Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Thoughts on Mini's?
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#1 Posted: 08:05:33 13/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Weeruptor- He looks okay, but I'm not a fan of Eruptor, so not getting
SmallFry- I'm sticking to S2 Fryno. Not getting
Drobit-Too cute! Getting!
Trigger Snappy- He's funny, looks cooler then normal Trigger happy Getting!
Barkly - Whisper Elf Already have. Still very cool
Breeze - Pet-Vac Getting both! They're both way too cute!
Mini Jini- I don't like her. If i have to get her along with Spry, I sell her. Not getting
Spry- Amazingly cute! Me want! Getting
Eye Small - Hijinx- Not Getting both Hijinx is just ugh, Eyesall? I never liked him.
Bop - Terribite- Getting both Amazingly cute. Yes, both
Gill Runt - Thumplinng- I already have Thumpling, but a second one can't hurt. Getting both

You?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:14:00 13/08/2014 by NINJAsk11
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#2 Posted: 08:10:59 13/08/2014
I think they're just called Minis now.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get any until I have more information about them. So far they seem to possess all the powers of their original counterparts with no reveal as to if they unlock any function within the game or have special upgrades. But they are cute, so I might buy all of them anyways since I had never bought any of the previous sidekicks.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 08:11:05 13/08/2014
I am getting everyone because they're all fudging cute! I hope the have some ways to be different ingame. I already have Trigger Snappy though.
---
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#4 Posted: 08:16:43 13/08/2014
Of the original 8, I'm only missing Terrabite. I'll wait and confirm if the old base characters do anything before I go rushing off for any of the new minis despite the overwhelming cuteness factor.
#5 Posted: 08:26:29 13/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GothamLord
Of the original 8, I'm only missing Terrabite. I'll wait and confirm if the old base characters do anything before I go rushing off for any of the new minis despite the overwhelming cuteness factor.

Yes, I was thinking that as well.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#6 Posted: 09:28:09 13/08/2014
I don't know who I will get but I will probably get bop.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#7 Posted: 10:02:02 13/08/2014
Depends on the pack and price they come in. But I can tell ya this, I wanna hug em. They are too cute for doom.

Hey do you guys ever wonder what the sidekicks originate from in story wise? Like are they mini clones of the skylanders, time traveled versions of themselves, or young little siblings?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#8 Posted: 10:04:17 13/08/2014
They already kinda explained where they come from.

Within the Skylands, a realm of infinite possibilities, there is in fact an alternate reality known as the Skylands Miniverse. Everything there is smaller, including the Skylanders. The Skylanders Sidekicks come from that Miniverse and have traveled to the Skylands to meet their regular-sized alter egos and tag along with them on adventures.
#9 Posted: 10:04:30 13/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trix Master 100
Depends on the pack and price they come in. But I can tell ya this, I wanna hug em. They are too cute for doom.

Hey do you guys ever wonder what the sidekicks originate from in story wise? Like are they mini clones of the skylanders, time traveled versions of themselves, or young little siblings?

NO idea what the Mini's are based on.
Though, the Wiki says this:

Within the Skylands, a realm of infinite possibilities, there is in fact an alternate reality known as the Skylands Miniverse. Everything there is smaller, including the Skylanders. The Skylanders Sidekicks come from that Miniverse and have traveled to the Skylands to meet their regular-sized alter egos and tag along with them on adventures
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#10 Posted: 10:08:30 13/08/2014
It looks like they play the same as their big counterparts. Meh. I like them better than most variants, I'll tell you that, because there's actually a good explanation for them being part of the game.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13937
#11 Posted: 10:17:15 13/08/2014
The new story for the Mini Skylanders is as follows:

Quote:
The Skylander Mini's started off as regular "Sidekicks", assisting the Skylanders on many exciting adventures. And what they lacked in size they more than made up for in courage. Ultimately determined to become full-fledged heroes, they trained at the Skylands Academy - honing their powers and skills until they were ready. Now, they stand side by side with their full grown counterparts, ready to defend Skylands against Kaos and his evil minions.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#12 Posted: 10:22:58 13/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: dark52

Quote:
The Skylander Mini's started off as regular "Sidekicks", assisting the Skylanders on many exciting adventures. And what they lacked in size they more than made up for in courage. Ultimately determined to become full-fledged heroes, they trained at the Skylands Academy - honing their powers and skills until they were ready. Now, they stand side by side with their full grown counterparts, ready to defend Skylands against Kaos and his evil minions.

