Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Amiibo topic!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Amiibo topic! [CLOSED]
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#101 Posted: 15:24:23 31/12/2014
Quote: HIR
I have Kirby, Yoshi, and the SREECHY Fox (god his voice sucks). I also pre-ordered King Dedede and Shulk, but that's all I'm interested in. *shrug*

You mean Slippy?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#102 Posted: 16:07:08 31/12/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
Target systems Are showing fox and samus as discontinued.

quoting for page 3.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#103 Posted: 16:37:22 31/12/2014
They need a random amiibo.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#104 Posted: 20:18:21 31/12/2014
I spent about an hour calling every store near me, and after doing that and checking all the sites, I found out there's not a single major retailer in my state that has the Pit amiibo in stock. That's not an exaggeration there. Nintendo REALLY needs to figure out how to ship these things correctly, and they can start by first shipping a few boxes of amiibo other than Mario, Link, and Pikachu.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#105 Posted: 21:42:59 31/12/2014
I have Mario, Pikachu and Yoshi for the time being.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#106 Posted: 21:57:25 31/12/2014
I pre-ordered a King dedede, i can imagine he might get discontinued.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#107 Posted: 22:20:50 31/12/2014
I pre-ordered a King dedede, i can imagine he might get discontinued.

i think out of wave 3 bowser kdd and sonic will be easy to get but just to be safe i preorderd sonic and bowser will also preorder lucario if i can find the card in stories and preorder mega man when i get money
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:21:16 31/12/2014 by Skylanders fan
#108 Posted: 22:40:07 31/12/2014
Sonic is probably rare because he is 3rd party.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#109 Posted: 23:20:32 31/12/2014
Ike, Sonic, and Dedede are the rares, I think.

Some stores have a limit of a certain amount of pre-orders per person, per character. With most characters, it's 2 or 3 per person. With those three, it's one per person.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#110 Posted: 00:22:17 01/01/2015
Well good thing i did mine!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#111 Posted: 01:36:08 01/01/2015
Ike is going to be the most rare out of Wave 3. Bowser will be one of the common ones, so don't worry about preordering him. I suggest preordering Ike, Sonic, Megaman, and (possibly)King Dedede.
---
words. letters. filler.
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#112 Posted: 12:45:18 01/01/2015
Meta Knight is the only one that's out of stock in pre orders in the UK so he might be rare, which is a shame because he is my most wanted one because he is my main. ;-; I hope he becomes back in stock soon.
BeBoss Green Sparx Gems: 443
#113 Posted: 19:06:10 01/01/2015
What amiibo should I preorder from wave 3?
---
My friend code for the 3ds is 3024 - 7878 - 9881. Let's play!
#114 Posted: 19:08:08 01/01/2015
Ike..
BeBoss Green Sparx Gems: 443
#115 Posted: 19:09:24 01/01/2015
---
My friend code for the 3ds is 3024 - 7878 - 9881. Let's play!
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#116 Posted: 20:01:42 01/01/2015
Quote: BeBoss

If you're collecting and you want them all, Shulk, Ike, Sonic, and Dedede should be your top priority.

Toysrus recently put all wave 3 amiibo for preorder (obviously excluding the exclusives) and they all had limits. But while most characters (even Lucario) had a 2 per customer limit, those three had just 1. Seeing how Captain Falcon and Pit also have those limits, it's safe to assume that those three figures will be the rares of wave 3.

Shulk will definitely be rare since Gamestop is only planning to order enough figures to fulfill preorders. Then it's rumored that they'll order one more shipment, list those as preowned, and then that's it. No more Shulk. They'll do the same **** as they did with his game.

And while there's no way to tell, Best Buy is currently messing up with amiibo, street dates, and preorders. So Meta Knight should also have an eye kept on.

Lucario is pretty much safe since Toysrus will be loaded with him. And while preorders for Rosalina are gone, now there's a slight idea that she too will be in high stock (since TRU and Target tend to stock heavily with exclusive toys).

