Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
14 gems from new dark house [CLOSED]
P024008 Blue Sparx Gems: 659
#1 Posted: 19:45:49 28/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I decided to pick up another dark house today. I had 3 already. I was very surprised when it paid out 14 gems. The other ones didn't pay out gems this go around. Has anyone else had a similar experience with the dark house. I thought it was only supposed to be a max of 5 or so gems.
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#2 Posted: 19:50:12 28/08/2014
That is a first time perk for new premium houses. I got that many this morning. Got 8 from my first go at my new dragon house. The dark house deal is much better at 66 vs 50% off, but I suspect that's because people buy fewer dark houses due to there only being 6 darklanders at the moment. 5 from SSF and Dark Spyro. We will get 3 more with trap team though, so it might be a good time to stock up if you have a few gems!
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
Trabban Blue Sparx Gems: 971
#3 Posted: 21:38:17 28/08/2014
Dark houses max out at 5 atm; 1 for each of the available variants (dark spyro has 2 figures but only 1 LI character).

Dragon lairs max out at 8.

Edit: what puzzles me though is that Halls of Legend don't seem to have a max? I have 22 in total for 14 Legendary characters (8 are in storage just in case). Why cap other houses and not these?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:53 28/08/2014 by Trabban
#4 Posted: 21:43:17 28/08/2014
Right. Forgot about the DS/DMRS overlap. Dark Elite Spyro anyone? smilie
---
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#5 Posted: 08:48:23 29/08/2014
I bit the bullet and bought a couple . My gem payout from 1st harvest was 8 gems each .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#6 Posted: 12:32:05 29/08/2014
The first gem payout always used to be the max gems available from that house, but that seems to have changed at some point. And I don't believe it is specific to Dark Houses. When my son bought Buddy Wrecking Ball's House, his initial payout was 9 gems.

I agree that 14 gems would be a very nice surprise! I've never seen a bonus that high.
millerfly Green Sparx Gems: 355
#7 Posted: 12:50:40 29/08/2014
The last 2 Hall of Legends I bought paid 9 gems each the first time. Don't think I've gotten more than 4 ever since. But the immediate gem payout for stones was nice!
#8 Posted: 14:07:21 29/08/2014
Quote: millerfly
The last 2 Hall of Legends I bought paid 9 gems each the first time. Don't think I've gotten more than 4 ever since. But the immediate gem payout for stones was nice!

I believe that's why it is not possible to sell Hall of Legends. I currently have over 10600 wish stones piled up. If you could sell "used" Halls instead of just needing to put them in storage, I'd absolutely be trading stones for gems many times over.
#9 Posted: 14:57:07 29/08/2014
Quote:
I currently have over 10600 wish stones piled up.

Why dont you toss em into the wishing well for something pretty ?
---
midas73 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1379
#10 Posted: 15:46:05 29/08/2014
I hear that at some point you run out of room even for pretty things... Also, the pretties come very rarely the higher your level.
---
Activate username: "midas73". I am on a gifting hiatus so be warned...
#11 Posted: 15:55:42 29/08/2014
I threw about 500 stones into the well in the last few days trying to get rid of some, and got some nice results:

3 B+B
4 Fishery
3 Tavern
1 Cocoa Stand
2 Blossom Tree

I am level 40, so you can definitely still get premium items. Haven't gotten a shrine or house in a long time.
---
#12 Posted: 16:11:20 29/08/2014
Yes, the "problem" (if that's the correct word for it) is that I have more than maxed out shrines, have all the alter-egos, have (and have maxed out) all houses except Flip Flop Fryno's, have an island full of Fisheries, an island full of Taverns, an island full of Coca Stands, and something like 12 B&Bs.

Between what I get from houses payouts, sheep topiaries, and statues, I have no need to plant crops, so even the radiant energy field is of no interest.

With everyone except the latest alter-ego already at level 15, I don't typically use adventure balloons either. I have something like 8 of them (island isn't with me today - kids are playing Bad Piggies non-stop), which is enough for completing the adventure side of the sanctum quests. No more regular balloons. I have way more gold than I can spend, simply from populating houses/sanctuaries/sanctums and collecting from buildings.

I think this probably raises the question "Why are you still playing?" I know my husband asks it frequently enough. As long as they keep releasing new content every week, it's interesting enough for me to keep checking twice a day. Morning and evening. I no longer check multiple times a day to max out on anything.