Thanks Dark! smilie
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#13 Posted: 10:27:21 13/08/2014
I just think its weird how they all put old ones exept Fryno, i wish Fryno was a baby Sunburn or something
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#14 Posted: 10:29:42 13/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kevin16
I just think its weird how they all put old ones exept Fryno, i wish Fryno was a baby Sunburn or something

I think it's because Fryno is very populair among fans. Sunburn, isn't, sadly.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#15 Posted: 10:43:33 13/08/2014
Popularity and how well they look as a mini. I can't see a mini-sunburn looking that cute.

I think this is a great idea. In a way, this is rewarding older fans who tracked down all the minis from frito lay or whatever promotion, since you won't have to re-buy those. Unless of course, they screw us on the double pack configuration. Even though the abilities of the mini is the same as the full size characters, it still feels different since everything is smaller.

I'm sure these are a lot easier to create and code then a new core or possibly even a repose (no wow pow). I imagine they will sell well too. Mom's will be drawn to them, etc. Assuming these sell well, I can see another 8 minis coming for the skylanders 5.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#16 Posted: 11:09:01 13/08/2014
I want to hug Drobit so hard but my friend Drobot would probily scold me.
#17 Posted: 11:19:10 13/08/2014
Where do you guys even get those art pictures of the babies?
---
#18 Posted: 11:26:29 13/08/2014
And i already found an error in the ingame baby Spyro... his crest things arent colloured
---
#19 Posted: 11:36:11 13/08/2014
Quote: dark52

Quote:

That misplaced apostrophe... *twitch*

I actually like their backstory, though. I'm OK with these, think they're my favourite of the variants.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:37:28 13/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#20 Posted: 11:44:00 13/08/2014
I will buy all of them. They're so cute! smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#21 Posted: 11:44:02 13/08/2014
Unless they do something different to their normal counterparts and the previous sidekicks, I'm not getting any.
However, I'll buy the Undead Mini 2-Pack if they do something that their normal counterparts don't.

My favourite (by looks) is Weeruptor (which I'll nickname "Miniruptor" if I get him), but my least favourite (also by looks) is Small Fry. However, that might change when I see Barkley's gameplay.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:54:49 13/08/2014 by Qcumber
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8274
#22 Posted: 11:49:14 13/08/2014
Weeruptor- Love Eruptor, but not getting.
SmallFry- I'm getting Wild Hog Fryno, so not getting
Drobit-I LOVE LOVE LOVE Drobot, but not getting, just doesn't appeal to me.
Trigger Snappy- Already got him, so I'm not getting him
Barkly - Nah, not getting
Breeze - Doubt it, she's cute though. Not get.
Pet-Vac- Maybe, we'll see. Jet-Vac is one of my faves.
Mini Jini- Maybe
Spry- YES YES YES! SPYRO FOR LIFE.
Eye Small - Maybe
Hijinx- No again.
Bop - Terribite- Both are getting.
Gill Runt - Yes! Love Gilly
Thumplinng- Maybe.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:59:34 13/08/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#23 Posted: 11:52:57 13/08/2014
Getting them all! It's the first time that I have an easy possibility for getting some sidekicks! I only got 2 in an EbGames promo! So of course I'm getting them all!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#24 Posted: 11:57:20 13/08/2014
Nice idea, even cooler if older Sidekicks will be playable too.
But I still won't buy a single Mini, since they all look to act exactly like their regular conterparts, so far, and I already own their regular versions. Unless they are required to open special areas, of course.

However, I hope that isn't the "mind blowing game changing idea" they were talking about, because a bunch of cuter versions of already existing characters doesn't seems innovative at all, to me.

Hopefully, they are hiding something else.

