Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > The Legend of Coalata: Land of Darkness (Private)
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The Legend of Coalata: Land of Darkness (Private) [CLOSED]
Coalata Green Sparx Gems: 469
#1 Posted: 10:06:29 20/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Okay, so this will be an AU from my normal story, The Legend of Coalata: Rule of Green Terror. The plot will mostly be the same, but different at the same time. Well different-ish I suppose? Depending on what you guys think.

Plot: An evil dragon by the name of Xicor, has made an army out of apes, cats, dogs, wolves, and many other creatures. Even a few other dragons as well. The dark purple-and-green colored dragon wishes to take over the world, and turn it into nothing but darkness and evil. Under his command.

And he has done it. Many dragons have lost their lives because of him. Spyro included. Cynder has been captured as well as her two children, Spyder and Coalata (who is still inside her egg at the start of the RP). The evil dragon chains Cynder up, having his own plans for her. The apes take her son away to do who knows what to him. Using her Wind element, she gently blows her egg out the window of the cell she was placed in, far from the evil place. She didn't want anything to happen to the egg that had happened to her. She failed to save Spyro and Spyder after all, she was not going to fail her un-born baby.

Coalata's egg gently lands in a forest, far from the evil land that her mother and brother are at. A family of dragons find her, and raise her like one of their own. However, trouble strikes, and the tiny dragoness much set off on her journey to save everyone from the evil Xicor and make things right again.

So, come and join her on an adventure of life, death, love, and much more!

Rules: 1. No Godmod.

2. No powerplay.

3. No killing another person's character unless they give you the A-Okay to do so.

4. Swearing is allowed.

5. You can have as many characters as you want.

6. Blood, gore, things like that, are allowed.

7. No adult-rated stuff, like rape or anything like that.

8. Have fun.

Heroes:

Coalata

Sprints

Cinder

Granite

Cynder

Colden

Thor

Freezbie

Fang

Suna

Sting

Villains:

Xicor

Spyder

Astraea

Others:

Hurricane (as I'm not sure he Hurricane is going to be come a good dragon or bad. Characters that we're unsure of, or not on a side, will go here.)

Now for making our characters for the RP.

Make your dragons like this:

Name:

Elements:

Personality:

History:

Other Info:

Picture:

Apes, wolves, and other things that aren't dragons:

Name:

Animal: (Ape, Wolf, Tiger, and so on)

Weapons:

Personality:

History:

Other Info:

Picture:

My characters.

Name: Coalata

Elements: Ice, Electricity, Poison, Light

Personality: Coalata is a rather quiet young dragoness. She's also timid due to being bullied for being the daughter of Cynder, and looking like the former 'monster' of Malefor. Because of this, she is a wary of new dragons that her and Sprints come across on their journey, in fear that they might beat up on her and hurt her. However, once she does trust you, then she'll be your friend and protect you with her life.

History: She was born to a family of Lightning Dragons, and she thought she was one as well. One of the first four elements she learned was Lightning because of this. However, things turned to chaos when the apes attacked her 'family', looking for the dragon that was suppose to defeat their master. She fled, along with dragonfly Sprints (having been told to do so by her foster mother). The two of them got to the Land of Ice, where she learned Ice, thanks to the help of the Ice Dragon guardian there. After that, she headed off in search of the other elements she needed in order to defeat the evil dragon and save everyone.

Other Info: She's the younger sister to Spyder, and daughter of Spyro and Cynder. She has a dragonfly friend named Sprints. He's like Sparx was in the Classic Spyro games. So, if she got hit, he would charge color from blue, to green, to red, then be gone.

Picture: Profile pic.

Name: Spyder

Elements: Fire, Earth, Wind, and Fear

Personality: To start out, Spyder is a very loving and caring young dragon. He helps his mother and father out with watching over Coalata's egg when they can't. He also helps out the Guardians as well. He's learning to master his elements, staring with fire, being taught by the new Fire Guardian, Flame. However, this changes when he is corrupted by Xicor. When he is, he is like the evil dragon. Cruel, heartless, cold, and a killer, striking down all who a pose his master.

History: Spyder was born in the Dragon Temple, as it was rebuilt after the war, and the dragons who lived there went back to it, as it was their true home. He grew up living a normal live for the first two years. Once his mother had another egg, he began helping her and Spyro watch over the egg until it hatched. Trouble stunk before it could, and he watched as his father was killed. Himself, Cynder, and the egg was captured by apes, taken to Xicor's lair. There, he was dragged away from his mother and baby brother/sister. The apes took him and did some experiments on him, before taking him to Xicor. The dark purple-and-green dragon used his powers to turn the smaller dragon evil, and helped him further rule over the land, taking over more and more, until the world was ruled by the two. Only a few small places were still safe from the two of them, but that wouldn't be for long.

