Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Activate Maintenance [CLOSED]
Advisor_Orville Yellow Sparx Gems: 1083
#1 Posted: 20:41:49 02/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Hello darkSpyro,

Please be advised that maintenance is still ongoing in Activate today. Details can be found at this web address:

http://support.activision.com/...&fs=Search&pn=1

Users who updated the Skylanders Lost IslandsTM app prior to Sept. 2nd (today) will have accounts in an Offline state until this merge is complete. If you updated after midnight on September 2nd (today), you may not be able to load into your game at this time. Once the merge is complete, functionality should return and you will once again be able enter your game.

If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to Activision’s Customer Support (https://support.activision.com/) or Activision’s Twitter (@ATVIAssist).

Thank you for your patience.

- AO
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#2 Posted: 21:00:27 02/09/2014
Thanks for posting Advisor Orville!
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
Krush_Hour Blue Sparx Gems: 966
#3 Posted: 21:29:09 02/09/2014
I'm back online.
Kalamath Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#4 Posted: 11:18:51 03/09/2014
I updated prior to the 2nd. I'd been offline the past couple days due to avoiding issues with the maintenance. This morning I went online and immediately saw this on trying to log on to activate via Facebook:

"There was a problem processing your information. We have been notified of the problem and are working to resolve it"

I was now staring at a fresh new realm screen. This happened several times, so I closed everything, rebooted my tab3, and tried again. Log on successful, everything back where it was just prior to the first log on attempt. Whew...

And it's changed my activate name from Kalamath to Kalamath_01
---
Activate family - Kalamath, Petra-Kate, Pinjindir (retired)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:26:34 03/09/2014 by Kalamath
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 11:25:08 03/09/2014
I hope it does not fly cold for 2 months like december .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#6 Posted: 12:45:08 03/09/2014
I have to say I'm very impressed!

I was paranoid and played in airplane mode yesterday. This morning, I started in airplane mode, then took pictures of everything on my island.

Turned off airplane mode, and you'd never know anything had changed behind the scenes. I'm still logged in. Everything is exactly as it should be on my island. I opened and sent gifts - and my list of in-game friends looks exactly correct. No problems at all!

Fingers crossed when my son opens his island, he'll find the same thing.

Thank you Activision/Activate, for a smooth transition!
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#7 Posted: 13:17:47 03/09/2014
Honestly, if it wasn't for the forum I might not have even known that anything was happening. I opened the app this morning and was automatically online.
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#8 Posted: 14:32:32 03/09/2014
Thanks for the reminder to take pictures of my islands. I will do that next time I play.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#9 Posted: 15:22:41 03/09/2014
New issue. Did all my gifting earlier just fine. Now, I'm logged off Activate again and it's doing the following:

"A problem occurred while attempting to retrieve your accepted Terms of Service. Please try again. (ACTIVATE Error Code: 222100)" CLOSE is the only option.

I tried going through the HELP tab to get to my profile or settings, but it kicks me right back to the above error page, and CLOSE. So far I haven't found a way to fix this.

added: this means, of course, I do not get to start the new Magic quest until this issue is fixed. I hope Activision takes notice.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:29:51 03/09/2014 by Kalamath
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#10 Posted: 15:27:03 03/09/2014
Anyway for activison to restore lost data i lost all my stuff
texasaswang Green Sparx Gems: 244
#11 Posted: 15:46:52 03/09/2014
I'm having the same TOS issue Kalamath!
#12 Posted: 15:51:13 03/09/2014
Curious Texas...did they change your username with this merger thing? Mine was Kalamath, is now showing as Kalamath_OI and I have a suspicion this is related to the TOS issue. Bet they borked something in the dbase.

This sucks. I've gone by Kalamath since the early 90's in games. I had it here and on the Activision support forums. Now it's this stupid _OI tagged to it, and I can't even change it back due to "name is already in use" BS. Yeah...in use BY ME. Arrgh.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:03:17 03/09/2014 by Kalamath
akinata Green Sparx Gems: 314
#13 Posted: 16:37:12 03/09/2014
Quote: Kalamath
Curious Texas...did they change your username with this merger thing? Mine was Kalamath, is now showing as Kalamath_OI and I have a suspicion this is related to the TOS issue. Bet they borked something in the dbase.

This sucks. I've gone by Kalamath since the early 90's in games. I had it here and on the Activision support forums. Now it's this stupid _OI tagged to it, and I can't even change it back due to "name is already in use" BS. Yeah...in use BY ME. Arrgh.

