darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Image of Vicarious Visions Employees Playing the Next Skylanders?!
First | Previous | Page 8 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Image of Vicarious Visions Employees Playing the Next Skylanders?!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#351 Posted: 21:06:35 18/02/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro
Quote: Aura24
Quote: Drek95
Skylanders is about making choices, and partially planning for the future.

I, and other collectors, want, but most importantly, can buy all the characters they want (in my case only brand new Skylanders, but others may want reposes, Lightcores and palette swaps), however I highly doubt we are the majority of the buyers.

The average Skylanders customers are probably 4/3 members families where the parents buy a bunch of characters for their kids, and eventually end up buying only what's needed to 100% the game, in some cases not even that (I think my cousins still miss a Sneak Swapper).
So they have to make choices.

Bushwhack or Tuff Luck?

Log Holder or Skull?

Bash or Prism Break?

I would never buy all the available trap's molds for every Element (not only would it be a pain to do, but what would the point be...?), I'm happy with just a few.

I'll personally be happy, if they continue to balance the Elements in terms of new Skylanders (Light and Dark obviously don't count, as of now). Reposes, Lightcores, and palette swaps are extras.

I suppose that's true. I only buy Skylanders I like, it would suck if they made the games where we have to buy all of them
Oh god that would be a nightmare

Shhhh! Keep it down! The all-seeing Activision is gazing into our very souls right now smilie
ppmdoesskylands Green Sparx Gems: 258
#352 Posted: 20:46:32 08/03/2015
Quote: Iganagor
Quote: Eruptor100
It is a computer game guys! Activision are making a PC skylanders game about Sheep?

Or they are designing another damn iPhone game!

We know its a computer game

actually... they simply used a PC monitor as a screen for an xbox 360 as you can see the controllers and a guide on how to use one.
---
No Pie, No Glory!
Read my story! The Drow Mage
anyone else think gold is stupid?
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#353 Posted: 15:23:34 09/03/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
here is a bit bigger pic of the screens and what is going on....

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Something about that camera angle makes it look very similar to a Transformers Game.

Skylanders: War For Sheep, Skylanders: Fall Of Sheep, Skylanders: Rise Of The Dark Sheep...
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#354 Posted: 11:44:26 10/03/2015
That "just over the waist" camera is used for shooter focused games. It reminds of Last of Us and Batman Arkham Asylum. It seems to "great" to be a mobile game.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#355 Posted: 12:35:55 10/03/2015
Quote: angelg
That "just over the waist" camera is used for shooter focused games. It reminds of Last of Us and Batman Arkham Asylum. It seems to "great" to be a mobile game.

Skylanders: Cloudcracker Asylum maybe?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#356 Posted: 12:54:14 10/03/2015
Also the screens wouldn't be big enough for them to show the detail needed for a first person shooter on a phone. maybe iPad, but still it's pretty small, you wouldn't be able to see another charscter in the distance easily and that's the main thing you need for a first person shooter.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#357 Posted: 14:28:52 10/03/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

Put in the combo system of that Rocksteady classic and I'm all in!
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#358 Posted: 14:55:21 10/03/2015
I still think it has that weird (for the series) camera angle because it's a minigame.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#359 Posted: 23:12:12 10/03/2015

Lol, who knowssmilie But all the games with tha kind of camera I've played so far (last of us, batman, the order 1886) are very good games. I know this is evidence of nothing, but well dreaming is something completely free.
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#360 Posted: 23:20:36 10/03/2015

Lol, who knowssmilie But all the games with tha kind of camera I've played so far (last of us, batman, the order 1886) are very good games. I know this is evidence of nothing, but well dreaming is something completely free.

No, it is not. Give me $50.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#361 Posted: 00:16:56 11/03/2015
Quote: 84skylanderdude

And don't forget tax.
---
Check this out! Please?
#362 Posted: 00:25:30 11/03/2015

And don't forget tax.

Damn, forgot to account for tax.

That'll be $225.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#363 Posted: 00:33:04 11/03/2015
Where's my $5?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#364 Posted: 02:30:54 11/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Where's my $5?

Sorry, but you accidentally dreamt for a split second. I had to confiscate it.
---
#365 Posted: 11:19:45 11/03/2015

And don't forget tax.

Damn, forgot to account for tax.

That'll be $225.

Damn, I forgot in America everything has a price, lol. Alright give me your paypal account smilie
---
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#366 Posted: 12:18:07 11/03/2015
I'd guess a racing game from the look of it.

That's clearly Gill Grunt, and the purple thing seems to be a speed counter.
---
^ You all know it's true
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#367 Posted: 15:48:12 11/03/2015
Not really,LOS also used to have a purple(it was pink but let's keep people believing it's purple) circle to indicate the amount of energy towards special mode. And it's usually a thing in the minigames or the spinoffs to have a chargeable special.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#368 Posted: 19:31:03 11/03/2015
Give it the benefit of doubt, at least until we have some more information.
#369 Posted: 03:56:41 12/03/2015
Quote: Iganagor
This game looks stupid

That's incredibly insightful.
---
SREDNALYKS Green Sparx Gems: 361
#370 Posted: 13:00:08 28/03/2015
Its Zook & Food Fight Going against Gill Grunt & Punk shock. I think.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#371 Posted: 14:39:40 28/03/2015
Quote: SREDNALYKS
Its Zook & Food Fight Going against Gill Grunt & Punk shock. I think.

yeah but in what this will proably be a spinoff not a main series game
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#372 Posted: 19:56:23 28/03/2015
Quote: Failinhearts
Quote: CountMoneyBone
here is a bit bigger pic of the screens and what is going on....

