Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > Why do you keep deleting my posts????
Page 1 of 1
Why do you keep deleting my posts???? [CLOSED]
applauz Red Sparx Gems: 36
#1 Posted: 22:02:45 30/01/2015 | Topic Creator
This is a SKYLANDERS forum and I can't make a post about a new SKYLANDERS app ? Please explain the logic behind that ?
---
Skylanders Trap Vault App -> Website | iOS App Store
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 22:05:18 30/01/2015
You keep advertising your app. And I can tell that you didn't read the Forum Rule about advertisement.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#3 Posted: 22:05:26 30/01/2015
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewtopics.php?forum=51
Theres a section for apps, that's why

Oh advertising, I see
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:06 30/01/2015 by SkyScratch
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 22:05:48 30/01/2015
There's a rule about not advertising anything personal (YouTube channels, videos, apps and so on), even if there have been some exceptions.

I think you could post it in another part of the forum.
This is strictly reserved to Trap Team news and discussions (and sometimes Skylanders 5 leaks).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#5 Posted: 22:08:52 30/01/2015 | Topic Creator
We have posted about the app on numerous other Skylanders forums without any issues. I can totally understand people not being allowed to post their personal YouTube channels, etc.

However this is an app built specifically for Skylanders Trap Team. You would think that you would embrace that, being this is a Skylanders forum. no ?
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6 Posted: 22:11:41 30/01/2015
So you're basically an advertiser for your fan-made Trap Team app, and not a user who wants to talk to other members?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#7 Posted: 22:12:42 30/01/2015
Quote: applauz
We have posted about the app on numerous other Skylanders forums without any issues. I can totally understand people not being allowed to post their personal YouTube channels, etc.

However this is an app built specifically for Skylanders Trap Team. You would think that you would embrace that, being this is a Skylanders forum. no ?

How many of Roger forums were darkSpyro.net?
None. Rules change from forum to forum.
You were advertising your app and that is not allowed
---
now its time to get funky
#8 Posted: 22:13:59 30/01/2015 | Topic Creator
ok.. I moved it to the mobile section.

@Aura - Who said I didnt want to talk to other members ?
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#9 Posted: 22:31:04 30/01/2015

Actually, it's a Spyro Forum smilie

Even though, I can see why you wouldn't want them to delete your posts, despite it being your app, and falling under the, advertising category,
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#10 Posted: 23:03:27 30/01/2015
Read the forum rules, please.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/rules/

It's against the rules to advertise. This includes the advertising of apps, eBay stores, auctions, and so on.

Please stop spamming the reposting of deleted topics, also.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#11 Posted: 23:06:33 30/01/2015

So you are going with the "all the other kids are doing it" argument?

Advertising is typically frowned upon, because it gets out of hand and eventually the site becomes nothing more than an ad farm. The fact that other sites let you do it has no bearing on the discussion.

And what's his incentive for providing you a venue for advertising? The banner ads pay for the site and bandwidth, you going to chip in for that?

Also, fan made apps have a rather precarious relationship with Activision, who has been known to take a very hard view at such things for copyright reasons, depending on the situation. A Spryo fan site tends to want to avoid angering the publisher of the game it celebrates. They have shut down several Skylanders apps.

Lastly, how about this? The rules say no advertising and you don't own the site.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#12 Posted: 23:28:19 30/01/2015
Basically, you just have to wait for someone else to post about your app for you.

I'm on Android, so you're out of luck from me. :D

Alternatively, you can ask Dark, as the developer of a Skylanders-specific app, if you can start a thread about it and get input from the users here about things the like/don't like. It's not really much different than if someone posts a spreadsheet or checklist for others to use.
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#13 Posted: 00:31:03 31/01/2015
Also, I took a look at said app. Unless you have permisission from activision it's going to get removed pretty quick because you're using their names and images. You're not even allowed to use the word 'skylanders'
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#14 Posted: 00:37:33 31/01/2015
This is a SKYLANDERS forum and I can't make a post about a new SKYLANDERS app ? Please explain the logic behind that ?

You joined the site just to promote your app...not to contribute to the community discussion or help fellow Skylanders fans with anything. Clearly self-promotion!!! You'd receive a warmer welcome if you have some gems built up and have been around for a while.
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#15 Posted: 02:24:10 31/01/2015
Can a moderator move this to site help and suggestions?
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
#16 Posted: 02:53:57 31/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Ya ... if they take it down they take it down... There's a couple apps on the app store that have been up for quite some time though.

I built this app for my 6 year old... if they take it down thats ok.. we will still have it on our devices. It solved a major problem we were having.. I just put it out there to hopefully help others with the same struggles smilie

Question ..

Can I put the link to the app in my signature ? I do see others have websites, YouTube etc in their signatures ?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:33:33 31/01/2015 by HIR
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#17 Posted: 15:27:56 31/01/2015
guys, give him a break, he's new.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#18 Posted: 15:30:23 31/01/2015
Did you make this account SPECIFICALLY to promote the app? Just asking.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#19 Posted: 15:57:05 31/01/2015
Question ..

Can I put the link to the app in my signature ? I do see others have websites, YouTube etc in their signatures ?

yeah you can
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#20 Posted: 16:57:10 31/01/2015

Other forums. Not this one. We have rules that are different than other forums. No advertising. I don't understand why your think I can't advertise my Skylanders centered youtube but you can advertise your app.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#21 Posted: 17:01:25 31/01/2015
Advertising channels in a signature or guidebook seems pretty fine because you're not sticking it down people's throats.
But before you start arguing with users about things we have NOTHING to do with, if you visted so many other Skylanders forums you should know by now how modding works. PM the mods,don't create threads where normal users with no post deleting powers aren't really going to spare much patience.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#22 Posted: 17:24:13 01/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Everyone needs to relax. I have no problems following the rules of a forum. I just thought it was odd. If that's the rule.. thats the rule.

Anyways .. no I did not plan to just join the forum to advertise. I joined to read and discuss peoples thoughts of Trap Team and future Skylanders games to help the roadmap of this app and others I am working on.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me