If they do ever put anything different in the well that I either don't have or don't have many of, I'll absolutely toss in 10000 stones or more and record what all I get.
#13 Posted: 17:42:00 29/08/2014
I'm with you and am basically in the same boat, though I still need to plant crops every once and a while and don't have much gold because every time I reach the max level I start playing less frequently and definitely stop loading houses/sanctums/balloons as frequently. Since hitting level 45 last week, I've thrown about 200 stones and got absolutely nothing of interest. I've very rarely have any luck with stones, though. I also don't know why I'm still playing and almost wish I'd stop. I could be doing any of 1,000 things that are a better use of my time than keeping playing but I'm sadly addicted to this game. I know some people on here play other similar games and I've always resisted the temptation to join them. I don't need another game to be addicted to!
---
#14 Posted: 18:43:15 29/08/2014
Quote: midas73
I don't need another game to be addicted to!

Agree 100%!! This is the only "farmville" type game that I've ever played, and I refuse to ever load another. It's been fun (still is). No regrets. But it has taken a lot of time over the past year, and I have no need whatsoever to repeat the process with Bart Simpson, or Brainy Smurf, or any other theme.

I know a lot of others have moved on to Tapped Out, but I'm thinking more along the lines of Hearthstone.
#15 Posted: 19:01:53 29/08/2014
Quote: arkhamhorrorfan
Quote: midas73
I don't need another game to be addicted to!

Agree 100%!! This is the only "farmville" type game that I've ever played, and I refuse to ever load another. It's been fun (still is). No regrets. But it has taken a lot of time over the past year, and I have no need whatsoever to repeat the process with Bart Simpson, or Brainy Smurf, or any other theme.

I know a lot of others have moved on to Tapped Out, but I'm thinking more along the lines of Hearthstone.

I played Tapped Out for a while, and while it was a lot of fun, it was also crazy on the IAP. The premium currency was almost impossible to obtain in-game, and a lot more stuff required it. It was also a lot easier to accidentally spend. I have been saved plenty of times by the gem hurry up countdown! Lost Islands just really gives me more value out of the figures, especially with these new huge toy-link bonuses. I also expect a lot of activity after the Trap Team release.

But all fanboy-ism aside, I really think the IAP balance in LI sets it apart from the other games. I haven't maxed everything yet, so I may change my tune when that happens.

Hearthstone is extremely fun, and is basically all PvP (new expansion aside - really just a vehicle for new cards though), so lots of variety, but can also be either a huge time or money sink if you want to get good cards to win on the ladder.

So TLsmilieR - Lost Islands is pretty great compared to the competition, and will hang on for a few more months at least with TT around the corner, but if you are bored Hearthstone may be the way to go.
---
Coachjohn2049 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1376
#16 Posted: 19:04:21 29/08/2014
100% agreement here as well. Although it is definitely not consuming nearly as much of my time these days. As long as there continues to be new content and my son wants skylanders I will keep playing. I think there should have been a code with the hologram skylanders lunch box I just had to buy for school or many of the other non figure items he has "needed".
#17 Posted: 19:10:30 29/08/2014
I'm not stopping yet - I'm curious what TT will bring too!

And I know exactly what you mean CoachJohn - what do you mean the bedsheets and knapsack can't be entered into my game!? smilie
#18 Posted: 23:53:26 29/08/2014
I will say this about Tapped Out and Tiny Death Star . They make you laugh .

Aww no fair i have harvested like ten times and only got one gem payout so far and it was only 6 gems .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:18:19 01/09/2014 by Dark fhoenix
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#19 Posted: 16:26:17 01/09/2014
we got 2 new dark houses and there was a nice gem payout the first 2 times...now back to smaller rewards.

I know we're not going to max out anytime soon--we still have people to spin for and not enough money to get stack houses
I've been thinking about how they're going to try and keep new players interested. Will the sanctum quests be seen ever again. Maybe 1 or 2 times a year can you "choose" an element to upgrade a sanctuary or will the wrecked sanctuaries that you have to restore have a chance?

I know it must be a real problem for the developers to keep old players playing, but new players still deserve a chance at all the rewards that time gets you
#20 Posted: 23:45:47 01/09/2014
They haven't been able to get rid of me yet!
---
#21 Posted: 12:46:39 02/09/2014
The new player are well taken care of . I am sure they will be able to upgrade their sanctuaries somehow in the future .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:49:11 02/09/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me