#1 Posted: 05:56:48 26/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Does Anyone Know Anything About The Triple Packs In Trap Team
If Someone Does Can You Tell Me What They Are
---
Adj
JimmyIMMORTAL Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#2 Posted: 06:51:53 26/08/2014
http://myskylanders.de/

Half way down page has most of the wave 1 and 2 line up, including triple packs.
---
Collection: 242/254 + 59/60 traps + All Magic Items.
Riot Shield Shredder, Outlaw Brawl and Chain, Steamed Broccoli Guy and Rebel Lob Goblin.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#3 Posted: 10:14:57 26/08/2014
I hope they aren't the finalized waves as it would be really bad if the new cores come last to the reposes.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#4 Posted: 11:13:37 26/08/2014
It could be a possibility a triple pack is

High Five/ Bat Spin/ Flip Wreck
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 12:42:40 26/08/2014
Quote: Snap Shot
I hope they aren't the finalized waves as it would be really bad if the new cores come last to the reposes.

Not sure what you mean, but they are FINALLY correcting a multi-year mistake where 2 reposes used to come in a triple pack.I think triples will move at a brisk pace this year since you get 2 new cores an 1 repose instead of 2 reposes and 1 new core.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#6 Posted: 16:18:16 26/08/2014

Ikr? If anything they should be releasing new cores before the reposes. The reposes is what already ruined the triple pack sales as is and were naturally the most common figures to find. Releasing more new cores in the beginning would be a more wise approach and would help round up the first 2 waves a lot better.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#7 Posted: 20:41:00 26/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Not sure what you mean, but they are FINALLY correcting a multi-year mistake where 2 reposes used to come in a triple pack.I think triples will move at a brisk pace this year since you get 2 new cores an 1 repose instead of 2 reposes and 1 new core.

Based on what I read, as it stands I'm looking at getting 2 triple packs at launch (or early on), instead of buying the solo figures...stark contrast to last time where I was cursing the idea of a triple pack because it was 'so-repose'...
- Unreall
#8 Posted: 20:44:35 26/08/2014
I will STRONGLY consider it this time, especially if the triples go on sale for $20 (effectively making the repose free).
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#9 Posted: 01:05:27 27/08/2014
I will STRONGLY consider it this time, especially if the triples go on sale for $20 (effectively making the repose free).

If we are talking day 1, then the triple pack will not be your best bargain. If I recall correctly, TRU had some sort of sale on day 1. Either, buy B2G1 Free or B1G1 40%, I can't remember. Either way, it's a better deal then a triple pack, especially if you don't value reposes.

I honestly have 0 interest in another gill grunt or shroom boom. The are not favs in my house hold so would only get bought for addictive completion purposes, which I hope to avoid this go round. Even then Blades in a triple pack is a waste. We're surely going to get him in the adventure pack, plus we'll want his legendary version. I don't need 3 copies of blades.
#10 Posted: 02:09:30 27/08/2014
By my calculations 6 characters in 2 triples will cost 40.02 and 6 characters in singles will cost 52.56 assuming BOGO 40% and that there are two triple packs available at launch. It technically costs less if you get singles and no reposes, but you're also getting less.

Your points about Blades is valid though. Don't forget there's a legendary flavor too. And yeah, I was able to do the "complete" thing for 3 rounds. Not doing it this time, so all in all less IS more.

Still, for those who aren't doing adventure packs and need the reposes, triples ARE the way to go. It just depends on your situation.
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 02:14:59 27/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#11 Posted: 10:34:54 27/08/2014
Yes, your calculations are correct on that. I guess it just felt that way.

Three of those 6 characters are useless to me and won't get played. The packs might be worth it when they go on sale for $10, to complete the set and have some spares for customs. As well, I doubt I'll be wanting to get 6 cores on day 1 this time around. We will surely want a couple trap masters and minis and traps, so getting 2 of each plus the dark starter pack is going to be pricey enough.
#12 Posted: 12:27:14 27/08/2014
Oh totally get it, that "in your situation" picking singles is much better, just didn't want to confuse anyone on the math. I know GM loves to get figures for everyone in the family, so getting dupes is never a problem--hence triples might work out better from a cost standpoint.