Quote: somePerson

Doesn't explain why Megaman is possibly going to be common (judging by preorder limits).

My thought is that Sonic will be rare and in limited quantities because Sega will try to make their own amiibo line for an upcoming Sonic game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:02:56 01/01/2015 by CAV
#117 Posted: 21:31:46 01/01/2015
According to the gaemstawp app, my local store has pit and captain falcon. i'll try to go tomorrow.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#118 Posted: 22:48:50 01/01/2015
According to the gaemstawp app, my local store has pit and captain falcon. i'll try to go tomorrow.

I've tried this. Apparently, that stock is preorders that haven't been picked up yet. I went into one asking about Pit since it showed up as having stock at that store, that was the answer I got. They won't give out someone's preorder, at least for a while anyway.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#119 Posted: 23:01:09 01/01/2015
It looks like Amiibos and DI are tied with both having 18 products in the Best Buy top 50 charts= and Skylanders only having 14.
[User Posted Image]

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/12/a...-in-popularity/

In other news, I found this on Skylanderdad's other channel.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:18:19 01/01/2015 by somePerson
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#120 Posted: 23:53:50 01/01/2015 | Topic Creator
In response to the SkylanderDad, Amiibo's aren't specific to SSB4, they can be used in tons of other games. Just because one use isn't very kid friendly in your opinion doesn't mean that they aren't made for everyone.
#121 Posted: 23:55:48 01/01/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
In response to the SkylanderDad, Amiibo's aren't specific to SSB4, they can be used in tons of other games. Just because one use isn't very kid friendly in your opinion doesn't mean that they aren't made for everyone.

They aren't specific to any game but the Wii U itself.
#122 Posted: 00:08:49 02/01/2015

[User Posted Image]

New 3DS also comes with a built in NFC sensor in the bottom screen. Smash 3DS is confirmed to get amiibo support later this year so it's safe to say future 3DS games may use the figures as well.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:09:19 02/01/2015 by CAV
#123 Posted: 00:47:30 02/01/2015

WAT..
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#124 Posted: 01:11:33 02/01/2015 | Topic Creator

WAT..

Well, I guess there is some data for Amiibo's we don't know about. I hope we can find some more. This also means that there are going to be Amiibo's of unlockable fighters.

I'll add Duck Hunt to the unknown wave section of the OP.
#125 Posted: 01:13:40 02/01/2015
Also, the villager and marth amiibo will be reshipped to TRU for 2015.

http://www.thetanooki.com/2014...per-smash-bros/
#126 Posted: 02:02:52 02/01/2015
Quote:
I'll add Duck Hunt to the unknown wave section of the OP.

You may as well add every Smash fighter, as it was confirmed a LONG time ago that every Smash fighter is getting an Amiibo:

http://ie.ign.com/articles/201...ustom-figurines

CTRL + F, "That's the plan", to find the quote in question quickly.

Also that video above is simply a case of someone hacking an Amiibo for it to read as a different character. It works because every Amiibo figurine in the Smash line-up can be reprogrammed to function as a different character FP. The foundation for every character's Amiibo data is already on the disc of the game.
---
#127 Posted: 04:03:34 02/01/2015
Quote: CAV
Quote: BeBoss

If you're collecting and you want them all, Shulk, Ike, Sonic, and Dedede should be your top priority.

Toysrus recently put all wave 3 amiibo for preorder (obviously excluding the exclusives) and they all had limits. But while most characters (even Lucario) had a 2 per customer limit, those three had just 1. Seeing how Captain Falcon and Pit also have those limits, it's safe to assume that those three figures will be the rares of wave 3.

Shulk will definitely be rare since Gamestop is only planning to order enough figures to fulfill preorders. Then it's rumored that they'll order one more shipment, list those as preowned, and then that's it. No more Shulk. They'll do the same **** as they did with his game.

And while there's no way to tell, Best Buy is currently messing up with amiibo, street dates, and preorders. So Meta Knight should also have an eye kept on.

