Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
No Super Tuesday, No Update, nothing new? [CLOSED]
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#1 Posted: 07:41:03 09/10/2014 | Topic Creator
This is the first week without Super Tuesday for more than a year .. what a pitty.

Hope they will bring it back and give us some new content :-)
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#2 Posted: 13:08:21 09/10/2014
I suspect they are working feverishly to solve the Magic Sanctum/Sanctuary issue and that this has put everything else on hold due to the severity of the problem.
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#3 Posted: 13:52:43 09/10/2014
Not to mention getting the Trap Team characters in the game. Still deals at least...
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 14:30:22 09/10/2014
The biggest thing is they are running out of time to do an Undead Sanctum upgrade quest for a reasonable length of time and still have time for the Toy Link Tower stuff and Sanctum completion quest.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 14:38:27 09/10/2014
I am sure everything will work out fine but i do wish they would let us know whats happening on this forum . Its the polite thing to do .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#6 Posted: 15:31:33 09/10/2014
Yeah, some info would be cool - I'm currently in a holding pattern on some things in anticipation for what is next.

If they wait much longer I get the feeling that they will pretty much just grant the Undead Sanctum to those with a single activation (to show you have it) maybe as a bonus to celebrate Trap Team. The whole point of the quest being like it is is to get you to check in regularly for a period of time, yet in a typical month we would already be over half way there on the Sanctum quest.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#7 Posted: 15:49:01 09/10/2014
I had to go back and check, as I know we had one month that seemed to be later than the others, but it was the Earth sanctum on the 7th (which would be about as late as you could get to release it on the first Monday of the month). I can only hope that it's the issues with iOS 8 that is keeping them from doing an update. It's possible that it has been ready (including even the Trap Team updates) for a while, but after the iOS 8 issue, they had to go back over the update and do more testing. But that's just a hope. I'm sure it would have to be an app store update, too. I know there is a process of getting an app approved, but is there one for an app store update? The way some apps want to update through the app store, I didn't think so, but just had that thought.

I will say that I wish they would inform us. They used to be good with that stuff with Advisor_Orville coming on all the time to communicate with us. He went away when we went those few months with no update and has only recently reappeared, but only briefly. Maybe the person who used to do it left the company. I do wish they would bring that communication back. That was one of the great things about this forum (other than the great community). It really showed how much they respected their fans. Even if there's not a set date or if they are unsure about some things, it's still nice to know that they are thinking of us by telling us that and possibly the reasons behind it.
fykerr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#8 Posted: 16:00:00 09/10/2014
I think everyone should just relax a bit more. I personally feel that if something weren't going as planned with them then Advisor_Orville would jump in to say something, and the lack of any communication from the team just signifies to me that things are moving as planned. Just b/c we've had a Super Tuesday deal for the past year does not mean we're entitled to one, especially on the cusp of releasing a whole new unit into the game. I'm sure they're well aware that if they want the quest to be done within the month of October that they're going to have to get on that quickly......but nothing says it can't carry over through the beginning of the next month. A lot of people are so quick to jump to "doomsday" "they're quitting LI support!" conclusions, when, in reality, sometimes things just take more time than we want or realize (....says the girl who is patiently tapping her fingers for her transfer offer letter from HR that has been in their hands for over a month now....)
#9 Posted: 16:09:50 09/10/2014
Advisor_Orville used to communicate almost everything with us. As for things going as planned, even during the 2-3 month hiatus they had random Super Tuesdays programmed in. If they knew they weren't going to release an update this week, then they would have programmed in a Super Tuesday for this week in that last update. There have been sales added, and someone (Qanai) said there was a change in the version number this week. So did they plan on not having a Super Tuesday this week? Or did this week's Super Tuesday have to do with the Trap Team update and since it was delayed they just threw in a tiny update with some sales to appease us?
#10 Posted: 16:14:17 09/10/2014
I don't think anyone is not "relaxed". The sky is not falling. And we don't really feel entitled to a Super Tuesday. It's just that there are some alterations to the way we are used to things happening and want some insight by the devs on this. There really isn't a whole lot of information out there on this game, we learn almost everything when we discover it in the game, so all we have to go on is "how thing have gone previously".

The fact that we still have the Undead Sanctum pending (and later than ever before), they missed an event they do every week and they are later than they were last year on new game updates just has us asking questions. And those that had iOS 8 issues are obviously a little more anxious since they saw their kingdoms get bugged pretty hardcore, which is painful given the amount of time required by the game.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#11 Posted: 17:01:32 09/10/2014
There will still be almost 3 full weeks if we get the sanctum quest next Monday. They could require 14 collections from Orville and people could still make it.

Not time to stress yet!
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#12 Posted: 22:28:27 09/10/2014
I hope things go back to normal, but the hiatus and disappearance of Advisor Orville seemed to come without warning. I'm not giving up or claiming the sky is falling but I sure hope the anticipated update comes Monday :-)
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
#13 Posted: 14:09:15 10/10/2014
Quote: midas73
There will still be almost 3 full weeks if we get the sanctum quest next Monday. They could require 14 collections from Orville and people could still make it.

Not time to stress yet!