Really appreciate the efforts they are putting in this game, tough. Toys for Bob knows how to deal with a Skylanders game. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#25 Posted: 11:58:47 13/08/2014
This was pleasant news. I've got like 6 of the original. I'm not sure how many of these I'l lget, my son will most likely pull me to get them - and the price is more ideal (though ironically my mini-jini's head popped off last night :sad: )

I just want Drobit...he's been my second fav character behind Prism Break, and he looks cute. Father & son hi-jinx to ensue...
- Unreall
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#26 Posted: 12:02:25 13/08/2014
Basically these are reposes 2.0... I'm getting the 8 new ones but the other 8 I'm not getting because I already have them.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#27 Posted: 12:42:49 13/08/2014
This video explains why I am getting them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#28 Posted: 13:09:09 13/08/2014
I think it was a smart idea for one key reason: portability. If they are making a tablet version, then it makes way more sense to carry around 8 minis instead of 8 cores. You can still trap villains and open some gates with the digital Snap Shot, but I don't see how to deal with the other 7 elements of traptanium gates..
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#29 Posted: 13:11:01 13/08/2014
I'm curious, are they just smaller Skylanders? I'm not complaining, because this is the next logical step that the older characters are cheaper because we've already had 2/3 versions of them before. But, do they have... Upgrades? Can they level up? Or are they stuck with 3 abilities and no more? Can they wear hats? That sort of thing.

Edit: Ah, guess I should have watched some of the videos. Okay, just smaller Skylanders. Makes sense, but now I'm wondering if they have... Anything else to them rather than just being small series 1 characters (no wow-pow, no upgrade path switch etc.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:14:08 13/08/2014 by bionicle2809
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8274
#30 Posted: 13:14:41 13/08/2014
Quote: bionicle2809
I'm curious, are they just smaller Skylanders? I'm not complaining, because this is the next logical step that the older characters are cheaper because we've already had 2/3 versions of them before. But, do they have... Upgrades? Can they level up? Or are they stuck with 3 abilities and no more? Can they wear hats? That sort of thing.

They DO get upgrades (Paths and soulgems), level up and wear hats/outfits.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#31 Posted: 13:20:21 13/08/2014
They are 'repose 2.0s', I'm not going to play the idiot and ignore that, but with that said, it comes off more rewarding than 'Tidal Wave Gill Grunt' or ANOTHER Jet-Vac.
- Unreall
Cooltonium Blue Sparx Gems: 605
#32 Posted: 13:25:10 13/08/2014
I love them all to pieces!!
---
buy dangerous woman on itunes
#33 Posted: 13:32:03 13/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Minis can upgrade, have soul gems unlocked, lv up and wear hats.
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#34 Posted: 13:36:43 13/08/2014
Ok..so 8 new minis and you may have to buy the old minis to get some of them as they're sold in double packs. I avoid triple packs for a reason (I don't want duplicates). Here's hoping that the new ones are packaged together and not with the old ones.

Is there anything else to the minis? Or are they just small skylanders? Mini areas? Can the swap with trapped villains etc?

With a look (despite some being small and blurry) at all of the Trap Team now...I'd say the group as a whole is pretty cool. Kaboom reminds me of something, but I can't place my finger on it...Conan the Barbarian?
---
Here we go again...!
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12794
#35 Posted: 13:37:59 13/08/2014
Spry and Mini Jini - Spry is a cuter version of one of my favourite Skylanders and Ninjini is my favourite Giant. Will Buy.

Bop and Terrabite - Just look at Bop's eyes! smilie Will buy.

Gill Runt and Thumpling - I've never really liked the look of Thumpling and Gill Grunt has been overdone. Won't buy.

Weeruptor and Small Fry - Eruptor has also been overdone and I've never been a fan of Fryno. One of them should've been Sunburn or Hot Dog imo. Won't buy.

Trigger Snappy and Drobit - Both look cute. Will buy.

Hijinx and Eye Small - I kinda like Hex, but I've never been that keen on Eye Brawl. Won't buy.

Breeze and Pet Vac - Breeze is another cute version of one of my favourite Skylanders. Will buy.

Whisper Elf and Barkley - I kinda like Stealth Elf and I kinda like Tree Rex. Might buy.
#36 Posted: 13:47:14 13/08/2014
Since I live in Canada we don't have the frito-lay promotion so I'm going to buy all of them smilie

THEY ARE SO DARN CUTE <3
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#37 Posted: 13:48:36 13/08/2014
only talking about new ones. already have 7/8 originals, and will buy eye-small in october.

I need drobit. It must happen. BUY OR I WILL DIE

Hijinx- i don't want her, but my sister might. maybe.

Weeruptor- my second favorite, BUY

Bop- so cute, yet so destructive! BUY

Breeze- my third favorite. buy

Pet Vac- he's a big maybe for me. i'm kinda getting tired of jet-vac. maybe.

