Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Request for clearer rules [CLOSED]
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1 Posted: 15:07:43 26/10/2014 | Topic Creator
So, everyone said it but the topic didn't last, why not another attempt at keeping this relevant.
The rules need to be updated, that's known for a while. We need clarifications on a lot of things and why they warrant post deletion/temp ban/permabans and which one does which. For example, how offtopic does it take for it to be removed as offtopic? Is trolling just any blunt,destructive criticism or actual attempts to annoy and harass a user? And on that, how far does the harassment have to go for it to warrant bans?
Compared to other forums I visit, these rules are kind of behind the times, even when the site still gets frequent updates everywhere else and new smilies are always showing up. Doesn't even take a big reunion with the mods(though not like they can help much), just some examples of how far is too far or the minimum it takes for the rule to take effect is a good start.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 15:15:47 26/10/2014
Harassment shouldn't go on for several months, that only allows it to escalate way out of porportion, like the Kappa incident (which I hope it doesn't happen yet again). The trolling and harassment should stop the moment it starts. If a mod suspension doesn't work and the user doing the trolling/harassment continues, an immediate admin suspension/ban should be placed.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:22:54 26/10/2014 by Aura24
#3 Posted: 16:39:21 26/10/2014 | Topic Creator
And can't forget board-specific rules, too. Trading merch is more important in the Skylanders toys and merch section than in,say, Video Games, but in which ones it should be allowed?
What kind of content can Fanfictions have without breaking the rules?
How inappropriate is too inappropriate in Stuff and Nonsense?
It's a lot of 'don't do X's in the rules which everyone does and gets away with, it'd be better to have a lot of 'you can do X as long as you don't go past Y limit'.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:39:38 26/10/2014 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 16:54:32 26/10/2014
Advertising the trading Skylander cards and allowing big-time, special users to advertise their videos/content should be added in as an exception to the "Do not advertise" rule.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#5 Posted: 17:09:56 26/10/2014
I fully agree with this. There needs to a huge rule revision.

Considering all the crud that happened with Unclebob getting away with the whole Greasemonkey thing. Everyone would be confused if they do not know what they can and can't do. Like where is the no boundary?!
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#6 Posted: 17:15:41 26/10/2014 | Topic Creator
No boundary except you can't criticize him for it. THEN you can tell your posts goodbye.
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#7 Posted: 17:30:17 26/10/2014
Well that is simply poor social skills. If you can't criticize any user on their thinking, then how are they gonna know that is there is easier and better way to handle things?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me