Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Amiibo topic!
First | Previous | Page 34 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Amiibo topic! [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1651 Posted: 00:52:38 29/04/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion

Just stop. Everyone.

Did you become the overlord of what we're allowed to talk about?

If so, what are you wanting us to stop talking about? amiibo shortages in genera? Or just the reasons behind them? Because I'd love it if folks would stop making snippy comments about "scalpers", when we've seen multiple times that they're not the issue.

Quote:
we've had this argument at least 3 times in the past and no one has changed their opinions,

Correct. I had hoped that this would open a few eyes though. Greninja had limited in-store preorders and the quantities were virtually announced (ten in most stores, no more than 20 per store) way before evil resellers ever had a chance to get the figures. Quantities this low simply prove what has been said for three waves now - Nintendo just isn't making realistic quantities. But even inspite of this evidence, some folks still want to complain about how scalpers bought 9/10 of the Greninja preorders...

Maybe when Waves 5 & 6 roll around...
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1652 Posted: 01:02:54 29/04/2015
Quote: UncleBob

Just stop. Everyone.

I agree with Lunarz that we should stop arguing; It's getting us nowhere.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#1653 Posted: 01:11:10 29/04/2015

Just stop. Everyone.

If so, what are you wanting us to stop talking about? amiibo shortages in genera? Or just the reasons behind them? Because I'd love it if folks would stop making snippy comments about "scalpers", when we've seen multiple times that they're not the issue.

Quote:
we've had this argument at least 3 times in the past and no one has changed their opinions,

Correct. I had hoped that this would open a few eyes though. Greninja had limited in-store preorders and the quantities were virtually announced (ten in most stores, no more than 20 per store) way before evil resellers ever had a chance to get the figures. Quantities this low simply prove what has been said for three waves now - Nintendo just isn't making realistic quantities. But even inspite of this evidence, some folks still want to complain about how scalpers bought 9/10 of the Greninja preorders...

Maybe when Waves 5 & 6 roll around...

Then just let them go on about their day and complain. It doesn't effect you in any way for them to do so does it?

What is desired to be stopped is the arguing over why the shortage exists. You keep going on about how it's Nintendo's fault. No one disagrees, others just feel there are other factors that contribute and may speak grievance towards those contributing factors. However, we all know where the root of the problem lies, no need to try and convince of it.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#1654 Posted: 01:26:43 29/04/2015
Quote: Seiki
Then just let them go on about their day and complain. It doesn't effect you in any way for them to do so does it?

One could easily apply that same statement to comments made by myself regarding Nintendo, correct?

You (generic you) are no more effected by me commenting about how shortages are on Nintendo than I am by repeated comments about resellers. If you (generic you) are annoyed by my comments, then you (generic you) can just let me go on about my day and complain. Everyone wins.
#1655 Posted: 01:40:18 29/04/2015

One could easily apply that same statement to comments made by myself regarding Nintendo, correct?

You (generic you) are no more effected by me commenting about how shortages are on Nintendo than I am by repeated comments about resellers. If you (generic you) are annoyed by my comments, then you (generic you) can just let me go on about my day and complain. Everyone wins.

It can be, unless said comments are made in reply to someone specific. In which case said comments are made towards someone and do effect them as it can be construed as an attempt to correct their statement which they made out of venting frustration over an unfortunate situation.

The second part is also true, which is one reason why I lurk as often as I do, only posting when I feel need to and ignoring anyone and any post I choose to. However, and going back to the above statement, when people feel someone is trying to correct them when unneeded or simply feel a comment is snide, others will be less inclined to simply ignore it than I am.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#1656 Posted: 02:51:57 29/04/2015
I concur.

The person I quoted/initially replied to hasn't even replied (I think) to this thread since. I replied to another poster and then had several others (not a part of the conversation) come out and reply to my comment - which I find great, as I think the point of forums are to discuss topics of mutual interest. But, apparently, they shouldn't do this. :(
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1657 Posted: 03:01:25 29/04/2015
I agree that Nintendo is mostly to blame for the shortage problem. However, it's difficult to say that scalpers, rabid collectors, paranoid collectors, and how retailers handle them don't have any sort of impact. They aren't the main problem, of course not. But they come together to make the original problem more apparent and worse.

Think of them as add ons, rather than the base.

