darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > Disappointed in DotD storyline *SPOILER WARNING!!!*
Page 1 of 1
Disappointed in DotD storyline *SPOILER WARNING!!!* [CLOSED]
JaydaTheFox Green Sparx Gems: 226
#1 Posted: 20:31:20 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Just in case someone forgot to read the obvious spoiler warning at the top, I don't want to get in trouble.

I was pretty disappointed in the storyline for Dawn of the Dragon. I mean, it was definitely extreme, and the whole ordeal about the purple dragon was unique, but other than that, it didn't feel...fresh. I mean, honestly--how many other games/books/movies have a plot about an unlikely hero trying to save the world from some villain? I think it could've been better with some unusual plot twists.

I also detested the ending with Ignitus and the Chronicler. For one thing, the Chronicler's parting words were weak and didn't feel satisfying. And THEY TURNED IGNITUS BLUE. WHAT THE HECK. >.>

Also, they didn't have to give Sparx a new voice. Not that it's relevant, but it annoyed me so much.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:48:00 23/11/2008 by JaydaTheFox
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#2 Posted: 20:33:04 23/11/2008
well i just liked the gameplay but the storyline might be a little weak but not disatorous!
---
This old place has changed too much
#3 Posted: 20:35:23 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: cynder21
well i just liked the gameplay but the storyline might be a little weak but not disatorous!

I never said the plot was bad (well, okay, I kind of did) but I just think it could be better. The gameplay in itself was very enjoyable.
#4 Posted: 20:40:48 23/11/2008
okay yeah it could have been better i like the flying and co-op that is what made the game.
---
#5 Posted: 20:46:34 23/11/2008 | Topic Creator
And I guess while I'm here, I just have to add...

Everyone's predictions of who would die in DotD were wrong! Unless someone thought the Chronicler was gonna die...
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#6 Posted: 20:51:57 23/11/2008
I'm amazed people think this was even a DECENT game.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#7 Posted: 20:54:14 23/11/2008
Quote: JaydaTheFox

Everyone's predictions of who would die in DotD were wrong! Unless someone thought the Chronicler was gonna die...

um,nope

lots of people said ignitus would die which he did in a way
#8 Posted: 21:01:29 23/11/2008
Quote: Shrazer320

you don't have to always say negative thing about DOTD we already know you don't like it!
---
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#9 Posted: 21:17:27 23/11/2008

you don't have to always say negative thing about DOTD we already know you don't like it!

I'm entitled to my own opinion.
#10 Posted: 21:26:12 23/11/2008

ummm you misunderstood me you can say you hate spyro as much as you want but after a while it gets annoying.
---
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#11 Posted: 21:43:16 23/11/2008
I didn't like Sparx's voice either!
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
#12 Posted: 22:00:41 23/11/2008
Quote: Spyro LUVA
I didn't like Sparx's voice either!

like always agreeing!!!!!
---
Wolfie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 748
#13 Posted: 05:29:20 24/11/2008
if he dosnt like spyro games why is he on dark spyr?????!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?(bad spellingLOL)
---
Matter of opinion!
Wolf mania!!!!!!!!!!
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#14 Posted: 05:38:30 24/11/2008
I thought the game play was okay. The story-line was good but I think it can be a bit better. Some parts of DOTD was a bit boring. Oh and I didn't like Sparx's new voice eather. But I got use to it. And what I didn't like the most was that in ANB and TEN, you can't go back to places. Also, in TEN. I think they could of done the level with the ships a bit better.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
#15 Posted: 09:22:08 24/11/2008
Storyline was a bit weak...

WHERE'S MAH PLAYABLE DARK SPYRO?! x.x

lawl. The whole "Get 100% to unlock the gallery" is funny. xD
Cuz technically, you are getting 110%.
The Gallery is an unlockable.
Shouldn't it count towards percentage? O.o

I liked Sparx's voice. smilie *is ready to be shot*
Would you rather Billy West? O.o

ummm you misunderstood me you can say you hate spyro as much as you want but after a while it gets annoying.

Don't liste- read it then.
Simple answer really.
#16 Posted: 16:25:30 27/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tango

um,nope

lots of people said ignitus would die which he did in a way

Ahem. He didn't die. It isn't "he died in a way". No. He obviously didn't die.
#17 Posted: 16:27:10 27/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro Technics
I liked Sparx's voice. smilie *is ready to be shot*
Would you rather Billy West? O.o

Hmm...true enough. But I thought his new voice was a little too deep.
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#18 Posted: 16:50:48 27/11/2008
I'd have to agree. I have said it more then once. The storyline is just a smorgishborg of everyone's favorite movies. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc...<.<
#19 Posted: 17:00:03 27/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynder_Rox
I'd have to agree. I have said it more then once. The storyline is just a smorgishborg of everyone's favorite movies. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, etc...<.<

Really? I was thinking it was a lot like Avatar (it doesn't help that Mark Hamill is Malefor xD). But good point with LotR.
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#20 Posted: 17:05:28 27/11/2008
I am only dissapointed a little by the end. It good, but...

It was too short. I think it should have been like this: They could have showed more of Spyro and Cynder flying around, and after a while, they would return to the others and tell Ignitus was dead. Then, in night time, Cynder finds Spyro sitting on a clip and asks why he isn't sleeping. Then, he could say he had a feeling that Ignitus was still alive. After that they talk alittle and starts to nuzzle a little. Then it could end with their eyes connected and told each other they loved each other, while Ignitus looked down at them, smiling. Seeing young love. Thats how I think it should be. I would like them to kiss too, but I doubt Sierra make them do thatsmilie
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#21 Posted: 17:18:35 27/11/2008
Quote: JTF
Really? I thought it was a lot like Avatar

Never seen it.

