Page 1 of 1
Problems with the tablet edition?
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#1 Posted: 06:59:06 10/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with the tablet edition. I have an ipad air and a nexus 7. on the nexus 7 it just plan crashes at the starting of the app. my nexus 7 is stock, no root, nothing fancy, regular ol up to date nexus 7.

luckily i have an ipad air (which is what i really wanted to play on anyway.) I've gotten a screen where it says "please place a skylander on the traptanium portal" and it just pops up kind of randomly. batteries are fine, even does it on fresh brand new batteries. my work around (so i dont lose the progress in the level, because if the portal goes out it should switch to instant play mode) turn off and then back on the ipad's bluetooth. other errors on the ipad have included invisible enemies, invisible ground, lag and slow downs (and its an ipad air thats like the best ipad out right now)

now this is the part thats really bugging me. everytime i try to go to activisions support site, i get some "unknown error" when trying to log into the stupid account they made me make for getting support. also i dont have facebook or twitter, so i cant talk to them that way. do they have a phone number or something?

sorry if this just was a rant. but i had to tell someone...
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#2 Posted: 12:58:02 10/10/2014
Is your Nexus 7 the 2013 edition? If it's the original one from 2012, then it won't work. :/

I also had some lag problems with the demo level on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), and that's one of the most powerful tablets you can get. :/
---
Purple dragon.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 14:21:20 10/10/2014
Stupid question, but have you looked at what Activsion supports from a tablet perspective? Hardware and OS matters.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#4 Posted: 16:46:34 10/10/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Stupid question, but have you looked at what Activsion supports from a tablet perspective? Hardware and OS matters.

that support site is more like bad jokes written down for use in a standup show...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#5 Posted: 17:52:34 10/10/2014
The Android version of Trap Team requires approximately 2.5 GB of free storage after the app is downloaded from Google Play. If you had less available free space, the download of additional data and decompression of that data could have failed. Try uninstalling/deleting the Trap Team app on your Nexus 7, and reinstalling when you have 2.5+ GB storage free.

Does the portal problem on iPad Air occur still occur if you turn wifi off?

The latest compatibility chart is here:
www.skylanders.com/devices

Nvidia Shield Tablet is also supported.

2013 HDX 7" and 8.9" is pending Bluetooth 4.0 support from Amazon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:40:38 13/10/2014 by bionicle2809
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#6 Posted: 18:04:00 10/10/2014
Just to ask while you're online, Orville - any update with the Magic Sanctum for ios8 users on Lost Islands?
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#7 Posted: 18:09:48 10/10/2014
Activision Trap Team support forum is here:
https://community.activision.c...nders/trap-team

exosquad -- if you are running iOS 7.0.4 or prior, try updating to a newer iOS version. This may help with your issues on iPad Air.

We have also seen some intermittent iPad issues resolved by turning the device entirely off and then turning back on.

Quote: jbkaok
Just to ask while you're online, Orville - any update with the Magic Sanctum for ios8 users on Lost Islands?

LI app update with this fix is pending Apple approval. We hope to release it soon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:40:58 13/10/2014 by bionicle2809
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#8 Posted: 20:15:24 10/10/2014
Too bad kindle fire hd isnt supported or id actually get the tablet version to try out.
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#9 Posted: 22:13:10 10/10/2014 | Topic Creator
the nexus 7 is the 2013 edition, with tons of free space. the download and decompression of the huge download file completes and finished successfully. just launching the app gives a forced crashed error with like NOTHING in its bug report that says what crashed other than the app.

my ipad air is at 7.0.4 and im not updating it. i havent tried turning off the wifi. but ive tried replacing the portal batteries and it did the same thing with new batteries. but toggling the bluetooth seems to get it to work again.

im going to post this on the
(un)Official Bug/Glitch tracking thread since someone asked me to.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
anverc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1342
#10 Posted: 01:26:06 11/10/2014
Quote: exosquad

my ipad air is at 7.0.4 and im not updating it. i havent tried turning off the wifi. but ive tried replacing the portal batteries and it did the same thing with new batteries. but toggling the bluetooth seems to get it to work again.

I believe he is talking about turning the tablet all the way off then back on. Press and hold power button, slide to power off, etc etc... I've had other apps fix this way
angry bird Red Sparx Gems: 16
#11 Posted: 07:27:50 13/10/2014
We bought a Nexus 7 to play this game, and it doesn't. It doesn't save, it sometimes doesn't open properly, the portal doesn't register on the tablet all the time, neither does the controller. Returning it, sadly there is nothing actually wrong with the tablet so we are stuck with it.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#12 Posted: 08:44:39 13/10/2014
1. The portal uses the battery's power three times as fast as my gamepad
2. The game crashes, not frequently
3. The game sometimes doesn't recognize the portal
4. The instant Skylanders on the tablet are acting glitch
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#13 Posted: 09:06:15 13/10/2014
take it back to the shop and get one of the console versions. at least they are playable.... no point in pulling hairs for not working game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#14 Posted: 10:19:57 13/10/2014
Glad I didn't spend my money on the Tablet one now!!!
I will wait till it's patched up and working as well as being in sales for a reasonable price smilie
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#15 Posted: 20:16:05 13/10/2014
I am playing the IOS version on an iPad Air and it's never crashed. I will admit that the portal is a little battery eating machine though. I made it through about 6 chapters before the original set died. The ones in the included gamepad have not died yet (original set).

My iPad is on the latest IOS 8.0.2 so it's possible that makes a big difference in the overall stability of the game.

I really like the tablet version despite it's small glitches and I can see other game studios watching this release with great interest to see how it sells and how well it's liked to see if they should release some of their games on tablet as well as on console...

Another thought about crashes - did the game ask any of you about downloading the "full game" (about 6Gsmilie onto your tablet? I do have a 32GB Air and after the first chapter, the game popped up a message stating that it saw I had plenty of room on my tablet and would I like to DL the full version. I said yes and it DL'd that 6GB+ worth of game files. Maybe this makes a difference in gameplay when it does not have to keep downloading stuff all the time? Mine only DL's when I put new figures on the portal now as far as I can tell.

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me