darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > Which one is the best game *NO SPOILERS please*
Page 1 of 1
Which one is the best game *NO SPOILERS please* [CLOSED]
Spyrothelegend Yellow Sparx Gems: 1105
#1 Posted: 07:05:40 03/11/2008 | Topic Creator
To those who have played the game which game do you think is the best in the trilogy ANB, TEN or DOTD ? I also want to know if DOTD is harder then TEN. Thanks
---
I am theneopetmaster on Deviant Art and my fav character issmilie (and I'm a girl)
darklegend Green Sparx Gems: 455
#2 Posted: 14:59:43 03/11/2008
all and dotd is harder
---
spyro your a very special creature with special abilities u can do whatever u like
cynder queen of darkness u take care of spyro
fantasy luver Yellow Sparx Gems: 1286
#3 Posted: 21:46:36 03/11/2008
DOTD for me.
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#4 Posted: 22:01:37 03/11/2008
Dotd is hard but is soooo sweet!!!!!
---
This old place has changed too much
spyroking16 Blue Sparx Gems: 776
#5 Posted: 22:12:12 03/11/2008
DOTD. But they could've made Malefor better.
---
Embrace The Darkness
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#6 Posted: 22:22:09 03/11/2008
Hmmm, it is hard. Either DotD or ANB.
Nalemor Ripto Gems: 789
#7 Posted: 22:39:36 03/11/2008
Gameplay-wise, DotD all the way

Storyline-wise, then I would have to say TEN
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9878
#8 Posted: 23:08:46 03/11/2008
DOTD!!!!!! it was the best!
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#9 Posted: 23:50:12 03/11/2008
Dotd was hard! *Cries* Why did they have to o this to me? I... *CRIES* Would... *CRIES* have... *CRIES* to... *CRIES* say... *CRIES*.........................................................................................................................................................................................................

ITZ THE BEST GAMEZ EVERZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*SCREAMS!*
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#10 Posted: 01:45:41 04/11/2008
it was hard but i had the prima guide!!!!!
---
This old place has changed too much
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#11 Posted: 09:30:04 11/11/2008
DOTD FTW!!! That is the only TLOS game that I like. But I think its easy....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10824
#12 Posted: 12:27:57 11/11/2008
Honestly, I thought TEN was better than DotD. DotD would be my second favourite.
Sophia_S_ M Blue Sparx Gems: 997
#13 Posted: 14:08:22 11/11/2008
If i could say only about the Storyline and gameplay,DotD was better.But about the levels,for me TEN was better because it was all dark *-*
---
"Oh Brother."-smilie,TEN
lunyathedragon.deviantart.com
Firestar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1897
#14 Posted: 14:47:56 11/11/2008
DotD is the best. two plyaers, flying, what more could you want.

Although I think they could have made Malefor harder though.

Oh i LOVE the button sequences.
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#15 Posted: 09:55:49 17/11/2008
TEN would be my list fav TLOS game. I thought it was a bit boring. Gaul was a bit easy. But he was fun to fight in the second round (when your DarkSpyro). ANB is my second fav TLOS game. But my REAL fav Spyro game would be AHT and DOTD.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#16 Posted: 13:24:03 17/11/2008
The Eternal Night is a lot better than Dawn of the Dragon.

Yes, you can play as Cynder... but this doesn't excuse some huge flaws.

First of all, difficulty balance. The game is not easy and neither is it hard. It's badly balanced. This means that most of the game is even easier than A New Beginning was but that some of the parts are vastly more difficult than The Eternal Night and are borderline frustrating. There is no balance. You'll blaze through almost everything and all of your game time will be concentrated on only of a couple of sections.

Now for the second complaint: flight.

I can't believe people hype this "feature". To say it's a game breaker is an understatement as basically, you no longer have to care about any serie of obstacles or enemies. Likewise, falling become a total non-issue as flying is automatic, killing the point of platforming sequences. So, it breaks the game apart and you are not allowed not to use it.

Now for some nitpicks compared to ANB and TEN...

Graphically, you are bound to find a flaw. The Xbox360 and PS3 versions actually look worse as they abused light effects, making everything look like it's plastic. The lower versions actually have better textures but have a lower frame rate, which is annoying at times.

