Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Amiibo topic!
First | Previous | Page 35 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Amiibo topic! [CLOSED]
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1701 Posted: 21:00:01 30/04/2015
so i came in here to discuss amiibo and

[User Posted Image]

what on earth

well

um

i've had no luck getting any of the new ones yet

lol

*fades back into obscurity*
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7379
#1702 Posted: 22:08:53 30/04/2015
Quote: IsisStormDragon

[User Posted Image]

what on earth

well

um

lol

Perfect GIF.

I ordered a Japanese Lucina after Saturn.de delayed my order for an unknown length of time. Quite expensive, but I can afford it.

One more thing. *grabs near empty bag of popcorn and silently watches*
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:09:18 30/04/2015 by gillgrunt987
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1703 Posted: 22:11:47 30/04/2015
I got amiibo tap and tapped all my amiibo. Mario got me Punch-Out!!
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#1704 Posted: 22:40:46 30/04/2015
Quote: IsisStormDragon

[User Posted Image]

what on earth

well

um

lol

That gif seems pretty accurate....

Anyway, tomorrow is when the second shipment of Shulk Amiibo from GameStop are supposed to come out for those who pre-ordered.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1705 Posted: 22:47:41 30/04/2015
^Good to know.

Really feeling it.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1706 Posted: 23:18:02 30/04/2015
Yeah I'm done with you UncleBob, you're not even trying at this point to read what people are actually saying. It's like talking to a wall.

---------------

Anyway, I got ZSS and Dark Pit pre-ordered on GameStop.ie. I will cancel my ShopTo orders if the GS ones don't get cancelled.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1707 Posted: 23:37:12 30/04/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Yeah I'm done with you UncleBob, you're not even trying at this point to read what people are actually saying. It's like talking to a wall.

Do you often find yourself unable to make a sustainable, coherent argument against walls often? If that's the case, then yes, I recommend backing out of this discussion. :p
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1708 Posted: 01:13:00 01/05/2015 | Topic Creator
With my luck, I should probably preorder Dark Pit/Palutena before they become Unicorns. smilie

In other news, I've updated the OP a little bit.
#1709 Posted: 01:33:39 01/05/2015
Quote: UncleBob

Do you often find yourself unable to make a sustainable, coherent argument against walls often? If that's the case, then yes, I recommend backing out of this discussion. smilie

It's more like the walls can't make sustainable, coherent arguments at all.

Their indirect rambling can't even really be considered arguments. :I
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1710 Posted: 03:17:51 01/05/2015

You're like talking to an ignorant child who can't face that he's been proven wrong.
UncleBob has proven his point so many times, but because you're so argumentative, you keep throwing the same question back at him MULTIPLE times.
---
words. letters. filler.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:19:08 01/05/2015 by TacoMakerSkys
#1711 Posted: 03:30:19 01/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Can we just end this? It seems like the majority of people have backed out and yet people keep responding with insults for no reason. We've effectively taken up an entire page of just arguing, which I'd be fine with if it hadn't dissolved into throwing insults at each other. Everyone should just settle down.
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#1712 Posted: 03:33:22 01/05/2015
Do you think Yooka Laylee will release amiibo? One of the people working on it listed as a potential with dlcs, collector editions, other game add ons etc
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
#1713 Posted: 03:38:19 01/05/2015
Nah, I don't see third party games becoming amiibo, especially a small indie game that's targetting those who have been craving a traditional B-K game.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1714 Posted: 03:43:28 01/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Maybe with a sequel if they get good with Nintendo again. At the moment, I doubt Yooka-Laylee will get Amiibo. I'd love to see a custom one though!
#1715 Posted: 11:41:43 01/05/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

You're like talking to an ignorant child who can't face that he's been proven wrong.
UncleBob has proven his point so many times, but because you're so argumentative, you keep throwing the same question back at him MULTIPLE times.

He didn't prove me wrong on anything, he was arguing with arguments that weren't even mine MULTIPLE times.

Well I guess he proved me wrong on thinking I could hold an intelligent discussion with him and having faith that he wouldn't try to be an egoist the whole time, but that's about it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:42:42 01/05/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#1716 Posted: 14:00:08 01/05/2015
...and I was wrong on thinking we could ever move past your need to be an argumentative, primary-school-minded twit - just like you did in your initial reply to me. I should have went with my first instinct and never attempted to engaged you with reasonable discourse to begin with - but, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you wanted to actually have a discussion. Instead, you wanted to stomp your feet and ignore all logic, reasoning, and common sense, all in some kind of attempt to prove me wrong.

