Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > How Do Your Friends/Family Members React to You Wanting/Playing Skylanders?
Page 1 of 1
How Do Your Friends/Family Members React to You Wanting/Playing Skylanders? [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 00:32:56 25/08/2014 | Topic Creator
At this point, my parents would be displeased with me if I started talking about the game, but they'd be even more displeased and even surprised if I started playing any part of the series.

I'm not bashing anything. I'm just asking a question out of curiosity.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#2 Posted: 00:38:02 25/08/2014
They don't care because I'm an adult and what I chose to do with my time/money is up to me.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#3 Posted: 00:57:45 25/08/2014
Family members get annoyed when I get too hyped about my purchasing plans, but their only real complaint about the game is how expensive it is. Other than that, they even find it fun, though a little too straightfoward of a beat-em-up (they prefer puzzle and sports games).
I had a few friends get kind of surprised I bought plenty of figures despite how expensive this is in my country, but that's about it.
In either case I wouldn't stop playing just because they don't accept it(unless it started to actually hurt my wallet, but I'd be the first to be against that). If anything I'm just missing a co-op partner, but I can have fun on my own with these games.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#4 Posted: 03:05:02 25/08/2014
I don't play Skylanders, so no. Although, if I were to start playing Spyro the Dragon, no one would care?
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#5 Posted: 03:34:42 25/08/2014
My mom doesn't seem to mind, though my siblings want to play it. They're either too young or way too irresponsible for me to let them.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#6 Posted: 03:35:12 25/08/2014
tfw im the youngest sibling

i sure hope i wasnt t-trouble for my older sibs...
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#7 Posted: 03:53:10 25/08/2014
My mom used to play Spyro for me sometimes because she'd get irritated that I skipped all of the gems, though she and I preferred Tomb Raider instead

Anyway, my parents don't care if I play Spyro in my room. They don't care if I play Skylanders either, though sometimes I'll bring it downstairs so my brother and I can play together. That makes them extremely happy because that's practically one of the only times we get along, unfortunately
---
but i love it all smooth
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#8 Posted: 05:08:26 25/08/2014
My mom plays Skylanders with me, and my dad has even bought me figures on occasion. So nothing really special.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#9 Posted: 12:35:42 25/08/2014
they react very badly, so now i secretly play at night and buy figures when they dont know....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#10 Posted: 16:05:08 25/08/2014
Quote: Razz
They don't care because I'm an adult and what I chose to do with my time/money is up to me.

This.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#11 Posted: 18:10:08 25/08/2014
My parents don't mind me playing Spyro, they don't really care what I play.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#12 Posted: 18:18:26 25/08/2014
They don't mind, and are completely fine with it.. ^.^
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
MetallicDragon Red Sparx Gems: 47
#13 Posted: 18:21:01 25/08/2014
They don't mind at all. In fact, sometimes my parents/siblings join me in the fun too.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12920
#14 Posted: 07:21:08 27/08/2014
My parents don't care because I'm an adult and I can do what I want.

My boyfriend used to like the series as much as me and he even tried to collect every character. But now he's lost interest in the series, although he doesn't mind me still liking it.

I'm not sure about my friends although they probably don't care because they're all mature adults like me so they wouldn't judge. Plus, some of them still collect other kinds of toys (such as Pokemon, MLP, Power Rangers etc), so them judging me for liking Skylanders would be hypocritical. If anyone did think less of me for liking Skylanders (or anything else for that matter), I wouldn't call them my friends.
conquertronina Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#15 Posted: 15:34:01 27/08/2014
My friends and family are amused, mostly, since I learned about Skylanders from my job and have since gotten really into it.
Fossildude747 Red Sparx Gems: 60
#16 Posted: 21:12:14 20/12/2014
My parents don't like how expensive it is. But other than that their fine with it, they think it's pretty neat how you put the toys on the portal and they appear on the screen.

As for my friends, the only friends that know I play it play it too, and they sorta like it, but they don't like how there's nothing to do when you beat it, which i agree with.
---
Hey there! Feel free to pm me if you wanna chat!

