Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > I did the ALS Ice bucket challenge
Page 1 of 1
I did the ALS Ice bucket challenge [CLOSED]
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#1 Posted: 04:32:18 26/08/2014 | Topic Creator
i raised awareness guys.

am i cool yet. i got drencheeddd (2 buckets)
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#2 Posted: 04:34:45 26/08/2014
post ut
#3 Posted: 04:45:54 26/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: CommanderGame
post ut

its on mah facebook
Horsi Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#4 Posted: 05:59:30 26/08/2014
I just donated. But I was nominated by friends.
---
Look me in the eyes, and tell me I matter.
Gage Platinum Sparx Gems: 6654
#5 Posted: 10:27:29 26/08/2014
Hold on.

Let me go dump a bucket of water on My head instead of donating money to this charity.
This same charity that I'm dumping water on Myself for, instead of actually donating. I will instead take advantage of this internet trend so I may make Myself known to the internet, instead of donating money to this charity, which I am supposedly raising awareness of by dumping a bucket of water on My head for, which has more perks of being internet famous, and not having to donate money to this charity and feel better about Myself as a human being.
---
Got it Memorized?
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#6 Posted: 11:12:10 26/08/2014
I like how people say that it's supposed to make you feel what the patients feel for a few seconds. How does that even help them?
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#7 Posted: 07:32:44 27/08/2014
I actually agree, what's the point of dumping a bucket of ice water on your head, other then being noticed on the internet? Nothing.
---
#8 Posted: 07:38:19 27/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Gage
Hold on.

Let me go dump a bucket of water on My head instead of donating money to this charity.
This same charity that I'm dumping water on Myself for, instead of actually donating. I will instead take advantage of this internet trend so I may make Myself known to the internet, instead of donating money to this charity, which I am supposedly raising awareness of by dumping a bucket of water on My head for, which has more perks of being internet famous, and not having to donate money to this charity and feel better about Myself as a human being.

Damn, you sound bitter as ****. You're taking this incredibly personally.

Quote: Horsi
I actually agree, what's the point of dumping a bucket of ice water on your head, other then being noticed on the internet? Nothing.

Raising awareness, actually. Does it not? Yeah, practically anyone knows about the challenge and ALS now, but why should that stop someone from still doing the challenge for a little fun?
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#9 Posted: 07:41:25 27/08/2014
Actually, Zero, Gage has a point. Especially when I know 3 people who didn't actually donate, they just poured ice on themselves for attention.

Hold on.

THIIIIS

Quote: AvatariDragon
I like how people say that it's supposed to make you feel what the patients feel for a few seconds. How does that even help them?

It doens't, not at all. -__-
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#10 Posted: 07:47:28 27/08/2014
Quote: zer0dch
Hold on.

Raising awareness, actually. Does it not? Yeah, practically anyone knows about the challenge and ALS now, but why should that stop someone from still doing the challenge for a little fun?

I think it would be nice if you actually donated too.
---
#11 Posted: 07:50:03 27/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Hold on.

Nice counterargument lel.

Yeah, I wish I could too, if I wasn't a broke. ._.
#12 Posted: 07:51:19 27/08/2014

Nice counterargument lel.

Yeah, I wish I could too, if I wasn't a broke. ._.

Oh, I'm sorry. smilie
---
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2637
#13 Posted: 13:19:31 27/08/2014
I wasn't nominated, I just dumped a bucket of ice water on my head.
Because well Why Not?
---
now its time to get funky
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#14 Posted: 20:36:03 27/08/2014
Hold on.

Quote: AvatariDragon

The idea is that by feeling what an ALS patient feels for even a few seconds, you will realize how terrible the disease is and feel inclined to donate. And for the most part it has worked, as they have raised millions towards better research.

People who use cool water or don't donate afterwards are severely missing the point, and those people have been called out on multiple times. Even my brother has told his friends to donate after they chose not to despite doing the challenge.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#15 Posted: 21:25:12 27/08/2014
I think that all you people are only seeing the dumping ice part, and not noticing the fact that this challenge has donated over 50 MILLION$ do the association, and is actually helping.

Some people might be doing it because it's trendy and because they want attention, some are broke, but some are ACTUALLY DONATING.
And it's kind.

Also, you have to understand that some people do donate and dump the water (I did, 20$ though)) not everyone can, I mean, you can't expect an average 13 Year Old to donate 100$ just like that to charity.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me