Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Trap Team [CLOSED]
Excelsior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1170
#1 Posted: 23:05:45 28/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Are they coming to the Lost Islands?

I have spinned for my last available Skylanders and am saving my coins.

I think I will only buy the small islands on sale. Last time around I had 50,000,000 spare coins when sheep island became available. This time I am going to have to save for the Islands.
---
banksia123
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 23:23:36 28/09/2014
I am sure they will join Lost islands . Just have to be patient . Thats alot of programming and patching.
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#3 Posted: 23:32:01 28/09/2014
I would presume that we will get a full load of TT chars for LI. It will occur over time like SF chars did and I am sure we'll get some whacked out variants as well.

Fistbunny Bump
Thanksgiving Dinner Food Fight
Funny Bow-N
GingerTread Head
Sugarplum Blackout
Reindeer Rocky Roll

etc...

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#4 Posted: 00:39:42 29/09/2014
So it's getting released this week? Looking forward to the new skylanders joining the Lost Islands!
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#5 Posted: 01:02:04 29/09/2014
It will take a while at least a few months .
---
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#6 Posted: 02:31:17 29/09/2014
I forget what happened last year. I feel like the characters started showing up pretty quickly but I could be mistaken.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#7 Posted: 10:21:40 29/09/2014
Well the sugarbats and at least one of each element Swopper was available rather quick but the colour variants and cores took their sweet time .
---
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 12:07:38 29/09/2014
They are released in game as they are available in store. I am pretty sure that all wave 1 figures were in Lost Islands, if not on release day, than within a week. Possibly in the next update following the release. I definitely know it wasn't months, as they had timed quests with swappers and someone had to give me codes so I could complete them, as we weren't getting Swap Force until Christmas. Yes, it's a lot of programming, but you have to know that they would have been working on the programming for a while, now, for it to be ready when the game came out. They don't have to wait for the game to come out before programming the characters into Lost Islands.

fphoenix is wrong about which characters were released. I can't be 100% sure that all wave 1 characters were there on day one, but I'm pretty sure they were. However, I know that they didn't have swappers of every element. They only came out as the real figures came out. There wasn't an earth element swapper to clear those bats until Rubble Rouser was released in the store. It was frustrating for everyone. Variants aren't released until those variants are released in the store. The only exception was an accidental release of Jade Fire Kraken. It came out way before the figure came out because there was a quest that accidentally got released, so they eventually released him in game before the figure came out.
#9 Posted: 12:13:47 29/09/2014
Well at that time i was still pretty much new to SSA and Giants so i did not pay too much attention about swoppers in Lost islands . I am probably wrong yes. There should old threads here that deal with this if we dig a bit . smilie
---
#10 Posted: 12:57:19 29/09/2014
Great idea, fhoenix. I did some digging and found this thread:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=91090

Swap Force was released on Oct. 13 and the update to Lost Islands was on Oct. 14. All 15 of the wave 1 characters were available. Variants weren't available to purchase, but it did seem that you could load them through the portal (although there were issues with the bluetooth portal wiping the figures, even though it's not mentioned in that thread). It may be possible that we will be able to add them using a web code, this time around. It used to be that the character had to be in the "store" so you could select it then enter the web code. Now that they have a generic button to add any web code, they may make variants available from the beginning if you have the codes.

Since Trap Team is being released on Oct. 5, I would say to expect the update to Lost Islands on Oct. 6. So next week's update could likely include Trap Team.

One curious thing I have noticed, though. Since our son won't get Trap Team until Christmas, we always wait until Black Friday to pick it up, so I haven't kept up with the release date, this year. I had to go look it up and noticed that the Skylanders website says it's being released on Oct. 10. I was writing this post up and was writing how the update would probably not be released on the 11th because it's a Saturday. I then decided to look it up elsewhere and noticed the Oct. 5 date. Why do they say the 10th on the official website?

Either way, I'll probably just spin for the characters. It's funny to go back to that old thread and see how I was debating on spinning as I still needed quite a few pre Swap Force characters to spin for. I only had 15 million gold at the time and was bummed that I couldn't spin for all the remaining characters before Swap Force got introduced. Now I have all the characters and sitting on almost 600 million gold. I know for some that using gems for characters you know you will buy is the way to go so you can get your gems back. But spinning for all the wave 1 Skylanders will probably not put that much of a dent in my gold stock pile, at least not as much as spending my gems. And I'm not sure which Skylanders I'll eventually get. We didn't even get all the swappers. Plus I'm usually trying to get the variants instead of the regulars, so if I spend gems on a regular version and only get the variant, then I likely won't get those gems back. Since a good portion of wave 1 seems to have a variant, that's a lot of wasted gems. I won't miss the gold at all.
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#11 Posted: 13:06:54 29/09/2014
It would be cool to get an alt on Wednesday from TT. We'll see...
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
#12 Posted: 13:28:11 29/09/2014
I figured that once Trap Team got released, then we would get alts from those characters, but getting an alt of a character before its release is less probable. I would be surprised if it was. The first alt from Swap Force was in December (although Birthday Bash in November was just too good of a play on words to pass up, even if the alt wasn't thought out). If they do Trap Team alts for November and December, they would have to come from Tech or Water. I'm not sure when Wave 3 comes out, but the only characters from those elements that will be released for sure (meaning Wave 1 & 2) would be Jawbreaker, Tread Head, and Chopper (possibly Gearshift even though she doesn't get a full release until next year), for tech and Snap Shot and Lob Star for water. If they are only pulling from Swap Force for October, though, that leaves us with getting another Grim Creeper, Rattle Shake or Night Shift (since Roller Brawl has already had an alt). I would hope it would be one of the swappers. Any ideas using those 3? Although that would be getting off topic. We'll probably find out, today, as it will be in today's update and I'm sure someone will take the chance on TT to find out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:28:52 29/09/2014 by obidawsn
#13 Posted: 16:01:48 29/09/2014
Yeah, it almost seems too easy to do an undead alt in October, since they are all puns anyway. Snowler Brawl had nothing to do with an undead theme. There are 3 Wash Bucklers though, so it is not unheard of to do 3 swappers. Getting further off topic, I am hoping for a sanctum fix today...
---
Skarlarth Green Sparx Gems: 477
#14 Posted: 01:59:47 06/10/2014
So my questions is: Trap Team Minis are Sidekicks?
So if I purchase Trap Team Mini Jini do I get my Gems I spent refunded for the Toy Link?