Other Info: He's the oldest kid of Spyro and Cynder, and older brother to Coalata. Two years older than her.

Picture: [User Posted Image]

Name: Xicor

Elements: Shadow, Poison, Fear, Fire

Personality: Xicor is a cruel dragon. Cruel, heartless, and a killer. He will kill without a second thought if he sees you as a useless being that he no longer needs to 'keep around'. He sees all dragons, and other creatures below him as his toys, pets, and slaves. The only dragon he sees as a 'friend', is a dragoness named Malica, and he will not harm her, and only her. He believes that he is the 'most powerful' dragon on the planet, and believes that no one can defeat him, and return the world as it once was.

History: Growing up, he heard tales about his uncle from his mother and father. They had hoped by telling him what his uncle had done, would make sure that he didn't follow the same path as he did. However, that was not the case. It enraged Xicor that his uncle never got to rule the world because of Spyro and Cynder. During his teen years, he began building an army to take over the world like his uncle had wanted it. Years later, after getting a bit enough army, he led an attack, and took over easily with his large, and well-trained army.

Other Info: He is the nephew of Malefor. He took Spyder under his wing, training him to be a killer like himself, adding to the chances of him never being beaten. Or so he believes.

Picture: [User Posted Image] Only adult-sized. And with horns. I forgot to add them when I was making the picture.

I'll add more characters once I think of them. For now, that's all. Random OCs will appear here and there, after all to help move the story/RP along of course. Anyway, enjoy!
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 07:15:16 21/01/2015 by Coalata
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#2 Posted: 15:11:58 20/01/2015
(And for those who are looking at this, me and Coalata have started this RP as a way of figuring of Coalata's story. We will also be making (hopefully) a open version of this for everyone. I may have more to say, but as of this moment, im in school right now, soo ive limited time.)

Name: Granite
Element: earth
Personality: Granite is friendly, responsible, and protective of Cinder. Speaking of his sister, Granite isn't very brave unless Cinder is involved, but he can act childish from time to time.
History: N/A
Other info: Cinder is his sister
Picture/Appearance: Granite looks like a normal earth dragon, with forest green scales, a brown belly, wing membranes, eyes, horns and crest. His horns and crest look like Spyro's, and his tail tip is that of a club.

Name: Cinder
Element: fire
Personality: Cinder is very friendly, and can make friends easily. She is very curious and likes to meet new people and see new places.
Other info: Granite is her brother.
Picture/Appearance: Cinder looks look Cynder but with orange scales.

(I will be bringing in more OC's later.)
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
#3 Posted: 17:42:04 20/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(I thought 12 years was still a hatchling? Since I heard that ten dragon years, is one human years. But, ah well.

Your characters are approved.)
#4 Posted: 21:49:53 20/01/2015
(my characters are 12 years in human years, so they aren't too much younger than ANB Spyro.)
---
#5 Posted: 22:04:52 20/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Ah. I see. People said that Spyro was 12 in human years in the New Beginning. Makes sense.)
#6 Posted: 22:06:38 20/01/2015
(Say, will you be bringing in any more OC's later on?)
---
#7 Posted: 22:23:59 20/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Possibly yes to move the RP on along with learning the elements. I may even switch to Xicor's side, and do a bit of what's going on over there, while our heroes are on their quest.

I may make a few dragons to join on the quest on taking down Xicor. I know I'm going to have Colden, an ice blue-and-white dragon join up with Coalata in the others after she learns Ice there. Maybe an ape as well, that started out evil, then turned good. Who knows.

And maybe some of the other two teachers of the last two elements as well. I've already gotten the Lightning Dragon and Ice Dragon element teachers planned out.

The Lightning Dragon will be Thor, the golden dragon from the first Spyro game.

The Ice Dragon will be Freezbie. He is Colden's uncle. Freezbie is a large blue-and-white dragon with holes in his light blue wings due to many years of training and fighting.

As for Poison and Light.. I'm not sure yet.

I also might add some hunters into the RP as well to cause some trouble for not only our heroes, but villains as well, since the hunters will be dragon ones. We'll see though.)
#8 Posted: 22:27:37 20/01/2015
(I have a poison dragon that could work as a teacher, and a light dragoness too, Fang, and Suna.)
---
#9 Posted: 22:35:47 20/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(That'll work out just fine then.)
#10 Posted: 00:29:37 21/01/2015
(hmm, should I make character sheets for Suna and Fang?, since they shouldn't have too much of a purpose other than the training.)

