darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > How would you want an online mode to behave?
Page 1 of 1
How would you want an online mode to behave?
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#1 Posted: 20:28:19 25/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I know almost everyone wants an online mode for Skylanders 5, and due to a recent leak it certainly seems like a possibility. Now here's my question: how would you want an online mode to behave? Would you want it to be an online battle mode? A capture the flag game? Online campaign where you work together to complete a chapter? Online Brock's Area? Online Minigames?

I would like to see a capture the flag game with around 10-20 maps to choose from, while still retaining a great, single player experience.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:38:34 25/01/2015 by TTD
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#2 Posted: 20:32:46 25/01/2015
I am not that too crazy about online games.
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#3 Posted: 20:37:46 25/01/2015
I would like online story co-op, pvp, and mini-games
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 21:12:23 25/01/2015
I would like an open world map, with 4 players max online coop, and then online Arenas, PvP Battles and other minigames (like, possibly, the one leaked).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#5 Posted: 21:36:58 25/01/2015
I don't see it being story mode , it would be cool if it was but I think the game isnt really designed for it. switching skylanders seems too finicky to me, each one would have to load and reappear constantly over the Internet and I could easily imagine some lag or something. And people would probly be dropping out mid level all the time.

Online would probably have to work through pre loading characters up to the server and playing them like on the 3ds versions so the game would be smooth and consistent. and this really doesn't suit story modes constant need to switch to several other characters.

I think 4 player battles or 1v1 knockout tournaments to get to the finals would be the best use of online and a better gimic to sell.

but also in swap force pvp bsttles, unique attack effects didn't work on other skylanders. E.g. Slam bam couldn't freeze someone. Which kinda dulls down characters that rely on abilities, and favours characters that rely on pure power, making it less interesting. It'll take a lot of work to get online battles relatively balanced.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6 Posted: 21:52:51 25/01/2015
Well, online PVP I could see as being possible. Maybe with even more than just two players.

Maybe also include an online-exclusive mode, where you, your friends, or just random people online compete in daily challenges and missions.

Though to be honest, what I think is the most likely would be a "go 'til you drop" Arena Challenge with an online leaderboard.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#7 Posted: 22:35:00 25/01/2015
Quote: wild_defender
switching skylanders seems too finicky to me, each one would have to load and reappear constantly over the Internet and I could easily imagine some lag or something. And people would probly be dropping out mid level all the time.

Online would probably have to work through pre loading characters up to the server and playing them like on the 3ds versions so the game would be smooth and consistent. and this really doesn't suit story modes constant need to switch to several other characters.

That would be a great soluction, for the problem you mentioned, however, they would also have to create a way to transfer all the gold, experience and other things, such as the time you used a specific character or even just the hat, from the virtual Skylander to the physical figure.

So, the "Toys to Life" concept would truly be mantained. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#8 Posted: 22:37:17 25/01/2015
Quote: Drek95
switching skylanders seems too finicky to me, each one would have to load and reappear constantly over the Internet and I could easily imagine some lag or something. And people would probly be dropping out mid level all the time.

That would be a great soluction, for the problem you mentioned, however, they would also have to create a way to transfer all the gold, experience and other things, such as the time you used a specific character or even just the hat, from the virtual Skylander to the physical figure.

Or maybe it works how PVP used to work. You put a character on, and it locks that character in as your choice. Even if you take it off.
---
#hu
#9 Posted: 22:41:35 25/01/2015
Quote: Rickorio

Or maybe it works how PVP used to work. You put a character on, and it locks that character in as your choice. Even if you take it off.

Sure, Arenas still work like that. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#10 Posted: 22:49:38 25/01/2015

Oh yeah...heh, I hardly play the Arena Challenges. <.<
---
#hu
#11 Posted: 23:06:48 25/01/2015

Oh yeah...heh, I hardly play the Arena Challenges. <.<

Me neither.
I still have too many things to complete in the Story Mode.

Would have not been able to tell you that, if it wasn't for our recently acquired PlayStation TV, that let's me and my dad play coop from two different rooms, or on the bed, with a bigger screen.

It has some lag issues, but is still enjoyable.

