darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Wait, are regular elemental gates now IN this game?
Page 1 of 1
Wait, are regular elemental gates now IN this game?
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#1 Posted: 21:23:39 04/09/2014 | Topic Creator
I know a while ago they confirmed that all Elemental gates were going to be TRAPTANIUM Only gates. Meaning only Trap Masters of the element could open them. Have they now changed this to feature both REGULAR and TRAPTANIUM gates?

People were saying this and it's got me wondering where this was revealed? If it's true then I am very pleased.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 21:30:13 04/09/2014
From the looks of this screenshot, it looks like it.

[User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:41:50 04/09/2014 by Aura24
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10050
#3 Posted: 21:30:19 04/09/2014
It's hard to tell. It could be a coincidence that we only saw traptanium gates from other levels and Soda Springs has them showcased so only them are around, or it's really only traptanium gates.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#4 Posted: 21:54:34 04/09/2014
No. There's not.
---
Give me money!
#5 Posted: 22:25:43 04/09/2014
They'll very likely have normal, Traptanium and Unknown Elemental Gates in this one.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#6 Posted: 22:28:30 04/09/2014
Assuming there is no literal Unknown element, I think the 'Unknown' gate was just a placeholder...
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#7 Posted: 22:40:01 04/09/2014
Lou Studdert confirmed, that there are NO NORMAL ELEMENTAL GATES in this game. The screenshots are old, the decision about the traptanium gates was made after these screenshots were taken. They just changed the normal gates to traptanium gates, and that's exactly what they play like.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#8 Posted: 22:42:16 04/09/2014
Well, so it's only the Traptanium and Unknown element gates remain in the final version?
---
#9 Posted: 23:09:42 04/09/2014
Yes. I played complete Phoenix perch, soda springs and most of rainfish riviera and did not find anything else.

Here's the confirmation from Lou: https://twitter.com/Gojira84/status/494230098938036225
---
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#10 Posted: 23:10:36 04/09/2014
Not surprising, old news.
---
Give me money!
#11 Posted: 23:27:17 04/09/2014
It may be old news, but not everyone follows every thread in this forum. Obviously he missed this bit of info (not surprising now that the old news topic was deleted).
---
#12 Posted: 23:38:22 04/09/2014
I missed that too, had no idea there even was a regular gate in old screenshots. Well it's a bummer there are no normal gates and no buts... Because it's kind of silly to tell us jumping attacks and Tag Team, both things trappers can do, are new features for Cores. Why get them in the first place if the gimmick landers do everything and better?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:38:36 04/09/2014 by Bifrost
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#13 Posted: 01:34:23 05/09/2014
Quote: myskylanders
Lou Studdert confirmed, that there are NO NORMAL ELEMENTAL GATES in this game. The screenshots are old, the decision about the traptanium gates was made after these screenshots were taken. They just changed the normal gates to traptanium gates, and that's exactly what they play like.

I second this post. I remember the topic vividly. They've made a lot of adjustments to the game over the last few months...considering we've only been shown a small piece of it...I wonder how many other things were touched that we don't even know about.

My latest grumble: Villain Quests do nothing...you simply talk to the NPC.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:38:14 05/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#14 Posted: 02:21:49 05/09/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
My latest grumble: Villain Quests do nothing...you simply talk to the NPC.

That was 1 quest out of about 40 wasn't it?
---
bye
#15 Posted: 08:46:45 05/09/2014
Don'T expect any content of the villain quests. THey are just a way to force you to buy traps of all elements if you want to get all collectibles in the levels.
---
Riser Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#16 Posted: 09:53:37 05/09/2014
Gates locked to Trap Master's only. That is unfair.
---
This is survival of the fittest~
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#17 Posted: 17:24:08 05/09/2014
Quote: myskylanders
Don'T expect any content of the villain quests. THey are just a way to force you to buy traps of all elements if you want to get all collectibles in the levels.

There is one exclusive mini game if you bring Eye Five to Rainfish Riveria
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#18 Posted: 18:05:43 05/09/2014
Quote: Riser

Not at all. Acti never specified they were keeping the elemental gates forever, or even that they were supporting previous figures forever(actually they say in the packaging they can stop that whenever they feel like it). It's their choice of paywall, good or not.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#19 Posted: 20:28:49 05/09/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Riser

Not at all. Acti never specified they were keeping the elemental gates forever, or even that they were supporting previous figures forever(actually they say in the packaging they can stop that whenever they feel like it). It's their choice of paywall, good or not.

And it's our choice as consumers to support it, good or not. smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#20 Posted: 20:33:46 05/09/2014
Quote: Bifrost
I missed that too, had no idea there even was a regular gate in old screenshots. Well it's a bummer there are no normal gates and no buts... Because it's kind of silly to tell us jumping attacks and Tag Team, both things trappers can do, are new features for Cores. Why get them in the first place if the gimmick landers do everything and better?

Because... Uuuuuh... Maybe someone could prefer Funny Bone over Krypt King?

First, people was complaining because Trap Masters had no reasons, to be bought, now it is complaining because they gave them an exclusive "ability".

I too agree they should have found another way to make Trap Masters different from, for example, the Giants (like, making them the only Skylanders able to trap, or, as someone brillantly suggested, make their weapon light up when near a villain on the toy too) besides the bigger damage output on the trappable villains.
They could have even added the Traptanium Elemental Gates ALONG with the normal ones.

But this choice isn't gonna change the minds of all the persons who already wanted to buy Chopper, Blades, Torch or any other Core.

As I already said a milion times, for most of the people here is only a matter of "who is stronger, who is needed to 100% the game", and while those are undoubtedly good reasons, to prefer some characters over some others, they shouldn't really be the only ones.
You should also start asking yourself more "which Skylander gameplay do I prefer, which character has the coolest design to me, which character has powers I absolutely want to try out".

Believe me, you would enjoy these games much more, that way.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#21 Posted: 20:49:26 05/09/2014
Eh, I'm okay with not getting 100% since they revealed the traptanium gates, I'm not a completitionist. Just wish it was just because I can't really afford 7 more trappers, and not because I chose a Core over one and that skylander ain't going to bring anything special other than its own gameplay.
---
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#22 Posted: 20:58:35 05/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks for all the replies everyone! I remembered hearing Lou confirm that they were all going to be Traptanium gates ONLY but was wondering if they backpedaled for some reasons. Still a bummer due to cores being a non benefit to the games content. I guess i'll have to miss out on 100% 'til some good deals role around on trap masters. Don't like some of them, and the ones I don't care for are from the same element.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#23 Posted: 22:33:59 05/09/2014
Quote: jbkaok
Assuming there is no literal Unknown element, I think the 'Unknown' gate was just a placeholder...

Why would Activision make Matteomax keep his mouth shut if it's only a placeholder?
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#24 Posted: 22:39:55 05/09/2014
Quote: ExcitonKnight

Why would Activision make Matteomax keep his mouth shut if it's only a placeholder?

I think he was trying to say that only the "Unknown" adjective is a placeholder, not the gates themselves.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#25 Posted: 03:29:03 06/09/2014
Quote: Drek95
Quote: ExcitonKnight

I think he was trying to say that only the "Unknown" adjective is a placeholder, not the gates themselves.

Oh whoops.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#26 Posted: 05:27:18 06/09/2014
Well, this confirms it though, I was sitting good by planning with Trap Master I was going to buy from each Element.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#27 Posted: 10:16:37 06/09/2014
I don't remember it being said anywhere that Traptanium only gates were in the game.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me