Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Wings of Fire - virus of doom [CLOSED]
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#1 Posted: 23:00:13 05/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Okay folks, my first RP (smiles proudly), this is a Wings of Fire Role Play (for those who don't know, the books were made by Tui Sutherland), and this is going to take place before the Sandwing royal war (as I call it). Oh, and one important thing, I may have need for a disclaimer, so "I do not own any aspect of the Wings of Fire series, except for my OC's and the plot"

Here's the plot: The seven tribes of Pyrrhia are under attack, but its not a normal attack; a virus has begun spreading, killing dragons after turning them insane through hallucinations and other side effects. Only the Nightwings have a cure, but they've hidden it away in a secret location on the continent. Also, with the Nightwings hidden on their island, no one can contact them to find the cure. Its up to the several brave dragons from each tribe to discover the cure and save Pyrrhia, but even if they do, one question remains; what is the source of this deadly virus?

Okay, with the plot down, here is some additional information about this RP (but don't feel like im trying to dictate things, I just want to see what happens before I finish figuring this out.) :

since this takes place before the books,
Stonemover's tunnels don't exist
(spoilered in case one doesn't know about it),
next, considering the rarity of dragons with 'gifts', I will not initially accept the following types of dragons, 'fired' Skywings (like Peril), 'red egg' Mudwings (like Clay), and animus dragons,
also, don't forget that
the Nightwing's don't actually have powers, and although Moon is an exception, she hasn't hatched as of then
(spoilered just in case one doesn't know it),
hmm, may have other info, but that will be figured out later.

Oh yes, rules smilie (not counting the character restrictions)

being the creator of this, I do believe I am the GM. (though I don't exactly know what that stands for)
I would say "no godmodding" but that's not exactly something a Pyrrhian dragon is capable of.
You can't take over someone else's characters.
You can't kill someone else's characters (that's up to the virus, and the owner of the character to do).
Do keep romance simmered to low, alright?
Please no cussing, alright?
And lastly, but most importantly, have fun.

Also, here are some canon characters that may appear in here, and again, I won't initially allow one person to take on the position of more than one canon character, I first want to see how many people join in first before that.

King Gill: GigaCamo
Queen Coral: GigaCamo
Queen Oasis: Theuone (me)
Queen Scarlet: ShadowMewx
Queen Moorhen: LegendofZelda (for now)
Queen Battlewinner: StormDragon21
Queen Grandeur: jennacat4
Queen Glacier: Theuone (me) (unless someone else wants this role.)

(I may add to this after a while)

Hmm, I may be missing something, other than this, the character sheet:

Name:
Tribe:
Appearance:
Personality:
Power: (don't forget to look above, this is optional)
Additional info: (optional, but can include animus-enchanted artifacts, weapons, character history, and other stuff.)

If someone who wants to join this, but doesn't know much about the world of Pyrrhia, don't hesitate to ask someone who does, like me. And again, those "restrictions" will only apply until I get this figured out, and even after that, I won't accept anymore than one or two of a type.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Edited 9 times - Last edited at 22:58:41 12/01/2015 by theuone
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#2 Posted: 23:55:31 05/01/2015
Name: Storm
Tribe: Icewings
Appearance: Nothing really special apart from the generic Icewing, but she wears a necklace with a gem in it.
Personality: Can this be RPed?
Power: Can this be something other than animus, red Mudwing eggs, ect…?
Additional info: Assuming we can use other powers, her necklace channels them. If possible, can she be the daughter of Queen Glacier?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#3 Posted: 00:00:15 06/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(hmm, well, what I meant for power, I was talking about the rare types of dragons, so far Storm seems fine to me, and if you had plans for the neckless, well, it could be animus-enchanted, and sure, she can be Glacier's daughter, is that all?) (im new to the creation of RP's, so im trying to figure this all out myself as we go along with this.)
---
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#4 Posted: 02:38:26 06/01/2015
Name: Capybara
Tribe: RainWings
Appearance: well... She's a Rainwing, so always changing colours. Scar on one of the tips of her wings.
Personality: Caring. She is very angry at the Nightwings for not sharing the cure. This will be evolved more smilie
Power: None