Also just because people seem to miss it when I say it, I believe Nintendo is to blame for the shortage problems, and all other problems lead back to them.
#1658 Posted: 04:14:13 29/04/2015
Do leaky faucets on a sinking ship make things worse?
#1659 Posted: 04:16:47 29/04/2015
They aren't really faucets. Loads of people definitely overestimate the impact of these things, but I think you're underestimating it just a little bit. Scalping may not be as much of a problem as it used to be, with purchase limits being the norm now. But rampant importing, for example, can take stock away from others and make the problem worse elsewhere.

I agree with you that Nintendo is the biggest problem. But it's not like other things don't make even a slight difference.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:18:58 29/04/2015 by CAV
#1660 Posted: 04:33:12 29/04/2015
I just really, really don't see resellers being a major factor and the TRU issue on Monday pretty much falls in line. 10-20 per store is no where near enough stock of a freakin' Pokemon character.

I seriously hope stores will be getting at least three times that stock when it arrives in-stores, but if that's the case, I don't see why they're cancelling preorders for stores that accidently oversold.

To compare - my TRU presold 36 Lucario figures. We got 10 Greninja preorders.

This makes no sense to any sane person. Resellers simply aren't a significant factor when buyers can't even get them from the original source to begin with. At the point they're shipping 10-20 per store, I seriously don't even see the point of manufacturing them.

Skylanders is a bit of a smaller base than amiibo at this point. The Kaos trap shipped to most TRU stores at launch, with most stores getting 1-2 cases of 24 traps (24-48 traps total). Additionally, the Dark edition included a Kaos trap. Then, we had Kaos traps shipping 2/case of traps in (I think) waves 2 & 3. Later on, some other stores (walmart, I know) got some of the 24-pack Kaos traps. And it was near-impossible to get. And here we have Nintendo shipping half as many of just the initial shopment of Kaos traps of a Pokemon amibo to a single store?

But I digress. I guess we'll see Wave 5, when it all happens again.
#1661 Posted: 05:17:36 29/04/2015
I do agree that Toysrus' preorder event on Monday has little to nothing to do with resellers. Purchases were 1 per customer and the people that were ahead of me in line (and even those behind me) seemed more interested in the character and collecting than they did reselling online for profit.

Because of this, I don't make as much of a big deal about resellers being a part of the stock problem anymore. If anything, I would sooner point the finger to importers, and people who preorder multiples at home and overseas out of fear of their preorders getting cancelled (or in some cases, preordering overseas because they're simply too impatient to wait for us to get them; see wave 5).

Also that's rather interesting. I might argue that my TRU is set to get more Greninjas than Lucarios. We got a flat 20 of each character Monday (I assume 18 were given out because a couple of employees called dibs beforehand). Meanwhile, while Lucario preorder cards were on racks for days, on release day all Lucarios they got in stock were only for those who preordered, and I never saw him on store shelves myself.
#1662 Posted: 06:38:38 29/04/2015
Curious - do you know how many Lucario your TRU received?
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#1663 Posted: 08:46:01 29/04/2015
buying amiibo is ridiculous. Nintendo needs to do something about his and fast.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1664 Posted: 12:48:02 29/04/2015
Amazon UK just sold out of preorders for the next Wave + Greninja and Jigglypuff.

Got all that I needed, and secured my final Greninja.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:35:15 29/04/2015 by Matteomax
#1665 Posted: 14:02:42 29/04/2015
Quote: Matteomax
Amazon UK just sold out of preorders for the next Wave + Greninja and Jigglypuff.

Got all that I needed, and secured my final Greninja.

You imported? The amiibo shortage is all on you, man. Thanks.
:D
#1666 Posted: 14:34:49 29/04/2015
^Hey there. I didn't say it was all because of importing. Once again I think it's merely another issue that plays into the bigger problem (Nintendo's stock problems).

Curious - do you know how many Lucario your TRU received?

Unsure. All I know is when I arrived later that evening on launch day they only had stock set for preorders. I don't exactly go to it on a daily basis to see their stock but I never saw him on store shelves. The only time I saw him in person outside of when I picked him up was Nintendo World, where in both cases he was among the least demanded (in favor of Rosalina and Meta Knight).
#1667 Posted: 14:57:17 29/04/2015
Quote: CAV
^Hey there. I didn't say it was all because of importing. Once again I think it's merely another issue that plays into the bigger problem (Nintendo's stock problems).