Lucario is pretty much safe since Toysrus will be loaded with him. And while preorders for Rosalina are gone, now there's a slight idea that she too will be in high stock (since TRU and Target tend to stock heavily with exclusive toys).

Doesn't explain why Megaman is possibly going to be common (judging by preorder limits).

My thought is that Sonic will be rare and in limited quantities because Sega will try to make their own amiibo line for an upcoming Sonic game.

They're not even selling pre-owned amiibos. Just because they did it with his series game, doesn't mean they'll do the same for a ****ing figure.
---
words. letters. filler.
#128 Posted: 04:04:45 02/01/2015
Quote: CAV

[User Posted Image]

New 3DS also comes with a built in NFC sensor in the bottom screen. Smash 3DS is confirmed to get amiibo support later this year so it's safe to say future 3DS games may use the figures as well.

There are already a few 3DS games that support the current amiibos that are coming out/are out already.
---
words. letters. filler.
#129 Posted: 18:15:22 02/01/2015

cute...
#130 Posted: 22:12:18 02/01/2015
Sorry for DP but if you pre-ordered any amiibo from TRU.com, it's probably cancelled! they're at it again.

Also, rosalina pre-orders will be back in stock online before feb 1st, confirmed by ask target twitter! I don't really care about rosalina anyway. But what i do care about....Is VILLAGER.
#131 Posted: 22:49:19 02/01/2015
Quote:
They're not even selling pre-owned amiibos. Just because they did it with his series game, doesn't mean they'll do the same for a ****ing figure.

This isn't a biased assumption CAV is making (he hasn't touched Xenoblade so there is no bias there). A GameStop manager anonymously came out and said this. This is the same GameStop manager that revealed the official release date for Smash Wii U a while before Nintendo did, among other kinds of information that turned out true. So while it is a rumour right now, it's from a credible source.

They also don't intend to sell him used. Back when Xenoblade was exclusive to GameStop, they re-packaged them as used as that was the only way to inflate the price of the game. They don't even need to do that for Amiibos - retailers are allowed to sell merchandise for a higher price than normal if it's considered rare. They don't even have to jump through any hoops.

Just look up the prices of rarer Amiibos on Amazon, even they are doing it.
---
#132 Posted: 22:53:19 02/01/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote:

This isn't a biased assumption CAV is making (he hasn't touched Xenoblade so there is no bias there). A GameStop manager anonymously came out and said this. This is the same GameStop manager that revealed the official release date for Smash Wii U a while before Nintendo did, among other kinds of information that turned out true. So while it is a rumour right now, it's from a credible source.

They also don't intend to sell him used. Back when Xenoblade was exclusive to GameStop, they re-packaged them as used as that was the only way to inflate the price of the game. They don't even need to do that for Amiibos - retailers are allowed to sell merchandise for a higher price than normal if it's considered rare. They don't even have to jump through any hoops.

Just look up the prices of rarer Amiibos on Amazon, even they are doing it.

Amazon itself isn't inflating it's MSRP price. It's third party sellers that are selling them for a higher price.
---
words. letters. filler.
#133 Posted: 23:04:38 02/01/2015
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ninten...villager+amiibo
---
#134 Posted: 23:21:24 02/01/2015

It's a third party seller. Fulfilled by amazon means they're a trusted seller that Amazon helps throughout the selling process.
[User Posted Image]
---
words. letters. filler.
#135 Posted: 23:43:40 02/01/2015
Well it doesn't make a difference either way, as other sites/retailers have also been inflating rare Amiibo prices. It's something that has no restriction on it.

Point is, if you want Shulk and you live in the US, either you have him pre-ordered already, or you're gonna have to import, or pay an arm and a leg for him when GameStop starts selling him again.
---
#136 Posted: 23:47:25 02/01/2015
I'll try and reserve him at my local gamestop store, if i even can.
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#137 Posted: 00:07:46 03/01/2015
Suggest a wave 3 character to pre order!
#138 Posted: 00:12:43 03/01/2015
Well it doesn't make a difference either way, as other sites/retailers have also been inflating rare Amiibo prices. It's something that has no restriction on it.

