darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Possible way for them to bring back the villains in Skylanders 5
Page 1 of 1
Possible way for them to bring back the villains in Skylanders 5
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1 Posted: 17:32:42 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Just had this idea. So, what if, instead of bringing all the villains back, they instead decide too "promote" 8 of the villains to Skylanders, giving them unique sculpts, upgrades, soul gems, and catchphrases. But, instead of removing villains entirely, they replace those 8 with 8 brand new villains.

Here are the villains I'm guessing would become fully playable:
Wolfgang
Chill Bill
Pain-Yatta

Anyone else got ideas for other villains that could be promoted to Skylanders?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#2 Posted: 17:52:01 18/08/2014
I would be okay with giving certain characters like Wollfgang a promotion. Though I would imagine it would like be the ones that they have actually given more in depth personalities. So beyond the main bosses we're seeing, it'l likely depend on if any of the others are actually interesting enough to warrant it. I like Pain-Yatta, but I dont know if he even really talks, or just makes sounds. I dont remember any actual dialogue in the play-throughs with him.
#3 Posted: 18:02:08 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GothamLord
I would be okay with giving certain characters like Wollfgang a promotion. Though I would imagine it would like be the ones that they have actually given more in depth personalities. So beyond the main bosses we're seeing, it'l likely depend on if any of the others are actually interesting enough to warrant it. I like Pain-Yatta, but I dont know if he even really talks, or just makes sounds. I dont remember any actual dialogue in the play-throughs with him.

Every villain is going to talk, but Pain-Yatta was revealed awhile ago, so they probably hadn't finished recording his dialog. This isn't a new thing, because Dark Wildfire hasn't had any dialog in his gameplay videos.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#4 Posted: 18:20:38 18/08/2014
If they are bringing them back (Which I hope they do) I would rather that they support the traps so you wouldn't have to buy a whole new toy.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
MarvelSeer Blue Sparx Gems: 675
#5 Posted: 18:30:20 18/08/2014
Quote: Zylek
If they are bringing them back (Which I hope they do) I would rather that they support the traps so you wouldn't have to buy a whole new toy.

Would have to agree, I would just want a trap reading in the next portal just so I can play with all the villains again.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie - Missing Legendary Bushwack emoji
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 18:56:32 18/08/2014
Quote: Bionichute
Just had this idea. So, what if, instead of bringing all the villains back, they instead decide too "promote" 8 of the villains to Skylanders, giving them unique sculpts, upgrades, soul gems, and catchphrases. But, instead of removing villains entirely, they replace those 8 with 8 brand new villains.

Here are the villains I'm guessing would become fully playable:
Wolfgang
Chill Bill
Pain-Yatta

Anyone else got ideas for other villains that could be promoted to Skylanders?

I do think "villains turned good" may provide them an opportunity to introduce a sculpt for them as an official skylander. However, as Zlyek points out...quite a few people will be very upset that they could play that very same character with a trap and will feel like the purchase was forced.

The best of all worlds is trap support AND sculpts. To be honest everyone wants a Kaos, Glumshanks and Wolfgang sculpt now.
This will breed some discontent and turn away some from the franchise if they go this route, however your approach to a game without traps is logical.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:58:39 18/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#7 Posted: 19:05:02 18/08/2014
Can't they just keep the Trap part for the new portal?
---
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#8 Posted: 19:10:37 18/08/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob
Can't they just keep the Trap part for the new portal?

This.
---
#hu
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#9 Posted: 19:45:14 18/08/2014
Skylanders 5? Oh my god.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10 Posted: 20:00:06 18/08/2014
i'd imagine they'd sell a seperate trap add on for people who want thier villains to carry over.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#11 Posted: 22:42:13 18/08/2014
Or the next game could use the trap team portal *shot*
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#12 Posted: 22:44:07 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I never said anything about them getting rid of the Traps. If you read my post, I said that they'd replace the 8 villains with 8 brand new villains for you to collect and play as.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#13 Posted: 12:27:44 04/06/2015
As revealed in //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=118441, the Villains won't be coming back. However, the Trap will still be usable but as energy boosters for SuperCharger Vehicles.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#14 Posted: 12:47:56 04/06/2015
Still doesn't mean that the promotion thing can't happen. As people noticed, there are a few spots on the collection poster that don't look like 20 skylanders only - if they're not Cores or reposes or whatever, they could even be promoted Doom Raiders or whatever fan favorites.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me