It was a joke, thus the :D

Quote:
Unsure. All I know is when I arrived later that evening on launch day they only had stock set for preorders. I don't exactly go to it on a daily basis to see their stock but I never saw him on store shelves. The only time I saw him in person outside of when I picked him up was Nintendo World, where in both cases he was among the least demanded (in favor of Rosalina and Meta Knight).

Wait - how do you know that they had more Greninja than Lucario if you don't know how many Lucario they received? ::confused::
#1668 Posted: 17:33:56 29/04/2015
I didn't say I knew for a fact. But there weren't that many preorder cards for Lucario that day and many were destroyed when Toysrus realized their stock was too low. I can't see them having had more than 20 that day, and I've heard nothing at all about them getting more since.
#1669 Posted: 17:45:17 29/04/2015
I try not to import unless I feel it's my only option. Even then, I would never do so from the UK or Canada as I know they're not too well off in terms of stock either. Only import I've ever done is having a Japanese pre-order for Ike, Lucina, & Robin set for the end of July. When G&W and ROB finally come out, I'll try for one of each from the US, but if I fail to do so, then I'll import if I have to.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1670 Posted: 19:47:37 29/04/2015
I'm not jumping heavily back into the argument, but regarding importing.

Let's say, hypothetically, Nintendo perfectly stocked the UK for every single Amiibo consumer in the UK.

Now let's say US collectors imported half of that stock.

Despite Nintendo perfectly stocking for one region, half of the consumers in that region are still gonna be **** out of luck because people from another region decided to import anyway. And before it's mentioned, the majority of US importers don't do it because of low stock in the US. They do it because of impatience, because Europe put up pre-orders for a bunch of figures already, and are getting those figures earlier than the US - you can't say "US importers are only doing it because of poor stock" when we don't know the stock for those figures in the US.

Now obviously, Nintendo don't stock very well for any region - but the US probably still import a lot of the UK's stock, as well as other European countries.

In the hypothetical scenario I described, importers ALONE create the problem for people in the UK.

In reality, Nintendo are of course the primary problem - but to say the importers have nothing to do with it is absurd, they are definitely a secondary problem.

What's more, retailers like Amazon obviously would send data to Nintendo about where the higher concentration of orders are sent to - and it's quite likely that many European retailers actually send a lot of their stock to the US.

What this means is that the country with what is already the highest concentration of Amiibo stock is going to get more. And the place they imported from is going to get less and less. Because why would Nintendo keep up the stock they are sending to Europe, when they could send to the US, or Australia even (the latter was confirmed to have happened), since the US importers are gonna eat up all of the European stock anyway?
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#1671 Posted: 20:13:40 29/04/2015
I'd import from Japan if I could but I flat out never find any stores with them in stock or available for preorder at the time. And with Amazon still dragging their feet on preorders, the odds of me getting Robin and Lucina (the only two I care about in the wave I already haven't preordered now) are very low.
#1672 Posted: 20:34:41 29/04/2015
If Nintendo shipped 40 Marth amiibo to stores within the town of London and 60 people in London wanted them, so 20 of them drove over to Bromley and bought the twenty Nintendo shopped there, is it London's fault that people in Bromley can't get Marth?

We live in a global economy. No one complained for years when Europeans and Aussies would import games and systems from the US for cheaper games and more selection. At worst, Americans didn't care - at times, Americans would help our gaming brethren, hooking them up with product from the US. I've shipped a couple of Skylanders overseas when later waves just didn't get released at all (Series 2 Drobot, for example). I never considered this as dirty Europeans leeching our stocks.

The merchandise is for sale. People buying it are not the problem.
#1673 Posted: 21:26:37 29/04/2015
"Global economy"

You'd have a point if US retailers shipped to Europe (your example falls flat as it is a totally different situation). smilie

Seems to me it's more like a "one-way economy" with Amiibos...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:27:47 29/04/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#1674 Posted: 21:37:10 29/04/2015
Select US retailers do ship overseas.

Of note, some EU retailers DO NOT ship overseas and US consumers are using reshipping services to place orders.

And you dodged the question about London and Bromley.
#1675 Posted: 21:39:14 29/04/2015
We live in a global economy. No one complained for years when Europeans and Aussies would import games and systems from the US for cheaper games and more selection. At worst, Americans didn't care - at times, Americans would help our gaming brethren, hooking them up with product from the US. I've shipped a couple of Skylanders overseas when later waves just didn't get released at all (Series 2 Drobot, for example). I never considered this as dirty Europeans leeching our stocks.

