darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Why haven't they restocked the Kaos Trap???
Page 1 of 1
Why haven't they restocked the Kaos Trap???
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#1 Posted: 07:27:03 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Why haven't they restocked the Kaos Trap??? It has been out of stock or it is overpriced for ever now.
---
Team Hot Dog!
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#2 Posted: 08:45:23 22/01/2015
Cuz Activision and TFB are making a fortune by selling them on eBay under assumed identities.

That's why.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 08:54:28 22/01/2015
Activision, TfB and Amazon's employeers.

I highly doubt those three companies would agree with this politic.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#4 Posted: 10:01:07 22/01/2015
Quote: INTIMIDAT3R
Cuz Activision and TFB are making a fortune by selling them on eBay under assumed identities.

That's why.

i knew it, it was tfb all the way.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Kinson420 Blue Sparx Gems: 610
#5 Posted: 11:05:20 22/01/2015
Quote: Kevinvert
Why haven't they restocked the Kaos Trap??? It has been out of stock or it is overpriced for ever now.

So your telling us that the roughly 1500-2000 that made it to rwtailers and are currently listed by resellers weren't stock? Then what wwere they and why did they go through a stocking process?

Jesus people use some common sense
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#6 Posted: 13:37:53 22/01/2015
They show up in stores, the two I had were bought at Target.

I think the real issue at hand - apparently they package like one per trap *shipment* box, but if the trap inventory isn't 'cleared out', then they won't open new boxes and put them out.
- Unreall
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#7 Posted: 14:36:06 22/01/2015
GameStop.com sold three different bundles with it. They all sold out in less than half an hour.

They will definitely be restocked soon. I just hope that Activision actually makes stores sell only one per customer.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#8 Posted: 15:49:08 22/01/2015
Every box of W3 traps is going to have a couple of Kaos traps in it. Other than some promotional shipments a couple of months ago, the Kaos traps are not shipped separately by themselves, and none were included in the boxes of W1 and W2 traps. As far as I can tell, the problem is that W3 trap shipments have been a little delayed (I am still waiting on my shipments). When those start flowing more regularly, the Kaos traps should be a little easier to find. Kaos traps will also be in the boxes of W4 traps, so you will find one sooner or later.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#9 Posted: 16:32:29 22/01/2015
..Do you know the Wave 4 assortment of Traps already? Or is that a prediction?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#10 Posted: 16:50:28 22/01/2015
Those "all Kaos Trap" cases came out a long time before a couple months ago, GhostRoaster and I actually held one at TRU on release night for Trap Team. I passed since I was getting the Dark Starter, but they had them.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#11 Posted: 18:07:48 22/01/2015
If you check the Gamestop locator map (http://www.gamestop.com/browse...aspx?sku=105815), it seems that a lot of Kaos Traps made it out to the stores today. Of course there isn't any at the ones closest to me. T_T;;; I'm hoping it is some sort shipping delay to my area, but I can see at least a dozen further out than 55 miles away from me.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse...aspx?sku=105815

If someone does goes out and finds two traps, get one for me! smilie
---
Stay Cool!
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#12 Posted: 18:10:25 22/01/2015
The Kaos only assortments were for release day. Kaos was then included in trap assortments starting with W2.5. I saw several boxes of that wave a bit before Christmas and they did have 2 Kaos traps per case. Inventory is just not being replenished, right now. I'm sure stores doing inventory and other factors are a part of that. The other problem is that because of their popularity (and assumed rarity), there are those that are buying them up to re-sell. I wouldn't doubt that they will be everywhere, soon, as long as stores who have lots of water traps decide to do something with those to make room for new shipments.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#13 Posted: 18:47:09 22/01/2015
Quote: Matteomax
GameStop.com sold three different bundles with it. They all sold out in less than half an hour.

They will definitely be restocked soon. I just hope that Activision actually makes stores sell only one per customer.

Activision doesn't care how they are sold. Once the stores buy them, it's in the store's hands. It' not Activision's business to dictate store policy.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:47:31 22/01/2015 by GhostRoaster
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#14 Posted: 18:56:51 22/01/2015
As much as I want to get the regular Kaos Trap, I think I'll pass, because I already have the Ultimate Kaos Trap.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#15 Posted: 19:20:56 22/01/2015
A ton of GameStop stores in my area show them in stock today. I called my local one and they claim they did not get in any though. I mentioned it just showed up as available online today, but they claimed no stock. It sounded awfully a lot like a shady store covering it up...perhaps an employee selling on EBay.
#16 Posted: 19:48:22 22/01/2015
What you do is put one on website reserve and have them call you up for it. If they do have one then you'll be in luck tomorrow when they call you up/send an email to you.
---
Stay Cool!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:48:49 22/01/2015 by fairyland
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#17 Posted: 19:55:55 22/01/2015
Game Stop just released a bunch online only yesterday in 3 packs, which serves the purpose to clear out of extra traps they can't get rid of (which I suppose is smart).
#18 Posted: 20:12:35 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Even with the light and dark expansion packs. It seems that all the new and exciting new features are overpriced. I guess everyone wants them though. The same happens with the amiibos, certain figures are worth a ton more for some odd reason...
---
Team Hot Dog!
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#19 Posted: 20:35:37 22/01/2015
I just went to two nearby Game Stops that the website showed had low stock on it, but both told me someone had put it on hold so I couldn't buy it.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
#20 Posted: 20:46:26 22/01/2015

