Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Isn't it funny? [CLOSED]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#1 Posted: 18:22:55 18/09/2014 | Topic Creator
That every character in Spyro talks perfectly fine, yet Sparx has some trouble speaking clearly. Did Insomniac just do that for a laugh or what? And why does none of the generic enemies talk, all they do is grunt when you torch them.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#2 Posted: 20:52:52 18/09/2014
I always thought the enemies were too dumb to speak or that Spyro kills them before they get a chance to say anything.
Also, I think dragonflies can only talk by buzzing or at least until they're a bit older (which is why Sparx can talk properly in A Hero's Tail).
BlueThunderfan Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#3 Posted: 21:57:07 19/09/2014
I think a good deal of the enemies are too dumb to speak properly, they're like a bunch of "brainless baboons".
---
Sleeping is Dumb!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#4 Posted: 03:48:34 20/09/2014
I always assumed the Gnorcs and Rhynocs were too primitive and dim-witted to speak. I blame the rest on PSX hardware limitations. Because come the PS3 era, EVERY enemy in an Insomniac game has dialogue of some sort. The Nefarious Troopers and Thugs definitely get the best lines. XP
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#5 Posted: 04:25:28 20/09/2014
I liked to imagine that Gnorcs, Rhynocs, and other enemies are magical constructs (in the case of Gnorcs, they are literally dragon gems given physical form). Since they're not sentient creatures at their cores, there's no need for them to speak. And we know the Rhynocs were created by the Sorceress (we watch her make the bosses, even).

As for Sparx, well, he did pick up talking in later games. Maybe he just hadn't figured it out yet or had no reason to talk until AHT.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7728
#6 Posted: 13:36:41 20/09/2014
Quote: alicecarp
I always thought the enemies were too dumb to speak or that Spyro kills them before they get a chance to say anything.
Also, I think dragonflies can only talk by buzzing or at least until they're a bit older (which is why Sparx can talk properly in A Hero's Tail).

Agreed! smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#7 Posted: 16:41:18 20/09/2014
Quote: Razz
I liked to imagine that Gnorcs, Rhynocs, and other enemies are magical constructs (in the case of Gnorcs, they are literally dragon gems given physical form). Since they're not sentient creatures at their cores, there's no need for them to speak.

Oh yeah, that's a good point.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#8 Posted: 23:25:59 16/09/2015
Quote: Razz
I liked to imagine that Gnorcs, Rhynocs, and other enemies are magical constructs (in the case of Gnorcs, they are literally dragon gems given physical form). Since they're not sentient creatures at their cores, there's no need for them to speak. And we know the Rhynocs were created by the Sorceress (we watch her make the bosses, even).

Razz, you make an excellent point!
As for sparx, doesn't he speak, but make kazooie sounds? I really didn't mind.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me