For all the brothers or sisters/ parents and sons/couples and so on, who play coop a lot, I highly recommend Wildfire and Bushwhack. They are my new dream team. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#12 Posted: 00:04:49 26/01/2015
Three main areas:

1. battle mode/PvP
2. mini game mode (any games they expose for online use for replayability)
3. Story Mode itself

A win for me in #5 is ANY ONE of these areas. That's how low my expectations are right now after being denied this capability two games straight.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:05:32 26/01/2015 by GhostRoaster
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#13 Posted: 02:11:23 26/01/2015
i would like to see story mode online. The more players the harder it is, a scaling thing. most mini games can go mulitplayer as well but i think i may know why it was not in this game. The villains. With so many playable villains they had to design them, animate them for being controlled, give them abilities and everything. Its like designing 40+ more characters. That alot of time that can be spent on other things like a mulitplayer. I like to concept but seeing what it takes away from i would say it might not be worth it.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#14 Posted: 02:14:00 26/01/2015
Mini Games/Battle Mode. I think online co-op would make the story mode terrible in case internet connection is bad.
#15 Posted: 02:53:29 26/01/2015
Quote: spyrocrash
Mini Games/Battle Mode. I think online co-op would make the story mode terrible in case internet connection is bad.

It's also problematic in that you wouldn't know where the other player may be. In my mind, the game itself would have to evolve to include it (more open world), which considering their abstinence for change will probably not happen. I've also seen games that have drop in/drop out so that's the technical answer to your question, but the applicability of online to story mode seems a bit weak without more refinement.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:54:55 26/01/2015 by GhostRoaster
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#16 Posted: 06:24:46 26/01/2015
Quote: SkyScratch
I would like online story co-op, pvp, and mini-games

This!!!
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#17 Posted: 14:27:43 26/01/2015
I would like pvp in closed arenas as well as on open chapters,allowing therefore a "serach and fight" kind of play.the pvp mode should.be featured as a separate mode as well as an extra feature of the story mode, allowing the player to invade other players when they ae going through the story.co-op should also be implemented being a le to leave a summon sign so other plYers can summon you to get help to beat a chapter or an online invader. A third person shoofer camera and a big opwn world would.be very welcome for online play.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#18 Posted: 19:21:47 26/01/2015
I don't see it being story mode , it would be cool if it was but I think the game isnt really designed for it. switching skylanders seems too finicky to me, each one would have to load and reappear constantly over the Internet and I could easily imagine some lag or something. And people would probly be dropping out mid level all the time.

I think 4 player battles or 1v1 knockout tournaments to get to the finals would be the best use of online and a better gimic to sell.

but also in swap force pvp bsttles, unique attack effects didn't work on other skylanders. E.g. Slam bam couldn't freeze someone. Which kinda dulls down characters that rely on abilities, and favours characters that rely on pure power, making it less interesting. It'll take a lot of work to get online battles relatively balanced.

Naw. Ever play Disney Infinity? When you take a character off the portal, they remain 'playable' for a set time as a 'wireframe' while the new character loads. Trap Team isn't so 'intense' that they couldn't implement something super similar, during the load of putting a new character on, instead of going through the flashes and bangs, the character could just load. The tech and hardware is fine for it, it would just be a matter of gameplanning and implementation.

As for how I think it should work? Pretty simple really. Like how multi-player works NOW. Maybe setup some kind of 'search', for certain levels/areas.

Now the game that I think got it 'right'? Sunset Overdrive. Use their multi-player as a skeleton idea. It is open world so its a little different in format, but the principle is taking existing areas and making 'missions' completely separate from the 'storyline' implementation. Sometimes its a 'kill all', sometimes its a 'defend', imagine taking an arena challenge and mapping it over a large area instead of a small circle. The missions the group picks and their success 'points' build towards a final mission that is frankly - on a different scale than anything else in the game, where the difficulty is ramped up based on the points accrued - which of course raise the % chance of getting a better reward.