I was told by an Activision rep that Wave 4 boxes would have Kaos traps in them. They didn't tell me anything else that would be included in W4 boxes.
#21 Posted: 21:05:10 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: BP

I was told by an Activision rep that Wave 4 boxes would have Kaos traps in them. They didn't tell me anything else that would be included in W4 boxes.

well once W4 releases im picking up kaos quickly.
---
Team Hot Dog!
#22 Posted: 21:06:02 22/01/2015
Quote: fairyland
What you do is put one on website reserve and have them call you up for it. If they do have one then you'll be in luck tomorrow when they call you up/send an email to you.

No option to hold for store pickup...at least not for a Kaos trap. I've done store pickup with other items.
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#23 Posted: 21:26:38 22/01/2015
Quote: mastermc54

No option to hold for store pickup...at least not for a Kaos trap. I've done store pickup with other items.

Well the two Game Stops I just went by a little bit ago both had it right there but said it was on hold since this morning.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
#24 Posted: 22:04:37 22/01/2015

That information is dubious, since Activision hasn't released any information about unreleased waves.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#25 Posted: 22:49:43 22/01/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster

That information is dubious, since Activision hasn't released any information about unreleased waves.

Maybe he is wrong. However, what he told me specifically is that there would be a couple of Kaos traps per box in Wave 2.5, Wave 3, and Wave 4 trap boxes. This was before Wave 3 was out, and he knew enough to know there was a Wave 2.5 and that there would be a couple in Wave 3 boxes, which turned out to be right. I don't know why he would tell me that if he didn't know.
#26 Posted: 15:49:24 23/01/2015
Dang, I checked this morning and discovered one store about 20 miles away that just got one in. I called to reserve it and someone else last night found it on the site last night and reserved it. I guess these things are scanned into the database whenever they get around to it. I noted that when one sells it leaves the website pretty quickly as well.

So now only 2 stores from the 12 I saw last night has these in but chances are that if you see it in stock online, it's probably on hold for someone, so you should call up to have them hold it for you. It seems that all the stores got just one in...why? Who the heck knows? smilie;;;
---
Stay Cool!
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#27 Posted: 16:27:49 23/01/2015
Check Targets and Best Buys. They received kaos traps too.
---
#28 Posted: 17:56:33 23/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: crstofer
Check Targets and Best Buys. They received kaos traps too.

It doesnt even look like those stores sell the kaos trap. its nowhere on the site.
---
Team Hot Dog!
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#29 Posted: 18:14:56 23/01/2015
In store, I found them at target this morning.. Plus others being hidden thru out the electronics section..lol
---
#30 Posted: 20:17:59 23/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: crstofer
In store, I found them at target this morning.. Plus others being hidden thru out the electronics section..lol

oh. haha
---
Team Hot Dog!
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#31 Posted: 01:01:18 27/01/2015
My guess is that they just ship much fewer because they figure that people need way more traps of every other element to capture all the villains, but only 1 Kaos trap. So for every 40 traps of other elements, they probably only ship 1 Kaos trap. That would make complete sense on the assumption that people are only buying what they actually need to complete their collections. What actually happens is that scalpers see only a few Kaos traps on the shelf, and buy them all. So in theory there are probably enough Kaos traps for everyone, but 50% of them are still sitting in the hands of people who are slowly reselling them for $50 a pop or whatever.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:01:47 27/01/2015 by Friendzie
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#32 Posted: 01:02:57 27/01/2015
Quote: INTIMIDAT3R

That's why.

lol but the kaos trap should be restocked i still dont have it...smilie
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#33 Posted: 01:16:22 27/01/2015
Quote: Friendzie
My guess is that they just ship much fewer because they figure that people need way more traps of every other element to capture all the villains, but only 1 Kaos trap. So for every 40 traps of other elements, they probably only ship 1 Kaos trap. That would make complete sense on the assumption that people are only buying what they actually need to complete their collections. What actually happens is that scalpers see only a few Kaos traps on the shelf, and buy them all. So in theory there are probably enough Kaos traps for everyone, but 50% of them are still sitting in the hands of people who are slowly reselling them for $50 a pop or whatever.

People at Activision are baffled that they sold 3-4 times as many Kaos traps than they did Trap Team starter packs. They've flooded the market with the darn thing to accommodate everybody who owns a game and portal several times over. It's a great experiment in the scalper effect! This is all just my theory of course, but how funny would it be if true???
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#34 Posted: 02:57:36 27/01/2015
Quote: obidawsn
The Kaos only assortments were for release day. Kaos was then included in trap assortments starting with W2.5. I saw several boxes of that wave a bit before Christmas and they did have 2 Kaos traps per case. Inventory is just not being replenished, right now. I'm sure stores doing inventory and other factors are a part of that. The other problem is that because of their popularity (and assumed rarity), there are those that are buying them up to re-sell. I wouldn't doubt that they will be everywhere, soon, as long as stores who have lots of water traps decide to do something with those to make room for new shipments.

