Page 1 of 1
increased elemental power glitch
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#1 Posted: 21:25:39 28/12/2014 | Topic Creator
So.. i didn't understand how the elemental power stat increase works in this game. In previous games, all skylanders started with 25, and it increased as you added more skylanders of the same element to your collection. This time around, you still increase elemental power as you add more skylanders to the collection, but it seems that all the skylanders start at the same elemental power. Can someone confirm this?

Some of my skylanders elemental power stat caps at 60, some at 81 (i had assumed that those were the one wich have completed the heroics, but no so sure anymore), but then i put my series 2 Trigger Happy and see he have 95 elemental power (my fuzzy springtime Trigger Happy have caped at 81, so its not a thing for all Trigger Happy figres to have a superior elemental power. ). And my level 1 Swarm and level 1 Ghost Roaster, both not trained yet, have 88. Series 2 Jet Vac, also 88. Hex and Chop Chop (both series 2 versions) have 74 elemental power.

I'm confused, and don't understand how it works. Can someone help me? Do you guys understand?

Edit: After some testing and reseting thats what I found:
1)when I reset a character in Spyro's Adventure, that character would have 81 elemental power
2) When I reseted in Giants the character would have 95 elemental power
3) When I reseted the character in trap team or swap force, the character would have 60 elemental power

since 35 of elemental power comes from the skylanders collection, the data is as follows:

- Skylanders reseted (and/or possibly first played) in Swap Force or Trap Team have the normal base Elemental Power of 25
- Skylanders reseted (and/or possibly first played) in Spyro's Adventures have a base elemental power of 46
- Skylanders reseted (and/or possibly first played) in Giants have a base elemental power of 60

I found other values on my skylanders: 67 and 88
I don't know how these come to be, as they were not replicated in my tests

all the numbers I found are a 25 + (multiple of seven)
25 is the normal elemental power base, 7 is the number added for each new different skylander in a given element in your colection
The elemental power bonus from skylander collections cap at +35 with six skylanders added (the first, that dont add an elemental bonus, plus five different other skylanders). The messages continues to showing up saying that the elemental power went up when you add a new different skylander to you collection, but it stops at a bonus of +35.

so the glitch seems to be in some way linked to the programming of the 25 base elemental power and the 7 added for each skylander in the collection.
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:55:37 29/12/2014 by Psychomancer
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#2 Posted: 02:09:53 29/12/2014
That is some mathematical calculation, Psychomancer. I like it!
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#3 Posted: 11:00:07 29/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Skylander3112! LOL Good you liked that apparent randomness of the elemental power value was troubling me, so I got to start testing to try discover from where it came from!
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#4 Posted: 00:37:48 26/04/2015
You don't have to actually reset your skylanders or play them first in a game so they can get the extra elemental power from Giants .

If a character can be used in Giants, just change the ownership to the Giants game and when you put them back in TT they'll have 95 elemental power.
sometimes it's a little weird and you need to take ownership in TT first then go back to Giants and take ownership again . Even though it says you already own it.

I'm guessing Giants gives you more elemental power then SA because there was at least 2 more characters in Giants per element that could boost the stat.

I don't really think it's a glitch, though it's hard to tell what they mean or don't mean to do in these games coz they never release anything describing what they kept/ discarded .
But setting Elemental power in trap team To have a max increase from 7 characters to reach 60 seems pretty on purpose. Especially coz 3 of the elements didn't have 7 new characters this time around, so it's not like they only set it to increase with new characters.

I kinda feel it was their half assed attempt to give retro skylanders a little advantage. And it's not too bad considering with maxed out elemental power you do about 2/3 more damage in your element zone.

Also it kind of make sense that no Skylander can have above 95 elemental power by it self coz then they leave a 15 point gap to max it out that can be filled with a hat.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:49:25 26/04/2015 by wild_defender
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#5 Posted: 01:47:40 26/04/2015
Yep, I wild_defender is correct. Back when I micro managed a skylander's performance, I noticed these shifts in elemental power as well. Taking ownership in each respective game ensures you get exactly what is necessary in that game to maximize elemental power in that game.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#6 Posted: 15:55:56 28/04/2015
Quote: wild_defender
You don't have to actually reset your skylanders or play them first in a game so they can get the extra elemental power from Giants .

If a character can be used in Giants, just change the ownership to the Giants game and when you put them back in TT they'll have 95 elemental power.
sometimes it's a little weird and you need to take ownership in TT first then go back to Giants and take ownership again . Even though it says you already own it.

I'm guessing Giants gives you more elemental power then SA because there was at least 2 more characters in Giants per element that could boost the stat.

I don't really think it's a glitch, though it's hard to tell what they mean or don't mean to do in these games coz they never release anything describing what they kept/ discarded .
But setting Elemental power in trap team To have a max increase from 7 characters to reach 60 seems pretty on purpose. Especially coz 3 of the elements didn't have 7 new characters this time around, so it's not like they only set it to increase with new characters.

I kinda feel it was their half assed attempt to give retro skylanders a little advantage. And it's not too bad considering with maxed out elemental power you do about 2/3 more damage in your element zone.

Also it kind of make sense that no Skylander can have above 95 elemental power by it self coz then they leave a 15 point gap to max it out that can be filled with a hat.

I missed the days when the stats screen didn't factor in "filling with hats" D: Used to be it the bar only counted the passive boosts from heroics (and in giants, it didn't even factor in the ones from SA, with SA heroics, you could fill the crit PAST the cap, but the bar was the length it would be WITHOUT that last 5 heroics of crit... [all 5 retconned heroics were changed to give crit])

Edit: Great: now my purchase of hoot loop was in vain, I should've bought Double Trouble instead :S (to fill out mah Giants EP boost for muh spyro [its the only orange/green based magic skylander I don't own {except scarlet ninijini/royal double/s2 double/s2 spyro/punch pop}])
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:58:24 28/04/2015 by juarmo
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me