darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Opinions on Series 3/4 Skylanders?
Page 1 of 1
Opinions on Series 3/4 Skylanders?
HippyGuy Green Sparx Gems: 151
#1 Posted: 04:00:08 11/08/2014 | Topic Creator
After seeing the revelation of Hog Wild smilie and Sure Shot smilie , I was pretty pumped for their returns, especially shroomboom since he hasn't gotten a figure since giants. But I was mildly disappointed when I saw Fizzy Frenzy smilie and Tidal Wave smilie . The reason I was excited about the return of Fryno and Shroomboom was because they both didn't have a Series 2 Figures yet. However, considering Gill Grunt is getting an unnecessary 4th figure even though he is pretty common on shelves now along with Pop Fizz is somewhat annoying to me. I am fine with additional reposes of certain skylanders, but when they exceed series 2 it kind of bugs me. Usually Skylanders from the last generation are still sold frequently in stores along with the new ones, heck, I even saw Dino-Rangs on a shelf of my local Wal-Mart the other day. I know Pop Fizz and Gill Grunt are pretty popular skylanders, but they really don't need more figures now. Maybe during the 5th or the 6th Skylander game they could get another figure, but still. This was also with the other series 3 figures introduced in swap force, if they at least made a 1 game gap between introducing series 3 and 4 figures, I'd be fine with that. I mean, we have Skylanders that haven't gotten a figure since Spyro's Adventure (smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,etc.). They all deserve figures by now, especially ghostroaster as he was a hit back in spyro's adventure with undead fans. Anyone else have thoughts on series 3 and 4 figures?
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#2 Posted: 04:10:38 11/08/2014
I totally know what your feeling my friend. These series 3 and 4 figures are only wasting shelf space for the more overshadowed, underrated, and less focused Skylanders who don't get enough time to shine. So many characters deserve a second chance to please all portal masters and they're just being forgotten instead. Me personally just wish series 3 was the max amount of poses a character could get and would give more time for all the others to get more attention.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#3 Posted: 04:22:06 11/08/2014
I collect the figures as, well, figures, rather than as a video game accessory.
So as long as the pose is significantly different to its one before, i like them.
i prefer them over the "re-colours" such as legendaries, darks, enchanted etc.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 04:46:04 11/08/2014
Keep in mind that the reposes in Swap Force are selling in one (maybe two) in a box of 12. I can pretty much guarantee they aren't hanging around on shelves. They didn't do that for Giants, in all fairness. I am betting that the reposes are being restricted in much the same way as they did in Swap Force...
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:46:38 11/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#5 Posted: 05:00:27 11/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Keep in mind that the reposes in Swap Force are selling in one (maybe two) in a box of 12. I can pretty much guarantee they aren't hanging around on shelves. They didn't do that for Giants, in all fairness. I am betting that the reposes are being restricted in much the same way as they did in Swap Force...

I sure hope you are right about that. that's what hurt Giants' sales and had fewer characters to collect, but luckily this game has way more characters than Giants. I believe it's safe to believe that they will follow that formula and have less reposes per box which is the smart route to prevent backed up shelves on reposes.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#6 Posted: 06:22:47 11/08/2014
Yeah I agree . I hope we see less s3 and s4 reposes with trap team.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#7 Posted: 06:49:40 11/08/2014
Same here. While it's nice to see some characters still be readily obtainable in all games, I'd like to see more of the less-obtainable ones getting reposes.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#8 Posted: 07:18:21 11/08/2014
Everyone was pretty let down upon LC whamsell and Warnado. Now we want reposes for them. Who agrees?
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 08:42:58 11/08/2014
They should have never gone past Series 2... Unless it is Wrecking Ball.
---
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#10 Posted: 09:40:40 11/08/2014
A series 3 wrecking ball would be sweet
---
"Taking Charge"
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#11 Posted: 10:25:31 11/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617

I sure hope you are right about that. that's what hurt Giants' sales and had fewer characters to collect, but luckily this game has way more characters than Giants. I believe it's safe to believe that they will follow that formula and have less reposes per box which is the smart route to prevent backed up shelves on reposes.

Giant sales were hurting? I thought were great for that release. Regardless, the value of reposes are completely subjective. I plan on avoiding them this year, for the most part. I've found that they don't get played in the game much by myself and the kids, and I can feel like our collection is complete without reposes. I like variants much better then reposes. Either way though, it seems like there will be more then enough stuff to collect this time around.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#12 Posted: 10:38:25 11/08/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11
Everyone was pretty let down upon LC whamsell and Warnado. Now we want reposes for them. Who agrees?