Agreed. My local Walmart and Target have nothing other than the myriads of water traps. I've literally been seeing nothing other than that. They need to do something about that, and get more variety in.
---
Purple dragon.
joeiscool Yellow Sparx Gems: 1873
#35 Posted: 04:51:35 27/01/2015
I've found it in stores a couple times. I had the dark starter though so I didn't need it.
---
-joeiscool
#36 Posted: 21:33:22 28/01/2015
Just wanted to say that I found and bought a pair of Kaos Traps at that New Hartford NY Target today. I think they had wave three traps too, but I cannot tell as I don't really collect them all to know the differences.

So you may want to give your local Target a looksie today as you never know if they'll have one or not. I don't think the other stores will have any though. I made the rounds today and it was the same exact stock I've seen in the same exact places for the last three weeks now. It is January after all, stores don't really restock that much after Christmas, so it's expected.
---
Stay Cool!
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#37 Posted: 03:06:43 29/01/2015
Just wanted to say that I found and bought a pair of Kaos Traps at that New Hartford NY Target today. I think they had wave three traps too, but I cannot tell as I don't really collect them all to know the differences.

So you may want to give your local Target a looksie today as you never know if they'll have one or not. I don't think the other stores will have any though. I made the rounds today and it was the same exact stock I've seen in the same exact places for the last three weeks now. It is January after all, stores don't really restock that much after Christmas, so it's expected.

Went to my local Target today, yet again, zilch except for water traps... my Target still seems to be stuck on Wave 1/2 stock. I have not seen anything from Wave 3 there yet. :/
---
Purple dragon.
Eruptor100 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1446
#38 Posted: 05:30:37 29/01/2015
Its getit u can!

I got it alongside the undead trap "grim gripper"
---
Stick em up!
Credit to big green
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#39 Posted: 02:09:02 30/01/2015
They restock 1 or 2 per case, so yeah, it is a bit hard.
I found mine like 2 months ago. I now have both traps.
Target should have it.
LightStarStrike Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#40 Posted: 04:17:18 30/01/2015
I got mine on Amazon yesterday. It was a race against glitches and scalpers, I couldn't order through the app or mobile site.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#41 Posted: 05:13:02 30/01/2015
I believe the reason they are limiting the Kaos trap is so that you break down and buy the Dark (Kaos). So they don't have extra inventory like they did for TT. By wave 4 or 5 you will see more regular Kaos out.
#42 Posted: 11:06:09 30/01/2015
Quote: dinoah2005
I believe the reason they are limiting the Kaos trap is so that you break down and buy the Dark (Kaos). So they don't have extra inventory like they did for TT. By wave 4 or 5 you will see more regular Kaos out.

They have no incentive to do this, the Dark Starters were sold long ago.
---
#43 Posted: 12:00:17 30/01/2015
My Gamestop has at least three dark sets left as of Monday. So they are still around. I was tempted to buy one for weeks but I'm glad I held off. I still have my doubts that they'll flood the market with kaos traps but then again Easter is a new heavy toy buying season so it could be one last major push release for the traps. Surely after that Trap Team restocks will be over with and you're out of luck if you don't have one by then.
---
Stay Cool!
#44 Posted: 13:24:09 30/01/2015
^Right but as a general strategy? I get some places might have a starter or two, but to globally prevent shipping of one item because 10% of the stores still have a Dark Starter in it doesn't sound right. I would argue they want folks to enjoy the game with the other villains, because at my house they rarely get to be used now that Kaos is in the roster. That and "have something they all still need" and "Keep Trap Team in people's minds" sounds even more likely.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:24:57 30/01/2015 by GhostRoaster
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#45 Posted: 22:56:56 30/01/2015
Actually, Wave 4 will be out in Europe by end of February. I heard on this site, for US, wave 4 will be out in March.
Hopefully.
According to myskylanders.de, High Five & Bat Spin will also come in the wave, like the Kaos trap as well. The previous mentioned Skylanders are still part of wave 3, but are delayed. So we're not as bad as AUS/NZ (who are lacking MoM & wave 2 cores), but we're pretty much close with lack of Wave 3 in many stores. I find more at Target & Best Buy (Trail Blazer & Cobra Cadabra), as well as GameStop (previous mentioned figures with an occasional appearance of one, or more, Trap Master).
Amiibo got some new ones today, and DI 2.0 will get some on 2/3.
So, I am wondering, has Activision dropped the ball on TT? It seems so, because I think this game has been the most disorganized of the four. AUS/NZ should have had Wave 2 cores & MoM already, along with US with Bat Spin & High Five. True, Amiibo has some figures that were discontinued right off the bat as soon as they were sold out, but to me that seems just bad business.
Even some of the DI 1.0 figures are hard to find
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me