Also, although Cynder look and is animated very nicely, Spyro's new design is vastly inferior to his ANB and TEN designs. He look blocky and generic. Mostly, he look stiff and has a stilled expression. Which is not a good change from the ANB & TEN model, which was nicely animated and actually had a design remniscient of the old games. Likewise, the enemies in DotD, although more varied, don't quite have the same personality as the apes did.

Control issues are also present. Spyro and Cynder in DotD are noticeably less agile as Spyro in ANB and TEN. Most notably, there is noticeable lag in the melee attacks, the attacks have MUCH smaller collision boxes, and Spyro and Cynder conveniently happen to be much bigger targets. Unlike ANB and TEN, using the breath attacks is a necessity, not an option... and not because the enemies are challenging but because you can't hit anything with the melee attacks.

An extra complaint would be the reuse of music. Although TEN did reuse music, it was never to the extend of DotD, which has actually a low number of new themes. Almost all music is ripped from the other two games... and that, even if it does not fit the situations they're used in.

Finally, DotD lack boss fights. Excluding Malefor and the True Final Boss (not revealing who it is), the game has barely any boss fights. Some might not be bothered but considering how many boss fights the other two games featured, it's a letdown.

DotD do have its share of good points such as more open-ended stages and climbing as a whole (which is probably the best part of the game as it involve a lot of different techniques, both solo and co-op ones). It also conclude the story of the trilogy, which is always nice.

The game is still worth playing, actually... but take in account the flaws and complaints above.

I say that if you have to play only one game in the trilogy, you'll have more bang for your buck with TEN, which is longer and more consistent in its challenge.
Rocky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#17 Posted: 13:37:10 17/11/2008
OMG... Zerodius, you can't be serius! TEN was WAY too hard, and the story was b-o-r-i-n-g! In my opinion of course...

And it was dark! And sad! And... i didn't like it...
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#18 Posted: 13:45:33 17/11/2008
Sigh... that complaint again.

I'll repeat once more: TEN is challenging but it's certainly nowhere near TRULY hard games like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry.

The game give you plenty of checkpoints and even spell out how to defeat the tougher enemies before you fight them. All you have to do is pay attention and not throw yourself into the foes with reckless abandon.

It's challenging, true... but it's certainly not cheap.

As for the plot... that's more subjective so I won't comment on that one.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:48:07 17/11/2008 by Zerodius
Rocky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1860
#19 Posted: 13:54:42 17/11/2008
Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry? Never heard of them, but thanks for the wharning! I hate hard games...

I prefer long, easy games, with good storys. And i have to say TEN isn't easy or long, and the story... like i said before!
deaver88 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#20 Posted: 14:19:53 17/11/2008
ANB is good but not a hit
TEN is best storyline + New game plus
DotD is Best game play - easy and no New game plus

So i think TEN is litle better than DotD
---
Life is too short to be taken seriously
pie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#21 Posted: 02:51:19 18/11/2008
DOTD! i love that game!
---
Oh it's not cheating! It's creative stratagy!
ahumeniy Red Sparx Gems: 11
#22 Posted: 04:13:25 18/11/2008
Technically, DotD is the best. but because this game put a finish on the legend it is shorter because almost everything on the legend happened during the eternal night so there was little left for this last part.

But the history is in its climax in DotD so it is more intense (i found very intense moments)

Someone mentioned the game lost the point of platforming with unlimited flying, but since ANB the genre of the game changed from the traditional platforming to action.

I mentioned it before: I would like a cinematic viewer and or sound test. I found the galleries great, but I liked more multimedia. Oh, and the final boss was too easy if you are in the route to complete the game 100%.
Axel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1975
#23 Posted: 05:04:12 19/11/2008
DotD, the difficulty was perfect for me. It wasn't all fighting and you were also able to explore throught the land.
---
Wanna go for a ride?
gamer900 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1382
#24 Posted: 05:11:03 19/11/2008
i like them all!!!!!
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#25 Posted: 05:43:05 19/11/2008
ANB FTW.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me