Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Name Any Part Of Any Spyro Game You'd Improve and Why
Page 1 of 1
Name Any Part Of Any Spyro Game You'd Improve and Why [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 10:01:39 02/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Enter the Dragonfly: the frame rates and the animations. All of them are too stale, and when they finally run smoothly, it's only for 2 seconds. I heard once that some kid got a seizure because of that. Damn you, Universal.

The GBA games: fall warnings. I don't know, maybe we could have had a little heads up button in conjunction with a scroll-check camera. You know, press a little button, connect one edge to another with a line, it'll tell you if it's safe?

Shadow Legacy: the port. Obvious one. Seriously, it's crazy how Square Enix was even able to deliver great Kingdom Hearts games on the DS, but trying to create an epic game on a new console right on release year just doesn't make any sense. It had open world, I'll give it that, but since Amaze was focused more (too much, I'd say) on getting the touchscreen mechanics to work well more than every other aspect of the game, the game didn't sell well. Had Amaze tried to make the game for home consoles, they would be forced to go full 3D, focus strongly on combo techniques, make sure that collisions are so good that every hit lands every time, and actually make effective story bits.

Dawn of the Dragon: Cynder. She's just too silent. She was right next to Spyro! She could have at least said something every now and then! Maybe she (or even Spyro) could have said something when they picked up those light cores.

>>First time a light core's picked up, and Cynder picks it up first<<
[quicktime cutscene]
Cynder: My, this is heavy.
Spyro: You want me to carry it?
Cynder: No, I can handle it.
Sparx: Whatever, tough girl.
Spyro: Was that necessary?
Sparx: She's carrying a light core, hello! She's going to break her neck of she caries that thing for too lo--
Cynder: Go dump yourself into a hornet's nest.
[camera cuts to show Spryo with a face that says, "Really?" Camera then cuts to Cynder, then Sparx]
Sparx: Okay, I'll shut up now.
[controls reenabled; camera controllable afain]
Cynder: Yes, please, thank you.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:51:05 02/09/2014 by LocoGuy107
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#2 Posted: 10:12:57 02/09/2014
Improve? Okay. HD re-release of Spyro 1-3. Rework the rest of EtD. The rest...eh...not worth salvaging, AHT maybe.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#3 Posted: 15:13:13 02/09/2014
Hmm, I'd change quite a few things...
1: In Spyro the Dragon,after you finish the game, all the dragons (Plus more, maybe) should be seen in their home worlds walking around/etc. It doesn't make sense for Spyro to still be all alone in these crazy worlds after rescuing all the dragons, IMO... :/
2:I'd have ETD remade entirely. Nuff said.
I'd make it so free flight is unlockable after finishing each game, making it possible to turn it on or off. (Of course.)
I'd remake DotD as well. Nuff said. e.e
I also think the three classics could use HD remakes, maybe. (While still having the old ones available, of course.)
That's all I can think of right now..
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:13:26 02/09/2014 by cowpowa23
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#4 Posted: 15:43:37 02/09/2014
Spyro the Dragon - Needs some female dragons. I mean where did the eggs come from when we only see male dragons?
- What cowpowa said about the dragons walking around.

Spyro 2 - An alternate ending cutscene after completing Dragon Shores. The other two PS1 games got alternate endings after completing Gnasty's Loot and Super Bonus Round.

Year of the Dragon - More skateboarding challenges.
- More full levels where you can play as the other characters, not just challenge portals.

Enter the Dragonfly - More levels, homeworlds and boss fights.
- More appearances of Hunter and Bianca.
- Shorter load times.
- Return to the homeworld when you get a game over instead of returning to the title screen.

A Hero's Tail - More levels where you play as Hunter.

Season of Ice - Include the maps that were added in the Japanese version. I always get lost in the levels which is why I find this game harder than the other GBA games.

Season of Flame - Include speedways like in Season of Ice.

Fusion - Less minigames and more collectathon levels.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:47:11 02/09/2014 by alicecarp
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#5 Posted: 16:47:19 02/09/2014
Quote: alicecarp
Spyro the Dragon - Needs some female dragons. I mean where did the eggs come from when we only see male dragons?

Spyro 2 - An alternate ending cutscene after completing Dragon Shores. The other two PS1 games got alternate endings after completing Gnasty's Loot and Super Bonus Round.

- More full levels where you can play as the other characters, not just challenge portals.

- Shorter load times.
- Return to the homeworld when you get a game over instead of returning to the title screen.

Season of Ice - Include the maps that were added in the Japanese version. I always get lost in the levels which is why I find this game harder than the other GBA games.

(Bold) That one as well.
Female dragons are nonexistent in that game.. :/
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#6 Posted: 23:28:59 02/09/2014
Quote: alicecarp

- Shorter load times.

No, it does not. That would be a waste of efforts too.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#7 Posted: 00:32:30 03/09/2014
For all its faults, I enjoyed the Legend of Spyro series up until DotD. The only thing I'd want to see is DotD as done by Krome so we could have seen the story as told by people who knew the characters. It still probably wouldn't have been anything more than mediocre, but at least Ignitus might not have died in a fire. *headdesk*
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#8 Posted: 01:00:53 03/09/2014
For the classics, I think character in depth might help a bit. I would love to see more character development on the other characters.

For Legend, they should've done was go with more in depth character, make the game longer, fill up plot holes, make Cynder have a fire element instead of fear, and actually make Malefor a better villain. By that I mean covering 1,000 more plot holes. I honestly I think the series should have a filler game or something to fill in most of the plot holes. It would have been less of a mess then.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Jacques Green Sparx Gems: 383
#9 Posted: 02:34:09 03/09/2014
I absolutely love the idea of making HD re-releases for the first 3 games. Insomniac, Activision, whoever, would be GLAD to hear I would put a lot of cash into those. smilie
---
"What are you saving your money for, another sequel?"
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#10 Posted: 07:56:06 06/09/2014
I've honestly got nothing major to change for the classics, except have make female dragons appear in STD, have another cut scene in GTG/RR after all the Dragon Shores rides have been completed, and Elora should have more appearances in YOTD.

For ETD, just have the developers finish the game instead of leaving it unfinished.

The Legend of Spyro series,
ANB, I would say to just fix the combat system, since that's my major complaint. I would have enjoyed the game if the game-play was good. Change Spyro's personality.

TEN, change Cynder's role from a damsel in distress to an anti-hero and make her have a lot more screen time, and make the characters less forgiving on her sudden change. Make it less of a copy of ANB and more of it's own game, and change the combat system.

DOTD, have Krome make it. nuff said
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me