Page 1 of 1
Villain Tiers: Work in progress [CLOSED]
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1 Posted: 01:36:11 06/10/2014 | Topic Creator
So, I'll be working on the tiers for some villains, even though I've barely made it halfway through the game.

If you aren't familiar with Tiers, here they are:

S-Tier - Top rank, extremely powerful characters that can be used skillfully.

A-Tier - High rank, powerful characters that handle very well.

B-Tier - Mid rank, good characters that handle well.

C-Tier - Not the best rank, but they can still be used.

F-Tier - Lowest rank, usually filled with weaker characters.

Going in order from appearance:

Sheep Creep:

C-Tier

Yes, he's the first villain you encounter. He's a bit too weak compared to other villains, although his cork guns are pretty quick.

The Gulper:

A-Tier

He may be the second villain in the game, but he's very powerful. His trident is incredibly powerful, same goes with his bite. The Slime Slide is also pretty good, but the first two attacks really make him shine against smaller enemies.

Tussle Sprout:
B-Tier

For such a small enemy, he dishes out a lot of damage. The gas attack is pretty powerful, while the seed attack does a lot of damage.

Buzzer Beak
B-Tier

He's surprisingly powerful (and extremely fast). His spin attack dishes out a lot of damage in a short amount of time, making him a good "hit and run" character. His body slam is a bit slow, but it dishes out moderately high damage.

Slobber Trap:
F-Tier

Bah, his slobber trail leaves him wide open while slowing him down. His flop isn't anything incredible, either.

Bruiser Cruiser:
B-Tier

His punches are powerful, but his "self destruct" attack leaves him open. The sparks hit hard and fast, though.

Broccoli Guy:
A-Tier

"Vampire" attacks (stealing stamina from enemies)? Can heal your Skylanders? Makes him a must have for tougher levels.

Chompy Mage
A-Tier

His staff does incredible damage. The Chompy Summon is pretty helpful if you need to distract enemies. His Chompy Form does a huge amount of damage, also.

Shrednaught
A-Tier

Their chainsaw is pretty powerful overall, and the missile launch attack dishes out incredible damage.

Chill Bill
C-Tier (?)

Undecided on him. He's great if you want to double team with a Trap Master to take out multiple small-medium sized enemies, but his attacks dish out measly damage.

Cuckoo Clocker
S-Tier

He's the second villain that made me "wow" (the first being the Chompy Mage). His roar attack can stun enemies, and his slam, fully charged, dishes out over 1,300 damage.

Bomb Shell
B-Tier (?)

Ehh.. His bomb attack is great, but the Spin attack isn't the greatest. Still undecided.

Chef Pepper Jack
A-Tier

He's pretty good overall. He's speedy with the help of his egg beater charge attack, can dish out (pun not intended) lots of damage with his pepper bombs, and can hit hard with his fire breath.

(Riot) Shield Shredder:
B-Tier
His shield charge does pretty high damage, but the shields aren't anything special.

I'll add more/make modifications over the course of this week.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:02:02 06/10/2014 by Matteomax
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 17:57:13 06/10/2014 | Topic Creator
*slot reserved for possible future comments*
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#3 Posted: 20:55:50 06/10/2014
So far I really agree with this list. Especially with Slobber Trap argh! I'm sorry, but I seriously hate him so much! He's so bad in range and with smilie's slime slide, Slobber Trap is virtually useless.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#4 Posted: 21:14:49 06/10/2014
I admittedlyrics haven't played as villains much, but when I have, I do see them taking damage at all. I a honestly don't know if damage factors in at all, especially given the timer.

For my purposes it doesn't matter anyway. I find myself tagging villains in when my skylanders are low on health, and there's no food around.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#5 Posted: 21:27:12 06/10/2014
Yeah, Slobber Trap sucks. I would also say Chill Bill sucks, but that's just my opinion.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Monkey Rocket Blue Sparx Gems: 837
#6 Posted: 21:31:38 06/10/2014
You can hold chill bills gun down and after a few seconds it should do around 900 damage.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#7 Posted: 21:37:07 06/10/2014
What does slobber trap's slobber trail even do?! He is so lackluster smilie
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#8 Posted: 21:45:43 06/10/2014
From the looks of it, Smoke Scream appears to be one of the strongest non-Doom Raider villians.
#9 Posted: 02:52:19 07/10/2014
Quote: Mrmorrises
From the looks of it, Smoke Scream appears to be one of the strongest non-Doom Raider villians.