Yes, they changed mine, I was SugarGlider, and now showing as SugarGlider_XYHhw

Tried to change it but change it but it keeps saying my password is incorrect, so I requested to reset my password but the link they email me is wrong, then I login with my linked FB account, it was fine for a while then offline account, it's still offline now. I'm so upset now!
texasaswang Green Sparx Gems: 244
#14 Posted: 16:46:53 03/09/2014
Ok, here is how I fixed it.

Clear all app data in the app manager. Cache, all files.

It gave an error saying no internet, but my save file is back!!!
#15 Posted: 17:09:59 03/09/2014
Unfortunately I decided to try that out. Now I'm unable to get back into my kingdom at all, lol. I still get the same error as above with no option to log out or do anything.
---
#16 Posted: 17:17:51 03/09/2014
The problem is they already started a new tast for the new Magic Sanctuary, the new tast needed to be done in 18 days.
Only my son's account still working normal and can get online.
#17 Posted: 17:20:09 03/09/2014
I'm willing to bet it's people with merged accounts having problems. My wife and son had zero issues, but only 1 account each. I had an Activision account that was merged with Lost Islands, resulting in the changed username, and likely the source of these linking issues.

update: multiple tries logging in after deleting and reinstalling the app. Errors galore, no internet connection, app out of date (???) after fresh install, etc. Finally after about 10 tries it just logs in fine. I lost the last 4-5 hours I'd been playing, thanks Activision!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:27:07 03/09/2014 by Kalamath
#18 Posted: 17:31:00 03/09/2014
I don't want to reinstall the app, I will lost at least 92 gems which I earned since the Error! smilie
#19 Posted: 17:37:37 03/09/2014
Yeah but you don't want to let it go too long before sorting it out, which is why I kept at it. Better to lose some gems and get back on track than continue wasting time. Looks like I'm squared away now, aside from the goofy username mod they forced on some of us.
---
#20 Posted: 18:07:16 03/09/2014
I just tried to login my Activate account on my cell phone, and it's work, but everything those I'd saved at 4:30pm (CST) yesterday. losted 95 gems, whatever earned within the past 12+ hrs.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#21 Posted: 19:34:08 03/09/2014
So I'm not the only one...
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LaCrysta Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#22 Posted: 17:59:02 04/09/2014
When I reconnected to Activate, my name was also changed; it merged with my Activision account, so now my game uses the name I put on that. From now on, I am SmoulderDash. Yes, I spelt it the correct way you silly Yanks.
Jedi_Kunle Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#23 Posted: 01:47:58 05/09/2014
Still saying off line for me
LaCrysta Yellow Sparx Gems: 1776
#24 Posted: 02:45:56 05/09/2014
I was online, but a few hours ago it's back to offline.
sungren150 Blue Sparx Gems: 914
#25 Posted: 12:46:36 05/09/2014
I am offline since last tuesday. I cannot logon to the game and I'm loosing the Sanctum Quest of the month.
Now I fear for my 14.000 gems. I hope I can get them back.
---
Add me if you play Skylandrers Lost Islands. My ID is sundgren150
Sorry for my English. It is not my mother tongue.
#26 Posted: 13:03:41 05/09/2014
It's be really nice if Orville would give us an idea if this issue is being worked on, or if we're just wasting time. The support forum suggests changing your password will resolve the issue, but that does no good at all. I log in via Facebook first of all. Secondly, I currently have no option to log out, much less log back in. I just get the TOS error with no options to do anything but close the window.
---
#27 Posted: 13:32:01 05/09/2014
It's be really nice if Orville would give us an idea if this issue is being worked on, or if we're just wasting time.

Your best bet to get information is to phone them. That was suggested to me by another forum member when I had problems with my game, and it was fantastic advice.

In this case, even the front line people that answer the phone should have some information.

I have found that Activision is not big on communication. Even when my corrupt save was resolved, there was no contact - I just kept trying the game, and one day there was an option to load my saved game or the Activision Support version.