Quote: Crush

It was too short. I think it should have been like this: They could have showed more of Spyro and Cynder flying around, and after a while, they would return to the others and tell Ignitus was dead. Then, in night time, Cynder finds Spyro sitting on a clip and asks why he isn't sleeping. Then, he could say he had a feeling that Ignitus was still alive. After that they talk alittle and starts to nuzzle a little. Then it could end with their eyes connected and told each other they loved each other, while Ignitus looked down at them, smiling. Seeing young love. Thats how I think it should be. I would like them to kiss too, but I doubt Sierra make them do thatsmilie

That could interfere with Activision's future plans for the next game possibly.
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#22 Posted: 17:22:02 27/11/2008

That looks like a good ending, though.

I was a little bit dissapointed on the ending. I don't really think flying around happily isn't a good way for the ending. They should'nt have, you know, what Crush said.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
Glass Gryphon Gold Sparx Gems: 2686
#23 Posted: 19:33:09 27/11/2008

Yes. The one level that screamed TLotR the most was Dragon City.Some examples. Though I have to admit, I saw that comeing...

So yeah I agree that DotD story line was disappointing. It was way to rushed and there are some parts from the last game that are left unanswered (at least my questions smilie) , such as wth happen to Scratch and the Manarewesmalls? They maybe minor characters, but they can at least give a little cutscene of what happen to them after?

Also there is one small thing that bugged me, why on Earth did Malefor didn't make Spyro become Dark Spyro with his evil eye thing? If he could do it to Cynder, why not Spyro?
EDIT: Elaborated a bit more.
---
¡¡I love exclamation points!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:51:06 27/11/2008 by Glass Gryphon
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#24 Posted: 13:21:16 28/11/2008
Quote: JTF
Really? I thought it was a lot like Avatar

Never seen it.

That could interfere with Activision's future plans for the next game possibly.

Yeah, I hope so.
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#25 Posted: 20:33:51 28/11/2008

*throws up* what a used ending! there are millions of movies with that kind of ending...i wanted ignitus to REALLY die...
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#26 Posted: 20:39:57 28/11/2008
Quote: Glass Gryphon
Also there is one small thing that bugged me, why on Earth did Malefor didn't make Spyro become Dark Spyro with his evil eye thing? If he could do it to Cynder, why not Spyro?
I wondered the same thing. Probably, Malefor was at his lair and spying at them, and corrupted Spyro because Malefor knew he didn't know he was spying on them and used the evil eye on him.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#27 Posted: 19:33:16 29/11/2008
the storyline was AWESOME if u ask me!! and the gameplay, graphics, free flight, co-op between Spyro and Cynder..... all the other games ANB, TEN have pretty much lead up to everything. So, i don't see why your complaining....
---
N/A
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#28 Posted: 19:44:09 29/11/2008
Quote: Skyqueen
the storyline was AWESOME if u ask me!! and the gameplay, graphics, free flight, co-op between Spyro and Cynder..... all the other games ANB, TEN have pretty much lead up to everything. So, i don't see why your complaining....

Same here. It was the climax of the trilogy, and it ended perfectly in my opinion.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Miles Tails Gold Sparx Gems: 2059
#29 Posted: 19:47:04 29/11/2008
Yea! the game was good and you all know it!....
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
Pokemon Black and White...is comming....
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#30 Posted: 20:55:02 29/11/2008
The voice of Sparx will keep changing until people stop complaining about it.
BlazetheDragon Green Sparx Gems: 293
#31 Posted: 05:15:12 04/12/2008
you know what i noticed about dotd? it lacked intensity. i mean they tried to make it intense, but it wasn't as much as the others. the proof is that i felt the ANB and TEN were very moving especially the ending to TEN. as an experiment i played and beat TEN, feeling the emotion and switched to dotd right after. the feeling immediately left and i felt no emotion. no hopeful feeling about spyro's return. they just didn't work on the plot that much. it lacks what the other games had. plus they were trying to hype everyone up with the trailers and everything, but does anyone agree that the trailers made the game look way better than it was?
Firestar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1897
#32 Posted: 05:31:25 04/12/2008
Quote: BlazetheDragon
you know what i noticed about dotd? it lacked intensity. i mean they tried to make it intense, but it wasn't as much as the others. the proof is that i felt the ANB and TEN were very moving especially the ending to TEN. as an experiment i played and beat TEN, feeling the emotion and switched to dotd right after. the feeling immediately left and i felt no emotion. no hopeful feeling about spyro's return. they just didn't work on the plot that much. it lacks what the other games had. plus they were trying to hype everyone up with the trailers and everything, but does anyone agree that the trailers made the game look way better than it was?

kinda, i agree ANB and TEN were more intense and dramatic with there endings.
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#33 Posted: 11:13:17 07/12/2008
i lke sthe story but the FEW twist never suprised me EG cynder allways been evil and iggys deth was not very drematic and the act cyrel and volteer only spoke once in the whoe game an hunter never spoke affter warfang
BlazetheDragon Green Sparx Gems: 293
#34 Posted: 04:16:52 08/12/2008
yeah, and technically ignitus didn't die. that's why they didn't show it. just like in movies. they make it look like a character dies, but don't show it, then they come back cause they somehow survive. ignitus survived because he became the next chronicler.
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#35 Posted: 04:48:12 08/12/2008

Really? I was thinking it was a lot like Avatar (it doesn't help that Mark Hamill is Malefor xD). But good point with LotR.

When I told my friend about the tLoS storyline, she said it was a lot like Avatar. Apparently she's not the only one.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me