So a team of '4' 'Landers will choose an 'area' (level) and move through it completing certain task - similar to arena challenges (that they vote on for difficulty and bonuses for last challenge), then at the end of the level, they fight a large horde of bad guys/bosses in a 'defend' style mission. Success rewards with a # of presents based on points - presents similar to what you get now for Portal Master Rank Ups, with hats and legendaries being thrown in along with trinkets, money, and instant levels. The presents would balance out the time investment for going through maybe Swap Force level length run before the last fight. Other notes:
Element Gates would be LOCKED;
Changing characters would deduct from your 'point multiplier' to lower the advantage of simply having a large collection. Character deaths would take away points, so you aren't punished for changing characters, but you aren't rewarded for it;
Communication can be set to ONLY work with friends if parent's so choose;
- Unreall
tvih Green Sparx Gems: 425
#19 Posted: 20:31:58 26/01/2015
Basically I'd want an online mode for all the things you can already do with two players by playing on the same console (and a return of PVP arenas). Even switching Skylanders with the portal etc would work fine for each player, that wouldn't be a problem any more than it is when you play on the same console.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#20 Posted: 21:01:36 26/01/2015
I haven't read through the entire rest of the thread, so I apologize if this has been said before, but I think online in a future Skylanders (hopefully 5, but only time will tell) should work just like someone is sitting next to me on the couch. There shouldn't be any different bells & whistles, they should just do everything that they've done with local multiplayer (all modes, game types, etc.) but have it set up so that you can connect via your console's network of choice. The one additional thing I would add (and I'm sure this would be covered by the appropriate online service's SDK) would be to allow voice chat to be enabled like nearly all online multiplayer games offer via their respective services (Xbox Live, PSN, etc.). If they can manage this, I'd be more than satisfied.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#21 Posted: 21:48:58 26/01/2015
Quote: Unreallystic

Naw. Ever play Disney Infinity? When you take a character off the portal, they remain 'playable' for a set time as a 'wireframe' while the new character loads. Trap Team isn't so 'intense' that they couldn't implement something super similar, during the load of putting a new character on, instead of going through the flashes and bangs, the character could just load. The tech and hardware is fine for it, it would just be a matter of gameplanning and implementation.

- Unreall

I still think there would a little annoying issue though. It's not a super big deal or anything. Even though skylanders isn't massiveley intense combat, it's still a decent step up from Disney infinite battles.
Even if the character are available during switching, your mainly focused on finding the New character to put on the portal. I just think in a combat situation, when your online partner switches out you'd Kind of be left in the lurch for a few seconds, possibly more if they can't find their character, they'd just have to disappear. Or worse , Pause your screen too. If skylanders was more open world like Disney infinite it would probably be fine, coz your team mate would be more like a seperate entity, you wouldnt have to both share the same screen/view. But how skylanders are structured at the moment, I just don't think it'd run super well.

It'd probably help if they got rid of the character loading screen So charscter switched in and out faster without losing track of the battle? Same as using a magic item , they'd have to get rid of the loading clip or they'd pause 1 or both player which would be a little annoyingly. The designers really do like their loading clips though as it signifies the " toy into game magic ".

Everything depends on how much they are willing to change the game style to advance gameplay I guess.
---
hoardergamer Green Sparx Gems: 426
#22 Posted: 21:58:37 26/01/2015
As someone who somewhat understands game development I will be shocked if campaign mode is not online. That is the largest piece of content and i will actually be upset if skystones...whatever is not online because it's on the 3ds and they could make it into hearthstone for kids, quite easily. I've always felt that skylanders is diablo for kids. They would be missing an opportunity. Now from a development standpoint, pvp would be more difficult because of latency and balancing. I definitely want a full suite of online features, but I think this will be quite challenging.
#23 Posted: 22:16:21 26/01/2015
After being disappointed for multiple entries, my expectations are low...but not having any online or more content are barriers to my next purchase--for sure.
---
MilesProwerStar Green Sparx Gems: 315
#24 Posted: 23:20:07 26/01/2015
Well I would like if at least a player vs player mode would be able to be played online.

