Page 1 of 1
Trap Masters Vs Swap Force
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#1 Posted: 05:11:12 16/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I for one am happy there is no additional gimmick to the Trap Masters like with the Swap Force. To me this wrecked the Swap Force because unless you like the very specific characters, it's almost to like 8 Swappers with different elements and types at the same time. Like for me I have smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, and smilie which left me without a spin, speed, and sneak character to call my own. So what are your thoughts on the differences with the two teams? Also anyone happy these guys look way more fun than the giants hands down, or do you think the giants are too original to be hated?
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#2 Posted: 09:36:13 16/08/2014
I think they are a great variety of characters. Tfb seem to make g
better characters each year.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#3 Posted: 11:43:04 16/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617
I for one am happy there is no additional gimmick to the Trap Masters like with the Swap Force. To me this wrecked the Swap Force because unless you like the very specific characters, it's almost to like 8 Swappers with different elements and types at the same time. Like for me I have smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, and smilie which left me without a spin, speed, and sneak character to call my own. So what are your thoughts on the differences with the two teams? Also anyone happy these guys look way more fun than the giants hands down, or do you think the giants are too original to be hated?

1 - How did you not get a blast zone?
2 - The trap masters do have an additional gimmick. They're weapons glow near villains you can capture and do extra damage (I think). It seems like the original intent was to only allow the masters to capture villains, but that idea got discarded. Also, only the trapmasters can open the traptanium element gates. So you will still need 8 new figures to get through all areas. There's no TT advantage here.
3 - Looking fun and being fun are two different things. It's best to wait to judge till after you can play with the characters you're evaluating
4 - You switched to comparing to Giants...was that intentional? I liked the idea of Giants, but wasn't terribly fond of playing as a giant. The slower speed and blocking much of the screen was annoying when playing 2 player.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 14:07:32 16/08/2014
I personally liked Swap Force...yes there were some losers but I liked the experience. Still do.

That being said TfB makes very solid characters, and seem to have a great pulse on what gamers want in that vein. Hard to compare the two, but I've always said TfB is the best in toy design, while I consider VV top dog on technical features and visuals. I wish I could have the best of both in every game.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#5 Posted: 14:12:54 16/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
I personally liked Swap Force...yes
That being said TfB makes very solid characters, and seem to have a great pulse on what gamers want in that vein. Hard to compare the two, but I've always said TfB is the best in toy design, while I consider VV top dog on technical features and visuals. I wish I could have the best of both in every game.

I agree with you on this. If they had two studios working together to make the game, it could get done faster, and it would also make some of the best games around. I felt that VV's characters seemed a lot different from TfB's; there design was just too cartoonish. Although I did love what VV added to Swap Force, I'm going with Trap Team, because the characters look extremely unique and fun, and the gameplay so far is pretty cool.
---
A story.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 14:20:45 16/08/2014
Staffing productivity does have a negative effect after it hits a certain size, and I get a feeling there's some strong contrary notions by both companies...so it would be interesting to see them come together on a project and settle their creative differences.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#7 Posted: 14:22:55 16/08/2014
The thing with Swap Force is, even if the designs aren't immediately appealing to me, they were all still fun to play as. Wind Up and Stink Bomb are my main points, as I didn't particularly like either of their designs, but they've both become some of my favorites to play as now.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#8 Posted: 14:48:23 16/08/2014
Swap force is better then trap masters. And here I'm talking about the GIMMICK only the swap force game was big cr*p but not that TFB's back I think it'll be much better. #Heroics smilie
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 15:08:07 16/08/2014
1) The Chompies looked even better in Swap Force. But they return to their original character designs in Trap Master.

2) Trap Team has on chapter more than Swap Force and neither of the chapters are boss battles like fighting Mesmeralda or Kaos' Mom. Each chapter in Trap Team will feature two or more Villains to battle against and capture.