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Something about that camera angle makes it look very similar to a Transformers Game.

Skylanders: War For Sheep, Skylanders: Fall Of Sheep, Skylanders: Rise Of The Dark Sheep...

My thoughts are that this is some sort of online battle mode, two teams with 2 players each and in the top middle it looks like a score counter. Not sure i like the camera angle. But atm we can only speculate, who knows it might be a new skylanders universe game or mobile game.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
#373 Posted: 19:58:32 28/03/2015
I doubt Vicarious has THAT much free time churning out the latest game every 2 years and do these mobile games. to their credit they've done the tech behind the mobile version, but this to me seems to be a sub game within the main franchise.
---
#374 Posted: 20:06:23 28/03/2015
Or a PVP minigame which happens to have a third person view instead of top-down. They HAVE enough free time to be releasing all the mobile games,they're the ones that did Lost Islands(which is updating to this day as the Waves are released, plus its own quests and items), Battlegrounds and Cloud Patrol; the question is if this is part of the main game or one by itself.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:07:15 28/03/2015 by Bifrost
#375 Posted: 00:24:07 29/03/2015
I just noticed something in the background of those pictures... It kind of looks like the Sheep Mage in his giant flying sheep form. Which I guess would kind of make sense, seeing as how it looks to be "Baa-tle Flag" or whatever we said the title was.
---
Check this out! Please?
#376 Posted: 00:48:19 29/03/2015
Oh yeah,it does look like it, but could also be a marble statue of a sheep. Who knows,maybe Sheepwreck Island is a themed level in the game instead of its equivalent in PVP arenas(no idea if there's even one though, the SSA and Giants ones did).
---
#377 Posted: 02:04:27 29/03/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Or a PVP minigame which happens to have a third person view instead of top-down. They HAVE enough free time to be releasing all the mobile games,they're the ones that did Lost Islands(which is updating to this day as the Waves are released, plus its own quests and items), Battlegrounds and Cloud Patrol; the question is if this is part of the main game or one by itself.

I'd say they are a better developer than TfB then, if you can keep releasing all of that. I mean, Activision quantity is better than quality, right?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:04:54 29/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#378 Posted: 02:26:00 29/03/2015
Might not be the same sections of Vicarious Visions. LI has a really different style from Swap Force,much closer to Giants instead, and now that it's mostly done it's probably just a few artists to port models and make new buildings and a writer+programmers to make the quests. It's waaaay less the manpower to even get anywhere close to the console,even the 3DS games. Not sure about Cloud Patrol or Battlegrounds, never played those.
---
#379 Posted: 22:40:57 17/04/2015
SF did introduce skylander ability specific games ( the swap zone challenges ) . Maybe VV is taking it a step further this time and making these types of mini games for all skylanders .

E.g. These guys in the pic and rattle shake and kaboom etc for a shooter game.

Then make skylanders that can fly having a flying/battlemini game.

A hide and seek type game for the stealth characters.

A racing type game for charscters that can race, like flameslinger etc

A bowling type game for charscters that control big big projectiles like stump smashes nut or dune bugs energy ball.

I've kind of wanted stuff like this for a while to bring back special ability "uses" skylanders had that encorage you to play diversely. E.g. Like breaking rocks with drill Sargent and prism break etc.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:44:03 17/04/2015 by wild_defender
#380 Posted: 23:15:43 17/04/2015
Quote: wild_defender
SF did introduce skylander ability specific games ( the swap zone challenges ) . Maybe VV is taking it a step further this time and making these types of mini games for all skylanders .

A bowling type game for charscters that control big big projectiles like stump smashes nut or dune bugs energy ball.

I've kind of wanted stuff like this for a while to bring back special ability "uses" skylanders had that encorage you to play diversely. E.g. Like breaking rocks with drill Sargent and prism break etc.

This won't be the official game.

A billion dollar franchise isn't gonna make a mainstream game called "Baa-tle _____". That'd just be stupid no matter how good the game is.

I'm always gonna support Skylanders. Even if they put out a flop game, I'm still gonna play it. But still, if the game was "Baa-ttle _____", I wouldn't really be all that excited for it.
---
#381 Posted: 23:23:53 17/04/2015
it's just Battlecast,the domain was registered as such(could always be for redirects though). It's still a very 'meh' name,but it isn't the dumbest thing VV has done yet.

...No,trophy still goes for Primary Color Abomination-yacht.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:24:31 17/04/2015 by Bifrost
#382 Posted: 13:16:11 18/04/2015

A billion dollar franchise isn't gonna make a mainstream game called "Baa-tle _____". That'd just be stupid no matter how good the game is.

