Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Don't Starve! (Survival RP, Take Two)
Page 1 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Don't Starve! (Survival RP, Take Two) [CLOSED]
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8947
#1 Posted: 00:19:59 12/11/2014 | Topic Creator
"Say, pal, you don't look so good. You'd better find something to eat before night comes!"

These are the words you hear just before you awake. A feeling of dread washes over you as find yourself in the middle of a strange wilderness, bleak and unforgiving. Aside from the occasional twitter of a bird, it is dead silent, with no signs of civilization in sight. You're stranded. You have no recollection of how you arrived here, or any of the events that transpired prior. All you can recall is a single name lingering, nagging you in the back of your head:

Maxwell

The grumbling of your stomach alerts you; you need food. As you forage around, you encounter a host of other beings, all seemingly stranded, and you all share a peculiar commonality: everyone seems to know the name of this mysterious Maxwell fellow. Coincidence? Or is something bigger afoot? Either way, if you want to escape this dreary world and make it home alive, you will have to coordinate with these other unfortunate beings. Armed with little more than your wits, you must explore the landscape, gather resources, do science, and of course... don't starve.

Rules:
  • I am the GM
  • Typical RP rules, no godmodding, etc.
  • Try to keep your characters' power at a reasonable level
  • Maximum four characters per user
  • Feel free to cause your own events, but remember that I'm in charge of the major stuff like story progression and boss fights.
  • This is a very open and diverse world with many regions such as the swamp, the forest, the savannah, and many more, so don't feel restricted to just one area.
  • Swearing is allowed, but don't get excessive with it.
  • If you feel you must write a gory scene, please censor it with a spoiler.
  • Keep romance PG-13.
  • PvP is allowed.
  • No cannibalism. Not only would it make things too easy, but it's just plain sick.
  • Disclaimer: Having a mechanical character or one that otherwise would not have to eat will not excuse you from needing food to survive. Sorry, but that would just take away some of the challenge.

Due to the complexity of the source material, I'll explain the more important concepts as they become relevant.
If you are unfamiliar with Don't Starve and would like to learn about it, you can find the wiki here.
This RP will contain content from the Reign of Giants DLC, and a few from the upcoming Don't Starve Together multiplayer mode, with some tweaks here and there.
If you have any other questions, just feel free to ask

Character Sheet:

Name:
Strengths/Weaknesses:
Special Items (up to two): (optional)
Other?:
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:00:26 19/02/2015 by Skyhunter
#2 Posted: 00:36:17 12/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Name: Foxtail
Appearance: My avatar
Strengths/Weaknesses: He's perfectly comfortable eating raw meat, and his fur provides some insulation in the winter, but makes him more susceptible to overheating in the summer. He'll also have a problem on the night of a full moon...
Special Items: Foxtail's Revolver: A decently powerful ranged weapon that requires expensive-to-craft bullets.
Other?: None

Name: Treetop
Appearance: A picture of his species
Strengths/Weaknesses: He's got pretty high sanity and starts with Science Tier 1 crafting recipes pre-unlocked, but he's not much of a fighter, and he can't wear body slot equipment.
Special Items: Portal Gun: Places a pair of portals that act as non-sanity-draining wormholes. It must be recharged between uses, though.

Name: Lotus
Appearance: Similar to Foxtail, but with a few, more feminine characteristics, such as longer, lighter hair and a slimmer body.
Strengths/Weaknesses: Her natural charisma can charm some creatures into assisting her, and she's pretty quick. The downside to this being that she's a delicate little flower.
Special Items (up to two): Lotus Flower: What she uses to convince the native wildlife to help, and acts as a sanity-regen item. It wilts after a while, however.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:52:14 20/11/2014 by Skyhunter
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#3 Posted: 00:40:56 12/11/2014
Name: Skyward
Appearance: [User Posted Image]
Strengths: Can fly, breathe lightning, and survive in the cold
Weaknesses: Weak in close-range combat, can't swim, and overheats easily
Other: Communicates through telepathy