Name: Hurricane
Elements: water, wind
Personality: he is rather unsocial, and prefers being alone. However, he has no problems traveling with others to fulfill his own goals.
Other Info: he is looking for an object of great value, but doesn't know where it is, or what it looks like.
Picture/Appearance: Hurricane has aqua-blue scales with a gray belly, wing membranes, crest, and horns. His eyes are green, and his tail tip looks like a fish tail.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:49:28 10/08/2015 by theuone
#11 Posted: 00:46:41 21/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(If you'd like to, you can.

Approved by the way.)
Fryno Forever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#12 Posted: 02:27:01 21/01/2015
(May I please be invited to this Private RP?)
---
Back and Better Than Ever!
#13 Posted: 03:38:54 21/01/2015
(Sorry, Fryno, but I think this just between me and Coalata, we're trying to RP out Coalata's upcoming story, which this is from. However, I think Coalata will be opening a RP of this but for everyone.)
---
Fryno Forever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#14 Posted: 03:49:51 21/01/2015
(Okay.)
---
Back and Better Than Ever!
#15 Posted: 04:19:42 21/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Yes. I'm working on the open to all one right now. So no worries! smilie.)
#16 Posted: 06:49:36 21/01/2015
(Okay, I know yet another friend to add, about time for his first RP appearance.)

Name: Sting
Element: poison/venom/ (whatever you want to call it. )
Personality: Sting is very friendly, and likes to help people. He takes the concept of debts very seriously. He can be very curious too, sometimes getting his snout into dangerous situations. He can be rather touchy on the subject of his past.
History: Sting used to be a disrespectful and uncaring dragon, until one day, he and his mother were fighting. The fighting had attracted the attention of apes, and before the apes killed her, she had Sting promise to help those in need, of which he did.
Other info: Sting has a thing about the concept of debts.
Picture/Appearance: he has bright green scales with slightly darker wing membranes. His horns are slightly curved back, his eyes are green, and his tail tip looks like an arrowhead.
---
#17 Posted: 07:03:58 21/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Approved.)

Name: Astraea

Elements: Darkness, Shadow, Poison, Fear

Personality: Astraea is a sneaky and tricky dragoness. She uses her elements well in order to defeat the enemy. Fear, to scary her enemies, Darkness and Shadow for nightmares and evil things, and finally Poison, to slowly kill them. She'll also use her long horns, claws, and tail-blade to murder as well. Because of this, she had be nicknamed "The Black Death".

History: She is apart of Xicor's army and his mate. She's also second in commander of the large army, helping him rule over the land. Not much is known about her past, as she does not speak of it to anyone, keeping it to herself.

Other Info: She sounds a bit like Maleficent.

Picture: [User Posted Image]
#18 Posted: 07:10:01 21/01/2015
(She's interesting, though some may consider darkness and shadow to be the same (just saying). Is Hurricane a part of the team?)
---
#19 Posted: 07:12:22 21/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(True.. If people do, I can always change it up. Yep, he's apart as well.

Whenever you're ready, we can begin.)
#20 Posted: 12:15:02 21/01/2015
(Yeah, I can understand Hurricane being an 'other', he's going to come off to the group as a rogue, someone who'd say "I'm not in your group, we're just going in the same direction", hmm, maybe he should say that sometime. I'll let you begin since this is your story.)
---
#21 Posted: 06:02:13 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Right. I see him joining the group fully later on, though. Warming up to them as their journey goes on, becoming friends with them, like a family even.

Before we begin, I have a question. Do you wish to make this a few hours after she's born so that way we can move the story on a bit more, or still have her in an egg and someone find her? I'm fine with either way, but I'd like to know what you think would be best.)
#22 Posted: 06:09:50 22/01/2015
(Hmm, yeah, I could see this starting with both actually. It could start with Cynder helping her egg, and then a time-skip to being found, and again with the soon after.)
---
#23 Posted: 06:26:46 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Alright, we'll do that then. Thank you. smilie.)

It was a peaceful day in the Dragon Kingdom. Spyro was pacing back and forth as he son, Spyder, born about two years ago, sat a little ways off, watching his father. The older purple dragon was starting to worry him with all that walking around. His mother was fine when she had him, why would having another egg be any harder than it was before?

"Dad, calm down," the purple dragon said to the other. "Mom's going to be okay. And so will the egg."

The large male looked at his son and chuckled slightly. "I suppose you're right."

Spyder nodded. A few moments later, Cynder called the two of them in, and both purple dragons made their way inside the room. The black dragoness laid on her side, her head up, looking down at a small egg curled around her long tail, close to her red stomach. She looked up with her mate and son came in.

"Are you okay?" Spyro asked, nuzzling his mate.

The black dragoness nodded her head. "Yes, I'm fine. Spyder, come and see your little brother or sister. We'll find out when the egg hatches."