I'm always gonna support Skylanders. Even if they put out a flop game, I'm still gonna play it. But still, if the game was "Baa-ttle _____", I wouldn't really be all that excited for it.

I don think any one expects it to be the official game. like Kaos doom challenge, it can easily just be a mode of the new game.

the flags could refer to claiming land/ points in a party type mode thing and if you win on majority of the lands your the winner.
---
#383 Posted: 14:27:28 18/04/2015

I don think any one expects it to be the official game. like Kaos doom challenge, it can easily just be a mode of the new game.

the flags could refer to claiming land/ points in a party type mode thing and if you win on majority of the lands your the winner.

They didn't make a logo for Kaos's Doom Challenge.

Wait, has anyone considered this could be a prototype name?
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#384 Posted: 16:55:54 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
it's just Battlecast,the domain was registered as such(could always be for redirects though). It's still a very 'meh' name,but it isn't the dumbest thing VV has done yet.

I'm thinking that Baa-ttle Flag was probably a take on Battlecast. That this real name was known ages ago. I think the image was just a show off game done by a few employees and they done a cute parody on the name for a few laughs. I doubt this will be in the game at all.

I have been sitting on two rumorish things for a while now as I don't know if they are Sky 5 or not. I've seen in two different places now about VV and "wearables." Once in an Albany article and the other in a patient filing. I wasn't very clear on the details of the patient and of course when I tried to find that patient filing again to properly read it over I couldn't find it. I recall the filing had diagrams of Spyro as well as diagrams showing human arms and smaller portal like devices strapped onto them. Like some type of Power Ranger gimmick where you slap stuff to yourself to enhance the character. It seemed so stupid that I hoped it was just an idea and not a fact about Sky 5's gimmick. Sometimes ideas are patiented and not used, you know? Activision has over a dozen such filings in regards to Skylanders but this was their only unused concept thus far.

The article I saw though made a brief mention of wearables and then went on to discuss how the contract is up on their building soon. Some massive reading in between the lines was done there to tell me what gimmick Sky 5 is about and that VV may be moving soon. www.bizjournals.com/albany/new...e-changing.html

I never bothered to mention these things sooner as they are far too rumory to be of much serious value. I'm mentioning it now just in case we find out soon what I've deducted from my investigations is actually correct. I love to get some credit if I cracked the news before all. LOL

Either way they have been very good at keeping leaks out and I've been using a lot of indirect ways to find out more info. I admire how well they kept quiet on the whole thing as by now they should have a lot of final promotional material ready to spring on us. Thousands of people involved and lips are totally sealed. Good job!
---
Stay Cool!
#385 Posted: 17:04:17 18/04/2015
Changing offices in the middle of game production,myyy favorite.

But wearing your gimmicklanders? The Snack World is about to hit a wall if it's really what they mean with wearables, it's Level-5's entire gimmick for their entry in TtL. I'd prefer dressing them up but that's just me, I won't visibly carry around attention-grabbing toys that cost over 40 bucks on the street.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:05:33 18/04/2015 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#386 Posted: 17:10:51 18/04/2015
I doubt it'll be wearables. It's a gimmick to similar to SF and VV is MUCH more creative than that.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#387 Posted: 13:39:16 24/04/2015
Quote: fairyland

I'm thinking that Baa-ttle Flag was probably a take on Battlecast. That this real name was known ages ago. I think the image was just a show off game done by a few employees and they done a cute parody on the name for a few laughs. I doubt this will be in the game at all.

I have been sitting on two rumorish things for a while now as I don't know if they are Sky 5 or not. I've seen in two different places now about VV and "wearables." Once in an Albany article and the other in a patient filing. I wasn't very clear on the details of the patient and of course when I tried to find that patient filing again to properly read it over I couldn't find it. I recall the filing had diagrams of Spyro as well as diagrams showing human arms and smaller portal like devices strapped onto them. Like some type of Power Ranger gimmick where you slap stuff to yourself to enhance the character. It seemed so stupid that I hoped it was just an idea and not a fact about Sky 5's gimmick. Sometimes ideas are patiented and not used, you know? Activision has over a dozen such filings in regards to Skylanders but this was their only unused concept thus far.

The article I saw though made a brief mention of wearables and then went on to discuss how the contract is up on their building soon. Some massive reading in between the lines was done there to tell me what gimmick Sky 5 is about and that VV may be moving soon. www.bizjournals.com/albany/new...e-changing.html

I never bothered to mention these things sooner as they are far too rumory to be of much serious value. I'm mentioning it now just in case we find out soon what I've deducted from my investigations is actually correct. I love to get some credit if I cracked the news before all. LOL

Either way they have been very good at keeping leaks out and I've been using a lot of indirect ways to find out more info. I admire how well they kept quiet on the whole thing as by now they should have a lot of final promotional material ready to spring on us. Thousands of people involved and lips are totally sealed. Good job!

Really.... I hope they stay in the area though. I only live about 10-15 minutes from the VV studios, I know exactly where they are, I've passed by them before smilie

I could practically just go and visit if I wanted to, but I haven't yet :3
---
Purple dragon.
First | Previous | Page 8 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me