However, what I would really like the most would be to have every possible mode to be played online, such as the story mode, arenas and player vs player, it would be an amazing experience if done well, a good thing to handle it could also be to be able to find a way to communicate between players, especially when it's about co-op modes.
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#25 Posted: 00:22:21 27/01/2015
I would like it to not work! (I really dislike almost all aspects of online gameplay) but they could bring back the online leaderboards for things like the Time Attack and Score Modes like there was in Swap Force.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:09:54 30/01/2015 by Kiroq
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#26 Posted: 22:44:56 28/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
Three main areas:

1. battle mode/PvP
2. mini game mode (any games they expose for online use for replayability)
3. Story Mode itself

A win for me in #5 is ANY ONE of these areas. That's how low my expectations are right now after being denied this capability two games straight.

The online story mode sounds like it could work. Me and a few other were hoping that the playstation share play would allow online coop but it seems that activision is blocking some of their games with the share play.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#27 Posted: 23:03:15 28/01/2015
They need to make skystones a little more complex and also make it online. If the 3DS version can do so can the console versions.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:03:40 28/01/2015 by mantez
#28 Posted: 00:22:03 29/01/2015
^Agreed. My assumption or hypothesis right now is that was an online testbed of sorts.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#29 Posted: 00:44:50 29/01/2015
2vs2 online,a option for a second player locally join you
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
ppmdoesskylands Green Sparx Gems: 258
#30 Posted: 21:00:26 28/02/2015

they could probably put a receiver/transmitter in the skylanders and make it a thing where the skylanders evolved and can activate from wherever or something... I don't know. smilie
---
No Pie, No Glory!
Read my story! The Drow Mage
anyone else think gold is stupid?
#31 Posted: 22:11:47 28/02/2015
Quote: Kiroq
I would like it to not work! (I really dislike almost all aspects of online gameplay) but they could bring back the online leaderboards for things like the Time Attack and Score Modes like there was in Swap Force.

Time attack and score attack were just very cheap ways of acting like they had extra content but making you play through story levels over and over again for a slightly different reason is definitely not what we want to encourage.

They'd need to have leader boards for something that was actually good. Online verse battles is the best and most entertaining thing for that.
---
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#32 Posted: 22:19:39 28/02/2015
I really hope there is no online play- it just gets used as a lazy way of adding "gameplay" that is almost always completely rubbish.
Id rather they spent all the time they would use on multiplayer to fix every bug on the game and release something that's works...
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#33 Posted: 22:51:59 28/02/2015
It's not rubbish if it's done right. And they won't fix bugs if Acti(and Beenox, I think?) doesn't QA properly, which seems to be the case for the issues with SF and TT.
I think online play shouldn't force people to team up in any way since this is no MMO for that to be the focus, but online PVP would really help the fandom grow and maybe some sort of online hub wouldn't be bad either. If they really need to focus on it more,though, then maybe multiplayer-able quests like the Villain Quests and Heroic Challenges, or challenging arenas where you can compete for points or something.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:53:01 28/02/2015 by Bifrost
#34 Posted: 22:55:20 28/02/2015
Quote: Bifrost
It's not rubbish if it's done right. And they won't fix bugs if Acti(and Beenox, I think?) doesn't QA properly, which seems to be the case for the issues with SF and TT.
I think online play shouldn't force people to team up in any way since this is no MMO for that to be the focus, but online PVP would really help the fandom grow and maybe some sort of online hub wouldn't be bad either. If they really need to focus on it more,though, then maybe multiplayer-able quests like the Villain Quests and Heroic Challenges, or challenging arenas where you can compete for points or something.

Agree.

I'm not a fan of multiplayer games, but a series like Skylanders would objectively benefit from an online component.

I would be more than happy to fight agains (or along) a lot of the users here. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#35 Posted: 00:32:30 01/03/2015
I'm not a big FPS online guy, but they can really open up some opportunities if some of the aspects, done tastefully, had online components. PvP arena battles is a no brainer area in my opinion--and really doesn't require much. Imagine if elementals could combine their weaponry to create unique effects to down a powerful villain? That took me less than 10 seconds to dream up, imagine if they actually put their mind to it.
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#36 Posted: 00:41:02 01/03/2015
They could always take it to the next level - let's go full Monster Hunter and have secret villains that need a team(co-op or online) to be beaten. Giant villains,around Malefor's size so that four players is kind of the smart way of facing it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#37 Posted: 08:09:16 01/03/2015
Quote: Bifrost
They could always take it to the next level - let's go full Monster Hunter and have secret villains that need a team(co-op or online) to be beaten. Giant villains,around Malefor's size so that four players is kind of the smart way of facing it.

