Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Search for Topics By User [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 02:20:43 12/10/2014 | Topic Creator
That should be a feature. A mean, some people "Google" movies by their actors' names. Why shouldn't it be the same for darkSpyro members and topics?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2 Posted: 02:33:19 12/10/2014
While that IS technically a feature many forums hosted on dedicated servers like Zetaboards or Invisionfree have, it's really unusual. Between being able to search for topics by name, and the subscription feature, you shouldn't need to search for a user's topics. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#3 Posted: 05:10:12 12/10/2014
Quote: Crookshanks
No.

I consider it to be stalkish. And creepy. >.>

Most message boards have this as a standard feature.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#4 Posted: 09:32:53 12/10/2014
Quote: Crookshanks
Quote: zer0dch
Most message boards have this as a standard feature.

I don't care.

I still consider it to be stalkish/creepy, personally.

Its been a standard forum feature in most versions of phpbb, IPB, and vbulletin since at least 2005. Although, I think dark has already denied this feature several times...

No offense, but you may just be a little paranoid on this one.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:34:58 12/10/2014 by zer0dch
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#5 Posted: 12:45:23 12/10/2014
No, he isn't. 'It exists somewhere else' isn't a valid reason, and it IS in incredibly stalkerish.

Let's say, you're allowed to search for every post Aura ever makes. It's known some users love(though it was more common back then) to harass at her in every opportunity - what if they had acess to every single post she ever made?
And no, it's not a thing 'mods can fix' or 'Dark can ban them'. They haven't done that to the people that do that without that function already.

Can't blame it on a user being notorious either. Should I be punished for frequently arguing with X user, if I'm not harrassing that user at all? Even if it's not that person doing the stalking, some people here have fans that are very willing to do so.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
CelestiaDragon Red Sparx Gems: 83
#6 Posted: 08:48:08 16/10/2014
This had already been mentioned ages ago, I think.
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#7 Posted: 08:59:07 16/10/2014
i dont see why so many people are shooting this down i'm more likely to remember topic creators than titles and would love to search via username
---
self professed austGAYlian
#8 Posted: 11:08:11 16/10/2014
Quote: ReshiramForever
i dont see why so many people are shooting this down i'm more likely to remember topic creators than titles and would love to search via username

Well I'd love a better search function but I don't love easier harassment and witch hunts.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#9 Posted: 12:58:03 16/10/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: ReshiramForever

Well I'd love a better search function but I don't love easier harassment and witch hunts.

That's what the mods are for. To stop these things just before they reach a peak.

I don't have any strong opinions in either way. I don't see when I would use this but I also understand why some people may want it.
#10 Posted: 13:06:32 16/10/2014
Yeah, but some people can easily point you examples of trolls who go after users for months. Don't know if it's the mods' fault or Dark's, but when people like Kappa stayed around for more than six months before being banned, I don't feel like moderation can stop harassment here.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#11 Posted: 18:08:52 16/10/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Yeah, but some people can easily point you examples of trolls who go after users for months. Don't know if it's the mods' fault or Dark's, but when people like Kappa stayed around for more than six months before being banned, I don't feel like moderation can stop harassment here.

Since mods can only suspend users who are purposely harassing others for a short time, dark's the only one who can ban a user from the forum to prevent much further harassment.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:11:10 16/10/2014 by Aura24
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me