Name: Mud Turtle
Tribe: Seawings
Appearance: A deep blue Seawing, with green eyes.
Personality: She wants to protect her tribe. Queen qualities, although she does not have royal blood.
Power: none
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:19:08 14/01/2015 by jennacat4
#5 Posted: 02:56:22 06/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Accepted, does no one want to be one of the queen's?)
---
#6 Posted: 03:03:47 06/01/2015
OOC: I'll take Grandeur. (This is before the rainwing's rotated queens, yes?)
---
#7 Posted: 03:07:20 06/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Sure, that's why I've got Grandeur up there, not to mention the fact she's the most queenly of them all up til Glory. About to edit first to add you.)
---
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#8 Posted: 20:29:37 06/01/2015
I'll be Queen Scarlet!

Name: Shadowhunter
Tribe: NightWing
Appearance: Pure black NightWing with really 'sharp' silver dots on his wings. He also has purple band-like stripes around his wrists and ankles.
Personality: Absolutely obnoxious dragon with a large ego. Believes he is the most loyal NightWing there is.
Power: Excellent combat skills and normal NightWing flame.

Name: Ruddy
Tribe: MudWing
Appearance: Unusual small reddish-brown dragonet with darker underscales and green eyes. Has a weak immune system.
Personality: Jolly young MudWing with a rather upbeat and positive personality. Somewhat naïve because of his age. Despite his adventurous personality streaks, he gets scared easily.
Power: Not the best at claw-to-claw battle, but normal MudWing powers.
Additional Info: He is half MudWing, half NightWing, which explains his odd looks. This is reason enough for Ruddy to try and find the NightWings, because he thinks they'll understand him.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:27:00 09/01/2015 by ShadowMewX
#9 Posted: 20:45:45 06/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Ahh, cool, accepted, and i'll put you in for Scarlet. I myself, will bring in my OC's soonish.
---
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#10 Posted: 21:06:03 06/01/2015
I'll take Queen Coral and my other 3 are.

Name: Icebreath
Tribe: Icewings
Appearance: Has a blue underbelly and white scales but also has frozen feet that he describes as gloves.
Personality: Heroic and humorous but can't stand Nightwings.
Power: Icewing powers
Additional info: He is a Icewing who had his best friend Shard murdered by the virus. He decided to find a cure to save others from escaping the pain Shard felt.

Name: Tidal
Tribe: Seawings
Appearance: A Blue-Greenish colored scales that owns a stolen narwhale spear and Seawing armor.
Personality: Calm and smart but has problems with battles because he always ends up with horrible partners.
Power: Seawing powers and has a narwhale spear and armor.
Additional info: A rejected Seawing guard that decided to prove himself by searching for a cure.

Name: Sandstone
Tribe: Sandwings
Appearance: A classic Sandwing but has a stone helmet that covers a nasty injury.
Personality: Hyper and daring but very annoying and stinks at stealth.
Power: Sandwing powers
Additional info: A Sandwing who tries to boast to others of his made up strong powers (Witch he doesn't have) to try to be famous but always fails and gets punished. However Tidal and Icebreath captured him and forced him to find a cure.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:46:19 06/01/2015 by GigaCamo
#11 Posted: 21:16:53 06/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Those three are accepted, but what do you mean about Sandwing sister debate? The war doesn't happen yet. Also, Tidal can't be an animus, yet. He may be one once I allow for them. (The reason for this is that, if I were to allow any dragon to be an animus, well, that would surely result in chaos, same deal with 'fired' Skywings and red egg Mudwings.))
---
#12 Posted: 21:26:04 06/01/2015
Ok. I'll fix that. I miss read the plot.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:44:50 06/01/2015 by GigaCamo
#13 Posted: 21:53:41 06/01/2015
Also, can I be Queen Battlewinner?

