Page 1 of 1
Are traps collectibles?
truegamer64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1334
#1 Posted: 19:41:52 17/08/2014 | Topic Creator
This topic was created out of curiosity if you guys will be getting every trap. Honestly, skylanders is becoming crazy and I'll end up selling my wallet to get a character. I am a "hardcore" collector, but I am DEFINITELY not getting every trap. To play as every villain, you need:
A life trap (comes in starter pack)
A water trap (comes in starter pack)
A magic trap
An undead trap
A fire trap
An earth trap
A tech trap
An air trap
A Kaos trap (comes in dark starter pack)

So should I bother buying every trap? Are you guys?
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 19:49:19 17/08/2014
If you want a full Trap collection box, you should definitely get all of them, but if you want the regular experience, you should get at least one of each Element, including the Kaos Trap.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#3 Posted: 19:55:42 17/08/2014
I'm only getting one of each element and the Kaos trap.
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#4 Posted: 20:02:42 17/08/2014
I'm getting one of each element, and the Kaos. Then, once I get all the characters for this one, I'll get the rest to fill up the box.
---
A story.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 20:02:56 17/08/2014
Although everything in this game COULD be collectable, and is from the standpoint that you have a checklist to purchase, avoid calling it so. With millions and millions created, my definition of a collectable is rare...and these don't cut it.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#6 Posted: 20:05:41 17/08/2014
They are collectible seeing as every look can be any of the 8 elements and there are 16 sculpts in all.
(Not counting Kaos trap)

Also the Kaos trap IS NOT just in the starter pack
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#7 Posted: 22:22:23 17/08/2014
My plan is to get one of each Element following the game release, then buy more in between figures waves. I'll probably buy them used and try to trade with some friends.
---
bye
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#8 Posted: 22:26:13 17/08/2014
My plan is just getting 3(Undead,Earth,Air) for now because they have the villains I actually like, more later if one of the secret villains manages to be too good to pass on. I could never collect anything in this game seriously(well,except 100%ing Giants and SSA because I got one 'lander per element eventually) since I can hardly afford my wishlist, but I don't see a use in getting Villains I'll probably look at once and never bother with again.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#9 Posted: 22:43:35 17/08/2014
I wish there were 16 unique trap molds, this way I could use 2 different molds per element (one mold for boss other for regular enemies).

However, with there being at least 14, I plan on getting one specific mold for bosses, and multiple of other molds for enemies (but some molds will be the same just different color).

I plan on having one of each mold sealed.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#10 Posted: 23:44:07 17/08/2014
I'm not planning anything. I'll get three from the dark starter pack and probably 1 or 2 on day 1. From there, we'll buy a trap when we have a villain we specifically want to play as in that trap. I don't how many that's going to end up being.

As I said before, I see the traps as impulse buys, just like DI power disks. They're going to be bought at Target when we're their to get something else, that sort of thing.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#11 Posted: 23:47:14 17/08/2014
Characters that I had paid around $14-$15 for in Giants and Swap Force are now being sold in shops for $4-$5. Personally I will buy the bare minimum traps to start with and then wait about 6 months for them to be sold a ridiculously low prices. Same with the characters.
#12 Posted: 01:49:10 18/08/2014
Quote: Windumup
They are collectible seeing as every look can be any of the 8 elements and there are 16 sculpts in all.
(Not counting Kaos trap)

They are collectible, but they are not collectables. smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#13 Posted: 20:21:38 18/08/2014
This is my last game of Skylanders, and, its looking pretty expensive already. Im just going to get at least one of each element trap ( and maybe more if I like certain villains). And just get one of each element Trap Master. Actually... Im proabbly going to focus more on traps and get more than just one each... I might get some Minis, I already have Terrabite, and the one I want the most is Bop. Anyways, Im proabbly going to get a lot of Traps.
#14 Posted: 20:34:29 18/08/2014
Well, as I insisted on other threads, it's not like you need more than one skylander to finish the story mode proper. It's expensive if you want a full shiny 100% which is literally bragging rights unless they finally add a special ending or something. I'll get just what I like and pretend the Traptanium Gates aren't there (and hope I didn't miss some OP hat or one of the villains I want) and be done with it unless they make Trap Masters cheaper (or release more next game while still giving them some use, which considering the last gimmick-landers is very unlikely).
---
#15 Posted: 21:58:48 18/08/2014
^ I agree you don't "have" to do it, but many people are disappointed if they were able to do that on previous games (get em all etc) and the bar gets raised on each new entry---so definitely understand the frustration there. I think for many, sales are now more important than ever.
---
#16 Posted: 22:06:50 18/08/2014
Well, TFB isn't good with power creep, and the game by default has a problem with spectacle creep if it ever gets solved at all. Though it wasn't much different with SF, since you needed all bottom part abilities meaning people had to wait weeks to get the 100% even with enough money. But now it's not missions, it's the iconic elemental gates, so I do get why this irks people more.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:56 18/08/2014 by Bifrost
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#17 Posted: 22:37:58 18/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Windumup
(Not counting Kaos trap)

They are collectible, but they are not collectables. smilie

Um I never said they weren't?
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me