Point is, if you want Shulk and you live in the US, either you have him pre-ordered already, or you're gonna have to import, or pay an arm and a leg for him when GameStop starts selling him again.

It does make a difference as your stating that Amazon itself is inflating the price, when they're not. It's their third party sellers. It works the same way as eBay Buy It Now works.

I already have him pre-ordered so smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#139 Posted: 00:17:27 03/01/2015
Quote: epicLLOYD

Ike, Shulk, Rosalina/Luma
#140 Posted: 00:59:07 03/01/2015

Ike. He's going to be the rarest of the non-store exclusive wave 3 figures.
---
words. letters. filler.
#141 Posted: 02:11:14 03/01/2015
Nextw eek i'm gonna get diddy kong and pre-order Ike and Shulk.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#142 Posted: 02:21:13 03/01/2015
is the villager still out in the wild? or are the only choice ebay and resellers at amazon?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#143 Posted: 03:35:44 03/01/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
is the villager still out in the wild? or are the only choice ebay and resellers at amazon?

Only news on restocks on Villager is that US Toys R Us recently put it back into the system, with customer service giving a restock date of February.
---
words. letters. filler.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#144 Posted: 14:16:12 03/01/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Only news on restocks on Villager is that US Toys R Us recently put it back into the system, with customer service giving a restock date of February.

good to hear i need a villager.. there is a new animal crossing game coming for the wiiu soon.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#145 Posted: 16:16:52 03/01/2015

Maybe smaller sites/stores certainly (I know a local shop in Manhattan that had Falcon and Marth for $30 each), but the big retailers in the US aren't really allowed to do that. TRU got away with charging a dollar extra but that's as far as you'll go. Amazon themselves charge the standard $13 when they have the figure in stock. Fulfilled by Amazon only really means that the retailer has a "seal of approval" and has items eligible for free shipping. Otherwise there's little to no relation to Amazon themselves.

Ike, Sonic, and/or Dedede. They have the most proof to be rare out of all the wave 3 so far (while not being store exclusive). If you want to include store exclusives, you should also keep an eye out for Shulk and Meta Knight. Pre-orders for Shulk are just about gone now unless your local GS still accepts them in store, but Meta Knight isn't completely gone.

You can always import. Amazon Germany still carries the rares (as amiibo aren't as well known or popular there). And while it's more expensive to buy and ship than it would be to normally buy the figure in the US, it's still a much better alternative to paying scalper prices.
#146 Posted: 16:36:52 03/01/2015

YES! YES! YES!
#147 Posted: 22:26:16 03/01/2015

good to hear i need a villager.. there is a new animal crossing game coming for the wiiu soon.

It shouldn't really matter to you since this restock is only confirmed for the US right now, and you're in a different country smilie It was also pretty obvious there was another AC game in development since we got the upscaled HD models from every villager in New Leaf in the form of Animal Crossng Plaza.
---
words. letters. filler.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#148 Posted: 22:34:00 03/01/2015
I just got a Diddy Kong and a Kirby. They're amazing looking.
Fly Spyro Fly Green Sparx Gems: 446
#149 Posted: 22:57:29 03/01/2015
I got Yoshi and Mario... hard to train but really cool

Cannot find villager or Wii fit trainer ANYWHEREsmilie

BTW if you want to brawl with me dm and I will give you my NNID
#150 Posted: 23:23:35 03/01/2015
Quote: Fly Spyro Fly
I got Yoshi and Mario... hard to train but really cool

Cannot find villager or Wii fit trainer ANYWHEREsmilie

BTW if you want to brawl with me dm and I will give you my NNID

I'd import from amazon.de

i already have a WFT so
First | Previous | Page 3 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me