38 Posted: 01:04:48 02/02/2015
Im HOPING it would be revealed this month but i think it's highly unlikely smilie

I'm still hoping Malefor is the villain for the next game
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#39 Posted: 04:01:38 02/02/2015

Illumanati Confirmed.
---
Spread those positive vibes
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#40 Posted: 04:29:35 02/02/2015
That's something I wish not to think about. But with all of these pre-spoilers going on the Internet, how can I help it?
#41 Posted: 07:29:21 02/02/2015

I would really like to see some physical embodiments of the Darkness, but at the same time, I think Nightshade said that only because, well, it sounded cool.
I doubt it implied something, but that doesn't mean we won't see some truly greater evil.

He's a Portal Master, that's why he has 3 attacks (even if actually he has more that just 3), instead of 2.

But he is counted as a Doom Raider, even though he's not part of the group. He's seen in most promotional art that's about them, and unlike the regular villains, Kaos has a detailed backstory for Trap Team like the other Doom Raiders. Not to mention his capture sequence is longer than the regular villains as well.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:36:29 02/02/2015 by Aura24
#42 Posted: 08:26:35 02/02/2015

But he is counted as a Doom Raider, even though he's not part of the group. He's seen in most promotional art that's about them, and unlike the regular villains, Kaos has a detailed backstory for Trap Team like the other Doom Raiders. Not to mention his capture sequence is longer than the regular villains as well.

That's true, he is considered a Doom Raider, by the gameplay, and he's also as strong (even stronger) as the other ones.

However, I also think most of the time, commercials, promotional slogans and maybe also the back of the physical game case tend to say "Can you stop Kaos and the Doom Raiders?".

So he is considered a Doom Raider inside the game, but he's also at the same time not a true Doom Raider, simply because that was a group created a long time ago.

Other examples might be Luminous and Nightshade, as they both have 3 abilities, but never refer themselves as "Doom Raiders".

It's difficult to say without sounding confusing, hope I expressed it well... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#43 Posted: 08:35:24 02/02/2015
Kaos, Luminous and Nightshade can be considered unofficial Doom Raider members as they weren't recruited by the Golden Queen, but because they were villainous and notorious enough to surpass the other oridinary bad guys out there.

The Darkness is still the ultimate force of all evil, and despite being held back by the Core of Light again, it still can provide potential villains its powers to help them terrorize Skylands.
---
#44 Posted: 08:41:59 02/02/2015
Kaos, Luminous and Nightshade can be considered unofficial Doom Raider members as they weren't recruited by the Golden Queen, but because they were villainous and notorious enough to surpass the other oridinary bad guys out there.

The Darkness is still the ultimate force of all evil, and despite being held back by the Core of Light again, it still can provide potential villains its powers to help them terrorize Skylands.

Exactly, they are really powerful and evil, but not official members of the Doom Raiders.

Now that we have an actual Dark Element, I wonder if the Darkness itself will play a major role, in the future, like we were speculating before...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#45 Posted: 08:49:46 02/02/2015
The Darkness and the Dark element. Wonder how they'll differientate them?
---
#46 Posted: 09:41:37 02/02/2015
The Darkness and the Dark element. Wonder how they'll differientate them?

I guess they will keep the Dark Skylanders (and possible Dark trappable villains) on the "funny" and heroic side, while making the actual Darkness evil and serious.

For a Skylanders game, mind it. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#47 Posted: 11:34:14 02/02/2015

Exactly, they are really powerful and evil, but not official members of the Doom Raiders.

Now that we have an actual Dark Element, I wonder if the Darkness itself will play a major role, in the future, like we were speculating before...

Personaly that is my theory. The core of light holds back the darkness. There is already going to be focus on The Core of Light as it's explosion is responsible for the banishment of light and dark.
---
#48 Posted: 13:59:06 02/02/2015
What if they reveal that spin-off game we saw the leaked pictures of though? ...I mean, considering it IS a spin-off and not related to the fifth game at all.
---
Check this out! Please?
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#49 Posted: 15:44:27 02/02/2015
Well, we don't really know what it is. To me it really seems like a spin-off game, but it could be an extra mode of some sort that they were fancy about and decided to give its own logo. Unless I just missed something, stopped checking that topic after my last post.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:45:32 02/02/2015 by Arc of Archives
#50 Posted: 16:01:11 02/02/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
What if they reveal that spin-off game we saw the leaked pictures of though? ...I mean, considering it IS a spin-off and not related to the fifth game at all.

That would make perfect sense!
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me