Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > Trading/Advertizing Rule Revisions (Stop Derailing Topics BTW)
Page 1 of 1
Trading/Advertizing Rule Revisions (Stop Derailing Topics BTW) [CLOSED]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#1 Posted: 01:06:59 19/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I know the last topic regarding a revision got derailed and shut down horribly. But I would like to see some up to date rules on the site. Since Dark is allowing people (well some) to Trade and advertise on certain degrees that leave some users rather confused.

See the rules aren't entirely specific about what you can and can't do. And at some sections the rules are laid out a little differently. Like in Stuff and Nonsense, spam to a degree is allowed, but we're not sure what kind of a degree though. While sections like fanart, have no section specific rules, or at least that feeling of it. Like are people allowed to post other fan's art without permission or only the users who made the artwork can post them?

Can you guys see what I am saying here? Could their be a little revision to the rules so we know what degree of things are allowed in certain sections? Along with giving sections their mini set of rules?

Please do not take this out of proportion. It's a suggestion. As in it can be ignored or not. Please do not drag drama on to it. Drama is not needed in this or any topic.

CREDIT: TRIX MASTER 100
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:36:13 19/10/2014 by JCW555
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 01:12:15 19/10/2014
Don't forget about swearing being allowed if properly censored,even if the rules clearly state that's a no-no. I don't mind if it's censored nicely,but at least that part could be changed to reflect the mods' stance.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 01:49:44 19/10/2014
Bifrost: This topic is about the rule on trading (see the topic title). Please don't derail the thread again.

Anywhoo - I would love to see a wholesale revision of the advertising rule to allow for Buy/Sell/Trade of Skylanders(/Spyro) merchandise on a single forum. As dark said in the trading card trading thread - those threads have existed on here for years without incident. As far as I know, we had no issues come up with the Sidekicks trading. The Fire Bone Hot Dog thread went really well, considering folks were trading off figures that were going for $100+ on eBay at the time. Many, many sites have successful trading forums - and, so long as the rules are such that it is made clear that all trades are done at the user's risk, I don't foresee there being any issues with having a single forum for Buy/Sell/Trade.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 20:21:19 22/10/2014
But the old topic (which you derailed) was about revisions of the forum rules in general, Bob. JCW just added only Trade/Advertising words to the topic title while he copied Trix's words from the other topic that also mentioned about possible rule revisions regarding Fanart and such.

There could be a slight revision on the advertising rule, like pointing out that certain users can freely advertising their content as long as it's revelant.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:22:22 22/10/2014 by Aura24
#5 Posted: 22:40:13 22/10/2014
Quote: Aura24
But the old topic (which you derailed) was about revisions of the forum rules in general, Bob.

Since you brought it up (and, somehow, it isn't considered derailing *this* thread)... My reply was also about a revision to the forum rules. It was the next post that derailed the thread by turning it into personal attacks.

Quote:
There could be a slight revision on the advertising rule, like pointing out that certain users can freely advertising their content as long as it's revelant.

It's not about "Certian People". Anyone on this forum is welcome to participate in trading cards and the select Frito Lay figures.
#6 Posted: 22:44:21 22/10/2014
Quote: UncleBob
Quote:

It's not about "Certian People". Anyone on this forum is welcome to participate in trading cards and the select Frito Lay figures.

I was talking about advertising videos, bids, channels and such.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#7 Posted: 23:00:05 22/10/2014
Posting a video about Skylanders isn't advertising (or even advertizing). I'm glad folks like to come to a Skylanders forum and share their creative works about Skylanders.

Tell me this - is having links to a deviant art profile in your signature/guestbook and posting art from your deviant art profile not the same as linking to one's Youtube channel and posting content from it?
#8 Posted: 23:04:12 22/10/2014
Quote: UncleBob
Posting a video about Skylanders isn't advertising (or even advertizing). I'm glad folks like to come to a Skylanders forum and share their creative works about Skylanders.

Tell me this - is having links to a deviant art profile in your signature/guestbook and posting art from your deviant art profile not the same as linking to one's Youtube channel and posting content from it?

That does count as advertising, but that's not what I'm talking about. You forget that there are some users who will outright post their youtube channel/webpages on topics that aren't even revelant to their advertisements. Like...

"Hey check out my channel please! Like and subscribe!"

"Hey guys can you please like and watch my Skylanders page on Facebook? (page link)"
---
#9 Posted: 23:07:51 22/10/2014
Those should be reported.

And you just admitted to knowingly breaking the rules in every single post you make. Gotcha. Although, considering the mod who started this thread also breaks the rules in every post he makes (also not derailing since it was already brought up in this thread).
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#10 Posted: 23:11:25 22/10/2014
Will you stop already?
Advertising trades should be kewl.
Advertising LP channels/sites/shops as an entire topic or post is not.
Having LP channels in signatures should be kewl(you're not taking thread space).
If you're posting for the sake of having it seen? Spam.
And it'd be nice if people stopped arguing with Bob because that's a death sentence for the thread when he feels like arguing, or he gets a rise out of someone.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:12:15 22/10/2014 by Bifrost
#11 Posted: 23:21:44 22/10/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Will you stop already?
Advertising trades should be kewl.
Advertising LP channels/sites/shops as an entire topic or post is not.
Having LP channels in signatures should be kewl(you're not taking thread space).
If you're posting for the sake of having it seen? Spam.

This, so much. That's what I was talking about.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me