The small purple dragon came over and looked at the small black egg that had lighter black spots on it.

"How long until it hatches?" he asked, looking up at his parents.

"That's up to the dragon inside," Cynder replied.

"I hope soon! I can't wait to see my little brother or sister! I'm going to teach her or him so many things!"

"When he or she gets a bit bigger than you can," his mother told him.

"Alright."

XX

A few hours later however, things fell to pieces, much to everyone's surprise and horror. No one had thought something like this would happen. Not after the defeat of Malefor. Apes came and attacked the temple, capturing Cynder, Spyder, and the egg. Spyro tried to save them and fight them off, but he was quickly over powered and defeated and killed, much to his mate and son's horror.

The other three were taken back by Gaul, who somehow lived after being turned to stone and broken into little pieces by the purple dragon many years ago. Now, he was a robotic ape. A pure, cold-hearted killer now.

He threw chained Cynder up, and sneered at the black dragoness before him.

"Got you again, dragon. You're too easy to catch, you know that? Not that it matters now. You'll be staying here for a very long time. As for him.."

He turned to Spyder, who growled and snapped at the robotic ape. His lips were drawn back in a snarl, showing his fangs, his tail flicking from one side to the other angrily.

"..He's coming with me to see the master. He has plans for this dragon here."

With that, Gaul went off, dragging the small dragon with him. Cynder looked down at the small black egg that she had hidden from the apes. She shut her eyes tightly, knowing very well what she had to do.

Using her Wind element, the large dragoness gently blew the tiny egg out of the Well of Souls, and into a forest that was near by, that she could see from her cell's window.

"Be safe little one. May our paths cross again one day," Cynder whispered quietly. "May the spirits watch over you and protect you.."

XXX

The egg landed gently on some moss that was forming on the dirt near the heart of the forest. There was a village of dragons that lived there, untouched by Xicor and his army of evil, at least for the moment anyway.

(Yeah, I know having Gaul being alive is sort of a plot-hole, but I had no idea as to what other ape to use other than him.)
#24 Posted: 06:31:16 22/01/2015
(Hmm, nice work, although, had I known that Gaul would be in this, I'd have let you borrow Guavor. Anyway, onto the next scene, I suppose?)
---
#25 Posted: 06:55:35 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(It's quite alright. Yeah, on to the next part.)

A tiny yellow dragon was out hunting for some food for his family. He sniffed around before he bumped his noise against the egg.

"What in the world? Oh man it's an egg! Uncle Zap and Aunt Zip will love this!"

He took the egg and ran off with it to his family's den, where his aunt and uncle were tending their own eggs. Dragonflies watched from the skies, as they lived together with the dragons as friends, family, and protectors.

"Sprints! Sprints wake up! A rare egg was found in the river!" A mother dragonfly said excitedly. "The prophesy has come true! You WILL get to be a helper you WILL!"

The small blue dragonfly woke up at the happiness of his mother's voice. The prophesy had finally come true? At long last, the moment he had been waiting for since he was born?

"Really?" he asked happily.

"Yes!"

His father shook his head. "Don't get his hopes up. For the prophesy to come true the egg must be black. And there have not been black dragon eggs for a long time."

"But it WAS black! Shorts said so! HE was THERE!"

"So it's true then?" the young dragonfly asked.

"We'll see when the egg gets here," an older dragonfly, Glow, replied.

"They have already brought the egg. It's in the nest of the Lightning Dragons," Flitz, Sprints's mom said.

"Then let's go see it!" Sprints exclaimed.

His mother smiled.

"Since you will be a companion to whatever is inside that egg, then yes, you may go see it."

The little dragonfly nodded and flew off to where the Lightning Dragons were at. Zip cuddled the black egg underneith her, keeping it warm with the others. She smiled kindly at the dragonfly, her yellow and orange scales shimmering beautifly.

"Hello Sprints!" she greeted warmly.

"Hello!" he greeted back.

"Are you here to see the new one?" she asked, though she knew the answer.

"Yes, I have. Mom said it was time."

Spark rushed in. "Time? Is it time Auntie?"

She laughed sweetly and lovingly nudged the egg, which was start to crack.

"I believe it is time, little ones."

prints clapped his small hands. "I can't wait!"

The little egg began moving around, shaking, as the little dragon inside was trying to break out with her tiny claws. Soon enough, there was a hole, big enough for a paw to stick out from. But that wasn't enough. The little one continued until it was big enough for her to crawl out of, which she did.

"Oh hello little one!" She gave the little dragoness her snout to latch onto. "Aren't you the sweetest little thing? Now, what shall we call you?"