To be fair, he is the last trappable villain before Kaos himself
---
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#10 Posted: 03:02:35 07/10/2014
I personally think Wolfgang's at least Tier A. He has his basic melee and slam for close quarters, he has a dash attack that can cut through enemies or be used for dodging, and his main damage dealer is a rapid stream of high-damage notes that he can aim to suit the opponents' path. Sure, he doesn't have any non-offensive utility, but he more than exceeds my other villains when it comes to rapid streams of damage projectiles.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#11 Posted: 21:00:27 08/10/2014
I really hope this topic doesn't die
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#12 Posted: 21:54:07 08/10/2014
Chomp Chest is a B probably. Broccoli Guy is an S for sure. 96 damage and healing approx. 60 health per second makes him a valueble asset.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 01:46:14 09/10/2014
Grinnade i think is a c. his little minion bombs that follow him do 60-something damage, but this explosion does 500-600 damage! but he is VERY VULNERABLE when charging the explosion.
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#14 Posted: 01:53:58 09/10/2014
Kaos is S Tier!

He can never run out of time and his attacks are OP.
#15 Posted: 02:03:58 09/10/2014
Quote: Epic popthorn
Kaos is S Tier!

You got that right. He has the most attacks and options out of all the Doom Raiders and villains period. So much versatility, creativity and originality to his attacks. They are great homages to Spyro's Adventure and really do make use of him being a dark portal master. Clearly TFB put the most effort into him which is rightfully so since he is the main antagonist in Skylanders.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#16 Posted: 02:08:29 09/10/2014
(note i've played all villains but Kaos, Smoke Scream, Chompy, Mab Lobs, and Trolling Thunder, and the unknowns.)

Grave Clobber- B. His swiping and bone summon do a pretty decent amount of damage.

Bone Chompy- C. His chomping attack is pretty similar to chomp chest, but the trap jaw things don't work too well.

Threatpack- A. his jetpack attack is pretty good, but the missiles are the best!

Painyatta- A/S. daze with candy barf, smash with lolipop. rinse and repeat.

Hood sickle- C. his charge does a good amount of damage, but the scythe is best. it takes a long time to charge though.

Chomp Chest- S. his chomp does 100-200 damage, and the treasure seeker brings up a crap load of cash. KA-CHING!

Dreamcatcher- B. the tornado isn't all that good, and the bow claw things don't do anything, but the dream drain is good.

Wolfgang- S. he's fast, and he's very strong!

Bruiser Cruiser- F. nowhere near as powerful as the boss fight, and he is VERY SLOW!
#17 Posted: 03:54:46 09/10/2014
I just found out that painyattas candy barf shoots out mini pinyatas that you can smash with the lollipop for an explosion that does extra damage, so that should bring him a bit higher
---
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#18 Posted: 01:36:07 10/10/2014
Interesting list thus far, I'll be curious to see opinions of other people. Is there a way in game to actually see what a villains attacks do, or do we just have to figure it out ourselves?
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
#19 Posted: 20:08:55 11/10/2014
Krankenstein should be A/S because when you grab an enemy with his secondary attack, switching back to your skylander insta-kills the enemy
---
#20 Posted: 20:09:31 11/10/2014
Quote: Nelomet
Interesting list thus far, I'll be curious to see opinions of other people. Is there a way in game to actually see what a villains attacks do, or do we just have to figure it out ourselves?

We have to figure it out ourselves.
---
truegamer64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1334
#21 Posted: 02:05:01 12/10/2014
Can you make this topic a sticky?
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#22 Posted: 03:51:28 12/10/2014
The villains I am most curious about are the "???" villains and wondering how they would turn up
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#23 Posted: 15:35:42 12/10/2014
Wait, villains have health? I thought they were invincible.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#24 Posted: 15:46:06 12/10/2014
Quote: Troll Slug

Their "Health" is their timer, which goes down every time the villain is hit by an attack.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#25 Posted: 17:10:54 12/10/2014
Kaos is S Tier!