Don't forget there is a followup quest to the sanctum that lasts a week and comes up after the sanctum quest is over. It gives a Shrine. They also have the Toy Link Tower that pops up in there.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#14 Posted: 16:32:40 14/10/2014
Second Tuesday in a row with no "super" deal...
#15 Posted: 16:39:20 14/10/2014
Yeah, this is getting really strange ... they must be waiting on something gone wrong with the whole Trap Team update and Apple didn't approve it. They probably should have pushed forward with Undead month activities and held the Trap Team upgrade over until November instead of trying to bundle them and rush them out. Now they are stuck with no update and the game is in a holding pattern.
KLM8325 Blue Sparx Gems: 905
#16 Posted: 17:29:06 14/10/2014
We don't know the number of people that play and send money on Lost Island but I hope it doesn't go away like Skylanders Universe.
I have played a number of world building games over the years and they do eventually get abandoned by the developers or the updates are only a couple a year.
It would be nice to know their plans for the game. OR did iOS 8 really break the game that bad that they are having a very hard time trying to fix it.
Some feed back would be great.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#17 Posted: 19:12:29 14/10/2014
I've been playing for nearly 2 years but this combined with the extended hiatus earlier this year is very discouraging. We haven't bought trap team yet as my son hasn't finished all of swap force yet. This lack of support makes me not want to continue supporting Activision. Makes me sad because I'm a sucker for those adorable little minis.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
#18 Posted: 19:24:28 14/10/2014
They have done a good job keeping the game up to date this year. The support issues over the magic sanctum is very odd, one would think data integrity would be a front burner issue given the fact that the most valuable currency in a game like this is time. If people feel their kingdoms are at risk, then they won't invest in it.

This whole update/fix/sanctum thing is perplexing. We know they read the forums, you would hope they would at least keep in touch with a quick line to soothe the feelings, particularly those that were screwed by the magic sanctum/iOS thing. It takes almost zero effort to post and say, we are aware of it, we have a fix pending and hope Apple gets it out in XXX timeframe. But even finding out they had a fix in store had to be drug out of them on an unrelated topic. Then you have radio silence on things we have become accustomed to expect, sanctum, Super Tuesday, timely updates for a new game, etc. It doesn't exactly give you comfort to invest time or money with such unknowns about and them doing nothing to assure people. This isn't some one man dev shop doing it in his spare time, it's Activision for Pete's sake - they have people who's whole job is customer communication.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:25:36 14/10/2014 by defpally
Kfool Blue Sparx Gems: 737
#19 Posted: 23:51:40 14/10/2014
My Super Tuesday included two mini codes from YouTube over lunch and my game resetting during my evening commute.

Wonderful.
---
I only pretend to know what I'm doing.
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#20 Posted: 07:20:22 15/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I can assure it has nothing to do with apple.
On Android we have no update as well.
#21 Posted: 12:51:30 15/10/2014
Quote: karo122
I can assure it has nothing to do with apple.
On Android we have no update as well.

To make it fair (especially the undead sanctum quest), I'm sure they won't release the Android update until the Apple update goes through.
#22 Posted: 14:20:08 15/10/2014
That's true, although one has to point out that Android has lagged behind the Apple version at times. I am guessing they consider the Apple version to be the "lead". I'm starting to think Undead Sanctum will only be available for purchase and no quest available. On a normal month we would have only a few days left on it at this point. That would stink, making people pay 1,200 gems because they can't get their ducks in a row - they should have had this update approved and ready to push when Trap Team came out.

One has to note that the vacuum of information causes people to speculate/expect the worst. Advisor Orville would do well to keep that in mind as he is lurking. Tell us something.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#23 Posted: 15:02:24 15/10/2014
This isn't the first time they've gone completely dark on us. I'm hopeful they'll be back.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#24 Posted: 15:19:43 15/10/2014
Quote: defpally
That's true, although one has to point out that Android has lagged behind the Apple version at times. I am guessing they consider the Apple version to be the "lead". I'm starting to think Undead Sanctum will only be available for purchase and no quest available. On a normal month we would have only a few days left on it at this point. That would stink, making people pay 1,200 gems because they can't get their ducks in a row - they should have had this update approved and ready to push when Trap Team came out.

One has to note that the vacuum of information causes people to speculate/expect the worst. Advisor Orville would do well to keep that in mind as he is lurking. Tell us something.

Advisor_Orville said that the update that was hung up included a fix for the magic sanctum. He didn't mention Trap Team or anything else. That is all presumed to be in the update. It's possible that the update doesn't include any of that and that the fix for the missing magic sanctum/sanctuary had to go through the app store for approval. But the other updates (Trap Team, undead sanctum, etc.) might have to wait until that update is released to keep from causing any problems. Or maybe they just tied it all in together (which is my guess). I'm not sure what the hold up is. Though I wish they would communicate more with us. They may not know what the hold up is, or may not be able to tell us (for different reasons), but having to get it out of them in another thread isn't like them (or, at least, how they used to be...things have changed this year compared to last year).
#25 Posted: 16:14:50 15/10/2014
Yeah, the fact that info about an update had to be dragged out of him in another forum is disappointing. The game is in limbo now. I've left many of my things in a holding pattern for a week and a half waiting for something to happen. I don't know why they can't just give us some update, and maybe an idea of a timeframe and update changes. Many people play this game daily, and now we have people that have been bugged for over a month and others just wondering what the heck is going on. It doesn't really encourage those that are dedicated to put time into it, and a gem deal isn't very attractive. Why spend money on a game that is stuck in limbo with no idea of when that will change?

Some appreciation of the Undead element this month has been.
Moemoff Green Sparx Gems: 340
#26 Posted: 16:35:55 15/10/2014
I have not upgraded to 8 yet. I was waiting for the fix. Not spent any money / gems since there is nothing I need. Playing plunder pirates while we wait.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me