The tiny dragon looked up at her with bright purple eyes, wrapping her tiny paws on the larger dragonness' snout.

"She's cute. What if we call her Blacky? Or Charcoal since she's a dragon? Or.."

"Hmm...let us ask her."

She woofed warmish air through her nose onto the little dragon.

"I kind of like Ebony myself, but Coalata also works."

The father sighed. "No, see the fire in her eyes? A purple blaze...Voltara."

"What do you think?" She asked the tiny black beauty, smiling.

The tiny dragonness blinked and tilted her head to one side, thinking over which named she liked best for herself. She had to admit, she liked all three of them, but which did she like best?

"I suggest we let her guardian dragonfly pick," Zap said.

"Me?" Sprints asked, a bit surprised. "What if I do something she doesn't like?"

"You will choose out of the three we said," he explained. "Since she seems to like all of them, you cant choose wrong."

"Oh.." He nodded slightly at this. "That makes sense."

"Good. Take your time."

The little dragoness looked over at the dragonfly, waiting to see what he was going to pick for her.

"Mmm.." Sprints thought.

They all looked to him as well, waiting to see what he was going to pick for the little dragoness.

"I like the name Coalata, but I also like the name Coalie as well," the dragonfly said. "Which do you like kid? Coalata or Coalie?"

When he said the first name, the little dragoness flapped her tiny wings happily at it, and Sprints smiled, nodding.

"She likes Coalata best. That'll be her name."

"Colata...what a fitting and beautiful name," the dragoness said, "My little Coalata..."

(A sorta long-ish post. Sorry about that.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:57:02 22/01/2015 by Coalata
#26 Posted: 11:58:22 22/01/2015
(No problem, after all, these posts are likely to be transfered to your story. It's cool so far.)
---
#27 Posted: 12:40:57 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(True. Though, I feel bad, since you haven't gotten a chance to fully RP yet.. Are you sure you're alright with this? And thank you. smilie.)

The little dragoness looked at the other and smiled. She nodded to Sprints.

"Now my dear, this is Sprints. He is your Dragonfly. He will go with you everywhere and be your friend."

Coalata turned to face the dragonfly again, who waved at her. She smiled.

"Say hello little one." she giggled. "Do not be shy."

"H-hello," she spoke for the first time.

"Hi there Coalata," Sprints replied.

Suddenly, a scout came in, panting and bloody.

"Zap! The forest...it's crawling with apes! we must evacuate the females and the eggs before they arrive!"

The large yellow dragon gasped and roared a signal, and all the dragons in his hoard began to move. Suddenly chaos erupted as an army of apes came from the trees, attacking and killing every dragon they came across.

During the rushing dragons, all running around to make sure everything and one was safe and sound, all of Zip's eggs were smashed, and she led Spark and Coalata out of the danger and into a safe thicket. While they were running, an ape grabbed the tiny dragoness and began dragging her away.

"LET her GO!" Spark roared, leaping towards the big ape, while pushing Coalata into Zip, who covered the little dragoness with her own body, and blew lighting breath towards the ape.

It hit him...but by then it was too late.

Spark's body lay broken on the ground, lifeless and cold.

The tiny dragoness peeked out from the older one, seeing the body laying on the ground. She stumbled over to him, still getting use to walking on her tiny legs. She nudged him with her snout, trying to wake the older dragon up, not understanding that the older dragon was dead.

"Up Spark. Up," she pleaded.

Sprints frowned, shaking his head. "Coalata.. He's dead.."

Coalata blinked, looking up at the blue dragonfly. Dead? What did dead mean? "Huh?"

Zip put her head on the limp body and cried softly.

"My little hero...My poor little braveheart. You saved her..." she hugged him, and began digging a hole. She carefully put him inside, then put dirt back over it, covering him from the world.

The sounds of battle died away, and the hoard was gathering the injured...and burying the dead.

Zap lay wounded on the ground, surrounded by dead and frozen apes. His mate went over to him, tears still flowing from her current loss.

"Zip..." he gasped, "Zip you must...you must take Coalata...you must take her...and help train her in the ways of Lightning. You must... You must..." He coughed, a bit of blood coming up when he did. "SHE must learn the elements. You must run to the Land of Ice. There, she'll be able to learn the power of Ice from one of the greatest dragons that live there. You must go....now..."

His great eyes began to close, but he forced them open to look at the tiny dragoness.

"Dear sweet Coalata...you are the hope we have been waiting for. I see in your future...great things to come. Promise me my dear...promise you will always be a GOOD dragoness. Can you...can you promise that to me?"

The little dragoness nodded her head, a few tears beginning to form in her eyes. She still didn't understand death, but she was saddened by what the older dragon was saying. It sounded like he was going somewhere, and looked like it too. Her mother looked sad, and crying like she had done over Spark. Was Zap dying too, just as his nephew had only moments ago? That wasn't fair...