Name: Teslo
Appearance: [User Posted Image]
Strengths: Strong at close-range combat, can survive getting struck by lightning
Weaknesses: No ranged attacks, not very fast and can't outrun opponents.
Other: Shocks himself periodically
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:03:31 13/12/2014 by StormDragon21
EyeBrawler2014 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3429
#4 Posted: 02:21:08 12/11/2014
Can you use my characters from the first try?
---
Find me on Discord, I'm eyebrawler98#6720
#5 Posted: 02:46:42 12/11/2014 | Topic Creator
[Both accepted. Oh, and Austin, if you could be so kind as to go get your old character sheets for the convenience of the other RPers, that'd be great.]
---
#6 Posted: 05:00:26 12/11/2014
Name: Kigali
Appearance: An anthro grey fox wearing a black shirt, jeans, sneakers, and black gloves
Personality: Friendly and caring
Strengths: Melee combat
Weakness: Range
Other: Can get bored occasionally

Name: Virtu
Appearance: Anthro grey fox wearing a blue dress and white shoes
Personality: Caring to friends, but can get violent to enemies
Special Item: Couple's Photo- Raises sanity, but needs to recharge
Strength: Healing
Weakness: Combat

Name: Austin
Appearance: Brown haired, brown-eyed boy wearing a blue shirt, black sweatpants, and sneakers
Personality: Kind and benevolent
Special Item: Health Drive- Creates area of effect healing any teammate inside and poisoning enemies
Strength: Technology
Weakness: Sanity
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:29:37 13/11/2014 by EyeBrawler2014
#7 Posted: 00:22:23 13/11/2014 | Topic Creator
[Accepted. Did you mean to put Kigali as the first character, though?]
---
#8 Posted: 00:28:44 13/11/2014
((Yes, that was my mistake))
---
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#9 Posted: 13:52:53 13/11/2014
Name: Jenny Wakeman/XJ-9
Appearance: http://forums.na.leagueoflegen...chmentid=991527 or avatar
Strengths: Shapeshifting into many mechanical forms; somewhat superior intelligence.
Weaknesses, Water, Acid
Other: Programmed to be 16.

pbbbbt
---
you never saw me
#10 Posted: 14:18:01 13/11/2014
((Hi past-me!))
---
#11 Posted: 14:59:40 13/11/2014
((Hi))
---
you never saw me
#12 Posted: 17:33:53 13/11/2014
((Wanna talk?))
---
#13 Posted: 20:49:43 13/11/2014 | Topic Creator
[Accepted]

[I'll wait until the end of the day today, and if nobody else joins, we'll start. Other users may join later if they want.]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:32:35 15/11/2014 by Skyhunter
StalkerSnake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1926
#14 Posted: 16:41:18 15/11/2014
Name: Zane
Appearance: My avatar. I can send you some pictures if you want.
Strengths/Weaknesses: He is a highly skilled ninja. He is sometimes(and this means not always) able to use his elemental power, ice. Weaknesses? He does not have any "special" weaknesses. (He is not overpowered. He has almost the same weaknesses as humans.)
Special Items: A techno blade. <--- a sword that can hack into a digital system
Other?: 17 years old, he is a robot and kinda wierd sometimes
**** my english
tell me if something is wrong
---
Чем больше вы знаете, тем больше вы знаете
dinorang67 Gold Sparx Gems: 2409
#15 Posted: 22:37:12 15/11/2014
Ehehe... Skyhunter, is that a...
Tree Octopus?

Name: Wolfy
Appearance: My avatar, but no longer a robot.
Strengths/Weaknesses: He's really fast, his fur keeps him warm during winter, and Wolfy has natural survival instincts./Wolfy isn't the strongest dog, he can overheat in the summer, and his Sanity starts off... lower than adequate.
Special Items: Axil Surge- Lets Axil take over and makes Wolfy much stronger for a while, but leaves Wolfy's Sanity nearly drained.
Other: A wizard de-mechanized Wolfy and banished him from Freddy's until Wolfy could prove he could survive.
---
and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out a
#16 Posted: 00:01:43 16/11/2014 | Topic Creator
[Both accepted. Also, StalkerSnake, you misspelled "weird", but you did good other than that.]
[And, yes, Dinorang. That is, in fact, a tree octopus (The politically correct term is "squibbon".)]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:18:29 16/11/2014 by Skyhunter
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#17 Posted: 01:26:29 16/11/2014
Character Sheet:

Name:Chico
Appearance:
[User Posted Image]
Strengths/Weaknesses: Chico will usually put himself above others. He is sharp tongued, and can often come off as rude. He just wants to survive, no matter what happens to others.
Special item: none.
Other:
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:31:08 16/11/2014 by jennacat4
#18 Posted: 04:13:38 16/11/2014 | Topic Creator
[Accepted]
---
#19 Posted: 14:42:07 16/11/2014
OOC: Awesome. When will we be starting?
---
#20 Posted: 02:39:21 17/11/2014 | Topic Creator
[I'm gonna wait until tomorrow. I want to see if anyone else joins.]
---
#21 Posted: 05:49:04 17/11/2014
{Is this a full retake? I don't want to start this all over againsmilie
---
#22 Posted: 12:58:27 17/11/2014 | Topic Creator
[Don't worry, we'll pick up from where we left off in Forum Games, with Foxtail about to address the group. smilie]
---
#23 Posted: 21:34:21 17/11/2014
((I thought this was a retake of the other RP that never started))
---
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#24 Posted: 21:59:34 17/11/2014
Name: Russia/Ivan Braginsky
Appearance: http://images4.fanpop.com/imag...63-910-1660.jpg
Strengths/Weaknesses:
Strengths:
  • He's pretty strong, so that might come in handy
  • Has adapted to cold weather
  • His scarf can be controlled to grab things
  • He isn't easily scarred, though that might also be a bad thing too...

Weaknesses:
  • He's very likely to hurt or slowly torture anyone he doesn't like.
  • He doesn't really have much control over his murderous emotions either
  • He has a soft spot for Sunflowers
  • No matter what, he'll never take off his scarf, even if his life depends on it

Special Items (up to two): His scarf that he is able to control, and a metal pipe he carries around, or as he calls it, the Magical Metal Pole of Pain
Other?: Is this character ok? ^J^
http://hetalia.kitawiki.net/index.php?title=Russia
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
#25 Posted: 22:29:40 17/11/2014 | Topic Creator
[Accepted Prex]
[@Austin Well, it's sort of both. I started it up again in the Be Your Avatar topic in Forum Games, and then we decided it'd be easier to manage if we moved it here.]
[So to recap, the characters currently present in the group are Foxtail, Zane, Skyward, and Jenny, and if Kardonis and Shadme join, then Bowser and Dark Pit would be there as well. Anyway, I've stalled long enough, let's do this thing!]

"Um, thanks." Foxtail accepted the megaphone from Jenny, and clambered up on top of the boulder. He reared up onto his hind legs for a better view of the crowd, put the megaphone to his mouth, and spoke. *kzzzt* "Okay, testing, testing, can everyone hear me alright?"
---
#26 Posted: 22:33:18 17/11/2014
A little way away from the group, a lone individual found himself wandering, and soon the sound of the megaphone had been heard by him. The Russian man looked in the direction of where the noise could have came from, and soon made his way towards the noise. Perhaps he could find these people and find out where he was, and receive aid. If not, well, he could always have a little fun beating their faces in with the metal pipe he carried around. Either way, he would get some use in finding the group.
---
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#27 Posted: 22:39:00 17/11/2014
Name: Dark Pit
Appearance: My avatar.
Strengths: Skilled in combat, agile, sly/good at making plans, knowledge of surviving in the wilderness
Weaknesses: Not a team player, cannot fly
Special Weapons: Silver Bow (silver metal bow with a blue center, shoots arrows of light and can be split in two for melee), Dark Pit Staff (long purple and black techno-looking staff that's good for range)
Other:

Name: Shadmé
Appearance: http://shadowmewx.deviantart.c...my-FC-467906343
Strengths: Peacekeeper (loyal), skilled in combat, agile
Weaknesses: Is very sensitive, not much knowledge of surviving in the wilderness, cannot fly
Special Weapons: Asi̱mí Bow (silver metal bow with a red center, shoots arrows of light and can be split in two for melee), Hedgehog Claws (blades that go over a user's knuckles and excell in melee, sort of like the Wolverine's- this variant sports thin metal blades that fire shots that are tiny and weak, but travel and charge quickly over a long distance)
Other: I'll use her in first person, if that's okay. ^.^
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:16:47 11/12/2014 by ShadowMewX
#28 Posted: 22:48:40 17/11/2014 | Topic Creator
[Accepted.]
---
#29 Posted: 22:56:38 17/11/2014
Dark Pit rubbed his ears. The monster roaring had definitely toned down a bit. Now that he could think again, he took another glance at his surroundings. Everything seemed vaguely peaceful, and the only thing disturbing the land was the gathering of... well, everyone. Dragons, metallic humans, foxes... somehow, everyone could communicate and understand each other. It was all curious, but the dark angel was not intrigued. The only thing that would catch his attention would be if a brawl broke out. He hoped, for the sake of boredom, that it happened.
Suddenly, a screech made a chill go down the back of his spine as he looked up. Dark Pit realized the fox was holding a big cup-like object, and it was somehow amplifying his sound.
"Okay, testing, testing, can everyone hear me alright?"
Yeah, Dark Pit thought, but didn't respond. He just stood, arms crossed, and watched everything unfold.
---
#30 Posted: 02:23:16 18/11/2014
I was walking around the stange wilderness "Great, how did we get here?" I asked

"I have no idea" Ki said as he and his sister followed me

We walked until seeing the group "Look, its..." I said before Virtu ran over and hugged Dark Pit "Hi Dark Pit!" She said

Ki and I both walked over, embarrassed "Hey Foxtail" I said
---
#31 Posted: 02:57:00 18/11/2014
Dark Pit was totally unprepared for Virtu's "assault." He was already on edge enough, and to have something gripping his body without warning was enough for him to flare his wings, loosening his assailant's grip. He stumbled back, glaring the female fox down. He was about ready to pull a weapon, but he didn't think his opponent looked that dangerous. Despite that, he spat "What was that?! And how do you know me?" He was thoroughly tired of everyone knowing things he didn't.
---
#32 Posted: 04:24:22 18/11/2014
"I was just hugging you" Virtu said as she frowned

"You're in a couple video games back on Earth" Ki said as she rubbed his sister's back

"I'm sorry Dark Pit, you're my favorite character from Kid Icarus Uprising and meeting you is just amazing" Virtu said
---
#33 Posted: 20:21:17 18/11/2014
Dark Pit nodded swiftly, acknowledging their explanations. Benefits of having a video game, he supposed. "Fine. Do any of you know what's happening? All I remember is hearing Max-" he shut his mouth at that. Just because Maxwell had been the first thing he recalled after he'd awoken didn't mean anyone else knew about it. That'd be an unbelievable coincidence...
---
#34 Posted: 20:46:16 18/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Foxtail smiled at the sight of the brown-haired boy. It was pleasant to see a friendly face here, even if it did mean he was unfortunate enough to be trapped here as well. He waved to his old friend, and turned his attention back to the group. "Now, you're probably wondering: 'Where the hell am I, and how the hell did I get here?' Well, I don't have answers for either; I'm still trying to figure it out myself. All I remember was the name 'Maxwell'..." He paused briefly, awaiting the crowd's reaction, bracing himself for the worst.
---
#35 Posted: 20:53:57 18/11/2014
"Maxwell? I don't remember hearing that name" I said

Ki looked at Foxtail "Who?" He asked

Virtu shook her head no "We woke up in some forest" She said, she then put her hand on Dark Pit's shoulder "Are you ok?" She asked
---
#36 Posted: 02:45:10 19/11/2014
Skyward reeled back, stunned. 'This has got to be more than a coincidence.' she thought. 'It has to be!' She walked up to the robot, recognizing it as Jenny from the conversations the wizards sometimes had when they walked past her habitat. She enjoyed when they talked about it, as hearing them talking about the latest trends allowed her to piece together all of the fractions of conversations she heard about different cartoons and other stuff.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#37 Posted: 06:34:51 19/11/2014
Zane stared at Foxtail silently. 'Maxwell..?', he thought. Zane has heard the same name before, but why?