I agree.

He has more attacks than any other playable character: 8 Primary Attacks, Doom Sharks, and his 3rd attack is his floating head, which changes his moveset. He has 11 attacks in total, and Pop Fizz and Pop Thorn (who had the most attacks in SSF, if I remember correctly) had 7 attacks.

Once changed to a Magic spell, his Primary Attack makes his timer reset every time it's pressed, and doesn't take any time to summon (unlike Broccoli Guy's Healing Ring). Because of his very long timer, he rarely needs to use it.

His Earth Spell is very powerful, and does 74 damage per second (I think). It's basically an upgraded version of his Water and Fire spells, making them useless.

Like Earth, his Tech spell is an upgraded version of Undead. It does a lot of damage, but only once, and then it disappears.

I can't remember what Life and Air did, but I think Life was another version of Earth.

His Secondary summons five Doom Sharks, and they seek out enemies similar to Bumble Blast's bees. They do 68 damge (I think), and are good for crowd-controlling.

His Floating Head is only good against big enemies (like Shrednaught). His lasers do over 100 damage.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#26 Posted: 17:28:09 12/10/2014
Quote: Qcumber
Kaos is S Tier!

I agree.

He has more attacks than any other playable character: 8 Primary Attacks, Doom Sharks, and his 3rd attack is his floating head, which changes his moveset. He has 11 attacks in total, and Pop Fizz and Pop Thorn (who had the most attacks in SSF, if I remember correctly) had 7 attacks.

Once changed to a Magic spell, his Primary Attack makes his timer reset every time it's pressed, and doesn't take any time to summon (unlike Broccoli Guy's Healing Ring). Because of his very long timer, he rarely needs to use it.

His Earth Spell is very powerful, and does 74 damage per second (I think). It's basically an upgraded version of his Water and Fire spells, making them useless.

Like Earth, his Tech spell is an upgraded version of Undead. It does a lot of damage, but only once, and then it disappears.

I can't remember what Life and Air did, but I think Life was another version of Earth.

His Secondary summons five Doom Sharks, and they seek out enemies similar to Bumble Blast's bees. They do 68 damge (I think), and are good for crowd-controlling.

His Floating Head is only good against big enemies (like Shrednaught). His lasers do over 100 damage.

The undead one does damage and leaves food for your skylander to eat.
#27 Posted: 11:11:28 13/10/2014
Quote: Bionichute

Their "Health" is their timer, which goes down every time the villain is hit by an attack.

I've seen while playing, thank you. smilie

I think Masker Mind is E tier. He doesn't do that much damage, and even though he can control his enemies, he's a really boring character.
#28 Posted: 18:32:55 13/10/2014
Here's what I feel. Masker Mind should be C tier because while he doesn't hit that hard, his magic does have good range and him possessing villains does make him unique. Brawlrus I'd say B tier since his cannon shoots fast and does good damage and the giant starfish can be helpful, but Brawl and Chain definitely D or F tier. He's way too slow and his damage is underwhelming. Also he doesn't have any real ranged attacks so he's one of the more unreliable villains.
---
#29 Posted: 10:03:11 14/10/2014
Chill Bill I'd say is D tier. He doesn't do much damage, around 14 before evolved, when characters are doing over 150 damage or even over 300! The good part about him is he freezes enemies.
#30 Posted: 16:20:02 14/10/2014
Chill Bill I'd say is D tier. He doesn't do much damage, around 14 before evolved, when characters are doing over 150 damage or even over 300! The good part about him is he freezes enemies.

For like ten seconds.