"I promise," she replied.

"Good girl." He smiled at her with his last movement, and passed, his mate taking the little one and her dragonfly companion far away, to the land of Ice.
#28 Posted: 12:52:46 22/01/2015
(Tis fine, I'm actually waiting for the right moment to bring in my first to appear. Perhaps after the next post, I will.)
---
#29 Posted: 23:56:28 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Upon entering the Land of Ice, they were greeted by three guard dragons, who welcomed them into the hoard and gave them a place to sleep for the night. It had been a long and hard day, and Zip was exhausted. She took little time making her nest, and curled around little Coalata to sleep.

Before the little dragoness slept, she saw another little dragon, ice-blue and white with white belly, horns, and spine bumps, with purple eyes looking in at her, then he dashed away. Coalata blinked and watched as the other dragon ran of, wondering who he was. She would most likely find out who he was tomorrow. Right now, the tiny dragon curled up around her mother and went to sleep.

XXX

In the morning, she saw him again, this time he was rolling in the dirt outside the den. Zip was sound asleep still, and Sprints was up with her. The tiny dragoness went out towards where the other dragon was at. She hoped that he was friendly.

"Hello."

"Hi!" he said cheerily. "I'm Colden. What's your name?"

"My name's Coalata," she replied, smiling. "It's nice to meet you."

"What a cool name!" he said, "You sure are a cool dragon. Black...I've never seen a black dragon before."

"I've never seen a blue and white dragon before."

"Heh! Of course not. You look like you were just hatched." He walked a bit, and glanced back at the younger dragon, smiling. "Come on, I'll show you some fun!"

"I was. Just last night I think.. From what mother told me." She nodded and followed after him. Of course Sprints came along too, since it was his job to follow her.

He took her to a fountain that was made of crystal, and filled with jewels in the shape of snowflakes and ice shards. The tiny dragoness looked at it, eyes wide in awe.

"Wow.."

"Cool isn't it?" Colden chuckled. "I love to stick my paws into it and feel the ice and snow that's there. Try, you might like it!"

Coalata blinked and held out a paw to the fountain, and let out a small yelp when she felt the bite of the cold snow and ice that was in the fountain on her paw, and she quickly drew it back.

"That stuff's freezing!"

"Really?" the three year old hatchling replied, tilting his head to one side at that. "Huh. You must not be an Ice Dragon then."

What element am I? Mother said she was going to teach me Lightning, and said I'd also needed to learn the power of Ice. Am I a Lightning Dragon and a Ice Dragon too? she thought.

A large shadow fell over the two hatchlings, and Colden looked up, smiling brightly at the older dragon that stood before them.

"Hi Father."

"Showing our new friend around are you, Colden?" the large blue-and-white dragon asked.

"You bet!"

He bent down his head to look at Coalata.

"Why hello little one! You must be the new hatchling the gaurds were talking about. Welcome to The land of Ice."

The tiny dragoness looked up at the larger dragon, her eyes wide in surprise. He'd never seen a dragon so big. He was even bigger than Zip or Zap was.

"H-hello."

He smiled down at her, and put down his snout. "Now, now little one...there is no need to be frightened. Nothing will hurt you here, leas of all me."

Well that was a relief at least. She nodded, and smiled. "Okay."

Freezbie smiled and led Colden away to where his mother was waiting for the two of them.

Zip woke up and came out to see what her little dragoness was up to, and also to talk to her.

"Coalata dear, come here for a minute."

The little dragoness went over to her. "Yes?"

"It is time for your lessons little one," she said cheerfully. "Time for you to learn how to zap your enemies."

"I'm an Electric Dragon then?"

"No, little one. You will learn that from me, and then Ice from Freezbie."

"But.. Aren't dragons only suppose to know one element? That's what one of the others told me," the hatchling replied.

"Only some of us," Freezbie said. "But you...you are the special one. The Chosen one. You can learn all four elements."

"Chosen for what?" Coalata questioned. What was she suppose to do? She didn't understand.

"To save the world of course."

She was suppose to save the world? A tiny hatchling like herself, only a day old, was suppose to save the whole world? She had no idea how big the world was, but she did wonder how she was going to save it from whatever it was that was doing harm to it. But if her mother and Freezbie said she was going to, then she was. She would make sure of that, after all, she had promised her father... She wasn't going to let him down.

"Save it from what?"

"The evil that plagues it, my dear."

"What evil though?" she asked. After all, how was she suppose to save the world if she didn't know who the evil was?

"Shush little one," Zip told her. "That name must never be spoken here."