Keep in mind I have never played any of the original spyro games and probably never will.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#17 Posted: 07:00:44 21/12/2014
My mom is okay with it. She knows I got into the series because of Spyro and I spend my money on the games wisely( getting deals, only buying figures I know I will like).

My Dad... I don't know. He just down right hates them. It could be because I never liked collecting sports cards like he did.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:44:03 22/12/2014 by spyrocrash
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#18 Posted: 22:12:50 21/12/2014
Well at first but later my parents were all like 'Now this is your last figure your getting!' then I would coax them in to be buying me more(If I did not have the money myself).Then I started saying I was going to sell my skylanders(Well my skylanders from Ginats and Swap-Force)so I could get a Wii U but they hated that so now I get to be stuff I will never use again that I could sell for a good price.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
JayjeA Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#19 Posted: 07:24:47 29/12/2014
My wife doesn't mind it much, though sh may tease me about "Playing with my toys", it's all in good fun. My younger kids love them and would just love to gnaw on or break them. My older boy, not too interested...
---
I'm a recent convert to Skylandering and I LOVE it! I'm doing a SUPERCHARGERS LP! I also do UnBoxing videos!
Farlo Blue Sparx Gems: 516
#20 Posted: 19:28:59 11/01/2015
My mum encourages it and will say witch characters she saw where and buying rare characters/characters. my dad...well he hates the concept and keeps saying I should be buying Disney infinity when really im much happier buying amiibo.
---
You don't know what you've done!
smilie
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#21 Posted: 22:11:18 12/01/2015
Quote: azz01
Well at first but later my parents were all like 'Now this is your last figure your getting!' then I would coax them in to be buying me more(If I did not have the money myself).Then I started saying I was going to sell my skylanders(Well my skylanders from Ginats and Swap-Force)so I could get a Wii U but they hated that so now I get to be stuff I will never use again that I could sell for a good price.

your parents sound mean.they should not tell you witch consoles you can or cant get...
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#22 Posted: 22:39:29 12/01/2015
If they're the ones buying it, they should. Sure, if you're paying it yourself, it's kind of silly to have console wars from your own relatives, but if not it's their money and their decision in the end. It took me a few years insisting but I eventually had to understand mine weren't buying a DS ever because they wouldn't pay for something that they couldn't play themselves(like sports games on consoles).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#23 Posted: 15:41:47 24/01/2015
My brothers and sister make fun of me for liking it and everyone else just doesn't really care.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#24 Posted: 16:37:17 24/01/2015
My friends think it's stupid. my dad thinks it's stupid. my sister thinks it's stupid.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2637
#25 Posted: 19:56:29 24/01/2015
Dad likes it
Mom doesnt like it too much
Older sister used to play, she doesnt like it now though
Other older sister doesnt like it

My friends dont judge, although they make the occasional joke about it.
---
now its time to get funky
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#26 Posted: 00:46:38 26/01/2015
dad likes it,mom likes it,brother loves it and my little 4 year old sister likes it so im good
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#27 Posted: 00:55:33 12/02/2015
Well, my parents haven't liked it for the past 4 years.. now to the point in which I am no longer funded for Skylander waves~

For the first time since late SSA-early SG-- I haven't been buying most of every character per wave... Trap Team hasn't interested me much, but I still would have been buying lots of figures, I haven't bought nearly as much compared to SSA or SG, much less SSF~

My mum is okay with it, but my dad hates it.

Well, he will every-once-in-a-while play as Dino-Rang, which, is something.~

Being unusually low on money, I'm not spending it all on Skylanders like I used to... I'm now spending on other games, and saving it up for more important things.~
I'll still get Skylanders 5, though probably about a year from now when the price will drop from $80-$75 to $20 :/

After my birthday, I'm pretty much going to stop buying Skylanders... Though, that doesn't mean I'll ever stop playing~

I am outgrowing the series anyways~
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me