Just pondering.
---
Activate ID: Skarlarth
Wife's Activate ID: Mirabeeth
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#15 Posted: 07:32:04 06/10/2014
Yep, Mini Jini from Trap Team is exactly the same as sidekick Mini Jini in Lost Islands.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#16 Posted: 13:28:47 06/10/2014
I'm wondering if they bump up the Toy Link Towers another level given all of the new figures.
P024008 Blue Sparx Gems: 659
#17 Posted: 12:39:30 07/10/2014
Am I the only one who's disappointed that lost islands hasn't been updated yet with trap teamers?

I would have thought there would have been a toy link reward associated with the people who bought the the new game module and associated starter characters.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#18 Posted: 13:18:38 07/10/2014
Quote: P024008
Am I the only one who's disappointed that lost islands hasn't been updated yet with trap teamers?

I would have thought there would have been a toy link reward associated with the people who bought the the new game module and associated starter characters.

The game isn't even out yet for some countries, give it time.
Besides, they have to update that,the halloween stuff for this year,AND the Undead Sanctum. Even a week and a half would still be a reasonable amount of time to wait.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#19 Posted: 14:49:53 07/10/2014
Last year Swap Force updated it almost immediately after the game release. They are obviously in a holding pattern of sorts, because we don't have a Super Tuesday thing and the Sanctum quest hasn't updated (and they need enough time for people to do that plus the quest and Toy Link stuff at the end of the month. I have a feeling it is pending, but maybe a last minute fix or something. I wish in general they would be more forthcoming with dates on the whole franchise.

They have a half off island deal (not a Super Tuesday), probably to get people to blow lots of money if possible so they don't immediately just gather every character in the well. Also, they had tons of "catch up" deals in the past couple weeks, probably trying to get people to blow gems before new stuff hits.
Spinal Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#20 Posted: 15:06:13 07/10/2014
Quote:
The game isn't even out yet for some countries, give it time.
Besides, they have to update that,the halloween stuff for this year,AND the Undead Sanctum. Even a week and a half would still be a reasonable amount of time to wait

yeah, we don't get the game until Friday here where i live, and i wanna play it now damit! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:07:23 07/10/2014 by Spinal
#21 Posted: 15:19:09 07/10/2014
Quote: defpally
Last year Swap Force updated it almost immediately after the game release. They are obviously in a holding pattern of sorts, because we don't have a Super Tuesday thing and the Sanctum quest hasn't updated (and they need enough time for people to do that plus the quest and Toy Link stuff at the end of the month. I have a feeling it is pending, but maybe a last minute fix or something. I wish in general they would be more forthcoming with dates on the whole franchise.

They have a half off island deal (not a Super Tuesday), probably to get people to blow lots of money if possible so they don't immediately just gather every character in the well. Also, they had tons of "catch up" deals in the past couple weeks, probably trying to get people to blow gems before new stuff hits.

This seems like a pretty solid assessment. I would guess that unless it's going to be a really short Sanctum quest they would have to push something this week though.
---
P024008 Blue Sparx Gems: 659
#22 Posted: 15:41:53 07/10/2014
Well, their tactic worked because I did blow all my gems on missing alts and Flynn in the last couple of weeks so I am gem poor at present. I am still missing birthday bash but even if he wet on sale I am far from being up able to get him.
megaman312 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#23 Posted: 16:39:20 07/10/2014
I had missed Autumn SS by 100 gems and didnt feel like cheating with diggs to get him since he is likely going to be available during Black Friday
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#24 Posted: 01:02:08 08/10/2014
Quote: defpally

They have a half off island deal (not a Super Tuesday), probably to get people to blow lots of money if possible ...

In the past some of the sanctum quests were missed because people couldn't buy the island and get the sanctuary open. when they did 50% off islands as a super Tuesday, not very many people could get that much coin quickly.
Not everyone is a level 45 player with all the islands open and more gold/characters/potions than they can handle

this way, some of the newer, less rich players may actually get to have some gold left over to spin or otherwise play whatever they come up with for trapteam
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#25 Posted: 07:56:57 08/10/2014
When the game does get a Trap Team update, do you think they'll add two new islands with Light and Dark sanctuaries?
Pico Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#26 Posted: 13:17:33 08/10/2014
I just tried to add a few Trapmasters through the old BT portal but no luck. There is a new BT portal released for the mobile version of the Trap Team. I'll try it this afternoon after it's delivered from Amazon.
megaman312 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#27 Posted: 14:31:54 08/10/2014
Quote: alicecarp
When the game does get a Trap Team update, do you think they'll add two new islands with Light and Dark sanctuaries?

IF they do it probably won't be until they announce they elements.(namely because their are not that many for sun/moon elements)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me