So it was a bad idea to speak of the evil's name. She understood to a point, but she's most likely find out who later. Maybe. She nodded in understanding.

"Okay.."

"Now, let's begin your training," Zip told her. "Within you is the power of thunder. You simply need to feel it running through you...then RELEASE it, and watch as it destroys your foes."

He demonstrated with a powerful lightning blast that shattered a rock. Coalata's eyes widened in awe at the power her mother had.

She's so strong... One day, that'll be me too. As strong as Mother is.

"Now close your eyes...concentrate...feel the nature of Thunder...and release it...when you are ready."

The little dragoness nodded and did as the older dragon told her to do. She stood still for a few moments before she felt the power of it, and released it when she felt that it was the right time to do so. A little rock shattered before her as the lighting stuck it.

"Well done, young one," Zip told her, proudly.

The smaller dragon smiled happily. "Thank you."

"I shall be delighted to show you phase two. After that, Freezbie will teach you Ice, then I am afraid we'll have to travel some more...to the Land of Posin, where your next teacher, a great friend of mine, and powerful dragon, Fang lives."

So she was going to learn Poison next? Ice, Electricity, and Poison.. There was so many things that she had to learn. She wondered if she would ever be able to.

"All right, are you ready?" she asked, looking at her curiously.

"I'm ready," she told her.

"Good. Now, I need you to do exactly what you did before...except this time hold your breath a lot longer before releasing!"

"Okay!"

Coalata did as she had done only a few minutes ago, but held her breath this time around. She had no idea how long she had to hold it for, so she waited for her mother's say so on when to release it.

"Now little one!"

The hatchling nodded and opened her mouth, showing out the energy she had built up by holding it for a bit. The rocks exploded, and the beam of electricity went right through the cavern wall into the great beyond on the other side. Coalata's eyes widened in shock at this. She didn't think it would have been that strong already.

"Wow.."

"I agree, wow indeed," Zip agreed.

She's a powerful little dragon, and at such a young age too..

"Now, go and see Freezbie. He'll teach you Ice, then we'll head out to find Fang. Sound good?"

"Uh-huh!"

With that, the little hatchling made her way over to where the large dragon of ice stood waiting for her. He had seen her training with her mother, and he was impressed by what power the little dragon before him had within her.

"Now Coalata, I will teach you to make Ice breath!" He took a deep breath and released freezing cold air onto a rock. "Now, it's your turn. Take a deep breath."

The little dragoness did as she was told and took a deep breath in, before she glanced up at the larger dragon.

"Now, breath out. While doing so, think cold thoughts. Snow, ice, icy cold wind on a winter day.."

With those thoughts in mind, Coalata released the breath she was holding. Icy breath covered the stone that she had breathed Ice on. Freezbie nodded in approval at the smaller dragons work. There was hope for them yet...
#30 Posted: 23:56:47 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(I know double posting is not allowed, but due to the limit of words words to a post, I must do this to finish up what I wanted to do. Hopefully I don't get into trouble for this..)

XXX

(Tim-skips are awesome. smilie.)

Coalata flew through the sky, having been taught by one of the older dragons with her dragonfly, Sprints beside her. The two friends were headed off on their quest to save the dragon world from the evil dragon, Xicor, who had taken over before the hatchling was born, from what her 'mother' Frost told her.

So far, the hatchling had learned electric and ice, two out of four elements, and she had been working on improving them, since she was no longer with her two teachers at the moment. An attack on the village she was staying at with them had gotten her and her dragonfly split from the rest of the dragons, and they were doing to find them, as well as work on this 'quest' that her mother spoke of. Colden had came with the two of them, but they had lost him along the way, and she had no idea where he was at, or if he was still alive anymore. Though, she hoped so, she really did.

Though, Coalata still wonder how she was suppose to save the world. She was only a hatchling, only a day old. How was a tiny, newly hatched baby dragon suppose to do that? She really had no idea..

"Let's stop and take a beat for awhile, Coalata. Your wings must be getting sore," the dragonfly commented.

The black dragoness nodded and flew down towards the ground with her friend. Once on the ground, she sighed and laid down, happy to take a break for a moment or two. Though both of them knew that they couldn't stay in one place for too long. Xicor's minions could find them, or something else could, and they didn't want that to happen to them.

(Again, I'm sorry for it being so long.. I hope this gives and opening for you to join in now.)
#31 Posted: 00:06:52 23/01/2015
(I say its alright, almost all of the post on Spyro's Universal Adventures in the fanfiction section are of mine. Okay now, time to get rolling.)

"I've always wanted to leave home, this should be so exciting!" Cinder, a fire dragoness, said excitedly.

"Careful, sis, we don't know if danger will appear." Granite, an earth dragon, replied.

