darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro the Dragon > Japanese Spyro: Director's Cut
Page 1 of 1
Japanese Spyro: Director's Cut [CLOSED]
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#1 Posted: 17:59:00 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm not sure how many people knew about this (but the last time I searched it on English sites it turned up nothing), but I thought this was pretty cool.

Anyone who has ever watched/played the Japanese version of the game knows how slow it is, right? Well. Here's a solution (if you have the patience, mind):

If you complete the game fully, a mode known as Director's Cut is unlocked. With this mode, the game plays just as fast as the US counterpart. Seriously, you can walk through the game on Director's Cut mode and only if you've been charging on the regular Japanese game will you actually be able to keep up.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
MetallicDragon Red Sparx Gems: 47
#2 Posted: 18:00:32 23/08/2014
Whoa, that's crazy! I didn't even know the japanese version was slower. What's the point of unlocking the normal speed game? Is it just to test japanese player's patience or purposefully make it more difficult or what? O.o
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#3 Posted: 21:02:18 07/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Apparently the localization team were worried that the game would be too fast for the Japanese players to handle, so they slowed it down.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#4 Posted: 21:42:49 07/09/2014
LIKE.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me