darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Will Traps still be usable in Skylanders 5?
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Will Traps still be usable in Skylanders 5?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#101 Posted: 12:52:03 04/06/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
As revealed in //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=118441, the Traps will be usable in the fifth game. But they won't bring the Villains back. Instead, they will be used to boost power and elemental energy in Vehicles.

I'd argue that being able to use traps physically is one deliverable but having them function exactly the same as a physical figure is quite another. One one level, they met the requirement, but absolutely failed on the other. Bottom line, you ain't playing as villains...so as far as I care they did NOT bring the functional use of traps as originally developed so they failed. Anyone who thinks the fact you can put a trap into a portal means you meant the requirement regardless of what it does is sadly mistaken.

Also, fully expect the use of traps to disappear in #6 as this is just a token effort.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:53:25 04/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#102 Posted: 15:46:02 04/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: TheShadowDragon
As revealed in //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=118441, the Traps will be usable in the fifth game. But they won't bring the Villains back. Instead, they will be used to boost power and elemental energy in Vehicles.

I'd argue that being able to use traps physically is one deliverable but having them function exactly the same as a physical figure is quite another. One one level, they met the requirement, but absolutely failed on the other. Bottom line, you ain't playing as villains...so as far as I care they did NOT bring the functional use of traps as originally developed so they failed. Anyone who thinks the fact you can put a trap into a portal means you meant the requirement regardless of what it does is sadly mistaken.

Also, fully expect the use of traps to disappear in #6 as this is just a token effort.

I can understand the disappointment and frustration with not being able to play as/with the villains in SuperChargers (Broccoli Guy?!). However, if you look back at how long Toys for Bob was clearly tinkering with the code (for villains, Trap Masters, gates, etc.) before they shipped a Gold Master version of Trap Team and how that overlaps with Vicarious Visions' development cycle, I think there may not have been enough time to go through an try to incorporate that code into the obviously already under development SuperChargers. Depending on how complex the code was to integrate the villains, it could have added many weeks or even months to development for the new game, causing Vicarious Visions to miss the target delivery date fans have come to expect (and Activision likely demands).

It's not a great situation, but I'm happy that there's functionality there at all. With villains now a known quantity, it's very possible that they'll appear in the next Vicarious Visions outing (Sky 7?) and most likely in the next Toys for Bob Skylanders game.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me