Well, you proved me wrong alright. You really are nothing more than your initial reply. I should have known better.
#1717 Posted: 14:48:13 01/05/2015
...and I was wrong on thinking we could ever move past your need to be an argumentative, primary-school-minded twit - just like you did in your initial reply to me. I should have went with my first instinct and never attempted to engaged you with reasonable discourse to begin with - but, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you wanted to actually have a discussion. Instead, you wanted to stomp your feet and ignore all logic, reasoning, and common sense, all in some kind of attempt to prove me wrong.

Well, you proved me wrong alright. You really are nothing more than your initial reply. I should have known better.

Quit talking about yourself in public, m8head. smilie

-----

Ganondorf, ZSS, Palutena, and Dark Pit were all just up on Amazon UK, but I think they're gone already. I managed to get Palutena and Ganondorf pre-ordered (I didn't need to try for Dark Pit and ZSS though since I got those yesterday on GameStop.ie). So I'm all sorted for the June Wave.

Now I just need to get Greninja and Jigglypuff ordered (somewhere besides ShopTo - I pre-ordered everyone there a while ago, but they are a bit expensive, so they're my last resort) and I'm all locked in for all of the upcoming ones until June.
---
#1718 Posted: 15:04:28 01/05/2015
Anyone want to order an amiibo off of TRU's UK website?

I have a coupon for £10 off £29.99 that I don't foresee using before it expires (May 10th). Reshipping fees from TRU's UK website are way too high, since I have to use a reshipper, as they don't ship to the US (heh).
#1719 Posted: 15:17:19 01/05/2015
Anyone want to order an amiibo off of TRU's UK website?

I have a coupon for £10 off £29.99 that I don't foresee using before it expires (May 10th). Reshipping fees from TRU's UK website are way too high, since I have to use a reshipper, as they don't ship to the US (heh).

They ship to Ireland, so I could probably make use of it. :V
---
#1720 Posted: 15:23:37 01/05/2015
You going to use it? If so, I'll PM it to you.
#1721 Posted: 15:28:24 01/05/2015
Yeah, I probably would actually. Never bought from them before, but if I can ever get new Amiibos off them I might use it for that. If not, I'd probably just buy a game or something. If I can't find something I want by the time it expires, I'll find someone who does want it or buy a birthday present for someone, or something like that.
---
#1722 Posted: 15:38:57 01/05/2015
Sent. Enjoy.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1723 Posted: 15:51:26 01/05/2015
Third party games getting amiibo? I don't really see it happening unless the company has good ties with Nintendo (e.g. Sega).

If North American consumers and European consumers have the same access to the same stock, then no one is getting screwed more than anyone else.

Claiming that NA folks shouldn't buy off of EU websites because NA gets more is flat out ridiculous. Like, it's so laughable, I can't even believe someone would propose it.

Think of it this way - New York City gets *far* more amiibo than what my sleepy little town in Carmi, Illinois does. Hell, NYC probably gets more amiibo than everything within a three hour drive from me combined. Hell, Nintendo World Store alone probably gets more amiibo than that. So, using this same logic, I'm going to say that *you* shouldn't be allowed to order any amiibo online because you're leeching stock away from the rest of us who don't have access to NWS. NWS won't ship *anywhere* (trust me, I've tried). So anyone with access to NWS should be restricted from ordering online.

Actually they kind of are. The population of the US, and popularity of amiibo, is much larger than many places in Europe. I feel as though if stock in Amazon.de was exclusive to Germans, for example, the preorders would last significantly longer. Even if they were for all of Europe, they may last longer than they would if open to the US and Canada. Meanwhile when a site like Amazon UK puts them up, they often vanish faster.

It's not that they shouldn't because NA gets more. It's that some parts of Europe, namely UK and Ireland, have just as bad if not worse stock problems than us. I'm perfectly ok with people ordering from Germany, France, and the like. Amiibo aren't as popular in those countries. But UK has a clear stock problem, and importing from them doesn't make it any better.

