Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > It's Just This Weird Thought That I Had...
Page 1 of 1
It's Just This Weird Thought That I Had... [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 01:52:45 31/08/2014 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

This is what I get for officially trying to play the entire Spyro series from start to finish.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2 Posted: 09:27:58 31/08/2014
Insomniac just loves guns, and they wanted to somehow incorporate that into the Spyro games I guess.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#3 Posted: 13:04:01 31/08/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107
[User Posted Image]

This is what I get for officially trying to play the entire Spyro series from start to finish.

You should have started playing the games from the beginning, punk.
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#4 Posted: 15:48:35 31/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: zer0dch
Quote: LocoGuy107
[User Posted Image]

You should have started playing the games from the beginning, punk.

I played the games ever since I was three. I just started again recently.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#5 Posted: 16:55:07 31/08/2014
Well, Insomniac did say (possibly joking, but I don't know for sure) that the reason they weren't going to make anymore Spyro games was that Spyro couldn't hold a gun.

And looking at every other game Insomniac has made: every single one is a shooter. This is what Insomniac specializes in, and has always specialized in (they made a shooter before they made Spyro, even). This is actually the reason I'm in the minority who does not want current-day Insomniac to touch Spyro. Spyro does not need guns, end of story. The times there were guns in Spyro, I hated it.

Twilight Harbor is the most stressful level in StD to me. Everything to do with Agent Nine is the most stressful part of YotD, and why I rarely make it past Evening Lake when I replay it. Tank fighting, UFO or not? Don't want to touch it. It might just be lack of a good dodging mechanic, but I really don't think guns are Spyro's style.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#6 Posted: 18:18:02 31/08/2014
Quote:
Well, Insomniac did say (possibly joking, but I don't know for sure) that the reason they weren't going to make anymore Spyro games was that Spyro couldn't hold a gun.

Yep, that was a joke. Insomniac had ideas for a fourth Spyro game but Universal opted not to renew their contract as developer for the series.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#7 Posted: 19:20:49 31/08/2014
Quote: Razz
Quote:

Yep, that was a joke. Insomniac had ideas for a fourth Spyro game but Universal opted not to renew their contract as developer for the series.

I wonder if Universal regretted doing that at the time of EtD's release? Most likely.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#8 Posted: 19:35:20 31/08/2014
I doubt it since it was Universal who forced the studio to rush the game out the door for a holiday release when it needed about another year in development. Companies don't care about things the way fans or developers do (see also: the Krome team's disappointment with not being able to use all the story elements for characters they knew because ActiVision opted to switch developers part way through DotD's creation).
darkspyro199 Gold Sparx Gems: 2102
#9 Posted: 20:39:31 31/08/2014
lol XD that's funny thought...
---
Been here 13 years now... D: Man I'm old.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me