The silence is often frustrating. Forum posts and e-mails are fairly easy to ignore. A live person on the other end of the phone has to be dealt with.
#28 Posted: 22:36:44 05/09/2014
Well, they did something! I went from being totally locked out of the game and having error loops that led nowhere, went for a ride, came back and logged in no problem. Everything from my local save is still there, but I'm online now & have the new well updates.
---
#29 Posted: 00:02:15 06/09/2014
Yay!!
Candhsmom Green Sparx Gems: 251
#30 Posted: 00:55:38 06/09/2014
Where do you get the phone number to call? My game is gone, after over a year of playing with all my beautiful huts and houses, and all but 5 skylanders, not to mention over 1900 gems. I am really bummed. Free time is good to have again, but this is what I liked to do in my free time.
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#31 Posted: 12:50:47 06/09/2014
My username has slightly changed from StarDragon to StarDragon_Je. Is there a way to change it back or am I stuck with this new name?
Also, when I checked my friends list on the Activate menu it says that only 20 of my 99 friends (excluding Aura) have Lost Islands and the other 79 don't. But when I click on a username it says that they do still have the game and I can still gift normally to them. Is there anyway to sort this out?
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Hoelegang Blue Sparx Gems: 991
#32 Posted: 12:45:26 10/09/2014
I have the same question as Star Dragon: can I change my name to remove the added letters, and what about the majority in my friends list which seemingly don't have Lost Islands anymore since the merger?
#33 Posted: 16:55:41 10/09/2014
Quote: Star Dragon
My username has slightly changed from StarDragon to StarDragon_Je. Is there a way to change it back or am I stuck with this new name?
Also, when I checked my friends list on the Activate menu it says that only 20 of my 99 friends (excluding Aura) have Lost Islands and the other 79 don't. But when I click on a username it says that they do still have the game and I can still gift normally to them. Is there anyway to sort this out?

My username also changed by them from SugarGlider to SugarGlider_XYHhw , I was unable to change my name before today, but now it's work!

To edit your Activate account information, tap on Kudo bar, then click on the Activate green icon on the left side under the facebook icon, same way you go to remove and add friends but this time select "Settings" in the bottom menu, you will see "Edit Account" under the "Account" section, tap into it, then tap on your Gamer Name, then you will know how to change it!
#34 Posted: 20:58:00 10/09/2014
I tried this and got booted out and am right back to the TOS error from before. To make matters worse, I try to change my password, and it's telling me my old one is invalid, but I know it's the right one. I'm trying to get it to reset my password now, but there is no simple "Request to reset password" option via email. If anyone knows of a link pls advise.

https://s.activision.com/activision/forgotPassword Simply brings you to your account page and does NOT help with a forgotten password, as you are required to enter your old pass to set a new one.

edit: managed to reset password by logging out (pass was saved in browser but no way to see what it was) and requesting a reset. That's done. Had to log out on the tablet next, log back in and I'm connected. Still can't change my gamer name. I get "The provided account information is invalid."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:17:14 10/09/2014 by Kalamath
#35 Posted: 11:58:54 15/09/2014
My son, DoctorWhoFan (now with some extra letters on the end), is finally back!

Too late to spin for alter egos.
Too late to be able to complete the Magic Sanctum quest.
Too late even to buy an alter ego house.

He's crushed at missing Cupid Flameslinger. Cupid was in his well on September 1st instead of Mystic and, since he's been wanting Cupid for a long time, he was extremely excited to win him. (Save we retrieved does not have him)

He's also a bit crushed about the Magic Sanctum quest. Buying it with gems isn't an option for him.

So I don't know if he'll continue playing or not. He's 7. He's happy to have his island back and that it isn't gone forever, but at the same time, not exactly feeling excited.
#36 Posted: 12:31:52 15/09/2014
I'd set back his clock and fix it for him. Kids, especially, should not have to pay for the poor handling of the merger and the resulting bugs and issues we've had to deal with.
---
#37 Posted: 13:10:42 15/09/2014
I'd set back his clock and fix it for him. Kids, especially, should not have to pay for the poor handling of the merger and the resulting bugs and issues we've had to deal with.

I'll admit I'm considering it. But I've never done TT before and I'm really nervous that I'll accidentally mess things up for him.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#38 Posted: 15:12:15 15/09/2014
whatever you do, be sure to do it in "offline mode"
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#39 Posted: 16:41:05 15/09/2014
Yeah, if you turn off the wifi, and set the system clock manually you should be good.

Here is my unsanctioned hypothetical advice -

I have never had an issue while using TT - not that I have ever done it smilie Just wait until everything is ready to be collected, then set the clock back to desired date. If you want, you can also collect and then keep setting the clock forward and things will become ready to collect again as well. I have had some weird issues with Beetrix and fields not being able to be set, but one round of planting manually fixes that. This advice is only for TT-ing backwards, and I think forwards has much more of a chance of messing things up. Always force close the app between time changes. Then, when done, just set the clock back (or do auto-time on iDevices) and reconnect. Choose to use the save game on device rather than the cloud, and everything should work normally.

Disclaimer - No guarantees!
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me