Spry- i like him, and will buy him! buy

Small Fry- a big maybe. with him and hog wild, i might want hog wild fryno more. maybe.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:30:08 13/08/2014 by ZapNorris
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#38 Posted: 13:55:17 13/08/2014
These are really cute. I'll be getting Spyro, Breeze and Weeruptor on day one. The others I'll likely get, but not right away smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#39 Posted: 13:56:30 13/08/2014
Quote: RadSpyro
These are really cute. I'll be getting Spyro, Breeze and Weeruptor on day one. The others I'll likely get, but not right away smilie

Are they all going to be there on day 1?
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10064
#40 Posted: 14:02:58 13/08/2014
Existing ones? Probably none unless they're super cheap. As of now they're pretty expensive anyway, and the new ones just look better.

Hijinx -Hex? Fast Hex?! A slightly cheerier animation than her canon verse counterpart? Out of the way, Krypt King, someone else became the first place must buy(after Nightmare Express though). Just hope they can upgrade, that small Bone Wall is going to get her killed left and right.
Spry - Could use a better name, but it's baby Spyro. I'll probably try to get him.
Bop - Looks even better than Bash with these giant adorable eyes and short snout! Not a priority,unfortunately.
Weeuptor/Small Fry/Pet-Vac - Never had any interest in the originals, and though those look just as adorable, it's still not enough for me to want them.
Breeze - Looks more dragon than unicorn as ever now, but it's hardly a priority as well :I
Drobit - After Spry and Hijinx if possible. He's more adorable than any of them with the teeny tiny armor and small teeth, that's for sure.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#41 Posted: 14:14:22 13/08/2014
So, processing this a bit....we have 16 minis that comprise of previously purchased (in many cases multiple times) bigger-sized characters...and 8 reposes...so that's 24 re-heated characters. Yes, they are smaller...but it's a reserving of previous content wrapped slightly differently. Add in Eons Elite and that's a whopping re-serving of 32 characters. And none of them the forgotten 3.

I'm not too happy about the price. They're basically SSA original price characters and you're forced to buy them in pairs.

On the plus side, I'm expecting their damage to be "limited" so that may make for a better "challenge" for those seeking it--however that is speculation since we don't know how that will pan out.

So am I correct in saying that unlike swap force where we got 32 new characters the number of new guys in Trap Team is now 24?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 14:19:17 13/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#42 Posted: 14:19:02 13/08/2014
^ IIRC, one of the gameplay videos with Drobit had his laser shots doing 36 damage each. It seems like Drobot would be too powerful if he's even stronger than that.
Quote: melvimbe
I can't see a mini-sunburn looking that cute.

[User Posted Image]
...I thought someone said "Sunburn could never be cute" or something like that, so I tried to make him cute, but now I can't use this drawing as a snarky response. Ah well. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:21:40 13/08/2014 by Arc of Archives
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#43 Posted: 14:24:30 13/08/2014
Count me in. I already have 8 of these things. smilie

I just hope they arrange the packs well. Even though I'll end up getting every single one of them (even the red-based original Sidekicks), it would be disappointing to see the newer characters bundled with the old ones.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10064
#44 Posted: 14:26:53 13/08/2014
Yeah, and hopefully eventually they'll sell single packs. I haven't bought the ones for canon 'landers since there's always one I don't like, won't do that now for a faster S1.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#45 Posted: 15:08:39 13/08/2014
Quote: Matteomax

I just hope they arrange the packs well. Even though I'll end up getting every single one of them (even the red-based original Sidekicks), it would be disappointing to see the newer characters bundled with the old ones.

Therefore, expect it to happen.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#46 Posted: 15:22:54 13/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Matteomax

Therefore, expect it to happen.

Crap you are right, the new FGTV vid shows a real packaged shot of Minijini and Spry in the same package! smilie
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#47 Posted: 15:27:47 13/08/2014
Because you aint gettin' nothing for free if Activision has their say in the matter.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#48 Posted: 15:28:56 13/08/2014
I already have 7 (just missing Whisper Elf, and I am not sure where my TS and Terabite are) and I will be definitely getting the new ones.

smilie! Drobit!
Omg I want to hug this guy till the plastic pierces my skin
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#49 Posted: 15:30:48 13/08/2014
Now if they go out of their way to split the Air minis and put them with original 8, that would be just low!
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#50 Posted: 15:32:50 13/08/2014
So far they have shown two packs which seem to be element specific. If thats the case, we can at least get air and fire packs without the worry of doubles.
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me