Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Original Character Question! [CLOSED]
Starfire Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5317
#1 Posted: 01:06:36 14/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Many people come up with their own characters in many ways, art, stories, RPs, and some just because they had an idea and felt like making a character from it. Since I know many people here have their own OCs, here is my question:

What would you do if the OC you created suddenly and unexpectedly appeared in a movie or cartoon you were watching?

How would you feel about it?
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
PSN: Starfire--Dragon
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6683
#2 Posted: 01:11:22 14/01/2015
What do you mean?
Like if I had just created a character, and one day I went and watched something and a characters exactly like mine showed up?

Um, I would wonder how someone had such a terrible mind as mine.
I would feel cheated i suppose. Everytime I have that character or talk about it, everyone would think it was that character or i ripped it off. Heck, if I decided to do anything with the story, the creators could sue me saying that I copied them. This one girl in my drawing class as these OC aliens that look exactly like the blue things in Avatar, except a different color. She made them before that movie, but everyone still thinks they are those creatures.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 9166
#3 Posted: 01:36:26 14/01/2015
First, I'd do some research to find the date the rip-off first appeared on the show, then look at it in relation to when I made mine. If I made it first, I'd sue their sorry little asses! smilie

If not, well... I'd be a sad, sad little foxie. smilie
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#4 Posted: 01:38:26 14/01/2015
I'd be indifferent. I knew I made my character first and thats all that matters to me.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#5 Posted: 01:55:05 14/01/2015
I'd say.....

THAT'S ME, I HAVE THAT USERNAME!!!!!!
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#6 Posted: 01:55:52 14/01/2015
I would feel equal parts ecstatic and outraged. Ecstatic because my OC in a something, and outraged because I should have known beforehand.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#7 Posted: 02:04:00 14/01/2015
do I get credit for it?

if so, then i'd be glad.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Bluh Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#8 Posted: 03:02:43 14/01/2015
Actually I don't know how I would react on this situation, but probably wouldn't be happy about it.

First of all because they were stupid enough to steal someone's creation and I'm almost sure they would claim as theirs, since it would be shameful to admit such poor creativity.
And second, They wouldn't think twice at sue you if the situation were the opposite.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#9 Posted: 03:02:58 14/01/2015
Quote: Starfire Dragon
Many people come up with their own characters in many ways, art, stories, RPs, and some just because they had an idea and felt like making a character from it. Since I know many people here have their own OCs, here is my question:

What would you do if the OC you created suddenly and unexpectedly appeared in a movie or cartoon you were watching?

How would you feel about it?

Depends. If they're in the appropriate universe, in a comic book, tv show, movie, video game, and etc. I believe it's okay.

Basically saying as long as Ken Penders is not involved with my character being there. I would be some what calm and ask about how the heck did this happen to the company. If Ken Penders is involved, I shall sue.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#10 Posted: 03:15:08 14/01/2015
Pissed as hell. There goes any ideas of using the character for my own series.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#11 Posted: 03:19:36 14/01/2015
I don't really plan to show off my good OC's much til I get a copyright so this most likely wouldn't happen, imo.
Starfire Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5317
#12 Posted: 05:17:27 14/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Wow! smilie
There's a lot of mixed emotions.
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
PSN: Starfire--Dragon
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#13 Posted: 05:41:15 14/01/2015
I would call the Hub network and say "WHY IS MY OC IN MLP FIM? AND WHY ISNT HE NAMED WIND SPINNER?!"

Then I would immediately become the biggest fanboy of my OC because I was the one who thought him up.

Yes, I have one OC
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8195
#14 Posted: 15:39:42 14/01/2015
That reminds me of that one time someone tried to make a fan add Five Nights at Freddy's game. It got taken down because he stole and renamed someone's OC, putting it in the game.

If I saw Shadmé in a Kid Icarus game, I'd be amazed. But since you said movie or cartoon, and Kid Icarus has neither...
I'd probably try to do research on when this character appeared. If it seemed it was stolen, I'd probably try to get something done about it.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me