Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Skylanders Malefor's Official Debut (Image added)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Skylanders Malefor's Official Debut (Image added) [CLOSED]
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#51 Posted: 09:58:47 04/02/2015
I see using Deathwing and Perfect Cell's origin story is now being used.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#52 Posted: 11:52:52 04/02/2015
Seen enough fanfics to know where this is going.
Check Calliope's necklace. It's way too like a Fury Crystal and not like a Radiance Crystal which is much bluer or Tzo Crystal which is way clearer. Plenty of LOS fanfics and the like that have powers being stolen using one before DOTD estabilished it as a Dark Crystal's power.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#53 Posted: 19:37:56 04/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't read that many LoS fanfics, so this is pretty new to me.

We don't know what was taken from Spyro, Cynder and Hex, it could be something that is linked to their souls. I noticed that the inner parts of Spyro, Cynder and Hex trapped inside Calliope's crystal are aware of their predicament. It makes me wonder what part of them was stolen for Malefor to use against them in the upcoming comics.

EDIT -

Full body image of the Return of the Dragon King story arc cover, by Fico Ossio~

[User Posted Image]

One of the Skylanders IDW Comic book writers, David Rodriguez, mentioned that Skylanders Malefor is like winged Doctor Doom -

https://twitter.com/davearodri...523162824499200
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 10:02:39 18/02/2015 by Aura24
#54 Posted: 16:41:48 25/03/2015
Careful bump on topic to say that the first comic is out!

Malefor actually only speaks for 3 pages and appears for one since it's still about unsealing him,but oh, what lines those were.Awesome might.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:42:02 25/03/2015 by Bifrost
#55 Posted: 17:47:32 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Still awed when he said that phrase -

"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"

...And he said the word "awesome".
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:52:33 25/03/2015 by Aura24
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#56 Posted: 21:54:25 26/03/2015
The moment when he first appeared... I felt like I wasn't reading a Skylanders comic anymore...

I wonder how they'll defeat him, this time.

He defeated Wallop with a single fire breath, seconds after "coming back to life"!

"I am awesome. I am... Might!"
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#57 Posted: 22:17:58 26/03/2015
He'd need that gold fever before he could reference Smaug. As the writer twitted at the beginning of the month,he's closer to Doctor Doom now.
---
#58 Posted: 05:26:41 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
From one of the preview pages of Issue 8, Malefor in Skylanders is indeed a very dark villain.

Instead of finishing off Spyro, Hex and Cynder right there and then, Malefor has them imprisoned, intent on making them suffer by using their own powers to crush everything they hold dear and accomplished, starting with the Skylanders Academy. Those three Skylanders caused Malefor more pain and fustration than anyone else in Skylands.

This is what Malefor looked like apparently before his battle with Hex (will update image with HD version when available) -

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:43:42 10/04/2015 by Aura24
#59 Posted: 12:31:32 09/04/2015
Couldn't find a bigger version in the iTunes site not having an account,but eh I could still read a few things.

But then Malefor did have his old appearance, albeit with less dumb colors and thank Fico Ossio almighty for thinking of that. But it makes Hex more aggressive than the books ever implied, because she did the equivalent of putting him on a wheelchair if he needs a mech armor now and replaced his beard entirely.

Also I'm very happy with the new villains having the brains to attack as soon as they have the power/macguffin, instead of stopping to boast(and not from the safety of their lair, I mean in front of the heroes) or waiting for the Skylanders to show up for battle.Kaos did it out of desperation in TT but GD and Malefor could teach him a few things.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:53:43 09/04/2015 by Bifrost
#60 Posted: 20:34:00 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah, we'll be seeing clearer images of the comic previews soon.

Malefor's appearance before his battle with Hex is almost like his DotD counterpart's. So much like it too... Hope no fans immediately get the assumption that "DOTD Malefor survived" all because of that appearance similarity.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:41:46 09/04/2015 by Aura24
#61 Posted: 21:34:08 09/04/2015
Well, *classified* could've if they followed the original canon(or in the slightest sense of the word considering his new element), but they obviously didn't. Spyro doesn't even know him... Unless you follow some user's really detailed theory about how it's different generations using the same names, but it's way too big of a stretch.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:34:21 09/04/2015 by Bifrost
#62 Posted: 21:37:46 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah, that too. Still to me, it's like they never made any obvious changes between him and his DOTD appearance.
---
#63 Posted: 22:19:27 09/04/2015
The changes aren't obvious but were definately made to look better.

It's harder to compare since the artwork,the cutscene model and the ingame model are all different. But overall, he's with a much better balance around pink rather than around dark purple, which made him look reddish in the cutscenes. He also has crooked spikes on his shoulder and back instead of thorn thingies around his belly, his wings are much closer to light purple than white/red, and one that's quick to notice is that he just has yellow sclera with red irises instead of yellow cat eyes.
---
#64 Posted: 06:25:30 22/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Part 2 of the Dragon King saga has arrived.

SkyMalefor immediately attacked the Skylander Academy right after he was resurrected. All of the other Skylanders stood no chance against him, and he absorbed their powers with a crystal to empower himself. He also plans to build a fortress right where the Skylander Academy stands, but is challenged to a fight by Spyro, Cynder, and Hex.

We get a look at what Skylanders Malefor's personality is like. He's seemingly more evil and cruel than his LoS counterpart, he's also very arrogant. He also tends to repeat himself on how great he is or when he is displaying his powerful abilities, like "I am Malefor. And I am magnificent." and "I am Malefor. And I will not be denied."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:11:06 22/04/2015 by Aura24
#65 Posted: 14:36:37 22/04/2015
Nice comic, also added some stuff for Cynder as well:

She has the DOTD Dark Cynder appearance,of sorts. Seems more like she was permanently stuck in shadow form that way instead of filter overload, and the Brand of the Undead visible all the time.
Also this comic isn't just The Menace of Malefor, it's Malefor: Waifu and Husbando Beater.Reminds me of someone(NSFW language) Now once the spoiler period is done I might want to do some gifs.
---
#66 Posted: 22:07:27 22/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah, Fico Ossio solely did researched Dawn of the Dragon and some of the dragon character designs. As soon as I saw that panel in the comic, I immediately recognized the scenario.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#67 Posted: 18:56:26 20/05/2015
Absolutely loved this arc!

Maybe the end was *a bit* "rushed" and the fight could have been longer and harder... But I'm absolutely happy with what I got.

It also opens the possibility for a return of the return of Malefor... I doubt the abyss under the Skylands has an end...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#68 Posted: 19:31:39 20/05/2015 | Topic Creator
And the conclusion showed another side of Malefor's persona -

He would plead for help. X3

And also leaves some unanswered questions between him and Spyro.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me