I'm ignorant of the Skylanders situation, but many US retailers don't import amiibo to Europe, Australia, or Japan, or any items for that matter. In that field, it really is just one-way, with US and Canadian citizens importing figures from other countries, but those other countries rendered unable to import from us.

EDIT: The London example doesn't apply much here because it's all within a country/area, and isn't far off from people traveling from upstate or Jersey to get figures from Nintendo World.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:40:37 29/04/2015 by CAV
#1676 Posted: 21:48:49 29/04/2015
Select US retailers do ship overseas.

Of note, some EU retailers DO NOT ship overseas and US consumers are using reshipping services to place orders.

And you dodged the question about London and Bromley.

I didn't dodge the question, I directly shot it down. Allow me to do so in more detail.

It's an irrelevant hypothesis, as that situation is not the same as the UK to US one.

People can go from London to Bromley with relative ease. If they show up to the stores, they get sold the figures.

What the US retailers are ACTUALLY doing in real life is like if, in your hypothetical scenario, the Bromley stores wouldn't sell to any customer they knew was from London just because they are from London, even if they showed up.

Hence, as I said before, "your example falls flat because it is a totally different situation".

Also I would like to note that I don't have a problem with importing figures when they are already sold out in your area (I have hooked CAV up with Amiibos multiple times, and I just recently traded an Ike for a Gold Mario with a US guy). It's when you pre-order from foreign stores before you even attempt your own or before your own are available is when I get bothered, because again, we can't do the reverse.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:52:44 29/04/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#1677 Posted: 23:54:01 29/04/2015
So, let me get this straight:

A.) US consumers shouldn't be allowed to import because US businesses don't ship overseas.
B.) Absolutly no US-based businesses ship overseas.
C.) Every single European retailer ships overseas.
D.) Reshipping services don't exist for EU consumers who wish to purchase from US-based retailers.
E.) Buying from a different area is okay, so long as that area is within a set distance that is randomly determined by you.
F.) It's not okay to import an item that isn't available in the US yet (in spite of the fact that Europeans imported video games from the US for 30 years because they were delay-released in EU).
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1678 Posted: 04:40:29 30/04/2015
Jesus christ Sonic, shut your mouth. All you keep doing is picking fights with everyone, and UncleBob has made his point. Stop dragging it on and shut your mouth already.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1679 Posted: 12:18:23 30/04/2015
Quote:
A.) US consumers shouldn't be allowed to import because US businesses don't ship overseas.

I never said that (quit putting words in my mouth, if that's the best you can do in a debate, you may as well stop), I just said that it does indeed contribute to the shortage problems in our countries, and that it's frustrating, especially when US importers are trying to use the "MUH SHORTAGES" excuse when that clearly isn't even their reasoning anymore. It happens frequently enough to be a contributing factor, and it wouldn't be far fetched to think that we are already seeing less stock in the EU because of it (as we have had less and less stock each Wave.

Quote:
B.) Absolutly no US-based businesses ship overseas.

They do. But as far as Amiibo retailers go, I haven't found a single one. And even if I do, it's gonna be really expensive - shipping from US to other countries is an awful lot more expensive than the reverse. I know that from experience.

Quote:
C.) Every single European retailer ships overseas.

No, but the vast majority do. In contrast to seemingly no US retailers shipping overseas when it comes to Amiibos.

Quote:
D.) Reshipping services don't exist for EU consumers who wish to purchase from US-based retailers.

That's like saying "expensive eBay resellers don't exist for EU consumers who wish to import an Amiibo they can't find". Yeah, the option is there, but it costs a fortune. And we shouldn't have to resort to that in the first place, because we should be able to import from within our own region like the US can.

Quote:
E.) Buying from a different area is okay, so long as that area is within a set distance that is randomly determined by you.

I never said that. Again, you are taking something I said and completely twisting it's meaning. Again, very poor debating tactic on your part.

Quote:
F.) It's not okay to import an item that isn't available in the US yet (in spite of the fact that Europeans imported video games from the US for 30 years because they were delay-released in EU).

Once again, I never said that. I was merely shooting down the notion that US importers only did it because of their own stock shortages. That clearly isn't the case. I was also noting that it was part of our own shortage problems. I didn't say it wasn't OK (though it would be appreciated if you guys had a bit of patience - seriously, importing Wario? Importing Yarn Yoshi?), I said that it's part of our stock problems. Morality or ethics don't come into play there.