Interesting idea, but only if they could also be defeated in single player mode (with a bit more difficulty, of course).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#38 Posted: 10:54:11 01/03/2015
I thought I wasn't an online gamer until I tried Dark Souls 2. In my opinion online gameplay makes a game feel "alive", every time you connect you are gonna different users, different battles, etc. I think it would be a great feature for the next skylanders, which would provide a lot of replay value.

I don't think skylanders franchise faces more difficulties than other games when implementing online gameplay, I mean, the stuff about switching skylanders that's pretty simple to solve, and the arean of TT already provided an answer for that: you'll only be able to select one skylander and if you accidentally take off the portal your figure the online gameplay will not be able to continue. That or, the server having recorded versions of all skylanders on all their different levels.

I would love the online mode to have a pvp mode as well as a co op one. The pvp could be sort of DOTA 2, fighting one another along large areas (chapter's areas for instance), or simply a pvp in an arena. The co op could be implemented throught the story mode in order to get sone help when going on the main storyline. Additionally it would be cool if another player could "invade" your story mode while going throught a chapter just the way Dark Souls 2 works.
---
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#39 Posted: 11:33:04 01/03/2015
As been said I just want online story co-op and PVP. Maybe you can make settings like friendly fire but just give us an Online co-op story.
#40 Posted: 12:32:43 01/03/2015
Quote: angelg
I thought I wasn't an online gamer until I tried Dark Souls 2. In my opinion online gameplay makes a game feel "alive", every time you connect you are gonna different users, different battles, etc. I think it would be a great feature for the next skylanders, which would provide a lot of replay value.

I don't think skylanders franchise faces more difficulties than other games when implementing online gameplay, I mean, the stuff about switching skylanders that's pretty simple to solve, and the arean of TT already provided an answer for that: you'll only be able to select one skylander and if you accidentally take off the portal your figure the online gameplay will not be able to continue. That or, the server having recorded versions of all skylanders on all their different levels.

I would love the online mode to have a pvp mode as well as a co op one. The pvp could be sort of DOTA 2, fighting one another along large areas (chapter's areas for instance), or simply a pvp in an arena. The co op could be implemented throught the story mode in order to get sone help when going on the main storyline. Additionally it would be cool if another player could "invade" your story mode while going throught a chapter just the way Dark Souls 2 works.

Perfect example, with Dark Souls 2 (and 1).

It fits the lore, it's fun and is well thought.

Skylanders already has the concept of multiple Portal Masters existing in the world, so tha lore problem doesn't exsist.
As for PvP, they could simply make it work like the Arenas or the already existent PvP do; if you remove the toy, the game will stop. And maybe, to discourage you to do so, it could automatically declare your challenger the winner, after a short countdown.

Coop wouldn't be that different; a short period of time with the toy off your Portal and BOOM, you are disconnected. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:34:41 01/03/2015 by Drek95
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#41 Posted: 13:16:35 01/03/2015
One of the downsides I see with online play is that it would make the lack of character balance highly visible. That lack of balance isn't very noticeable when it's just you and your family, or when it is seen, not really a big deal. There would need to be much more time spent on balance to make it work well in my opinion.

If they made online story mode, who's game would it be saved to? When considering the collectibles, it would definitely be a downside to have all your collectibles on a level taken by some stranger you were playing with. Perhaps online mode would have all the collectibles removed, saving those for offline mode.

I don't know that I'd really care that much for online features if they game stays as it is, as it has been since the beginning. If they introduce 4 player mode, make it more of a open world (but still 3rd person) then I think I'd get more out of it. I also wouldn't mind spin off games, like a shooter, using a smaller subset of figures for better balance, and ran with those in addition to the main game.
#42 Posted: 14:08:22 01/03/2015
Quote: melvimbe
One of the downsides I see with online play is that it would make the lack of character balance highly visible. That lack of balance isn't very noticeable when it's just you and your family, or when it is seen, not really a big deal. There would need to be much more time spent on balance to make it work well in my opinion.