That comparison doesn't really work since NWS doesn't always get stock of rares, and when they do they announce it ahead of time to where there's a huge line of people camping out hours ahead (when they announced the retail exclusives and Gold Mario a few weeks ago, people were supposedly camping out as early as 12 hours before opening). And ordering online doesn't necessarily mean leeching stock away from smaller towns, since the stock from American sites are simply American stock; not New York stock or Illinois stock or North Dakota stock. Meanwhile taking from Amazon UK is specifically taking from British stock.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:53:35 01/05/2015 by CAV
#1724 Posted: 16:45:41 01/05/2015
Again, it's a global economy. If Nintendo wanted German amiibos to say in Germany, they could have region locked them. It's not like Nintendo is against region locking or anything. This idea of "British stock" is just crazy. It's a plastic toy, manufactured and shipped. Taking arbitrary boundaries (cities and states are okay to cross-buy, but countries are not?) and deciding that only the right kind of people should buy from a particular seller is just crazy to me.
#1725 Posted: 23:57:27 01/05/2015
That's not the point that I make. The point that I make is that the figures going to the UK are specifically designated to go to the UK, not get spread everywhere else. Of course everybody can use them, but the stock wasn't originally meant to go to NA.
#1726 Posted: 01:41:20 02/05/2015
Quote: CAV
The point that I make is that the figures going to the UK are specifically designated to go to the UK, not get spread everywhere else.

Source?
#1727 Posted: 01:45:29 02/05/2015
That's not the point that I make. The point that I make is that the figures going to the UK are specifically designated to go to the UK, not get spread everywhere else. Of course everybody can use them, but the stock wasn't originally meant to go to NA.

Then tell me why figures "specifically designated" for the UK are shipped all around Europe and the PAL regions with the same formatting.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1728 Posted: 03:22:28 02/05/2015
So... As my earlier post said, today the Shulk rerelease pre-orders were supposed to come out today. Mine still hangs in a pending status. Could just be GS dragging their feet and working through them with mine being a bit later down the line but.... still just want to ask to those who might be a bit more clued in on Amiibo news. Is there any new news regarding the reissue? Any reports of anyone's being shipped?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#1729 Posted: 03:49:59 02/05/2015
Quote: Seiki
So... As my earlier post said, today the Shulk rerelease pre-orders were supposed to come out today. Mine still hangs in a pending status. Could just be GS dragging their feet and working through them with mine being a bit later down the line but.... still just want to ask to those who might be a bit more clued in on Amiibo news. Is there any new news regarding the reissue? Any reports of anyone's being shipped?

They're delayed due to Nintendo still not sending the product out to Gamestop, and May 1st was confirmed to be a placeholder date by Customer Service reps.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1730 Posted: 03:56:20 02/05/2015
Quote: Seiki

They're delayed due to Nintendo still not sending the product out to Gamestop, and May 1st was confirmed to be a placeholder date by Customer Service reps.

Kinda figured it was a place-holder from the beginning, but at the same time figured we'd get a real date before we reached the place-holder, took it as possibly real date since never heard it being updated.

Thanks for the info though. A bit annoyed about the delay and Nintendo screwing around with their head up their ass again, but not really surprised. It may not have been good news, but still it beats waiting without knowing anything, so thanks.
---
#1731 Posted: 03:58:56 02/05/2015
Also to let you know, Port Strike is occurring again, so that may be the reason for Shulks not arriving on time to Gamestops Warehouses.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1732 Posted: 04:06:44 02/05/2015
Also to let you know, Port Strike is occurring again, so that may be the reason for Shulks not arriving on time to Gamestops Warehouses.

Awesome...

May have to try to find a way to change the address to a safer one as the one I ordered with is subject to change around July.
---
#1733 Posted: 05:44:18 02/05/2015

Then tell me why figures "specifically designated" for the UK are shipped all around Europe and the PAL regions with the same formatting.

Still EU. Not NA.
#1734 Posted: 06:34:45 02/05/2015
CAV, your goalposts are moving again.
#1735 Posted: 18:42:33 02/05/2015

And it's over.

Although, since it was the truckers who were going on strike and it only lasted four days, I don't think this wuld have delayed a supposed May 1st release. The figures would have to be shipped from the coast to GS's Texas wrehouse, then repacked and reshipped to stores across the country. I feel like that would have taken more than the four days this strike took. (I.e.: thy would have shipped out from the docks some time before this strike started).
#1736 Posted: 19:13:01 02/05/2015

Still EU. Not NA.