Also I HIGHLY doubt Europeans import US video games on average per month, compared to US importing Amiibos from Europe per month. Especially since video games can now be downloaded digitally (meaning there isn't any stock, it's an infinite resource), and since most Europeans don't speak English as their first language, if at all.

Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Jesus christ Sonic, shut your mouth. All you keep doing is picking fights with everyone, and UncleBob has made his point. Stop dragging it on and shut your mouth already.

Would you like some salt with your tacos? :^)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:19:18 30/04/2015 by sonicbrawler182
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#1680 Posted: 13:47:45 30/04/2015
If the supply issue is really that bothersome then everyone should just go to the Security & Exchange Commission and file a complaint with them. Assuming you can navigate American bureaucracy, of course. ^.^
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#1681 Posted: 14:06:25 30/04/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I never said that (quit putting words in my mouth, if that's the best you can do in a debate, you may as well stop), I just said that it does indeed contribute to the shortage problems in our countries, and that it's frustrating, especially when US importers are trying to use the "MUH SHORTAGES" excuse when that clearly isn't even their reasoning anymore. It happens frequently enough to be a contributing factor, and it wouldn't be far fetched to think that we are already seeing less stock in the EU because of it (as we have had less and less stock each Wave.

I wasn't aware that a consumer even needed an excuse in order to make a purchase.

Quote:
They do. But as far as Amiibo retailers go, I haven't found a single one. And even if I do, it's gonna be really expensive - shipping from US to other countries is an awful lot more expensive than the reverse. I know that from experience.

You haven't found a single one? Really?

How hard have you looked?

I just checked. It's a small, somewhat unknown website, but they ship to the UK. And the price + shipping was pretty comparable to to buying a common amiibo from the UK and shipping it here.

And you know from experience? So you've been leeching our US goods? How dare you!

Quote:
No, but the vast majority do. In contrast to seemingly no US retailers shipping overseas when it comes to Amiibos.

Eh... I haven't looked for amiibo, but I've purchased some Skylanders imported from UK. It hasn't been easy. Smyths, Tesco, Asda, Toys R Us - none of them ship overseas. There was a fairly common EU packed release that I tried everything I could to get a website based in Europe (in all of Europe) to ship and none of them would. Half the eBay sellers wouldn't even ship it (and the ones that did wanted crazy prices). Did, finally, manage to get it via eBay though.

Quote:
That's like saying "expensive eBay resellers don't exist for EU consumers who wish to import an Amiibo they can't find". Yeah, the option is there, but it costs a fortune. And we shouldn't have to resort to that in the first place, because we should be able to import from within our own region like the US can.

Import from your own region? How does that work?

Seriously, though, a lot of the people who are importing amiibo are having to resort to reshipping services *because* EU sites don't ship to the US. In fact, there was a thread on reddit the other day about a bunch of people who used one particular reshipping service who had their orders cancelled by the seller.

Quote:
I never said that. Again, you are taking something I said and completely twisting it's meaning. Again, very poor debating tactic on your part.

You said it was okay for London residents to buy from Bromley, but not US residents to buy from UK. What is the imaginary criteria for when it is okay to purchase an item from a different location?

Quote:
Once again, I never said that. I was merely shooting down the notion that US importers only did it because of their own stock shortages.

"I never said that. I just brought it up for reasons". Yeah. Gotcha.

Quote:
Also I HIGHLY doubt Europeans import US video games on average per month, compared to US importing Amiibos from Europe per month. Especially since video games can now be downloaded digitally (meaning there isn't any stock, it's an infinite resource), and since most Europeans don't speak English as their first language, if at all.

Over the past 30 years, when the US would get games months (sometimes years) in advance of a EU release (and, historically, cheaper), importing from the US was fairly common. You might research the history a little. Importing from Japan has always been king for everyone (for the same reason - they get stuff quicker), but, as a fair amount of people in EU *do* speak English (in comparison to Japanese), it makes more sense for them to import from NA. I've been in this game longer than you've been alive - and I've helped a couple of people overseas get a game or two on occasion (just as they've helped me on the rare occasion - like my UK copy of Mario Kart: Double Dash that I bought *just* to try the LAN feature crossed with a US version. Hint: it doesn't work). Language isn't a barrier for many. Now, if only I could find someone in France to ship me a copy of the Louvre Tour Guide. ;)
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#1682 Posted: 14:28:23 30/04/2015
Importing from Japan is much better than importing from the U.S imo. They hardly know what an amiibo shortage even is from my experiences, although Sakurai himself complained once a while back due to a shortage of Meta Knight. Better to have a shortage of one than a shortage of a ton, I guess.
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#1683 Posted: 15:59:22 30/04/2015
The FE14 boxarts have been updated with the amiibo logo, so there's almost certainly going to be amiibo compatibility. The logo is also on the White Kingdom/Hoshido boxart too.