If they made online story mode, who's game would it be saved to? When considering the collectibles, it would definitely be a downside to have all your collectibles on a level taken by some stranger you were playing with. Perhaps online mode would have all the collectibles removed, saving those for offline mode.

I don't know that I'd really care that much for online features if they game stays as it is, as it has been since the beginning. If they introduce 4 player mode, make it more of a open world (but still 3rd person) then I think I'd get more out of it. I also wouldn't mind spin off games, like a shooter, using a smaller subset of figures for better balance, and ran with those in addition to the main game.

They could adjust the multiplayer by making it automatically search for challengers with a similar level.
You select a character (say a level 5 Gill Grunt), and the AI would search a similar player.

You could also disable this option, for more challenging battles.

I think collectibles would be counted only in the host's game.
Say I'm playing with you, in your Story Mode, then even if I would collect a Soul Gem/ Legendary Treasure/ Winged Sapphire, it would only count in your collection.

Coversely, experience and treasure would be transferred directly inside the toys. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#43 Posted: 14:43:40 01/03/2015

They can balance characters by pairing you only with gamers that have an skylander similar to your level. For instance if you have a skylander on 12th level you can only play (both pvp and co op) with skylanders which are on a 8-12 level margin. The servers can do that.

About the online gameplay on the storyline, there are two possible roles for a player:

1) You are playing throught the storyline and you want to get help to beat the chapter. You then summon two other players to help you. These players have been "brought" to your world, and whatever changes might happen will be recorded on your system not on theirs.

2) You want to help others. You tell the server you are available to be "taken" to other worlds to help. Once you are in another player's world whatever you do will be recorded on the "summoner" system not on yours, except for certain collectibles which you may take with you. Once you have finished helping you are brought back to your world, where anything has changed.
---
#44 Posted: 15:40:21 01/03/2015

Dont disagree with the balance equation. One cheap way to solve it is to only allow certain characters that have that balance into the online aspect...limits applications of online, but helps to solve it. Or- they can go back and address those balance aspects in more detail. Like I said, this has to be done TASTEFULLY, so as to not uncover known existing flaws. Fun problem to solve.
---
#45 Posted: 16:35:23 01/03/2015
Quote: angelg

They can balance characters by pairing you only with gamers that have an skylander similar to your level. For instance if you have a skylander on 12th level you can only play (both pvp and co op) with skylanders which are on a 8-12 level margin. The servers can do that.

About the online gameplay on the storyline, there are two possible roles for a player:

1) You are playing throught the storyline and you want to get help to beat the chapter. You then summon two other players to help you. These players have been "brought" to your world, and whatever changes might happen will be recorded on your system not on theirs.

2) You want to help others. You tell the server you are available to be "taken" to other worlds to help. Once you are in another player's world whatever you do will be recorded on the "summoner" system not on yours, except for certain collectibles which you may take with you. Once you have finished helping you are brought back to your world, where anything has changed.

Dark Souls comes to mind once again. smilie

You could have summoning areas, similar to the healing platforms in the Troll Rocket level, or simply begin a level with your friends from within the hub.

Either way, it would be a really interesting feature.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:10:41 01/03/2015 by Drek95
#46 Posted: 18:34:56 01/03/2015
Exactly, like Dark Souls 2. This game managed to implement online gameplay without sacrifying storyline.
---
#47 Posted: 22:34:43 01/03/2015
If online Vs battle mode was introduced , wouldn't that really increase people's want for reposes to get that extra attack? I think it will.

I haven't collected reposes or variants but my #1 worry was that I should be for this ONLY reason.

Obviously a little extra attack or stat boost doesn't mean much in story mode, but if they have a proper competitive skylanders verse mode it probably will mean an advantage.

Getting a verse mode just seems like money making gold to me as far as reposes are concerned.

Obviously stuff like eons elite would have scaled down power or only be able to compete in their own private Elite arena thing or something, but as far as the rest are concerned, they are kinda starting to look like good "investments" seeing as you can get old reposes for like $5 these days
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me