darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Eon's Elite Spyro at GameStop available for Pre-Order
Page 1 of 1
Eon's Elite Spyro at GameStop available for Pre-Order
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#1 Posted: 17:22:33 03/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Just got an email from GameStop saying that for a limited time EE Spyro will be available to preorder exclusively at GameStop and will be released November 1st. It also says EE Chop Chop will be available soon to preorder.
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:10:02 03/09/2014 by Matteomax
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 17:23:58 03/09/2014
I can't wait to preorder EE Spyro on the Gamestop website if it ever comes on.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 18:00:34 03/09/2014
OK, the real news is when will be able to order it via the website? Man is it me or does everything associated with this release feels like "last minute"?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#4 Posted: 18:54:53 03/09/2014
Has anyone called the stores to see if its in their systems yet? I'll do it after grabbing my daughter from school.
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
#5 Posted: 19:05:20 03/09/2014
It took us some doing, but my gamestop located Spyro in the system! He will be $24.99, and there seems to be no limit on pre-orders. Chopchop not in the system...yet.
---
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5324
#6 Posted: 19:13:05 03/09/2014
Who can post a pic of the email? Plz do!
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
D77 Green Sparx Gems: 146
#7 Posted: 01:31:11 04/09/2014
I stopped at Gamestop tonight to pay down on our Trap Team pre-order and was able to reserve a Spyro figure. The clerk made it sound like there would be only a single figure released at a time, but not sure of the timespan(month, bi-monthly, etc.) I can't give 100% confirmation of this as fact, that's just how it sounded. While I think the price is high, I am hoping they will look exceptionally nice because I want to collect the set and keep them in the case for myself. I'm sure I'll cave in and open them anyway, but I am looking forward to seeing how the complete package looks.
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#8 Posted: 03:01:39 04/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sivadreamer
It took us some doing, but my gamestop located Spyro in the system! He will be $24.99, and there seems to be no limit on pre-orders. Chopchop not in the system...yet.

That's one outrageous price!
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#9 Posted: 15:28:22 04/09/2014
Quote: flashwingftw

That's one outrageous price!

Yeah, but considering that they are charging the same price in Pounds for UK people, it is not so bad smilie
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 16:17:24 04/09/2014
That price point can kiss my grits. Although..I suppose it makes sense to just flat out have a collectors edition figure for the adult collectors.

Spyro I think will be the only one I get. I'm really interested in how limited quantities might be.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#11 Posted: 17:06:45 04/09/2014
Pre-order Gamestop link - https://www.gamestop.com/toys/...te-spyro/117141

Already preordered my copy.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:08:11 04/09/2014 by Aura24
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#12 Posted: 18:13:59 04/09/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487
That price point can kiss my grits. Although..I suppose it makes sense to just flat out have a collectors edition figure for the adult collectors.

This is a collectors edition for adult collectors and us parents/friends/family members who've gone a bit overboard in trying to get all figure releases for kids. I'm sure your average little Timmy and Johnny will be just as content playing Trap Team on easy or medium difficulty with a regular series 1 Spyro as they are with playing on hard or nightmare difficulty with their 3 times more powerful terminator Elite Spyro with the exact same set of attacks.
#13 Posted: 18:18:30 04/09/2014
Quote: mastermc54
Quote: spyroflame0487

This is a collectors edition for adult collectors and us parents/friends/family members who've gone a bit overboard in trying to get all figure releases for kids. I'm sure your average little Timmy and Johnny will be just as content playing Trap Team on easy or medium difficulty with a regular series 1 Spyro as they are with playing on hard or nightmare difficulty with their 3 times more powerful terminator Elite Spyro with the exact same set of attacks.

Totally a collector's play. Frankly, I'd rather the "chase" editions disappear and they go this route...this would give everyone who wants the "special" figures to do so without eBay scalping.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#14 Posted: 18:32:41 04/09/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Totally a collector's play. Frankly, I'd rather the "chase" editions disappear and they go this route...this would give everyone who wants the "special" figures to do so without eBay scalping.

Also, a lot of chase editions are hideous. The multi-metal Swappers come to mind here. I do really like some of the metallic purple ones, but for the most part they are less interesting than the original figures. As a hardcore collector, I like the 'pop' of the glossy paint on the elites, and in general they represent the perfected versions of characters rather than some weird and arbitrary styling. I am definitely going to be more picky on the paint jobs for these as well, as that is half of the appeal.
---
#15 Posted: 20:51:08 04/09/2014
Apologies for the other thread, its now official as the pre-order is up on the website AND an email just went out smilie

Also shows a trade portal program in starting October 5th for a Punch Pop Fizz!
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#16 Posted: 00:56:15 05/09/2014
I wonder if it's actually gonna be Punch Pop Fizz because in the email it just says pop fizz.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#17 Posted: 01:29:20 05/09/2014
Quote: jbkaok
Quote: GhostRoaster

Also, a lot of chase editions are hideous. The multi-metal Swappers come to mind here. I do really like some of the metallic purple ones, but for the most part they are less interesting than the original figures. As a hardcore collector, I like the 'pop' of the glossy paint on the elites, and in general they represent the perfected versions of characters rather than some weird and arbitrary styling. I am definitely going to be more picky on the paint jobs for these as well, as that is half of the appeal.

Yep, totally get the allure of this as opposed to weird chase colors. After shopping with defpally I now notice a lot of nuances in paint jobs I did not know before, and in my opinion you should ALWAYS be picky about the painting. Frankly, they've gotten better but it's always good to eyeball your purchase. Especially if it's $27 after taxes.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:31:27 05/09/2014 by GhostRoaster
#18 Posted: 03:33:52 05/09/2014
Quote: [url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=107353&post=5285675
Yep, totally get the allure of this as opposed to weird chase colors. After shopping with defpally I now notice a lot of nuances in paint jobs I did not know before, and in my opinion you should ALWAYS be picky about the painting. Frankly, they've gotten better but it's always good to eyeball your purchase. Especially if it's $27 after taxes.

Yeah, that's why I did in-store pre-order rather than online, so I can hopefully at least comb through a few. I also asked about Chop Chop, but they didn't have any info yet.
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#19 Posted: 03:49:50 05/09/2014
With work being crazy come Nov, i just preordered 5 of them. I figure the one i keep will be the best paint. 1 if my brother wants it, others in case of son and wife. Thinking of giving the kid these slowly and only as something he gets when hes super good in school etc. We shall see.
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#20 Posted: 18:38:40 07/09/2014
Does anyone have any idea when Elite Chop Chop will be available for pre-order? They made it sound like it would be soon.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#21 Posted: 06:07:29 08/09/2014
Quote: nocturnalnathan
Does anyone have any idea when Elite Chop Chop will be available for pre-order? They made it sound like it would be soon.

I have a feeling within the next month. They might be seeing how many go for spyro first to see how this line may do. Then it hink it will be a new one each month till all 8 are out.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me