[User Posted Image]
---
You can't handle MEMES
#1684 Posted: 16:34:08 30/04/2015
UncleBob, it's clear talking to you is like talking to a robot with pre-determined responses, as you seem intent in deluding yourself into thinking I'm saying things I'm not even saying, or just twisting my words wherever you can.

I'm not going to discuss any further if you are intent on doing that. It's impossible to discuss anything with you, your replies don't even feel like replies to my posts despite you quoting them.
---
#1685 Posted: 16:39:26 30/04/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Cool your jets. Nobody here is really fighting per say; just a fairly heated debate.

And Brawler didn't even make the initial comment that started all this. Just saying.

I just checked. It's a small, somewhat unknown website, but they ship to the UK. And the price + shipping was pretty comparable to to buying a common amiibo from the UK and shipping it here.

Even if he did try to import from there, the inevitable wave 4 preorders will be gone in minutes. So even if every store in the US allowed importing to Europe and elsewhere, the rabid Americans will still sell the whole thing out even faster than European sites do, meaning they get screwed no matter what.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:42:11 30/04/2015 by CAV
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#1686 Posted: 16:39:45 30/04/2015
amiibo touch and play out in Europe.
#1687 Posted: 17:17:08 30/04/2015
I got amiibo Tap, so far I have:

Link: Super Metroid (I think)
Kirby: Metroid (I think)
Yoshi: Kirby's Adventure
Sheik: Kirby Fun Pak (Already have Super Star Ultra on DS)
Fox: Super Mario World
Ike: Super Mario

How many amiibo Tap games are there, and how many amiibo are there? Looking at the scrolling screen of games on the menu, it looks like there's much more amiibo than games.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#1688 Posted: 17:39:26 30/04/2015
Quote: Qcumber

How many amiibo Tap games are there, and how many amiibo are there? Looking at the scrolling screen of games on the menu, it looks like there's much more amiibo than games.

Not sure on numbers, but I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be considerably more Amiibo than games.

During the direct it was said the game an Amiibo gives is random, so 2 Mario Amiibo could give 2 different games. It would rather suck if there were a large number of games as it would require obtaining a large number of Amiibo along with several doubles in hopes of obtaining every game. As it is now, it is a lot easier to obtain every game and still not have to have a full set of Amiibo.
---
#1689 Posted: 17:46:27 30/04/2015
Quote: CAV

Even if he did try to import from there, the inevitable wave 4 preorders will be gone in minutes. So even if every store in the US allowed importing to Europe and elsewhere, the rabid Americans will still sell the whole thing out even faster than European sites do, meaning they get screwed no matter what.

How do you know the Wave 4 Pre-orders will be gone in minutes? I mean, after all, we don't know what the NA stock is going to be like and thus it's unfair for NA people to import from EU before NA product even goes on sale, something, something...

Yeah, I thought that was a pretty dang weak argument too.

If North American consumers and European consumers have the same access to the same stock, then no one is getting screwed more than anyone else.

Claiming that NA folks shouldn't buy off of EU websites because NA gets more is flat out ridiculous. Like, it's so laughable, I can't even believe someone would propose it.

Think of it this way - New York City gets *far* more amiibo than what my sleepy little town in Carmi, Illinois does. Hell, NYC probably gets more amiibo than everything within a three hour drive from me combined. Hell, Nintendo World Store alone probably gets more amiibo than that. So, using this same logic, I'm going to say that *you* shouldn't be allowed to order any amiibo online because you're leeching stock away from the rest of us who don't have access to NWS. NWS won't ship *anywhere* (trust me, I've tried). So anyone with access to NWS should be restricted from ordering online.

Completely ridiculous, eh?

