Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Subscriber [CLOSED]
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#1 Posted: 17:32:55 18/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok, so my idea is that you get a notification in your subscriptions bar when a darkSpyro user that you have subscribed to has made a topic. This way, if someone has a favorite user, they will get notified if that user that they have subscribed to makes a post. To prevent people from acting like youtube and saying, "Plz gimme subscribers", the amount of subscribers you have will be kept private and only you can see how many subscribers you have. TO subscribe to someone, you just have to go to your guest book, and click the subscribe button. ITs just a simple idea, and dark52, please consider putting it on the site. smilie
---
Spread those positive vibes
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 17:51:14 18/11/2014
Stalkerish. Even easier than searching topics by user.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Horsi Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#3 Posted: 12:37:06 19/11/2014
Yeah, I agree. Its creepy.

Watching every move 'your favourite user' makes, but this could relate to anyone, even if they're not your favourite user...
---
Look me in the eyes, and tell me I matter.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#4 Posted: 15:19:18 19/11/2014
*IF* someone *really* wanted this, the suggestion could be tweaked so that User A *MUST* Be on User B's friends list before User A can "follow" User B.

Not something I would use, but it could pretty easily be done without being all creepy-like. ;)
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#5 Posted: 07:37:31 20/11/2014
ehhhh...

could be bad if you got into a fight with a certain user and they decided to watch every post you made and harassed you about it

maybe im just thinking negatively
#6 Posted: 10:33:03 20/11/2014
More like they'd get a program to never see you attacking their opinions again. But I could see some users holding a grudge and watching the other, pretending to be a friend, only to get a thread with an argument to say 'Hey, didn't you say X thing before? You're now saying Y! Everyone look fallacy/turncoat!' or something along those lines.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#7 Posted: 16:28:41 20/11/2014
Quote: zer0dch
ehhhh...

could be bad if you got into a fight with a certain user and they decided to watch every post you made and harassed you about it

maybe im just thinking negatively

'meh, if you got into a "fight" with another user, you'd just take them off your friends list and they wouldn't be able to subscribe to you.

There's a handful of users here now who rabidly go through topic after topic looking for any excuse they can to try and pick a fight (and when they can't, then they just continue to drop their written feces all over the site, trying to start crap up again) - instead of blocking features folks are asking for because of a handful of bad eggs might abuse them, deal with the bad eggs who abuse them and let the rest of the folks use the site.
#8 Posted: 16:36:50 20/11/2014
Totally not implying anything at all, like the fact that people in Site Help usually are all over the site.
People are easy to fool behind a computer screen. Speak nice to that person you hate for a few months and as soon as they do something that they could get harassed over one would know. Heck, some problems with a now banned user got to offsite proportions because it was easier to badmouth that way. Too bad some users that still have accounts don't know any better.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me