Part of that letdown was because since they were so rare, people didn't realize they didn't have very good movesets. Couple that with the global nerf the original cores were given in Swap Force and it's understandable to be miffed.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#13 Posted: 11:32:59 11/08/2014
Still despite topics like these being made, Series 3 Whirlwind and Prism Break sell fine regardless.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#14 Posted: 12:44:35 11/08/2014
Who cares about reposes? If you didn't get them the first time around, go ahead but who cares about wow pows or poses and the reposes take away the magic.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#15 Posted: 13:27:50 11/08/2014
Am I the only one who loves reposes I mean I love collect different poses of different characters I love
Like igniter spyro cynder bash zap
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#16 Posted: 13:45:14 11/08/2014
Good god, then don't buy them, i swear...I love reposes, its part of collecting....some of you whine way too much.
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#17 Posted: 23:44:12 11/08/2014
I totally know what your feeling my friend. These series 3 and 4 figures are only wasting shelf space for the more overshadowed, underrated, and less focused Skylanders who don't get enough time to shine. So many characters deserve a second chance to please all portal masters and they're just being forgotten instead. Me personally just wish series 3 was the max amount of poses a character could get and would give more time for all the others to get more attention.

Totally agree. Series 3 should be the max. At least the way they are. If they are going to make a series 4 thingie they should at least make it a diferent way. Like, you have path changing + wow pow on series 2 and 3, but something different on series 4. Maybe no path changing or wow pow, but one of the paths is one of the old paths, and the second is a totally new one.

The Eons Elite, for example, they are a new version of old skylanders, but are totally different from the series 2/3. They have up to three times the power of a series 1, and are more detailed, collector oriented.

And sometimes simple rereleases, like they did with Dino-Rang. Simply putting him back in the marketing.

Sorry for the bad english, not my native language.
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#18 Posted: 00:29:57 12/08/2014
The reposes are for people who don't have the original figure. Their not forcing you to buy another Gill Grunt or another Eruptor. Let people have a chance to get some characters.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#19 Posted: 00:42:05 12/08/2014
I will buy a variant rather than repose as it feels like a different character.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#20 Posted: 01:31:21 12/08/2014
Quote: Psychomancer

Totally agree. Series 3 should be the max. At least the way they are. If they are going to make a series 4 thingie they should at least make it a diferent way. Like, you have path changing + wow pow on series 2 and 3, but something different on series 4. Maybe no path changing or wow pow, but one of the paths is one of the old paths, and the second is a totally new one.

The Eons Elite, for example, they are a new version of old skylanders, but are totally different from the series 2/3. They have up to three times the power of a series 1, and are more detailed, collector oriented.

And sometimes simple rereleases, like they did with Dino-Rang. Simply putting him back in the marketing.

Sorry for the bad english, not my native language.

In my mind, they would have to support EVERY wow pow every series beneath it or get NEW MOVES altogether.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#21 Posted: 05:21:02 12/08/2014
I hope they do Series 2s for the characters that haven't returned yet, like Ghost Roaster, Dino-rang, Sunburn, Voodood etc.
SennyBonku Blue Sparx Gems: 673
#22 Posted: 13:24:04 12/08/2014
I assume the problem isn't the fact that character is reposed, but the fact they're actually limiting to give it only different wow pow and letting you to switch between patches. Besides, many of reposed figures didn't differ much from orginals (Eruptor, Gill Grunt, Prism Break) or they looked much worser (Camo, Trigger Happy, S3 Spyro is also downgrade). Series 2 are nice, it's always good to have ability to pick a path or have them both on hand, but more of the same characters is rather pointless. S3 Wow Pows are usually worser than S2. Not to mention, that some chars are released as Lightcores as well.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#23 Posted: 14:28:07 12/08/2014
In my mind, they would have to support EVERY wow pow every series beneath it or get NEW MOVES altogether.

I agree, they could have really made reposes desirable if they gave them a different moveset. It would be like a new character for half the effort - and people wouldn't largely ignore them like they did for Swap Force. I firmly believe the failure of triple packs to move this year was due to it being a 2 to 1 ratio of repose to new figures in them. Parents figured out they were the same thing again, and they responded "Hey, don't you already have Spyro? We don't need him again.".

At minimum, they should have been given an additional path option in their skill tree - Series one can have path one or two, Series two can have path 2 or 3, etc. That way they could make it so having multiple figures of a series still retain value. They should have made in game variants just have a single new "Wow Pow" move instead. If every figure, later series or variant included, at least had something unique I think it would have staved off some of the weariness of being served up the same figures over and over in different poses.
HippyGuy Green Sparx Gems: 151
#24 Posted: 00:38:49 13/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I never said I hated reposes, but they seriously need to give reposes for specific characters cooldowns (I dunno, like a repose every other game?) For consecutive games, we have had many reposes of Gill Grunt when he has become quite common by now. They seriously should give reposes to characters that actually need them (as I mentioned in my original post).
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me