Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > My idea for Skylanders 5: Myth Breakers
Page 1 of 1
My idea for Skylanders 5: Myth Breakers [CLOSED]
JewelScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#1 Posted: 13:14:16 02/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Lets not be too hopeful that the gimmicks will stop , IMO I think each new game will introduce a gimmick. So this my idea for the next gimmick. I'm not saying we need another gimmick but hey might as well be more interesting than trap masters.

So my idea for a gimmick is Skylanders based on popular mythical creatures. These skylanders hold special abilities that make them more unique than trap masters with crystal weapons that can open gates or dual element swappers or oversized giants. The story can revolve on a new antagonist threatening to destroy skylands this enemy is a demonic mythical beast from centuries ago awakened and posses powers of all 10 elements. Only way to defeat it is summon the mythical creatures of skylands that stand a chance against it and its new army.

THE MYTH BREAKERS

FIRE

1-Nine Flames (based on Nine tailed fox with tails being on fire) Ability: gets element advantage in 9 zones except for zones where water element is stronger
2-Firestorm (based on Phoenix) Ability: Attacks K.O enemies when within zone where fire element is stronger

WATER

3-Lagoon Strike (based on Loch Ness Monster) Ability: Slows down all enemies automatically
4-Siren Call (based on siren with harp) Ability: Enemies fight enemies automatically for her affection

EARTH

5-Bullseye (based on Minotaur) Ability: Super Attack, every directed attack increases his hit power
6-Eyeclops (based on Cyclops) Ability: Can open any gate (wave 5 lol)

LIFE

7-Sasquash (based on Sasquatch) Ability: Levels Up super fast
8-Sprite Flute (based on nature Nymph with flute) Ability: Every area automatically changes so that life skylanders are stronger

AIR

9-Sky Scrape (based on Eagle griffon) Ability: Air traps do double damage
10-Thunder Fang (based on proper green snake like dragon) Ability: Automatically summons thunder storm that help take out enemies

TECH

11-Alloy (based on liquid metal reforming monster) Ability: Super defense, every directed attack loses power with each hit
12-Mind Shock (based on alien with laser guns and UFO) Ability: Allows edit: Tech traps to have no time limit

MAGIC

13-Sphinx Sphere (based on Egyptian sphinx holding magical sphere) Ability: Money achieved when using him triples
14-Pixie Dust (based on flying Pixie with pink hair and pouch filled with magical dust) Ability: Enemies induced to sleep automatically but wake up after a given time

UNDEAD

15-Bitter Bite (based on la chupacabra) Ability: Each enemy that dies, it gets health points for it automatically
16-Venom (based on Medusa) Ability: Enemies that physically attack her turn into stone automatically

LIGHT

17-Heavens Blade (based on wingless Valkyrie with two swords) Ability: She doesn't need to rest (edit: maybe for a given time maybe not)
18-Brave Light (based on winged white Unicorn) Ability: Player two or one's skylander element changes to light

DARK

19-Duskula (based on Dracula) Ability: Can walk through things by using his shadow
20-Moon Howl (based on Werewolf) Ability: In areas where dark element is stronger it cannot be hit , health cant decrease

Keep in mind that the reason for overpowered abilities is due to very challenging enemies and tasks!!

They're mythical for their 20 UNIQUE Abilities giving you a reason to buy them all IMO they can be a fresh experience

thoughts??

Edit: Obviously along comes areas where only Myth Breakers can accesses , areas filled with challenging tasks and enemies. The Myth Breakers act as a league of skylanders meant for greater challenges hence the OP abilities this could attract older players. And now to balance it all out I present to you my new idea

Myth Breakers can only activate their abilities in Myth Lands that only myth breakers can access filled with items and soul gems , these are regions bigger than zones or gates but have elemental gates/zones within them that only myth breakers of a certain element can access or take advantage of.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 15:04:17 03/01/2015 by JewelScratch
Bankes102 Green Sparx Gems: 287
#2 Posted: 13:32:17 02/01/2015
I don't know if they will go this direction, mostly because the game is intended for younger entry level gamers. If they were to add such things to the series I believe it would help bring life back to the game for older players. I do like your idea tho. The gimmick could be as simple as the new skylanders, not the need for something like swappers or trap masters. I know my kids were really into the giants for the same reason. They built them up to be so special and all they were, was larger than regular figures. Unfortunately they basically destroyed all that excitement making trap masters the same size.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 15:18:27 02/01/2015
All ideas for future Skylanders games belong in the Fan Fiction section.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Squid7201 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1139
#4 Posted: 15:42:19 02/01/2015
I absolutely love the idea, but i think that the mythical people are too OP.
---
"Do you see this! I'm bein repressed! The governments repressin me!"
Monty Python and The Holy Grail.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#5 Posted: 19:32:26 02/01/2015
Mind Shock and Heaven Blades are way too OP
Regardless, I love this idea
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#6 Posted: 19:37:01 02/01/2015
I can't see 20 different abilities working, unless this was a big expensive final upgrade (or soul gem) for it to work. But just out of the box, these abilities are way too OP, even for Skylanders

I also think they'd need a uniformed ability that would unlock content, otherwise, these aren't necessary purchases. Giants, Swappers and Trap Masters all unlocked areas, which held hats and soul gems and other bits for necessary completion (in some cases, a Skylander cannot achieve it's full potential unless a Gimmick 'Lander unlocks the soul Gem for it, which promotes purchase even more so)

They sound pretty cool tho - I've been waiting for some more mythical beast inspired Skylanders,
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Eternal Sunfury Blue Sparx Gems: 664
#7 Posted: 22:32:19 02/01/2015
It's cool. Might be in the wrong section but meh. Too OP but like the ideas a lot smilie
---
Remember before when I was talking about smelly garbage standing around being useless? That was a metaphor. I was actually talking about you.
JewelScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#8 Posted: 15:00:50 03/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Obviously along comes areas where only Myth Breakers can accesses , areas filled with challenging tasks and enemies. The Myth Breakers act as a league of skylanders meant for greater challenges hence the OP abilities this could attract older players. And now to balance it all out I present to you my new idea

Myth Breakers can only activate their abilities in Myth Lands that only myth breakers can access filled with items and soul gems , these are regions bigger than zones or gates but have elemental gates/zones within them that only myth breakers of a certain element can access or take advantage of.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me