3) No regular Elemental Gates in Trap Team whereas Swap Force has them and dual types. It'll be like playing only as the Trap Masters instead of core Skylanders throughout the whole game.

4) The design of the Traptanium Portal looks way cooler than the Swap Force portal. It has the Villain Vault speaker and Crystal Trap slot.

5) While we were worrying about creating 256 different combos in Swap Force, Trap Team lets us focus on trapping many different Villains, including Doom Raiders.

6) Kaos is usually fought in Swap Force and the other previous games, but Trap Team lets us catch the bald loser and play as him.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#10 Posted: 15:55:08 16/08/2014
I say they are both great in their own ways

Swap Force offered more customization to us (with 2 swap force characters you have 4 unique characters through different paths if you swapped them)
Although Trap Team will be letting us use the villians that we have fought as helpful support characters

Both of them have an irl "gimmick"
Trap Team: The traps and the speaker in the portal
Swap Force: Swapping the halves to make outrageous looking combinations (like Free Buckler)

I don't think either is better because they are both great

Although Trap Team is technically better due to improved graphics and the fact it is newer in the series
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#11 Posted: 16:19:25 16/08/2014
I like the Swap Force gimmick better, but the characters themselves, I think the Trap Masters might be more fun.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#12 Posted: 17:43:15 16/08/2014
Yeah... I agree, I expected more of the swappers, and, they were cool and all but almost ALL of The Trap Maters have cool designs and look pretty unique. I can't believe im saying this but... I like Trap Masters better. Enigma FTW!
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#13 Posted: 20:54:00 16/08/2014
Character-wise, the trap masters look nice. But why are they $15 with no specific abilities? The things they can only do is activate traptanium gates which doesn't show their true abilities. Shouldn't they be the only characters that trap villains? No matter, I said what I was going to do once Trap Team releases and try to get all the trap masters only. But the Swap Force gimmick was the best gimmick. It's great how you have swappable figures to make many combinations if you have lots of swappers. And the swap zone minigames are cool. And even if you don't have the correct swappers for dual elemental gates, you can simply plug in another controller, have to skylanders up, and enter the gate.

I'm still getting this game. The innovative trap concept is really cool. I'll be getting the trap masters and many traps in the future.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:54:37 16/08/2014 by Technos
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#14 Posted: 22:05:49 16/08/2014
Hard to say but I suppose at this stage I love the originality and design of the trap masters.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#15 Posted: 02:08:55 17/08/2014
I really hope the mini-games don't make the level 10 minutes longer in Trap Team. The Skylanders in Swap Force never attracted me but some in Trap Team do.
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#16 Posted: 13:06:05 17/08/2014
Well, as for the concept, the swapping mechanic was my favorite out of the two. As for the originality of the characters, the Trap Masters (IMHO) were much better.
---
#hu
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#17 Posted: 02:25:04 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: melvimbe
Quote: GhostRoaster617

1 - How did you not get a blast zone?
2 - The trap masters do have an additional gimmick. They're weapons glow near villains you can capture and do extra damage (I think). It seems like the original intent was to only allow the masters to capture villains, but that idea got discarded. Also, only the trapmasters can open the traptanium element gates. So you will still need 8 new figures to get through all areas. There's no TT advantage here.
3 - Looking fun and being fun are two different things. It's best to wait to judge till after you can play with the characters you're evaluating
4 - You switched to comparing to Giants...was that intentional? I liked the idea of Giants, but wasn't terribly fond of playing as a giant. The slower speed and blocking much of the screen was annoying when playing 2 player.

I was basically referring to how the Giants didn't work that well as a gimmick and that the Swap Force was going in the right direction that still needed some improvements. As for Blast Zone, I do have him, but the truth is from the very beginning of the game, I had to split characters from my team and my brother's team of Skylanders. Yes I have a brother who actually thought this idea was cool and he got me into the game. I just became more invested in the game than he is, but we both still love these games very much.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me