The two had been traveling for about a day now, hoping to find new places to explore. After a while, they saw a dark dragoness nearby, a hatchling in all honesty. Cinder looked at her brother, "Let's go meet her." And without waiting for a reply, she ran off the greet the young dragoness. Granite sighed, but followed nonetheless.

(that should do it, for now.)
---
#32 Posted: 00:18:54 23/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Alright. As long as I don't get into trouble. That be bad.)

Hearing the sounds of pawsteps coming their way, Coalata and Sprints got up from their resting spot and looked around. Hearing where the sound was coming from, the two turned and spotted two other dragons, one a male, one a female, and both of them were heading towards them.

"Do you think they're friendly?" the hatchling whispered.

"I'm not sure," the dragonfly replied. "Be on your guard, just in case."

The black dragoness nodded, and waited for the other dragons to reach them.
#33 Posted: 00:22:43 23/01/2015
(you shouldn't, I haven't with S.U.A.)

Cinder soon arrived and looked at the dark dragoness and dragonfly, "Hello, what's your name? I'm Cinder and that's my brother, Granite." she said happily and pointed at the earth dragon, whom walked calmly to them.
---
#34 Posted: 00:31:24 23/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Alright. That's good at least.)

"I'm Coalata, and this is my friend Sprints. It's nice to meet both of you."
#35 Posted: 00:39:05 23/01/2015
"Same here, so where are you headed?" Cinder asked.

"You should lay off on the questions, you might scare her. Nice to meet you though." Granite said, having walked up to them; he wasn't sure if he could trust Coalata, but only for Cinder's safety.
---
#36 Posted: 02:02:16 23/01/2015 | Topic Creator
"We're headed to the Land of Poison. There's a dragon there named Fang that's suppose to teach me Poison," the hatchling replied.
#37 Posted: 04:19:24 23/01/2015
"Cool, can we join you?" Cinder asked with a smile.
---
#38 Posted: 10:31:37 23/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Coalata and Sprints looked at each other at that. The two dragons didn't seem like they were a threat, plus, there was a better chance of them staying safe with others rather than just themselves. If anything happened..

"It's your call," the dragonfly said.

The hatchling nodded, before she turned back to the other dragons. "Sure. You can come with us."
#39 Posted: 12:51:02 23/01/2015
"Awesome, what do you think, Granite?" Cinder said, looking at her brother.

"I guess it couldn't hurt. So when will we leave?" Granite said.
---
#40 Posted: 22:21:51 23/01/2015 | Topic Creator
"We actually just stopped to rest for a bit," Sprints replied.

"But we can leave now if you guys want to," Coalata added.
#41 Posted: 22:24:19 23/01/2015
"Well, we could take a break too, so we could set up a camp right here." Granite mused over.
---
#42 Posted: 22:51:15 23/01/2015 | Topic Creator
"Sure. Cinder, you want to come with me and find some wood we can burn?" the hatchling asked.
#43 Posted: 22:53:45 23/01/2015
Granite looked nervous, "I'm not sure if the two of us ought to be separated. Why don't we all go?"
---
#44 Posted: 01:24:48 24/01/2015 | Topic Creator
"Sure."
#45 Posted: 18:01:00 24/01/2015
"Okay then, let's get the wood." Granite said, starting to walk off into a nearby forest.
---
#46 Posted: 00:04:22 25/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Coalata and Sprints followed after the other two dragons. The forest gave the little hatchling the creeps.

The trees were large, towering over the sky, making long and creepy shadows on the ground. The branches, at a first glanced, looked liked claws reaching out to try and grab some creature that got too close or wandered onto their territory. The wind made the leaves shake, making noise that was eerie. Pawprints by other animals could also be seen in the dirt. Wolves, foxes, and many others could be seen. Thankfully the two hadn't ran into any of them so far in the forest. Though, the hatchling didn't feel as threatened by them with Granite and Cinder being there with her and her dragonfly friend.

After all, there was safety in numbers.
#47 Posted: 00:07:16 25/01/2015
While Granite picked up wood, Cinder kept an eye out for anything of notice.
---
#48 Posted: 00:09:18 25/01/2015 | Topic Creator
The smaller dragon helped him out with the firewood, while Sprints helped Cinder out with the look outing.
#49 Posted: 00:18:38 25/01/2015
Granite soon had a snout full of wood, "Mhar mhe mhun mhet?" He asked through the wood, which muffled his words.
---
#50 Posted: 20:36:06 25/01/2015 | Topic Creator
The hatchling blinked, trying to make sense of what the other dragon had said. Without a snout full of wood, it was hard to understand him. She glanced over at Sprints and Cinder, wondering if they knew.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me