Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Another Crash Bandicoot/Spyro Game Cancelled.....
Page 1 of 1
Another Crash Bandicoot/Spyro Game Cancelled..... [CLOSED]
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#1 Posted: 16:38:06 16/08/2014 | Topic Creator
There were to be yet ANOTHER cancelled Crash Bandicoot game, along with Spyro, though Spyro only got two level concepts. They were supposed to be based on the classic PS1 games. The creator of these pieces are RHartDesign of deviantart. They are allowed to put these up since the project is cancelled, though not allowed to put out details because because "I'm still under a non-disclosure act for both titles and they do not want the titles released for some reason, maybe they are going to reinstate it?" It was
in production in April of 2012 and got canceled May 2013. Maybe there is hope....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnndcIo2Y2c
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#2 Posted: 16:47:41 16/08/2014
the biggest problem in the gaming developer world today. is to get a spyro game outta the door...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#3 Posted: 18:13:01 16/08/2014
These models looks waaay too unpolished to be from a game that was in production for 1 year AND during SG's development(meaning they'd have to be racing TFB for it), but they could've always been the game that was meant to be the second option to Spyro's Kingdom. But projects get cancelled all the time even for big franchises, the only big deal about this is because it's Spyro and Crash.
And no, there are LOTS of games that have been cancelled that are still under NDAs because the concepts may be used in future games, not the games themselves. There are even recent news of the guy in the Smithsonian that found an alpha of a Duke Nukem game and he could only show a few screenshots and models because, even if the game eventually got released(for PSP I think), that prototype was still under NDA.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#4 Posted: 19:12:16 16/08/2014
I'm not buying any of this. For a start, that's not how a nondisclosure agreement works at all. Second, concept art showing up on dA and only dA? Haha, yeeeeah, no. That's either fan art or nicked concept art from other projects done several years ago. Lastly, ActiVision still has the rights to both Spyro and Crash franchises and there's been no word or even hint of a rumor that they're doing anything but Skylanders with either of them. Given Skylanders' success and Crash's failure and Sony's recent interest in rebuying at least Crash... Nope. The timing on this is all wrong and it just looks suspicious.
#5 Posted: 20:57:51 16/08/2014 | Topic Creator
"We had issues obtaining full rights of the franchise. Activision is holding onto them very tightly so I'm assuming they are wanting to rebirth the title through another company,, I'm afraid." Ugh, Activision....
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#6 Posted: 21:08:34 16/08/2014
Repeating what was said in the beginning doesn't help the case much. "Rebirthing" a title also makes no sense.
---
#7 Posted: 22:36:35 16/08/2014
^ Yep. That is not the language someone working for a company and under a nondisclosure agreement uses. Also, an NDA does not just say you can't mention the game's title but you can totally post concept art and models from it. NDAs are there to keep a project under wraps. If one is in effect, this person cannot talk about their project, ever, until the agreement is finished or made null and void.

Also, I repeat: all this stuff is from deviantART. That's the biggest clue that you're being duped.
Juniper Green Sparx Gems: 109
#8 Posted: 00:53:49 17/08/2014
Mm, I'm curious about this too. The concept art with Pinstripe looks like average level fanart, though no one said they had to be artistic geniuses. Also Crash's model looks nothing like the concept art.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#9 Posted: 08:39:31 17/08/2014
Independent studio.

So nothing official. No way this game would have released, no way did this game ever have a chance. It would have immediately gotten a C&D.

gg kariana.
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#10 Posted: 00:30:51 19/08/2014
Yep. Gotta go the long way, then.

POODLE TIME!
#11 Posted: 00:53:20 19/08/2014
What the heck was that.
---
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#12 Posted: 01:24:54 20/08/2014
*Sigh* smilie
#13 Posted: 05:16:27 20/08/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107

POODLE TIME!

Quote: Bifrost
What the heck was that.

Quote: spyrothe111
*Sigh* :(

It's not real guys. It's Karianna's fan made game that got canned for some reason. Maybe even a C&D. Who knows.

It's not official.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#14 Posted: 09:34:17 20/08/2014
^Yeah, but it just looks like that we'd need to work on our own mascot games if we have any hopes to revive one of them two boys. To be honest, the whole time, I'll be like "fu¢k this crap," but if everything turns out okay, it'll be worth it.

Actually I don't think that's how things work.

But yeah I have to agree here on making your own original 3D plat former game. I mean there's not a lot of 3D plat formers out there and making some that may land the greatest hits list might actually help children and parents find a game that's fun and good (and making a lot of kid's childhoods). And considering you're already inspired (probably not the right word to use here. Maybe Loco with passion? Yeah, that'll work.) by Spyro and what not. Why not start a original story and such? I mean sure it's difficult, but hey I got the feeling you have the guts for it.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#15 Posted: 09:55:45 20/08/2014
^Its going to take years before I can come up with the full story. Funny though, since I'm thinking of using a poodle, I'm thinking that a character would need to say the b word at least once in the entire series. You know, "Yeah, that b***h got skills."

