Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Wait, I need iOS 7?? [CLOSED]
ninjastarr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1759
#1 Posted: 21:16:07 16/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Apparently the new update needs iOS 7.1 to work properly. That sucks for me, since I'm stuck with a 4th gen iPod. But I still tried to download it after I got the message asking if I wanted to download an older version. After what seemed like forever for it to download, still had the Pop Thorn icon. Opened LI and I'm stuck in a loading screen paradox. Hope that they come up with something to help out me and our old gen Portal Masters
---
smilie Lower the BOOM on you! smilie
deviantART and Tumblr username: ninjastarrdaxeno
Bobbinator Green Sparx Gems: 315
#2 Posted: 03:12:48 17/10/2014
did the same on my grandsons game on the 1st gen ipad. now the magic sanctuary is missing, it wasn't before. Guess that game isn't going any further on things, only leveling up and then it will eventually be dead. Hope not. Not buying a new tablet just for this game.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#3 Posted: 13:56:36 17/10/2014
Yeah, 7.1 is required. 7.0 isn't good enough, I upgraded my son's phone (it's my old iPhone4 without cell service, so essentially an iPod Touch now that we can add pay as you go if he needs cell) last night so he could play it. It stinks, but Apple does things in the OS that makes maintaining old OS support becomes a bit challenging.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#4 Posted: 14:04:03 17/10/2014
It's not surprising. Even in the PC world (whether Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) , in order to run the new versions of games, you had to have a set version of the operating system and minimum system requirements. You can't expect a piece of technology to continue to play the newer games (which is ultimately what this is...just think of it as an expansion that needs newer minimum requirements than the same old game).
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#5 Posted: 16:15:35 17/10/2014
I had to finally upgrade my iPad to 8.0 so I could play this. Apparently I almost never download updates and was using 7.0 previously.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
ninjastarr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1759
#6 Posted: 20:13:39 17/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah, but the bad thing about this is after all of this, I can't play LI at all because I'm stuck in the loading screen. Guess this is goodbye to LI... *sobs in corner*
---
smilie Lower the BOOM on you! smilie
deviantART and Tumblr username: ninjastarrdaxeno
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me