Name: Shimmering Mists
Tribe: Rainwings
Appearance: Well, always changing, but she prefers being a light blue color.
Personality: To be RPed.
Power: None other than the normal powers.
Other: Unlike other Rainwings, she can't use the acid spit.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#14 Posted: 21:56:52 06/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(accepted all currently, and sure StormDragon21.)
---
#15 Posted: 22:15:00 06/01/2015
OOC: I might make another character, depending on how many people join. Any idea when we're starting? smilie
---
#16 Posted: 22:23:04 06/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(hmm, maybe within a week, like you said, waiting to see if others join)
---
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#17 Posted: 22:35:14 06/01/2015
I would join but I would need to know more on Pyrrhia could help me get into this
---
POPSMARTS!
#18 Posted: 22:37:02 06/01/2015
Quote: Reverse0456
I would join but I would need to know more on Pyrrhia could help me get into this

It would be great for you to join but this RP might not be for you, but you could try!
Wings of Fire is a book series about dragons by Tui Sutherland.
---
#19 Posted: 22:48:48 06/01/2015 | Topic Creator
yeah, im surprised I haven't did this ealier:

the locations of the tribes as of book five, however, the Nightwings are not in the Rainforest as of yet in this RP, if im right, the Nightwing island is above the Skywing territory, beyond the map borders.

[User Posted Image]
---
#20 Posted: 23:14:07 06/01/2015
Dragons that is a yes I may look around for the series

I'll try and join in with a little twist I guess

Name:Velioex
Tribe: (cause of no knowledge I guess I'm tribeless if that is even possible
Apperance:Has the apperance of a shadow that can alter it's shading
Personality:the silent type that does not feel right in the present of people but rarly can he but he can easlily be the thorn to a backstabber if you mess up bad with him
Powers:Ha like I'm gonna try and make up this part that is a crime
Other info: will be added later

Is this acceptable and I'm looking up this amazing topic right now
---
POPSMARTS!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:15:23 06/01/2015 by Reverse0456
#21 Posted: 23:22:39 06/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(well, Reverse0456, it seems to me that your character would be that of a Nightwing (and I should try to add in this too))

(brought in from the WOF wikia, with alterations.)

[User Posted Image]

NightWings have forked, black tongues and usually have black, dark grey, or purplish-black scales with silver, light black, purple, or dark blue undersides. In The Dragonet Prophecy, it is said that the sun picks up glints of purple and deep blue on their bodies. The underside of their wings are speckled with silver scales, giving it the appearance of a night sky filled with twinkling stars, allowing them to fly at night without detection.

NightWing names are commonly made up of two words (for example, Mind-reader or Fate-speaker), although others are just made of one word (like Wisdom or Greatness).

(thinking I should add in info for the other tribes.)
---
#22 Posted: 23:32:29 06/01/2015
I guess it's ok but I do like to be somewhat unique cause nightwing a are still a tribe. Anyway I would like to know the powers of the nightwing
---
POPSMARTS!
#23 Posted: 23:40:06 06/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, Reverse0456, the Nightwings
are said to have powers such as telepathy, invisibility, and the ability to see visions of the future, but this has been proven false, but there is an exception, Moonwatcher, whom appears in book 6 and beyond. This means that unfortunately, no known Nightwing has said powers
as of this RP. also, what I've meant as for powers is the three rare types of the dragons; Skywings with an excessive amount of fire (like Peril), Mudwings with fire-resistant scales, and animus dragons. Also, I should put that what animus dragons can do, is they can enchant objects to do various things. So far, an acceptable "power" would be an animus-enchanted artifact. you can be creative with what the artifact can do, but be careful, I may not accept it.