Anyway, her name will be Linda. She'll be a poodle who went into some government agency many years after being dropped to an orphanage. She's gotten into the agency because someone stuck a gun to her head during a time she was driving him in a taxi. She was actually in a gang growing up, so she knew how to fight the guy off (but she's also well educated, a rare feat for a former gang banger), but the guy fled as an agency official, John, an Alaskan Husky, saved her. That's how Linda got into the FSI. The only difference is that she's allowed to use dirty tactics if conditions require it.

Basically, Linda will be a shooter platformer. Maybe it'll go off more as an action series later in the series, but it'll still have platforming. I don't know about you, but I think that Activision needs a nudge like that. They really don't know that you can have guns and platforms at the same time.
#16 Posted: 02:18:46 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: zer0dch

POODLE TIME!

What the heck was that.

*Sigh* smilie

It's not real guys. It's Karianna's fan made game that got canned for some reason. Maybe even a C&D. Who knows.

It's not official.

My fan game? Um, no. I had nothing involved with this game. And the reason why the models don't look polished, is because this game never even reached pre-beta.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#17 Posted: 07:36:04 21/08/2014
Quote: Kariana

POODLE TIME!

What the heck was that.

*Sigh* :(

It's not official.

My fan game? Um, no. I had nothing involved with this game. And the reason why the models don't look polished, is because this game never even reached pre-beta.

Really? Sure seems like you worked on it. You also sure seem to know a lot aboout it. Also, this smells like unofficial indie garbage. "somebody" on the staff team tried contacting Activision to get the rights or licensing to develop a Crash Bandicoot game from an indie studio? HA.

HA.

HA.
#18 Posted: 08:47:04 21/08/2014

It's not official.

Really? Sure seems like you worked on it. You also sure seem to know a lot aboout it. Also, this smells like unofficial indie garbage. "somebody" on the staff team tried contacting Activision to get the rights or licensing to develop a Crash Bandicoot game from an indie studio? HA.

HA.

HA.

I'm pretty sure she had nothing to do with it. As much as you think she has something to do with it. I highly doubt it's her idea. No need to pester her like that.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Skylark56 Blue Sparx Gems: 610
#19 Posted: 11:07:43 21/08/2014

It's not official.

HA.

HA.

Jesus Christ, she's trying to explain that she has no involvement in this project, no need to be a Cocky Twat about it. That's not how this forum works. We discuss and support people on the Forum, not down them by laughing at things they post.
---
Finding Something New About Spyro Everyday!
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#20 Posted: 19:15:43 21/08/2014
Can we at LEAST get a new Crash game for it's 20th anniversary? As in 2016? COME ON! Stop ****blocking us like this!
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#21 Posted: 19:28:46 21/08/2014
Kariana, you obviously didn't do this, but pretty sure someone fooled you into thinking that's an actual game Acti was working on. Pre-beta isn't a thing, and if this is pre-alpha, the devs were doing a really bad job for a professional company - one year and the models being still unpolished like that would get the 3D artist fired in no time. Like others said, this is definately some fangame that got C&D'ed and the author felt like pretending it was a real game that got shut down by the eeeevil Activision.
(not to say they don't do silly things like that, but one thing they don't do is spend money on two possible Spyro games at once and make half go to waste so late in development)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:29:08 21/08/2014 by Bifrost
Skylark56 Blue Sparx Gems: 610
#22 Posted: 12:10:51 23/08/2014

So this project's legitimacy has been confirmed, I think everybody owes Kariana an Apology.
---
Finding Something New About Spyro Everyday!
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#23 Posted: 17:30:46 23/08/2014
^They're using the same source as OP did. That video doesn't make any difference about if this is real or not.
#24 Posted: 17:37:55 23/08/2014
Still fake, just proving that "credited gaming news" sources are easily duped and don't do their research. If it showed up on Kotaku with more evidence than what looks like an art thief on dA who wants attention, I might buy it. But, for all the reasons previously listed in this thread, it is a fake.
#25 Posted: 17:42:56 23/08/2014
I don't think most people in this thread owe Kariana an apology, only one guy was completely rude to her. The person who started all of this is the one that needs to apologize.
Come on, the moment they said this was made during SG's time and for an entire year is enough proof that either it's fake or someone found older prototypes and decided to make a story about them.
---
#26 Posted: 18:47:16 23/08/2014
Yeah, it's definitely not Kariana's fault for posting this. Anyone can be duped.

He's hiding comments from people questioning him in case there wasn't enough proof already.
#27 Posted: 00:20:59 27/08/2014
Oh, look, the guy has now closed his dA account. It's like he got called out a bunch for lying or something... :D
#28 Posted: 00:26:47 27/08/2014
Quote: Razz
Oh, look, the guy has now closed his dA account. It's like he got called out a bunch for lying or something... :D

Yep. Moral to this story here. Never lie for attention. Never lie in general. It gets into trouble.
---
icon from Empoh
#29 Posted: 01:02:10 27/08/2014
Quote: Razz

Hahahahaha. [:
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8681
#30 Posted: 05:08:57 27/08/2014
I'm just going to close this as this has been deemed false.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me