The fact that they haven't unveiled everything in the game still has me wondering how deep I'm going to go in this game. Right now I'm still in the shallow end of the pool.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:29:05 27/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#13 Posted: 13:07:56 27/08/2014
I think situation drives it for most, but this year it feels like it IS an option. I'm not worried about getting the magic items, I NEVER EVER EVER EVER use them, and I'm not going to get a variant unless I really like it, and so far, Blades isn't doing anything for me, and his legnedary doesn't do anything for me either. MAybe when there is a real good sale, I'll get one to keep my legendary collection going, but as it stands the triples look to be the way for me.
- Unreall
#14 Posted: 15:49:01 27/08/2014
Funny, I've never used any magic item except for the Diamond. If I had to limit my purchases based on "want" vs. "collect them all" I suspect my collection would easily be cut in half.
---
#15 Posted: 17:43:13 27/08/2014
Funny, I've never used any magic item except for the Diamond. If I had to limit my purchases based on "want" vs. "collect them all" I suspect my collection would easily be cut in half.

Yeah, I realized it after a month of SF, I couldn't tell you what half the items do anymore, and the only new one I've actually USED has been the diamond.

When I look back at collect them all versus want, I don't think my collection would be 'too different'. Most that I don't like now, I only knew I didn't like once I played them for a bit. The others that I never thought I would like, like Shroom-Boom, I got whenever I bought a 'lot' of figures off people to get character 'X' at a good price (like Ghost Roaster, when he was going for like 45 to 50, I got him for practically $10 that way).

But I'm looking at it this year as a gamer and father more than a collector. Money is pretty tight right now thanks to our AC unit breaking and my wife being unemployed for the summer (working now), so I can't just 'buy stuff'. With that in mind I look at Blades and the magic items...sure I want the train level, and that might be what pushes me in that direction, but I do feel like I have 'options' this time around. I didn't buy a single triple pack for Giants or SF. They were full of reposes and the such...at a high price. But if I can essentially get a repose for free...I'm willing to listen.
- Unreall
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#16 Posted: 18:59:09 27/08/2014
Yeah I can see what people mean. All the magic items in Swap Force were just OK with the obvious exception of the famous Sky Diamond. The other ones were kinda mediocre compared to the amazing ones in the past. I mean is hitting enemies with a hammer, making enemies dance and disguising yourself as a sheep and slowly healing better than slowing time, dropping anvils from the sky, floating ghost swords, healing elixir, having Sparx shoot enemies, finding more treasure chests with more money for more upgrades and items, and especially shoes that make you move faster? Yeah the older magic items had way more uses and seemed more practical than the new ones. Oh and even the Sky Iron Shield protected you from most attacks was also more useful.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:01:11 27/08/2014 by GhostRoaster617
#17 Posted: 20:21:46 27/08/2014
I think 'collections' have erased some of the need of items as well. I dont' care if a character dies...I have plenty more begging to get on the portal. The shoes only made you faster for like 30 seconds, hardly worth the effort of getting up putting it on and then taking it off.

Maybe that's it, maybe I'd feel different if the items functioned more like 'mods' or disney power disc - where so long as its on the portal, you get the effect. Sure some would have to be seriously nerfed for that, and it wouldn't be practical on all of them, but I wouldn't complain if sky diamond just slightly increased the amount of money made or the elixir healed REAL slow or the shoes made you 'incrementally' faster.

It's not like this is truly 'competitive' gaming where you have ot be on the same equal footing as others.
- Unreall
#18 Posted: 00:45:52 28/08/2014
I've often wondered what criteria is truly needed to meet Master Eon's requirements to become a Skylander? It seems as populous as the YMCA on a hot summer day.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me