That's how I feel about this idea that NA consumers shouldn't order from EU sellers. It's one of the most asinine things I've ever heard proposed.
#1690 Posted: 18:07:44 30/04/2015

Not sure on numbers, but I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be considerably more Amiibo than games.

During the direct it was said the game an Amiibo gives is random, so 2 Mario Amiibo could give 2 different games. It would rather suck if there were a large number of games as it would require obtaining a large number of Amiibo along with several doubles in hopes of obtaining every game. As it is now, it is a lot easier to obtain every game and still not have to have a full set of Amiibo.

I thought two amiibo couldn't unlock the same game?
---
You can't handle MEMES
#1691 Posted: 18:20:50 30/04/2015
Quote:
That's how I feel about this idea that NA consumers shouldn't order from EU sellers.

That wasn't even my argument.
---
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1692 Posted: 18:49:01 30/04/2015
The FE14 boxarts have been updated with the amiibo logo, so there's almost certainly going to be amiibo compatibility. The logo is also on the White Kingdom/Hoshido boxart too.

[User Posted Image]

Why is everyone overlooking this?
#1693 Posted: 18:57:45 30/04/2015
Quote:
That's how I feel about this idea that NA consumers shouldn't order from EU sellers.

If you insist, lemme rephrase:

It's asinine to blame manufactured product shortages on people from one area buying from another area becuase they are having a hard time getting the manufactured product in their own area.

Better?
#1694 Posted: 19:03:23 30/04/2015
Quote:

If you insist, lemme rephrase:

It's asinine to blame manufactured product shortages on people from one area buying from another area becuase they are having a hard time getting the manufactured product in their own area.

Better?

It's asinine to believe they are the root of it, but it's not asinine to believe they have a noticeable effect. The facts speak for themselves.
---
#1695 Posted: 19:13:15 30/04/2015

I thought two amiibo couldn't unlock the same game?

From the Direct I got the impression it was 100% possible to buy 5 different Amiibo figures and them all to potentially unlock the same game. Likewise, it is also possible to buy 5 Smash Mario Amiibo and them all to unlock different games.

What a given figure unlocks is entirely random, but is somehow set by a given figure not by character but by something in the chip. The single figure can only unlock one specific game, but there's no way to know what game it'll be until you buy it and scan it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:15:24 30/04/2015 by Seiki
#1696 Posted: 19:20:33 30/04/2015
It's asinine to believe they are the root of it, but it's not asinine to believe they have a noticeable effect. The facts speak for themselves.

If ten people want ten amibbo and there are only ten made, the net result is zero . It doesn't make a lick of difference where those ten people are from. 10-10=0, in any country.
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#1697 Posted: 19:24:51 30/04/2015
I will import to secure a hunt. Why should I risk myself and limit my options to just NA? And if I dont get the NA ones well I wont get any cause EUR ones are already gone. It's better than having to pay more to a local scalper. Haters gonna hate, self preservation will always be my choice. If someone needs to lose, I'll obviously make sure it isn't me.
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
#1698 Posted: 19:36:45 30/04/2015

If ten people want ten amibbo and there are only ten made, the net result is zero . It doesn't make a lick of difference where those ten people are from. 10-10=0, in any country.

Well yeah, all stock runs out eventually. But having people from abroad get involved early on (in some cases before the people in the country in question) means the people within the country are much more likely to miss out.

Also, the sales data influences Nintendo's production going forward. If EU retailers are shipping all of their stock to US importers before EU users even get a chance to get involved, then Nintendo is going to start cutting shipments to the EU in favour of sending it elsewhere.

And don't even try to deny this. It was confirmed to happen with Shulk, Meta Knight, and Dedede. It can be traced back even earlier if you live in the UK or Ireland or a similar country, too.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1699 Posted: 20:07:55 30/04/2015
Jesus Christ. I came for am
amiibo info, and I get this argument bullcrap. Calm down!
#1700 Posted: 20:46:27 30/04/2015
Well yeah, all stock runs out eventually. But having people from abroad get involved early on (in some cases before the people in the country in question) means the people within the country are much more likely to miss out.

Does it matter *who* gets the amiibo? Are people within one imaginary boarder more worthy than another?

Quote:
Also, the sales data influences Nintendo's production going forward. If EU retailers are shipping all of their stock to US importers before EU users even get a chance to get involved, then Nintendo is going to start cutting shipments to the EU in favour of sending it elsewhere.

8 To the US and two to Europe still equals ten.
First | Previous | Page 34 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me