Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Skylanders: Light & Dark
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders: Light & Dark [CLOSED]
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#1 Posted: 20:09:37 01/10/2014 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]
(WIP, just made and added Light and Dark element icons of questionable quality to the default Skylanders Logo)

My hope for Sky5 is to have a game centered around Light and Dark, with those elements receiving more characters to balance them with the original 8. I feel the Trap Masters (or as I like to call them, Traptanium Knights, since both of them are named as knights) should remain singular, there wouldn't be any point in having more of them.

Only 8 cores would be needed to balance out the number of cores, but we can't forget the original elements just because they're not the current center of attention. The obvious balancing (without adding too many figures) being to add a single core to each of the original elements and nine to each of the new, for a total of ten in every element.

I feel the Swappers should still be balanced with the original elements, to keep the Swapability options equal across all elements. The four new ones would get 2 brand new movement types - both present in each element (just like Water and Tech with Climbing and Speed ;3).

Now, with there being 1 Giant/Knight, 2 Swappers and 10 Cores per element, the original 8 elements still have 2 figures more - their Trap Master duo team. To balance this out without adding more unnecessary Trappers, meet the Guardians! These Skylanders are equivalent of Giants, being able to perform feats of strength, unless weakened. They can also fully activate special towers throughout Skylands.

While only Guardians can fully activate the towers, other Skylanders of the Light/Dark elements are able to partially power it up. Cores: 30%, Half-Light or Half-Dark SF: 20%, Full-Light or Full-Dark SF: 40%, Dark+Light Swapper: 20% to each element (possible, but results in a neutral output), Trap Master: 50%. - Activation cannot be combined, only overwritten.

Activated towers grant extra power to Skylanders of the active element (unless the output is neutral due to a Dark+Light Swapper), while decreasing the power of the opposite. Guardians are affected more than other types of Skylanders, being barely stronger than cores in opposite zones (disabling their ability to perform feats of strength), while being much stronger than any other type in their own elemental zones. In neutral zones, they're about the same as the Traptanium Knights.

I'd prefer if there were still trappable villains - with Water, Tech and Life having 3 villains combined, and the rest 3 normal villains each, with Magic having the main villain of the game, equivalent to Doom Raiders of STT. The grand total of villains with STT and Sky5 combined would be 71 (25 in Sky5); 7 per element + Kaos.

Starter Packs (and other packs, excluding cores and adventure packs)
- Light (Lite) Edition: Light Guardian, Light Swapper, Light Core, Game, Poster, Cards+Stickers - NO PORTAL!
- Dark Edition: Dark Guardian, Dark Swapper, Dark Core, Game, Poster, Cards+Stickers, Dark Traptanium Portal
- 3DS Light (Lite) Edition: Light Guardian, 2 Light Cores, Game, Poster, Cards+Stickers - NO PORTAL!
- 3DS Dark Edition: Dark Guardian, 2 Dark Cores, Game, Poster, Cards+Stickers, Darkstone 3DS Portal
- Booster Packs (Light or Dark): Contains the Starter Pack Guardian and Swapper of the respective element.
- Single Guardian Packs (Light or Dark): Contains the 3DS Guardian of the respective element.
- Swap-Pack (Light+Dark): Contains both non-starter Swappers (different movement types).
Dark Traptanium Portal: Black stone instead of original dark grey, silver villain cage gate.
Note: Starter Pack Cores available outside the Starter Packs as singles or in Triple Packs.

9 Light Cores + 9 Dark Cores + 8 Original Cores = 26 Cores
26 Cores + 4 Swappers + 4 Guardians = 34 Total
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 22:22:58 16/02/2015 by Nightmoon
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#2 Posted: 07:05:28 17/10/2014
No question about the quality of your additions to the logo. It looks totally legit. Nice work! smilie

Really cool ideas here, Nightmoon. I'm a fan of balancing all the elements out, and especially like the idea of going back to each element being weaker/stronger against certain others. And a Dark Portal certainly makes having to purchase a new one more palatable.
---
1Jn47
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#3 Posted: 14:20:59 17/10/2014 | Topic Creator
@Plordigian: Well, you wouldn't -have- to buy a new portal, you could get the "Lite" Light Edition without one (for a slightly lower price), and buy the Dark Starter Figures later ;3

@DredyekSlayer: Not sure what you mean by "DRAW"-ing the ideas, but go ahead if you want :3
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#4 Posted: 15:49:59 19/10/2014
I love this idea!

And as for the thing, I didn't even notice the Light and Dark symbols. smilie
---
#hu
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#5 Posted: 21:54:31 08/11/2014
Oh wow this is cool!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
ECHO echo echo Green Sparx Gems: 162
#6 Posted: 21:02:41 30/03/2015
I absolutely love this idea and great editing work on the logo
---
Imma noob and I love it
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me