"Foxtail, I don't believe this is a coincidence. There must be a reason why we were brought here", the young nindroid told everyone. "You are not the only one who heard that name."
---
#38 Posted: 20:03:56 19/11/2014
I walked over to Jenny "Hey, I'm Austin" I said

Ki looked at Zane "It seems like me, my sister, and Austin are the only ones who didn't hear that name" He said
---
#39 Posted: 21:09:49 19/11/2014
"Don't touch me," Dark Pit said to Virtu warily. He walked around the edge of the crowd, getting a good look at everyone and everything. Something made him stop short, though. The fox with the loud voice said something about... Maxwell. There was no way that was possible. Had Dark Pit misheard?
His red gaze drifted to the white-clad character. "You are not the only one who heard that name," he was saying. Dark Pit stared at him. Was this serious?
---
#40 Posted: 23:41:08 19/11/2014 | Topic Creator
The desert fox was shocked at this revelation. Austin and his crew didn't seem to recognize the name, but surprisingly, most of the others had heard it before. In his years of experience, Foxtail had learned that occurrences much like this were rarely mere coincidences. Something fishy was definitely going on, and he knew he had to get to the bottom of it. "Well, whatever this means, coincidence or not, I think it's safe to say we could be here a while. We're gonna have to find food and gather resources if we want to survive. I say we split up into groups and explore, so that way we can get a feel for the land, see what we're up against. And of course, we should keep our eyes peeled for anyone else that might've got stranded here." And with that, the young fennec stepped down from his perch and handed the amplifying tool back to Jenny. "Thanks."
---
#41 Posted: 23:44:45 19/11/2014
The Russian man gave a small chuckle as he saw the group, "Privet!" He said to them with a smile as he approached, and noticeably taller than most of them in the group as well, "Any of you have at least little idea of where this place is?" he said, in a very thick Russian accent.
---
#42 Posted: 14:25:11 20/11/2014
Dark Pit rubbed his head as he listened to the fox. The creature did have a point- this was no ordinary adventure. Food and other resources were of the utmost importance.
Dark Pit saw something come up in his peripheral vision, and turned to see yet another newcomer. He spoke with an accent the angel had never heard. He sighed as he relayed the situation... again. "None of us have any idea," he told the young man. "But we're teaming up to gather resources since we'll be here who-knows-how-long."
---
#43 Posted: 22:11:28 20/11/2014
Ki looked at Russia "Hello sir" He said

Virtu looked at Dark Pit "Tell him how you feel" She thought, Virtu wanted to tell Dark Pit that she liked him
---
#44 Posted: 22:34:09 20/11/2014
"Might as well join your group then, I'll help best I can." He said with a smile. "I'm Ivan." He then said, using his human name rather than country name at first.
---
#45 Posted: 00:27:18 21/11/2014
sorry guys.

I always seem to try to join an RP but can never stay with it

you can just take me out or have someone else control my character idk
---
you never saw me
#46 Posted: 03:27:57 21/11/2014 | Topic Creator
[That's alright, I understand. It's hard to keep up with these things.]
[If anyone else wants to use Jenny, I won't count her toward your four character limit.]

Foxtail looked up appalled at the gargantuan Ruskie. Ivan certainly looked tough, so he would come in handy if they ran into trouble. "Nice to meet ya, welcome to the group" he said, introducing himself with a slight wag of his tail, and he proceeded to introduce the other members he knew the names of.

[Also, you may want to check the rules again, because I made a few updates.]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:49:49 21/11/2014 by Skyhunter
#47 Posted: 23:00:42 21/11/2014
Chico had been staying silent. "Maxwell," he muttered under his breath. That name - or place, perhaps, sounded faintly familiar. The dog narrowed his deep brown eyes.
---
#48 Posted: 00:52:35 22/11/2014
Skyward looked around. No way was she going to try surviving on her own. Someone must be friendly. She started walking toward the human with wings.
---
#49 Posted: 02:35:06 22/11/2014
Russia smiled, "Thank you, I will try best to " He said with a smile, and soon introduced himself to the rest of the group as well. Everything with everyone here seemed fine to him right now, as long as none of them acted like that damn America or that annoying England, then everything will be fine. He looked around the area a bit, hoping to get a idea of where they where.
---
#50 Posted: 03:28:05 22/11/2014
Virtu looked at Skyward "Hey" She said "How are you?"

Ki looked at Russia "Its nice to meet you buddy" He said as he held out his hand and smiled
---
Page 1 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me