do you want to know about the other tribes?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:40:50 06/01/2015 by theuone
#24 Posted: 23:52:26 06/01/2015
The tribe is basically their species. The seven tribes are Skywings, Seawings, Sandwings, Mudwings, Icewings, Rainwings, and Nightwings. Skywings can breathe fire and are red or orange, Seawings can breathe underwater, see in the dark, create light with their glowing stripes and are blue or green, Sandwings can breathe fire, survive without water, poison enemies with the stingers on their tails, and are pale gold or white, Mudwings can breathe fire if warm enough, hold their breath for up to a hour, and have brown or amber scales, Icewings can breathe ice, withstand freezing temperatures, and are silver or pale blue, Rainwings can camoflauge their scales to hide, use their prehensile tails for climbing, and spit acid, and Nightwings can breathe fire, hide in shadows, and are a purplish-black color.
---
#25 Posted: 23:57:30 06/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(yeah, everything StormDragon21 said, thanks for the assistance smilie )
---
#26 Posted: 00:28:59 07/01/2015
OOC: Perhaps you could be a Nightwing, that doesn't live with his tribe?
---
LegendOfZelda Emerald Sparx Gems: 3787
#27 Posted: 01:05:39 07/01/2015
Name: Shademist
Tribe: Rainwing
Appearance: Often camouflages into the scenery and likes to be unseen, but is naturally pale green with teal speckles and bright red wing webs. Small stripes of orange, gold, and purple line her body.
Personality: Secretive with new dragons, finds it very hard to trust others. Completely loyal to the ones she considers friend.
Power: Natural Rainwing powers. Still learning to use her acid.
Additional info: As a Dragonet, Shademist was separated from her friends whilst traveling in the forest. Having an extremely bad sense of direction, she wandered away from her home, eventually ending up in a colder region. A traveling Icewing saved her from danger and she has been following him since.

Name: Hailstone
Tribe: Icewing
Appearance: Pure white except for a light blue stripe down his back. Light blue webbing on his wings.
Personality: Studious and hesitant, he is a natural traveler. Hailstone has a love for knowledge and waits for the right opportunity to intervene. He likes his personal space and doesn't usually hang around in groups.
Power: Natural Icewing powers. Can emit cold from his entire body.
Additional info: Hailstone is naturally colorblind, seeing only in shades of grey. He has gotten used to his vision, but he has a pair of goggles that help him see reds and greens. On a personal adventure, he found a Rainwing suffering in the cold. She was starving and lost, so he took her back to his home and nursed her back to health. She hasn't left him alone in 4 years. Very recently, he left his icy home to explore other places, the repetitive ice and snow boring him.

Is this all ok?
Hailstone's goggles come from a Sandwing animus that used the goggles to traverse through heavy sandstorms where visibility was almost zero. The goggle displays reds and greens in bright, vibrant colors to the wearer and sees through fog, sandstorms, and blizzards.

_I changed the age to fit more with the story, since 7 is pretty close to full grown. Unlike human- I mean Scavenger years
---
My avatar looks like crap because dark has a stupid 40KB size cap
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 23:08:30 13/01/2015 by LegendOfZelda
#28 Posted: 02:47:51 07/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Okay LegendofZelda, both are accepted.)
---
#29 Posted: 04:00:19 07/01/2015
OOC: Sweet. lol I kinda started thinking DnD when I was making my characters. Your lucky it wasnt 7 paragraphs lol
---
#30 Posted: 04:03:14 07/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Oh my, that might have been dreadful, but considering the stories I've read, I might have been able to handle it. What's DnD?)
---
#31 Posted: 04:10:04 07/01/2015
OOC: Dungeons and Dragons. The biggest, nerdiest roleplaying game ever
---
#32 Posted: 04:12:53 07/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Oh, i've heard many a thing about that.)
---
#33 Posted: 04:32:06 07/01/2015
OOC: Its zuper funz! haha. but anyways, on topic, theres nothing wrong with my characters, right? The goggles are ok?
I always wanted to play as a colorblind character
---
#34 Posted: 04:41:36 07/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Yeah, your characters are fine, you want the role of one of the open canon characters?)
---
#35 Posted: 05:05:42 07/01/2015
OOC: NNGGG I don't think I'm ready for that kind of responsibility. Maybe after the other three books make it to my library haha
---
#36 Posted: 11:47:50 07/01/2015
I'll be happy to be a nightwing without a tribe I like that idea
---
POPSMARTS!
#37 Posted: 11:55:40 07/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(Okay then, you'll just need to fix up your character sheet and you should be good.)

