Page 1 of 1
Skystones Smash!
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#1 Posted: 20:05:16 14/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I am glad they updated the Skystones formula. Tic-tac-toe was fun and all, but this seems like it follows a more CCG vein.

Any more info on the Skystones themselves? It looks like they were just Villains so far, but if they are going for an 80-stone deck then they probably have some regular baddies as well.

I for one am looking forward to collecting virtual virtual villains. Skylanders has always had a very microcosmic feel to it, where you use your collection to collect more things, and then possibly collect more things that way. If only it didn't trigger my OCD so strongly...
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#2 Posted: 20:12:33 14/08/2014
I like Skystones Smash better than the original. Hopefully they add other baddies too.
---
A story.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3 Posted: 20:13:51 14/08/2014
It reminds me of Hearthstone. Which isn't a bad thing.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#4 Posted: 20:17:00 14/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Yeah, the card/minion health attack (with damage carryover) definitely seems like Hearthstone. The lanes are kind of a cool idea as well. The AI in the video didn't seem great, but the Giants AI wasn't so hot either. That would definitely be something that could scale with difficulty. He was surely playing the level on easy (I hope - since the villains went down pretty quickly).
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 20:18:39 14/08/2014
The AI is stupid...like on purpose.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 20:21:42 14/08/2014
gives me something to do after i beat the game... but not with my 200+ toys.
#7 Posted: 20:24:52 14/08/2014 | Topic Creator
http://www.forbes.com/sites/an..._medium=twitter

"Also, as I mentioned, parents will appreciate the simple multiplication and addition that is required to work out which tile will win"

I am not really sure how multiplication is involved... seems like good old + and - to me.
---
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#8 Posted: 22:05:47 14/08/2014
Quote: jbkaok
http://www.forbes.com/sites/an..._medium=twitter

"Also, as I mentioned, parents will appreciate the simple multiplication and addition that is required to work out which tile will win"

I am not really sure how multiplication is involved... seems like good old + and - to me.

Thanks for posting that link, excited to read about the Wii U gamepad features:

"However, it’s on the Wii U version of Trap Team that the board game cross-over really shines. You can access Skystones Smash straight on the gamepad, meaning that the whole family can gather round to play. Having a game like that in your lap or on the carpet simply makes sense.

Also you can jump in and play Skystones Smash on the Wii U without having to get to a particular level (once you have played far enough into the game to unlock it). This makes it feel even more like a board game because you can play it when ever and where-ever you want."

We'll finally have another use for the gamepad stand that came with Wii Party U! smilie
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#9 Posted: 23:23:23 14/08/2014
That's awesome! Always happy to see more great exclusive features for my favourite console. :D
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:23:40 14/08/2014 by FireMeowth
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#10 Posted: 23:33:52 14/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
The AI is stupid...like on purpose.

It really shouldn't be smarter than your average 2nd grader, since that's around their target market.
#11 Posted: 23:41:49 14/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I dunno - I think it should be geared toward you getting better stones, at least for the optional battles (and most in Giants were optional). Attacking an empty lane with Sheep Creep when the 3/1 on the board is about to kill you is pretty stupid (granted the fireball would have killed it anyway, but the AI doesn't 'know' that yet).

They could make the computer play well, as in optimal moves, but have weak stones. Eventually (with work) in Giants you could get an essentially unbeatable deck (CONQUERTRON, Chompybots 9000 6/5, Axecutioner, and one other random one), so I think it would feel more fun to actually win based on stones [collection %] and/or skill instead of just beating a dumb opponent.

But yeah, maybe kids will still need some help, so just make the AI actually scale with level (or easy in E, M, H and actually decent in Nightmare), so that people only get a challenge if they're actually looking for one.
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#12 Posted: 01:10:12 15/08/2014
I'm not too crazy for Skystones Smash. What if some of us don't feel like wasting our time trying to defeat an NPC but also try to complete each leve with three stars? Will we get to purchase Skystone tickets in order instantly win the game and save time like back in Giants?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me