Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
willie's wishing well [CLOSED]
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#1 Posted: 00:09:28 28/10/2014 | Topic Creator
post your results
i got luckier once and i got 55,000 coins. for some reason, i get the money prize pretty early and about 2-3 per month.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#2 Posted: 12:52:33 28/10/2014
People usually post their results when there's a new alter ego, as most people only throw in wish stones when there's a new alt to get. It's pretty pointless otherwise. Though many of us have thousands upon thousands of wish stones that we will never use, so it's not like it's a waste to use them...but just a waste of our time. I have thought about dumping some in to see if I can get some more B&Bs so I can get rid of a bunch of older houses (although I'm still way over in mabu, so it probably doesn't matter). If it wasn't for having to clear out the junk in my inventory, I might actually do it.

BTW, if you're only getting 55,000 gold, then I assume you're at a lower level, so your wish stone count probably isn't that high. Are you making sure to save around 200 stones a month for the alter ego? After that, any extras should go towards buying Hall of Legends. I wouldn't throw in any stones unless you're going for the alter ego at the beginning of each month. That is, until you reach a point of having enough Hall of Legends for all your Legendary Skylanders (which is quite a few, now). The only other case would be if there's a wishing weekend where you can have a chance for the past alts. But even then, I would probably advise making sure you keep your 200 for the next month's alt. Those weekends are usually on major US holidays, so some people even decide to wait until then to even wish for the alt (although some holidays, like Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekend, are very late in the month).
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:32:39 28/10/2014 by obidawsn
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 15:15:17 28/10/2014
...Unless you lack Legendaries entirely like me, in which case I just dump all wishstones I can to get the Alter Ego then go back to saving them up in case the Alter Ego weekend shows up.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#4 Posted: 15:59:57 28/10/2014
Quote: Bifrost
...Unless you lack Legendaries entirely like me, in which case I just dump all wishstones I can to get the Alter Ego then go back to saving them up in case the Alter Ego weekend shows up.

That is why I said "for all your Legendary Skylanders". There's definitely not a need to buy more than what you have. But there are a lot of Legendary Skylanders, so it may take a long time before you reach a point where you will never need to be concerned about buying any more. But, yeah, after the monthly alter ego, save as many wish stones as you can. If you have a Legendary Skylander that doesn't have a Hall, then buy one (if you have enough after getting the monthly alter ego). After that, just keep saving them for wishing weekends. You can gain 200 wish stones in a month if you start near the beginning of the month. I made that mistake for the first month or two or just throwing them in when I got them. But I decided to just not worry about getting the alt one month and save up for an entire month. I had enough to get the next month's alter ego not long after it was put in the well. After that, I just kept saving enough. Eventually, you'll reach a point, especially as you gain shrines, that you will gain a lot more wish stones in a month than you'll need. The hope, then, is that you can win the past alts in the well on wishing weekends. That may take a lot of wish stones, at this point.

That leads to the idea that wish stones aren't necessarily a dead currency, any more. It is for those of us who have all the alts. I had only missed a few and was lucky enough to win them all in the first wishing weekend. But now there are over a year and half's worth of alts for new players to get, and they seemed to have made it more difficult to get them. Having lots and lots of wish stones are good for those who haven't been around for a while. Now that there are so many, it would be nice if they provided some other way of them to win or gain them (other than buying them for 1500 gems). Or make it so that the more they need the more likely they are to win them in the well. And as they gain them, it becomes harder to win them. Not really sure the best way for that.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me