Yet they're also being shipped out to Australian markets since it's a PAL region also? You can't state that they were designed to go to just UK when they're being shipped to every PAL country/market out there.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1737 Posted: 19:58:37 02/05/2015
I apologize for making a comment specifically about the UK. But the stock is still designated for that PAL region, and not NA.

Importing is fine from countries with decent stock or low amiibo popularity. But taking stock from UK or Ireland (on specifically UK sites like Amazon UK) makes their stock problem worse. That's the point I'm making.

Why are you guys trying to justify taking stock away from a country that has it far worse than we do?
#1738 Posted: 20:09:32 02/05/2015
Story time:
Nintendo ships 100 Villagers to the US and 50 Villagers to the UK.
There are 200 people in the US who want a Villager and 100 people in the UK who want a villager.

Presuming that all 100 US people buy from the "US stock" and all 50 UK people buy from the "UK stock", then how many people end up with a Villager amiibo and how many people go without?
#1739 Posted: 20:11:48 02/05/2015
You guys need to start thinking in the long term. You're too hung up on silly metaphors and riddles that represent the immediate term.
---
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#1740 Posted: 20:35:22 02/05/2015
Story time:
There are 200 people in the US who want a Villager and 100 people in the UK who want a villager.

Presuming that all 100 US people buy from the "US stock" and all 50 UK people buy from the "UK stock", then how many people end up with a Villager amiibo and how many people go without?

And if they all imported not even those 50 could get them, your point is?
#1741 Posted: 20:47:28 02/05/2015
Quote: epicLLOYD
Story time:

And if they all imported not even those 50 could get them, your point is?

Well, that is the next step. If all 50 "UK stock" amiibo were to be imported into the US, how many people end up with a Villager amiibo and how many go without?

Basic math says, either way, 150 people get him, 150 people are out of luck. I don't see how you can tweak those numbers any other way.
#1742 Posted: 21:05:20 02/05/2015
I apologize for making a comment specifically about the UK. But the stock is still designated for that PAL region, and not NA.

Importing is fine from countries with decent stock or low amiibo popularity. But taking stock from UK or Ireland (on specifically UK sites like Amazon UK) makes their stock problem worse. That's the point I'm making.

Why are you guys trying to justify taking stock away from a country that has it far worse than we do?

Because we can.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1743 Posted: 21:39:36 02/05/2015

Wait... didn't you previously mention importng from UK? Or am I making that up?
#1744 Posted: 22:35:49 02/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Looks like Marth, Little Mac, and Villager are getting reprints.

New VS Old Marth
[User Posted Image]

New Marth
[User Posted Image]

New Villager
[User Posted Image]

Old Villager
[User Posted Image]

Mac looks the same. :P
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:36:35 02/05/2015 by LunarDistortion
#1745 Posted: 22:59:17 02/05/2015

And it's over.

Although, since it was the truckers who were going on strike and it only lasted four days, I don't think this wuld have delayed a supposed May 1st release. The figures would have to be shipped from the coast to GS's Texas wrehouse, then repacked and reshipped to stores across the country. I feel like that would have taken more than the four days this strike took. (I.e.: thy would have shipped out from the docks some time before this strike started).

They aren't getting shipped to stores though. The May 1st wave was WIS or online only. All pre-ordered Shulks are getting shipped straight to the person's doorstep.

A small technicality that likely doesn't change much, but one I wanted to point out.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:14 02/05/2015 by Seiki
#1746 Posted: 23:11:16 02/05/2015
Whoops - yeah, you're right. On both accounts. :D
#1747 Posted: 23:28:35 02/05/2015
not to offend anyone, but new villager looms like he has down syndrome.
#1748 Posted: 23:33:05 02/05/2015
wow... really?
#1749 Posted: 23:34:39 02/05/2015
wow... really?

Says the guy who launched a peaceful convo about toys into an all out flamewar over stock distribution, NA V EU, and other bullcrap.
#1750 Posted: 23:41:07 02/05/2015
New marth looks better. Wouldn't mind picking up one of those.
---
First | Previous | Page 35 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me