Anyway, here's some of mine:
-Krankenstein: C Tier. His attacks are strong, but relies to heavily on just throwing enemies away.
-Grave Clobber: B Tier. Slow but very powerful.
-Brawlrus: B Tier. His starfish attack is very good at taking out enemies. Plus I like him.
-Dr. Krankcase: A Tier. His goo gun and lightning attacks are strong, but his spinning attack rarely hits enemies.
-Golden Queen: A/S Tier. Can turn enemies into gold and summon those little disc throwing things from her battle.
---
Check this out! Please?
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3544
#31 Posted: 19:34:08 17/10/2014
I think Grave Clobber would be either the

S Tier: Very Powerful (ignore the slowness)

A Tier: Very Powerful (ignore the slowness)

B Tier: Very Powerful but Very Slow

Even though i find him very boring to play as
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
#32 Posted: 00:48:33 22/10/2014
Brawlrus should be C-Tier because his primary attack feels very awkward due to the way he stops for a sec, and his secondary moves so damn slow (not to mention he stops for a sec with this attack as well), it's frustrating trying to hit anything, but to be fair, it's hitbox is kinda big.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:49:28 22/10/2014 by ExcitonKnight
#33 Posted: 02:02:38 22/10/2014
I think Wolfgang is S-tier, His music notes attack does tons of damage repeatedly. His slide can clear out a decent amount of enemies, and his "slice attack" is accurate, AND deals out a lot of damage.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#34 Posted: 02:07:54 22/10/2014
I think Wolfgang is S-tier, His music notes attack does tons of damage repeatedly. His slide can clear out a decent amount of enemies, and his "slice attack" is accurate, AND deals out a lot of damage.

Agreed. While Kaos has the most versatility of all of the villains (especially since he can heal himself at any moment), I honestly think Wolfgang is the best damage dealer out of all of them.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
AzarianGO Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#35 Posted: 03:07:26 22/10/2014
Kaos is S Tier!

S Tier? More like SSS Tier. Kaos is the definition of "broken" character.
---
228 figures, 26 traps, 24 magic items, 480 games, 19 consoles.... I have a habit.
#36 Posted: 04:31:27 22/10/2014
Quote: AzarianGO
Kaos is S Tier!

S Tier? More like SSS Tier. Kaos is the definition of "broken" character.

No, Kaos isn't broken. He's shattered, smashed, crushed, and ground up into paste! ...Or at least that's the enemies when going against him.
---
Check this out! Please?
#37 Posted: 23:43:36 26/10/2014
All of this talk about Kaos makes me feel annoyed that i dont have a kaos trap :'(
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#38 Posted: 23:47:55 26/10/2014
Quote: ExcitonKnight
All of this talk about Kaos makes me feel annoyed that i dont have a kaos trap :'(

Maybe you can get the Dark Edition? Or find one on ebay/amazon? I got mine from Walmart...
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#39 Posted: 01:08:30 27/10/2014
Rage Mage: in my opinion, he is a B/C. His spin only does around 18 damage unless you have the ball thingy. The ball is why I said he could be a B. If he didn't have the ball attack he'd be a C to me.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#40 Posted: 02:00:45 27/10/2014
What about Golden Queen?
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#41 Posted: 20:33:53 31/10/2014
What exactly is the purpose of eating the chompies when playing as smilie?
---
#42 Posted: 02:44:33 06/11/2014
What tier should Mab Lobs be in? I was thinking B-tier, but maybe other people will think otherwise
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:34:18 15/12/2014 by ExcitonKnight
truegamer64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1334
#43 Posted: 02:50:39 06/11/2014
Quote: ExcitonKnight
What tier should Mab Lobs be in? I was thinking B-tier, but maybe other people will think otherwise
(sorry for the triple post)

It's clear that you posted three times in a row to bring up the dead topic. And if you actually weren't use the "Edit" button.
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3544
#44 Posted: 08:10:27 24/12/2014
Can someone revive this topic
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#45 Posted: 15:56:52 24/12/2014
You just did smilie...
---
Dead
ppmdoesskylands Green Sparx Gems: 258
#46 Posted: 20:07:44 08/03/2015
Cross Crow should be C-tier he can rapid fire drill arrows but they leave him vulnerable... I'll edit this when I remember his secondary attack
---
No Pie, No Glory!
Read my story! The Drow Mage
anyone else think gold is stupid?
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#47 Posted: 20:22:11 08/03/2015
There is the official thread.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me