(And now for my first OC)

Name: Spaceseer
Tribe: Nightwing
Appearance: normal Nightwing appearance, some silver scales scattered on chest, wears a gold bracelet with black gems spaced evenly on it on his left foreleg.
Personality: Spaceseer is a curious dragonet, he likes to explore new places and meet new people. He is rather mischievous, in fact, he can question the meaning of the universe one minute, and pull a prank the next.
Power: nothing other than what is normal, although his bracelet is enchanted, allowing him limited telekinesis. (Can lift small and medium sized objects.)
Additional info: Other than his animus-enchanted bracelet, he doesn't know who his parents are, but it isn't the result of amnesia, he simply doesn't know.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:23:34 08/01/2015 by theuone
#38 Posted: 14:42:23 07/01/2015
New character, we need another Sandwing!
Name: Scorpion
Tribe: Sandwings
Appearance: Classic Sandwing, pale yellow, with a ring around one of his talons. Animus enchanted, although Scorpion doesn't know it.
Personality: Scorpion is incredibly grumpy, although there are reasons to his prickly personality. But once you earn his trust and become his friend, he will be loyal.
Power:His ring but he doesn't know it's enchanted, or what it can do.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:42:46 07/01/2015 by jennacat4
#39 Posted: 14:52:03 07/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(aye, another Scorpion. He's accepted. Also, what i meant by another Scorpion, is that if i was a Sandwing, that'd be my name.)
---
#40 Posted: 15:13:17 07/01/2015
OOC: awesome
---
#41 Posted: 17:39:21 07/01/2015
What kind of dragon do we need the most of?
---
#42 Posted: 20:47:42 07/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(I haven't seen any Mudwings or Skywings, I will bring in my own later, and in a day or two, I will begin the acceptance of the 'powered' dragons.)
---
#43 Posted: 20:48:50 07/01/2015
ooc: i really want to play right now haha. Im honestly excited
---
#44 Posted: 20:55:52 07/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(I posted this RP on the fifth, we can wait a couple more days before beginning.)
---
#45 Posted: 21:34:08 07/01/2015
Name: Phoenix
Tribe: Skywing
Appearance: A Skywing with a golden band around her horns. It is the only thing that doesn't melt on touch.
Personality: To be RPed. I find it easier that way.
Power: Normal Skywing powers, but she is also a fired Skywing. I'll wait for you to accept those kinds.
Additional Info: Her band is animus-touched, so it doesn't melt when it touches her.
---
#46 Posted: 22:14:49 07/01/2015 | Topic Creator
(okay StormDragon21, i'll wait to see if anyone else has a 'fired' skywing, however if they do, well, then the fun will begin, cause of the previously mentioned chaos.)

Name: Sparrow
Tribe: Skywing
Appearance: normal Skywing looks, he does however have a scar on his right wing from a flying accident.
Personality: Sparrow is rather hot-headed, meaning he is ready to charge into battle. However, after getting his scar, he has tried to think before acting, with limited success. He is also protective of friends.
Power: normal Skywing abilities
Additional info: he seems to have a Dreamvisitor.

Name: Flamingo
Tribe: Mudwing
Appearance: normal Mudwing looks, but her scales seems to have a bit more amber in them when the sun shines down on her.
Personality: she can often be found alone, and doesn't easily make friends. She also likes to explore places for animus-enchanted objects.
Power: may or may not have hatched from a blood-red egg; other than that, normal Mudwing abilities.
Additional info: again, may or may not have hatched from a blood-red egg, (may add to this part later).
---
#47 Posted: 22:33:44 07/01/2015
Could I be Gill instead of Coral?
#48 Posted: 22:36:36 07/01/2015 | Topic Creator
( To GigaCamo, you could be both, depending on whether or not anyone else wants one of the particular positions.)
---
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#49 Posted: 22:53:51 07/01/2015
What dragons do you reccommend I make? I think a MudWing is a must, but who else? smilie
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#50 Posted: 22:58:56 07/01/2015
Quote: theuone
( To GigaCamo, you could be both, depending on whether or not anyone else wants one of the particular positions.)

Sweet! It would be cool to use them both but I'll wait and see first.
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me